Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Mine got yanked in 2010, I lived off of Vicodin and slim fast shakes for a week.

I'll probably have to have another molar pulled as soon as the quarantine is lifted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not exactly enjoying this, but they did a good job being VA dental. All the wisdom teeth, two extra teeth I had (one side of my family are genetic monsters and all have extra teeth) and the root of the one I broke off when I drunkenly walked up the stairs after walking Frank, all in 90 minutes.

I wouldn't have minded being gassed, but an uncle (genetic monster) had his heart stop three times from while under anesthesia (and a great uncle that died from it), so it's safer to stay awake. Never going to forget that appropriate nightmare.

No appointment for fakes to put in yet so I look very southern now.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I got an iv when I had mine pulled. Both bottom ones were near the nerves that run along the jaw

Dealt with the minor pain with Tylenol or Motrin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, excedrin is holding the line of tolerable. May be time to find one of my big baby rattle bottles of ibuprofen and eat an 800mg.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve become a huge wimp when it comes to pain, stuff I could just aspirin or Motrin away in the past seems to just kick my rear end now.

Color me impressed that you don’t need Vicodin or Percocet or something to get through that. I have to take a handful of klonopin before dental cleaning because that poo poo is loving terrifying to me for some reason.

Maybe not a handful, but at least 2.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ded posted:

800mg of motrin (4 200mg pills) worked better than the Vicodin they gave me when I had mine out before I went in.

After I saw how they did wisdom removals in boot I was glad I did it before.

Same for me, but they gave me the 800mg single pills. Vicodin did nothing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I did my wisdom teeth at 36 and the roots were massive. I should have let the Navy take them in boot camp. I was two weeks SIQ because they had to cut so far into my lower jaw to get the roots out. I cycled through Ibuprofen and acetaminophen during that time but it was certainly painful.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I was born without wisdom teeth, but now that I had a vasectomy I can't pass my superior genes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No one has wisdom teeth when they're born. They grow in like annoying little monuments to pain.

Second excedrin kicked in, I honestly don't feel much pain anymore.

Never gonna forget the noise of the top wisdom teeth coming out. Worst one was the busted front tooth though, took forever for that fucker to wiggle free.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 22, 2020

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No one has wisdom teeth when they're born. They grow in like annoying little monuments to pain.

Second excedrin kicked in, I honestly don't feel much pain anymore.

Never gonna forget the noise of the top wisdom teeth coming out. Worst one was the busted front tooth though, took forever for that fucker to wiggle free.

I know, I don't have them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wisdom teeth honestly didn't bother me as much as I thought. They ripped all 4 out in boot camp with me awake, and other than the trauma of being awake and hearing them break your teeth off and then go fishing for the root, I didn't have a bad time tbh. They gave me like 4 days worth of painkillers to alternate with Motrin, so I had 8 vicodin tablets (I think they were vicodin, I have no honest clue because I can't remember, might have been straight hydrocodone) to take one every 6 hours and 800 mg motrin to take between the hydrocodone tablets.

Didn't get dry sockets, or black eyes, which I hear can be a side effect if they gently caress up, and the whole thing was remarkably ok.

I do remember that being unable to be hosed with while on SIQ for tooth extraction in boot camp was fun, watching the drill instructor gently caress up recruits who didn't get teeth yanked while sitting in your bunk was pretty entertaining.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 22, 2020

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Yeah the only thing I took after my wisdom teeth removal was Motrin. Never touched my percoset. I only had to teeth removed though, so individual experience may vary. :shrug:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The best thing I ever did was go to the rich people's dentist.

Holy poo poo root canal felt like a filling, and only any 20 minutes longer.

My dentist is a loving artist. 3D molded ceramic crowns and poo poo that doesn't leave seams.

And insurance can cover a bit if you can talk it out with the office.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
When I got two wisdom teeth out (three came in fine, one was practically sideways) was the time I learned that opioid painkillers give me immediate severe nausea.

Projectile vomiting immediately after having the teeth out made for one of the most miserable, painful days of my teenage years. Well, physically miserable and painful.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When I got my wisdom teeth out it was a reminder that I should never do hard drugs because I really, really enjoyed the gas and would stay that way if I could. I vaguely remember hanging my head out of my mom’s car window singing I Got The Power with a mouth full of blood and gauze.

E: now that I think of it, this was my first experience with anything other than weed so maybe that’s what kicked off my love affair with benzos.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 22, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wasabi the J posted:

The best thing I ever did was go to the rich people's dentist.

Holy poo poo root canal felt like a filling, and only any 20 minutes longer.

My dentist is a loving artist. 3D molded ceramic crowns and poo poo that doesn't leave seams.

And insurance can cover a bit if you can talk it out with the office.

I haven’t had dental coverage since I was in the military. I had my teeth cleaned once last year out of pocket and thankfully nothing wrong with them at the time.

