Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Man punch he own dick (what is a lion) with bells on is, I posit, emblematic of the human condition eternally throughout the ages, and highly memeworthy, you want your museum to do good, more of that.

Also sell replicas in the gift shop.

Because I want one.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

Possibly going to leave himself after a drubbing in a none national election. Bear in mind that this is my own ad-hoc reckon. There is no science behind it, but I think that just betting on poo poo getting weirder is always a good idea.

Ah but it'd be pretty weird for the melts to develop a Corbyn style cult of personality around the world's most uncharismatic man

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Other things that are cool to put in museums: Guns, Skeletons, Big Skeletons, Machines, Swords, Big Axes, Stuffed Animals, Mummies, Tanks, Cars.
, the Cross of Coronado.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

sebzilla posted:

Old-timey sex toys

I believe this is the origin of the witch's broom :witch:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

making a play for a second reign?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Barry Foster posted:

making a play for a second reign?

That's exactly what I thought: IDS and Gove jockeying quietly for position.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Josef bugman posted:

Oh if it had been good and put in place somewhere cool it would have been fantastic. As is, it was super half arsed.

Sounds like you saw right through it :dadjoke:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
gave myself a lockdown haircut

it's a little bit patchy in places behind the ears/back of the neck but it's got rid of the annoying bits around my ears and the couple of bits at the front which have started getting in my face

all in all a pretty good effort for a first try

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

no museum in history is ever going to be "cool" so stop trying.

Science Museum in London is. Fight me.

:colbert:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Today I've managed to come across some people who seem to believe the government is actually inflating the number of people who have died from the rona which is just such an astounding reversal of reality I'm a bit dumbfounded.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There are some horrific pictures of DIY haircuts doing the rounds atm. I'm going to just use this as an excuse to grow mine long again and just tidy up the front ear bits - idk any hair terminology really

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I wouldn't do it under normal circumstances, but considering I'll be spending maybe 2 hours a week in public for the foreseeable future it's not really much of an issue

and, after all, hats exist

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

crispix posted:

There are some horrific pictures of DIY haircuts doing the rounds atm. I'm going to just use this as an excuse to grow mine long again and just tidy up the front ear bits - idk any hair terminology really

Currently I'm going for the full Dr Robert Chase, though currently it looks more like sleazy Harry Ellis from Die Hard.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Today I've managed to come across some people who seem to believe the government is actually inflating the number of people who have died from the rona which is just such an astounding reversal of reality I'm a bit dumbfounded.
In two months' time: "The UK population was never more than 40 million, actually"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at the replies to this

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1253022136677150727?s=20

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They're everywhere. Same people who think their friend's uncle had corona back in January so it's been around for ages, innit.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Totally going for the Robin Williams Jumanji look.
Not going to shave until lockdown is over.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looking forward to all the first time hair havers going through the stages of realising you shed worse than a cat and perpetually fishing spiders and small bits of debris out of your hair every time you go outside. Also having to be careful because beard hair looks a lot like pubes when it falls out and you look weird if you have them stuck to various things you own and parts of your person.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Thinking about shaving my head but I'll need to lose the weight I've gained during the lockdown so far, otherwise I'll just look like a chubby skinhead.

How long until the hairdressers reopen, do you think?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/BignessAsUsual/status/1253037231033417728

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/1878smigger/status/1253042054726328325

Genuinely feeling a bit better about the world that pesto is getting bodied in the comments.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
him and kuennsberg always get ratio'd to gently caress everyone hates them lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I didn't know pesto was one of those weirdos who defer their midlife crisis by dressing like a teenager.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/francesleach_/status/1253059275800412162?s=19

Lol

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Pesky Splinter posted:

"Chaos under Corbyn" is gonna be the Labour right's "Under the last Labour government" that the Tories use.

With about the same amount of self-reflection.

It is really important that the Brexit factor doesn't get forgotten, not only because it's true but because it's such a useful counterpoint to the Corbyn=Bad historical revision they're going to do.

Even if you're a dumb lib that thought second ref was a good idea at the time you should memory hole that, the narrative is factual and it's left wing programme + accepting the ref result = historic labour gain, left wing programme + undermining direct democracy = historic loss, do not let them ignore the brexit event to do their 'left wing programme always loses' spin.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

gone already lol

what was it?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

Thinking about shaving my head but I'll need to lose the weight I've gained during the lockdown so far, otherwise I'll just look like a chubby skinhead.

How long until the hairdressers reopen, do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WsjPIPxqY

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Good reply from Angela Rayner

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1253040958578601985?s=20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There is a programme on Channel 5 at 10 called, i poo poo yiz not, Gypsies On Benefits And Proud

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

crispix posted:

There is a programme on Channel 5 at 10 called, i poo poo yiz not, Gypsies On Benefits And Proud

jesus christ

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oodles posted:

Science Museum in London is. Fight me.

:colbert:

When i was in London I went on so many dates to the science museam, it owns.

Also took a girl to the Institute of Sexology exhibit at the Welcome Trust. We saw Sigmund Freud's cigar box. It's just a cigar box.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

gone already lol

what was it?

Former Corbyn staffer saying they once saw Peston force a barista to remake a cappuccino because he wanted to add the coco powder himself.

I believe it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

Former Corbyn staffer saying they once saw Peston force a barista to remake a cappuccino because he wanted to add the coco powder himself.

I believe it.

https://twitter.com/francesleach_/status/1253061721683525633?s=20

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

the guy’s in his 70s. why the gently caress is he out and about and not self isolating to work from home?

had to lecture my parents earlier about not pointlessly going out when the pharmacy will obviously deliver their repeat prescriptions. does every old oval office in this country actually just want to die?

Cerv fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 22, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because the magic mace doesn't work via telecoms.

Also I'm not sure he's the sort to let probable death stop him.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Didn't someone in the commons make a hilarious 'Corbyn Old and should self isolate' joke not long before boris caught the rovi and nearly died? And was that someone boris

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Cerv posted:

the guy’s in his 70s. why the gently caress is he out and about and not self isolating to work from home?

had to lecture my parents earlier about not pointlessly going out when the pharmacy will obviously deliver their repeat prescriptions. does every old oval office in this country actually just want to die?

Someone said this is an old photo (or in any case not recent). Apparently it's been posted before.

Ed: After going through to the official HOC photographer's twitter I think the people who have posted that comment are mistaken and it is from today.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 22, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

OwlFancier posted:

Because the magic mace doesn't work via telecoms.

Also I'm not sure he's the sort to let probable death stop him.

his faith in parliament dooming him is on point for jezza

miss him so bad just want him back

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Someone said this is an old photo (or in any case not recent). Apparently it's been posted before.

weird. then what’s with the no entry signs on the seats? I assumed that was a new thing for the 50 MPs in the hall limit they’ve got now for social distancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a british standard for transmitting monarchy over telecoms I wonder?