Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oxyclean posted:

Why is it a whole month?

I guess it's going to be fairly un-intrusive, but still.

I'm alright with it! Just a few days ago I glanced at "visit Harv" while at the airport, and had a brief thought of how I'd probably never visit him again (no amiibo.) Plus, I get to see Reese and Cyrus again :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Alright we're going to try this again:

Dodo Code - B4R01

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

Opening my island for a while this morning.

It’s Phobe’s birthday so come and give her something if you want I guess.

Our nook store is open if you need to sell some stuff. Able’s have some neat clothes too!

We have some extra items and recipes if you want to take them as well!

We are building an incline too if you want to contribute anything, but otherwise just come and chill!

Dodo Code - B4R01

Sahara is also in town if you wanna give rugs a go

ARMBAR A COP fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 22, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

They are enforcing goon authorization to prove you're a goon, for a game made for children. Not because of any actual griefing, but because they were afraid griefing might eventually happen.

I mean, apparently people have gotten griefed in this thread after posting their codes/exchange links, or the fact apparently this thread is public so it's pretty easy for other people to jump into queues. If the server is totally public, it doesn't do much good if people want to try to limit their towns to just goons?

enojy posted:

I'm alright with it! Just a few days ago I glanced at "visit Harv" while at the airport, and had a brief thought of how I'd probably never visit him again (no amiibo.) Plus, I get to see Reese and Cyrus again :shobon:
I mean, it might be interesting, but at face value it sounds a bit light for something that's gonna be a month long.

I'm mostly just grumpy that Cherry Blossom season got 10 days.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Waffle! posted:

The red tulips I planted early on in the game decided to randomly spawn a black one! Meanwhile my red and white hyacinths haven't done poo poo.

Two red tulips adjacent to each other will spawn black.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Unknownmass posted:

I would be happy to join.

Okay, here's the code for you. BVMKL

Open to any that need, I'll keep it open for a bit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean if its legit the old auth bot no one should be using it did you all miss everything that happened with it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KittyEmpress posted:

They are enforcing goon authorization to prove you're a goon, for a game made for children. Not because of any actual griefing, but because they were afraid griefing might eventually happen.

By using a CHUD bot.

People were getting griefed, dude. Lots of folks reported having their poo poo stolen, or their flowers picked clean, or people jumping the queues due to sharing the Dodo Code from Turnip Exchange or the Lloid bot, etc.

The decision to require authorization was not one made lightly. All it takes is typing one command at this bot, and then giving it your SA name. That's it. After that you never have to interact with it again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean having an auth thing is one thing but is it a new bot someone made for it? or is it using the old GDN stuff? cos if its the latter theyre extremely right to be saying not to use it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
oh wow doesn't everybody know that this thing is bad and shouldn't be used, surely we all know what happened

*makes 50 references to "common knowledge" but never explains it*

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Stux posted:

i mean if its legit the old auth bot no one should be using it did you all miss everything that happened with it
I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't know why you'd expect me to

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
My gates are open. Boring rear end Boofland with no cranny available if anyone wants to visit.

8QKQ5

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Stux posted:

i mean having an auth thing is one thing but is it a new bot someone made for it? or is it using the old GDN stuff? cos if its the latter theyre extremely right to be saying not to use it

I don't see what they can "doxx" from using this bot. All it does is verify that you have an account.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Is the T-rex skull actually rare or am I just unlucky that I can't find one?

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

bumble posted:

It's not the craziest price I've ever seen, but turnips are going for 415 on my island.

https://turnip.exchange/island/b5c41494

Thanks! I didn't want to stay and dick around but from what I saw your island is beautiful!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the GDN auth bot was compromised and leaked all channels it was connected to to a bunch of weirdo nazis which lead to party plane jones going "undercover" as a nazi and then getting permabanned because they were just palling around with a bunch of nazis and no one should use that bot or any based on that code base. we had to purge it out of other channels. if its a new bot someone else has made then whatever.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

IronicDongz posted:

the difference between their faces is weirding me out a bit here

Reese looks adorable and Cyrus still looks like a dope.

