Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’ve got to refill my chloresteral medicine and the pharmacy that refills them called my dr. And she hasn’t responded for 4 days. Last time they made me come into to do a physical, but gently caress that noise. I’m not going into a medical center during this pandemic for a pill I’ve taken for 5 years. Wondering if they’ll let me telemedicine in.

Lol just checked their website. She’s not even listed now. She ghosted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

wilderthanmild posted:

Maybe I'll go out for a spin and see how terrifying the roads are with only morons on them.

As someone that has to do this because they are "essential", don't do this. I've literally seen more road deaths since January this year than I have seen total in the last twenty years I've been commuting to work (and one particularly nightmare-inducing pedestrian death at 5AM).

Stay the gently caress home.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve got to refill my chloresteral medicine and the pharmacy that refills them called my dr. And she hasn’t responded for 4 days. Last time they made me come into to do a physical, but gently caress that noise. I’m not going into a medical center during this pandemic for a pill I’ve taken for 5 years. Wondering if they’ll let me telemedicine in.

usually the pharmacist is authorized to provide at least a short-term amout of meds in cases like these

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Gianthogweed posted:

I don't think that will help. Fact check me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard covid lung issues is more due to an over response of the immune system to fight the virus, and this over response (build up of fluids) is what causes people to need to go on ventilators. It's sort of like an allergic reaction.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/828091467/why-some-covid-19-patients-crash-the-bodys-immune-system-might-be-to-blame

But smokers don't have this reaction because their lungs are so used to the abuse. So a nicotine patch won't have the same effect as smoking when it comes to building a resistance to the over-reaction of your immune system.

if cigarette smoke does this but weed smoke doesn't that would be the cruelest turn of all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

biracial bear for uncut posted:

As someone that has to do this because they are "essential", don't do this. I've literally seen more road deaths since January this year than I have seen total in the last twenty years I've been commuting to work (and one particularly nightmare-inducing pedestrian death at 5AM).

It's pretty lmao @ us as a society that we're so accustomed to rage-inducing gridlock traffic that being able to actually move freely for once is a euphoria inducing event that causes us to indulge to dangerous excess.

It's like a starving person being presented with a feast and they eat so much they get sick. Except instead of "I haven't eaten in days and am near death" it's "I just want my car to be able to loving MOVE".

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

boar guy posted:

usually the pharmacist is authorized to provide at least a short-term amout of meds in cases like these
Edit: to Burt
You have insurance iirc, this is something that spending a good deal of time on the phone should be able to rectify. Especially if you had a physical in last few years. Cholesterol drugs are some of the most common prescriptions that exist.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Wait, how many road deaths have you seen in total.

Where on earth do you live.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mozi posted:

yeah speaking of hurricanes i wonder how people are supposed to stay at home when their home's roof is ripped off and there's four feet of water

so... go to a shelter? and preserve distancing?

seems impossible

Democratic Republic of the Congo is starting to get COVID-19 deaths but they're also dealing with HIV and cholera and measles epidemics and the tail end of an Ebola outbreak which has been going since 2018 but they also just had 80,000 people displaced by widespread floods. It is loving bleak over there.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gianthogweed posted:

I don't think that will help. Fact check me if I'm wrong, but from what I've heard covid lung issues is more due to an over response of the immune system to fight the virus, and this over response (build up of fluids) is what causes people to need to go on ventilators. It's sort of like an allergic reaction.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/828091467/why-some-covid-19-patients-crash-the-bodys-immune-system-might-be-to-blame

But smokers don't have this reaction because their lungs are so used to the abuse. So a nicotine patch won't have the same effect as smoking when it comes to building a resistance to the over-reaction of your immune system.

That's not how any of that works. The abuse from smoking (tar and other particles getting into the lungs) is very different than the effects of a virus (cell invasion/destruction) and your system being "used" to one will have no effect on the immune response to another.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
You know what I got for corona this year? It was a banner loving year at the Woodpile family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up, Woody."

I love my dad so much and he loves me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Burt abandons coronacruise (tm), self isolates in basement hovel for 2 months, has stroke because of red tape. Dies. Lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Democratic Republic of the Congo is starting to get COVID-19 deaths but they're also dealing with HIV and cholera and measles epidemics and the tail end of an Ebola outbreak which has been going since 2018 but they also just had 80,000 people displaced by widespread floods. It is loving bleak over there.

Hush now, you're going to make the ghost of Leopold II think he let them off easily.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

I know I've seen speculation it might also be related to drunk driving by people who are just drinking constantly with all their new found spare time.

Maybe I'll go out for a spin and see how terrifying the roads are with only morons on them.

As someone who drives 60 miles each day for work (mostly on the highway), I attribute it to the fact that even going 85-90 mph you will get honked at and passed. People are absolutely tearing rear end around the roads since they're far emptier, even at rush hour.

