Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brb posting a qcs thread crying about people making fun of my father mitch mcconnell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

don’t blue states generally like fund the federal government

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/justinisreal/status/1252931281039560705

train your balls so they can fight against corona

this series is pretty fun. the host takes the bullshit a bit too seriously but some of the people they meet are incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxS2JGHnCtA&t=1365s

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

twoday posted:

Of course it is the French researchers who now turn their focus towards a potential cure that presents itself in the form of a Faustian bargain, causing one to question their life choices, reflect upon the fleeting insignificance of their own mortality, and descend further into cynical ennui

they gonna have to eat british 'cuisine'?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

Hahahahahahahaha
:smith:

they want us to suffer and die

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1252987653361983490

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zberan Madowinty posted:

brb posting a qcs thread crying about people making fun of my father mitch mcconnell

Wow, a goon with a worse dad than nicheal

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Yeeepp

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sincerely hope mitch mcconnell catches Covid and dies a painful death, choking on his own fluid-filled lungs, alone.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm from Massachusetts and I say go for it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I used to think the funeral I look forward the most was Dons but Mitch wins out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Alpha Centauri posted:

The south ain't seen this kind of death since Sherman

Do it again, Uncle Billy

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Did BNO News catch the Roni? They've gone quiet.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

It's pretty rare afaik. That county clerk (Kim Davis) was jailed for contempt of court. Do you think these sheriffs will be jailed?

lmao whitmer is an craven establishment dem, of course not.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Spoondick posted:

bob marley was right

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
the WHO is flipping out

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1252879486606913536?s=20
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1252921060607041536?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Failson posted:

they were headquartered in one of the plague zones in the Netherlands

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

The Alpha Centauri posted:

The south ain't seen this kind of death since Sherman

The south will die again! It’s our heritage!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Oh you wanted a pension? Go work for Wal-Mart you peon

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Ranked from largest economic contributor to biggest welfare state living off the federal government tit, the order goes from California, New York, etc. to the very dead last, biggest moocher state, Kentucky.

Guess which state McConnell and Rand Paul represent.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

That's going to hit the South & Midwest a lot harder than anywhere else.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I doubt McConnell is gonna take any actual action in cutting off states unless it's written to only effect blue states. This is just the usual rhetoric to make their base feel good about themselves for nebulous reasons

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Agean90 posted:

I doubt McConnell is gonna take any actual action in cutting off states unless it's written to only effect blue states. This is just the usual rhetoric to make their base feel good about themselves for nebulous reasons

it'd be laser targeted on loving the south and appalachia plus like.. new mexico

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

snoo posted:

I wish I had some thin mints

thank god i havent broken into my 2 box stash yet
they gotta last me a whole year

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1252996728460054528

so, this is suspect and alll

but lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Ranked from largest economic contributor to biggest welfare state living off the federal government tit, the order goes from California, New York, etc. to the very dead last, biggest moocher state, Kentucky.

Sounds like the McDonnell is saying they dont want our money anymore thats really nice of him

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

it'd be laser targeted on loving the south and appalachia plus like.. new mexico

NEW MEXICO'S GONNA PAY FOR IT.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MPRnews/status/1252995242560806912
Wow so glad we are past the peak thank you Donald Trump

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

its also worth noting that mcconnell isn't saying that they're gonna rejigger the full redistribution of taxation to the states, but rather that they won't pass more relief funds.

it's also worth noting that the states that will be hardest hit are those that have the weakest economies

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Failson posted:

Did BNL News catch the Roni? They've gone quiet.
yeah it's been...one week since i looked at them

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Not if you buy MMT, but in more traditional conceptions of the taxation system yes

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Failson posted:

it was probably a guy in his basement and hes died from trying to stay awake 24/7 keeping track of everything

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah it's been...one week since i looked at them

:getout:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rynn posted:

Theaters are just places to overcharge for soda, popcorn and pizza and win lovely plastic prizes playing skeeball.

Movies should be streamed to the home and the US should upgrade the nation's broadband infrastructure along with it. If being able to watch new movies is the thing that entices investment in broadband coverage so be it

Unless you’re rich and can afford a huge home theater seeing a movie on a TV screen will never be the same. Of course with the advent of VR I have seen programs that allow you to watch movies with others in a virtual theater but that seems super depressing in a way?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the vic dibietto vid that barons posted here a couple of days ago about how mortgages should be suspended for 3 months is blowing up all over my twitter feed

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

This is what I imagine every American C-Spam friend is like right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcNStHTDjM&t=16s

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Remember when that lawyer got busted running an SSDI claim scam and it turned out like a third of Eastern Kentucky was on SSDI? Good times.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Yeah and if Dems had any brains whatsoever they'd be using Trump's rulebook to call them all red welfare states and say that they're not going to give them federal funding because they keep taking it without repaying.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Unless you’re rich and can afford a huge home theater seeing a movie on a TV screen will never be the same. Of course with the advent of VR I have seen programs that allow you to watch movies with others in a virtual theater but that seems super depressing in a way?

yeah but cutting a hole in your date's valve index controller to trick them into touching your dick isn't the same

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

eighty-four merc posted:

am I following correctly that WA1 (the guy in Seattle) strain is the ancestor of pretty much every strain in the US?

I'm on my phone and also am dumb, so nextstrain.org is impenetrable to me

following up on this discussion yesterday, the NY times has a feature on the WA1 strain and the presumed introducer in the Seattle area. some recent news is that they found the same strain in British Columbia and it's possible the same strain was introduced to the continent more than once. phylogenetics can only resolve things up to the level of identical sequences, so all the outbreaks aren't necessarily due to this one guy, although it does seem likely given his travel history.

https://www.nytimes.com./2020/04/22/us/coronavirus-sequencing.html

the failing ny times posted:

The unique signature of the virus that reached America’s shores in Seattle now accounts for a quarter of all U.S. cases made public by genomic sequencers in the United States.

Either he had somehow spread it to others, or someone else had brought in a genetically identical version of the virus.

That latter possibility has become more likely in recent days, after new cases entered into the researchers’ database showed an interesting pattern. A virus with a fingerprint nearly identical to the Wuhan traveler’s had shown up in cases in British Columbia, just across the border from Washington State, suggesting to Dr. Bedford that it might not have been the first Wuhan traveler who had unleashed the outbreak.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TVVnoticias/status/1252982912779268096

in the dominican republic firefighters threaten to soak people gathering outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Sound posted:

The south will die again! It’s our heritage!

ashes to ashes stars to bars