Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My hunger for skateboard games may be satisfied:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnr6C1zB9U

Anyone play it on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Araxxor posted:

The game has been dead since the final update. That’s what happens with every online game.
Look how wrong and dumb you are.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

skater xl and skatebird this year. what a time to be alive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bust Rodd posted:

I am trying so hard to live frugally but due to an unexpected clerical error my tax refund is literally double what I was expecting so I think it’s time for some new Magic cards and a new video game.

Everyone in the world is still playing animal crossing but I’m hungry for some Mario Kart. With previous versions I get like online play was pointless. I was so immediately outclassed and outplayed by people using infinite drift to just effortlessly leave me in the dust. Is this still how online MarioKart feels? Is there an “old man hands” mode where I only play against other humans and not murderbots sent from the future to make me feel bad about video games?

MK7 and 8 actually got rid of the exploits that allowed for ridiculous drifting with everything so online is actually playable, and it's arguably one of the most fun ways to play the game as it can be such complete chaos, but rewards skill and managing items.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
How much single player content is there in Splatoon/Splatoon 2? I’ve always steered clear of it as I assumed it was mostly multi-player only.

Edit: VVV Thanks for the info gang VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 22, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There's a decent amount and Splat2n has a full dlc campaign if you're left wanting more. It's not some multi-hour rpg experience but it's challenging and has variety to it, so it's not just playing with bots.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a decent campaign (maybe 12 hours to 100%) but the Octo Expansion DLC adds a ton of new levels with added difficulty if you find yourself enjoying the regular story mode.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kragger99 posted:

How much single player content is there in Splatoon/Splatoon 2? I’ve always steered clear of it as I assumed it was mostly multi-player only.

I still wouldn't sell it to someone who intends on doing single-player only unless they're getting it for some $40 DLC included. It's good, but it's not a lot (can even get repetitive?) and it's REALLY not the main point. I really liked the single-player stuff and the DLC is amazing, but it's not worth the full $80 it would normally cost. If you're going to play half the game, pay half the price.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Are there any decent football/hockey/baseball games on this console?

I don't want stuff like Mutant Football or Golf Story or anything wicked arcade-ey, I'm looking for the closest to NHL/Madden/The Show I can get on Switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One of my buddies who really likes baseball enjoys that backyard baseball game whatever the hell it's called but I just couldn't get over the character design with the mom jeans.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Beastie posted:

Anyone play it on PC?

Nope, never heard of this before. Looking at the Steam page it's still in early access and is going 1.0 at the same time as the console releases.

Looks like an even more sim-like skateboard experience than the Skate games. No UI, no scoring, no objectives, no hidden gaps, you basically make your own fun from what I can tell.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kvlt! posted:

I don't want stuff like Mutant Football or Golf Story or anything wicked arcade-ey, I'm looking for the closest to NHL/Madden/The Show I can get on Switch

Real deal MLB The Show is supposedly coming for 2021 but in the meantime Super Mega Baseball is a p good substitute. It's a touch more arcadey than The Show but it hits a good balance of arcade concessions and real baseball for me. Plus the third one is coming out in like a few weeks which is going to add free agency and other management type stuff.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Nope, never heard of this before. Looking at the Steam page it's still in early access and is going 1.0 at the same time as the console releases.

Looks like an even more sim-like skateboard experience than the Skate games. No UI, no scoring, no objectives, no hidden gaps, you basically make your own fun from what I can tell.

That's disappointing, all I want from skating games is an interesting on the combo based underground formula.

For that matter where's a new ssx game!

As a side note though, I wonder why the arcade-y style sports games all died out around the same time. I always preferred them vastly to the more sim style

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SuperData: AC New Horizons’ 5 Million First-Month Digital Sales Most in Console History

Wow! Animal Crossing sold 5 million digital units in its first month alone. By "most in console history" they don't mean in the Switch's history, but all consoles.

"To put the numbers into perspective, five million digital copies “roughly matches” the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together."

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 22, 2020

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Artix posted:

Real deal MLB The Show is supposedly coming for 2021 but in the meantime Super Mega Baseball is a p good substitute. It's a touch more arcadey than The Show but it hits a good balance of arcade concessions and real baseball for me. Plus the third one is coming out in like a few weeks which is going to add free agency and other management type stuff.

This looks good enough for me. Might wait until the third one comes out. Thanks!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

enojy posted:

SuperData: AC New Horizons’ 5 Million First-Month Digital Sales Most in Console History

Wow! Animal Crossing sold 5 million digital units in its first month alone. By "most in console history" they don't mean in the Switch's history, but all consoles.

"To put the numbers into perspective, five million digital copies “roughly matches” the first-month digital sales of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword and Shield put together."

I wonder what it would've been if not for Covid. That's crazy and real bit of good news for them at least.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe it's time for EA to make another attempt at a clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbET6aVN9c

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

ErrEff posted:

I actually kinda liked MySims. Though, it wasn't really much like animal crossing at all since you had to craft the items by effectively building them out of Lego block however you wanted, so long as you placed blocks in a few distinct points.

It got very, very grindy towards the end though

MySims Agents was genuinely pretty good so I'd be down for a revisit.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

ErrEff posted:

Also bring back Magician's Quest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8AnB1lY54

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wonder what it would've been if not for Covid. That's crazy and real bit of good news for them at least.