LaughingWallaby
Mar 29, 2020

Mozi posted:

if cigarette smoke does this but weed smoke doesn't that would be the cruelest turn of all

I only have a soldering iron in my apartment right now, would inhaling solder fumes help combat the 'roni?

e: it IS leaded solder, before anyone asks

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Burt Sexual posted:

Burt abandons coronacruise (tm), self isolates in basement hovel for 2 months, has stroke because of red tape. Dies. Lol

He never scored.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Burt Sexual posted:

Every thread ultimately boils down to being the narrative of one poster. You picked a hell of a thread for yours...

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Telemedicine should do the trick, or hit up a minute clinic at the pharmacy or grocery store. My experience with them has been "hey here's my current prescriptions and why I'm on them, can you write me three months worth while I find a new doctor?" and it takes basically no time.

Telemedicine is free on my insurance plan which is really nice.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fashionably Great posted:

Telemedicine should do the trick, or hit up a minute clinic at the pharmacy or grocery store. My experience with them has been "hey here's my current prescriptions and why I'm on them, can you write me three months worth while I find a new doctor?" and it takes basically no time.

Telemedicine is free on my insurance plan which is really nice.

Also did telemedicine for my (lack of a) thyroid medicine. He ordered some labs so I had to go get those done (they emphasized that the office where they took blood wasn't doing and COVID testing) and when the results came back he put through the renewal for another year.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

ugh :/ that sucks. and with the locust situation... there's going to be famine for sure

don't know if anyone is still watching the dr john campbell vids on youtube but there was a recent one where he was going over the situation in africa and he went on a digression about when you're resuscitating a patient you want to be absolutely sure that when you call it quits that you did everything you could so you can tell that to their family, that it was just not possible to save them. and then looking at the situation in africa where we see this disaster looming - we're all worried about ourselves and our own country, but for those countries with poor healthcare systems and who aren't able to provide the help their citizens need - when poo poo hits the fan and people are starving and dying of disease, will we be able to say we did all we could? no - we blocked them out and forgot about them (he didn't say that last part but was left as an exercise to the viewer)

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I've said it before itt but in our last city meeting the police chief reported a huge uptick in daytime DUI calls and arrests. I can't 100% extrapolate that to the rest of the country outside of this city of 130k, but I bet it's true elsewhere. Please don't go on long car rides for no reason, for your own safety.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wait, how many road deaths have you seen in total.

Where on earth do you live.

Georgia. You know, "gently caress 'em, let God sort 'em out" Kemp's state.

And at least one a year for the twenty years prior to this one (but in terms of seeing a mangled car in the trees on the side of the highway/wrapped around bridge supports/in the median and thinking "no loving way they lived through that, it was literally on fire"). All but the horrifying pedestrian death were pretty much like the rest, but more frequently.

I should probably note I have a ridiculous 65 mile each way commute, so I probably see more than most people.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Riatsala posted:

I've said it before itt but in our last city meeting the police chief reported a huge uptick in daytime DUI calls and arrests. I can't 100% extrapolate that to the rest of the country outside of this city of 130k, but I bet it's true elsewhere. Please don't go on long car rides for no reason, for your own safety.

Metrics by insurance companies say accidents here are down 50%.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

This is so crazy.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

NihilismNow posted:

Metrics by insurance companies say accidents here are down 50%.

I think someone posted earlier, and I believe it, that while the accidents go down, the accidents that do happen are way more deadly. This is a pretty known tradeoff wrt road safety, you are more risky the safer you feel.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

zer0spunk posted:

all the armchair virologists

You do realize that you are one of these people also, right

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

bird with big dick posted:

You do realize that you are one of these people also, right

don't you have some CDS reports to file forums user bird with big dick?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
shockingly, the goon tendency to act like an expert on a topic they know nothing about cuts both ways

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah I didn't think you did but i figured I'd try

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

what about vaping

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

you'd try and bait me into a probe by rehashing the dumbest poo poo again?

neat stuff bud

(unless you're talking about CDS work from home and what your rates are, i think you and i are good here, moving on)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

d0s posted:

what about vaping

It's stupid, op.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I just smoked weed. I've heard that nobody ever died smoking weed, so if I smoke weed all the time I'll never die

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
this will be me

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...aeology-botany/

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

So you're an expert on goon behavior or...

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

drat his bongs are all busted up :(

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

zer0spunk posted:

you'd try and bait me into a probe by rehashing the dumbest poo poo again?

neat stuff bud

(unless you're talking about CDS work from home and what your rates are, i think you and i are good here, moving on)

I wasn't asking you to rehash anything, in fact the exact opposite.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

So you're an expert on goon behavior or...

Only the aspects that related to rear end eating

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

I wasn't asking you to rehash anything, in fact the exact opposite.

you seriously can't help yourself and i'm not getting a mod pissed at this dumb slapfight you badly want to have

let's agree to ignore each other and stop derailing this thread ffs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does your username mean that you are physically unable to jizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Does your username mean that you are physically unable to jizz

Oh gently caress!

quote:

When to Seek Medical Attention

If you develop any of these emergency warning signs* for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately:

Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion or inability to arouse
Bluish lips or face

*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html