I haven’t had dental insurance because no job I’ve had offers it and any private dental insurance has a one year hold before they’ll pay for anything at all besides a cleaning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahhh, just a mild ache this morning. Like a one excedrin kind of morning.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ahhh, just a mild ache this morning. Like a one excedrin kind of morning.

Glad you are in less pain. I empathize with your situation.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

My car keys kind of disintegrated after 8 years. Honda can go gently caress itself with its $200 proprietary bullshit, and I needed a quarantine project anyway. Gathered up some red oak scraps I had laying around, and managed to kill most of 2 days.

It's definitely not perfect, but is a hell of a lot better than trying to hold the transmitter close enough while turning a little nub of a metal key shaft. I kind of want to do the other one as an out the front spring loaded deal, but I've got to find some tiny springs and screws, first.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

That's phenomenal. Presuming you just repurposed the screws from the old case?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Suntan Boy posted:

My car keys kind of disintegrated after 8 years. Honda can go gently caress itself with its $200 proprietary bullshit, and I needed a quarantine project anyway. Gathered up some red oak scraps I had laying around, and managed to kill most of 2 days.

It's definitely not perfect, but is a hell of a lot better than trying to hold the transmitter close enough while turning a little nub of a metal key shaft. I kind of want to do the other one as an out the front spring loaded deal, but I've got to find some tiny springs and screws, first.

Do you uh.... Take orders?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Suntan Boy posted:

That's pretty loving rad dude.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Suntan Boy posted:

Hey if you do commissions I'd love to do my key in cherry or walnut.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That's phenomenal. Presuming you just repurposed the screws from the old case?

Nah, those are ones I had laying around. The original case only had one sad undersized screw holding everything together.

Wasabi the J posted:

Do you uh.... Take orders?

BigDave posted:

Hey if you do commissions I'd love to do my key in cherry or walnut.

Sure, why not? Anybody that's cool with a stranger from the internet having your car key and address, hit me up via PM, we'll figure out the details.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think it would be wise to send you a blank amazon replacement so you had something to really gently caress up with.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I think it would be wise to send you a blank amazon replacement so you had something to really gently caress up with.

Fair point. The thought had occurred to me, but I didn't want to put people off by asking them to spend even more money.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Every time I start up Sunshine, I get real surprised by how goddamn good the movie looks in UHD, how amazing the cinematography is early on, how well the suspense is handled, and all that.

But there is one single loving scene I anticipate every single time I watch this movie again, and just anticipating that scene gets me so loving excited.

You know the goddamn scene.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

uhd is rad

i need to grab 1917 when i go to the store next for it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Every time I start up Sunshine, I get real surprised by how goddamn good the movie looks in UHD, how amazing the cinematography is early on, how well the suspense is handled, and all that.

But there is one single loving scene I anticipate every single time I watch this movie again, and just anticipating that scene gets me so loving excited.

What do you see? In the scene, I mean.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
My 6y/o Labrador was on the last bit of 2 weeks no roughhousing / no walkies due to what the vet thought was a sprain. Unsupervised for 10 minutes,she decided to play hard in the garden yesterday with our other dog and managed to completely tear/rupture it.

Doggo had a sedated X-ray today confirming the lovely news- next step is a surgery consult for what will surely be the low-middle 4 figures, plus 12 weeks recovery :smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

WHY ISN'T HE MOVING

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sunshine was me and my buddy's go to movie to watch while high when we were in college. 90% of the time we had new people over and started watching a movie it was Sunshine.

Between the visual effects and soundtrack it's just an awesome movie to chill out to and smoke weed with your friends.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253443580087218177

This is in the news today, and I know we have a lot of Civil War history buffs in here, were there any significant engagements between the United States Marines and Confederate forces? Events where the slavers got totally wrecked by jarheads preferred.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

US Berder Patrol posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253443580087218177

This is in the news today, and I know we have a lot of Civil War history buffs in here, were there any significant engagements between the United States Marines and Confederate forces? Events where the slavers got totally wrecked by jarheads preferred.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2018/12/19/the-marine-corps-in-the-civil-war/

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

lol yikes

Nevermind, sorry I asked

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

US Berder Patrol posted:

lol yikes

Nevermind, sorry I asked

put together a motley assemblage of troops—anyone he could grab, including recruiters, transients, and the walking wounded

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

put together a motley assemblage of troops—anyone he could grab, including recruiters, transients, and the walking wounded
So GiP

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
hey hey

i'm only walking wounded if it's humid out

so you know

march to november

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Any of you guys need some washable cloth masks? PM and if money is tight just tell me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Any of you guys need some washable cloth masks? PM and if money is tight just tell me.

Totally would have taken you up on this earlier this week. Holly bloops turned me on to Turtle Fur and that got here in 3 or 4 days.