I reckon it still would have done very well (even if not as stupidly well), compared to previous titles in the franchise. Somewhat myopic to be sure, but with this being the first AC game on Switch, and with just how wide-reaching the success of Switch has been, I imagine a decent chunk of people who bought New Horizons are new to the franchise (the 'myopic' there because AC:NH is the first of this franchise I've been exposed to, and have tried, so I'm projecting a bit there). Growing the fanbase, and all that.

Edit: But to be sure, yeah, lockdown... Certainly for me, my 'relationship' with this game is forever linked to the COVID lockdown that, for my part at least, I'm in week-6 of, and where I really, *really* need to find the 'chill' wherever I can.

magimix fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 22, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

magimix posted:

I reckon it still would have done very well (even if not as stupidly well), compared to previous titles in the franchise. Somewhat myopic to be sure, but with this being the first AC game on Switch, and with just how wide-reaching the success of Switch has been, I imagine a decent chunk of people who bought New Horizons are new to the franchise (the 'myopic' there because AC:NH is the first of this franchise I've been exposed to, and have tried, so I'm projecting a bit there). Growing the fanbase, and all that.

Yeah but it matched Smash and Pokémon?! Pokémon is a killer app, even if the game is dumb. I think that's what shocks me really.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My pro controller has started registering light down inputs from the left stick. I seem to recall it actually doing this the last time I played Xenoblade 2 a lot. It either eventually went away or I fixed it. Is there any fix for this? I just remember I had this problem but haven't got over a year in the same controller. I definitely never took it apart or anything

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah but it matched Smash and Pokémon?! Pokémon is a killer app, even if the game is dumb. I think that's what shocks me really.

I read it's sold more than every other Animal Crossing put together and it's the third best selling Nintendo game, period.

Probably helps that there's super wide appeal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Animal Crossing is MMO for normies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

no

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ColdPie posted:

Scuttlebutt is the hacks are coming in via the legacy NNID accounts, which often had weak passwords due to a combination of having to type it in on a 3DS and Nintendo sucking at online. Solutions are to use your 3DS or Wii U to update your NNID password and/or unlink your NNID account (which is what I did).
makes sense

it doesn't bypass 2fa though, does it?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Leal posted:

Animal Crossing is MMO for normies.
Despite the presence of anthropomorphic animal people, I can't see any other connection between Animal Crossing and Megg, Mogg, and Owl.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its mobage for normies

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I've been getting a clicking noise from my Switch about 15-20 seconds after I turn it off when it's docked, so I'm wondering if maybe the fan's about to go. Been looking into what it might take to replace that myself, and it seems as though it might not be so bad.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'd buy Sims 4 New Neighbor Edition for Switch even if it was 50GB.

Also

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My pro controller has started registering light down inputs from the left stick. I seem to recall it actually doing this the last time I played Xenoblade 2 a lot. It either eventually went away or I fixed it. Is there any fix for this? I just remember I had this problem but haven't got over a year in the same controller. I definitely never took it apart or anything

I would plug in the controller into the Switch then do the software update and recalibration. If it's still doing it I've seen posts online where people have opened up the Pro controller and just cleaned out the dust around the stick and then it worked like new. Outside of that not sure, maybe it's just good ol drift.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Beastie posted:

My hunger for skateboard games may be satisfied:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnr6C1zB9U

Anyone play it on PC?

The return of Goonskate??? :pray:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Your Computer posted:

makes sense

It doesn't, I tried logging in via NNID in a private browsing window and it takes you to the 2FA code request screen.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Kvlt! posted:

Just an fyi, mutant league is a really good football game, like incredibly robust with tutorials, and you can turn off the extras and just play football if you like. also super mega baseball 2 is an incredible game.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Your Computer posted:

makes sense

According to the article, 2FA protects against unauthorized access to your Nintendo (Switch) account. However, I don't think 2FA applies to the NNID account, though, so bad guys might still be able to access your old NNID account and do nefarious things? I'm not sure what an NNID account by itself has access to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Animal Crossing is a very relaxing video game in available during the highest breakpoint of anxiety & depression perhaps in human history. It’s a game that offers community in times of unprecedented isolation. Animal Crossing is helping people.

I didn’t buy it or play these kinds of games, but I’ve gotten like 3 of my friends to buy it after they confided in me that they’d been really stressed because of the virus, and now they are all hard turnip people.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I like looking at the playlist of japanese players i’ve encountered, and seeing their intriguing japan only games. In my head, they are the best games ever made.

Should I report?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Should I report?

Yes

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Bust Rodd posted:

Animal Crossing is a very relaxing video game in available during the highest breakpoint of anxiety & depression perhaps in human history. It’s a game that offers community in times of unprecedented isolation. Animal Crossing is helping people.

I didn’t buy it or play these kinds of games, but I’ve gotten like 3 of my friends to buy it after they confided in me that they’d been really stressed because of the virus, and now they are all hard turnip people.
Animal Crossing really isn't for me (played the DS version and it's probably the only 1st-party Nintendo game I've ever sold off) but I love hearing stuff like this. It's okay to just not be the audience for a particular game/product, and it's weird when people can't seem to process that. All the handwringing in these forums over the 2DS a few years back springs to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

I like looking at the playlist of japanese players i’ve encountered, and seeing their intriguing japan only games. In my head, they are the best games ever made.

Its a pretty sweet game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nneWe4Eepz0