I love it tbh.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Seiyal posted:

Thank you for this. Hopefully it’s ok to make a few trips. Will leave a nice tip at the end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey who wants to get mad about things and post in circles for awhile? The Japanese AC community conducted a fan poll of their favorite villagers and the results have come in! Check out this tier list and find out that your favorite isn't top tier!

https://twitter.com/tanukichisoku/status/1252921583191994371?s=20

Unless you like Raymond, Ankha, Marshall, or grandma Audie then otherwise you're good.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

badjohny posted:

Thank you for this. Hopefully it’s ok to make a few trips. Will leave a nice tip at the end.

It's all good. My island's not super interesting or built up but I'm happy to host people for a bit!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Stux posted:

the GDN auth bot was compromised and leaked all channels it was connected to to a bunch of weirdo nazis which lead to party plane jones going "undercover" as a nazi and then getting permabanned because they were just palling around with a bunch of nazis and no one should use that bot or any based on that code base. we had to purge it out of other channels. if its a new bot someone else has made then whatever.

I understand none of what you just said, but to continue my thought, my personal information isn't tied to my SA account or my Discord account. The most personal information I have here is people in this thread know my real first name, which big whoop. Nothing from what I've seen of this bot would have any way to get any real personal information that I can tell.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Keepin' it real, Benjamin! F RANK 😎🚬

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Policenaut posted:

Hey who wants to get mad about things and post in circles for awhile? The Japanese AC community conducted a fan poll of their favorite villagers and the results have come in! Check out this tier list and find out that your favorite isn't top tier!

Unless you like Raymond, Ankha, Marshall, or grandma Audie then otherwise you're good.
Tearing off my shirt to go in on all these bad opinions.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

the difference between their faces is weirding me out a bit here

He has a Jony Ive smile, but he's still smiling

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

Why is Kyle so high?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

LastGoodBoy posted:

I understand none of what you just said, but to continue my thought, my personal information isn't tied to my SA account or my Discord account. The most personal information I have here is people in this thread know my real first name, which big whoop. Nothing from what I've seen of this bot would have any way to get any real personal information that I can tell.

Basically the bot kept logs of every channel it was in. So if you mentioned your name or whatever in X channel among goon friends, it got compromised and a bunch of chuds got every log and could go through it for anything posted every.

Edit: also that tier list is crazy. Why is everyone so drat horny for the cat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LastGoodBoy posted:

if its the old one then beyond anything else it wont even make ur dodo codes private because it leaks every message sent to every channel of every discord its active in. if its really the old bot it shouldnt be used. if it isnt then no worries.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007

Seiyal posted:

Thank you, left you something behind nook's.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Reek posted:

Is the T-rex skull actually rare or am I just unlucky that I can't find one?

My bathroom T-rex skull conferred with my pathway-in-front-of-house T-rex skull and they agreed you are probably just unlucky.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Kid Cat is B tier according to that and while he should absolutely be S tier, B tier is good enough that I can't get upset. In fact I'm actually pleasantly surprised he even got that high.

Got my Neon Tetra today! So the only April fish I have left is the barreleye. Managed to snag a snail today too since it was raining on my island, so that's another one off the bug list.

And I just now found out there's miles/title stuff for catching five wasps in a row. Neat.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Pietro's placement in A confused me until I remember Japan's unhealthy lack of hatred for clowns.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh, my island has Marshall and then 9 Rock Bottom or F-Tier residents

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is Kyle so high?

I honestly wish I could tell you why! I have Kyle, his amiibo card even, and I love him but I didn't expect him to chart so high. I guess people really love a German shepard biker who wants to be an actor.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Eunice in E-Tier is egregious, she is my fav villager and she calls me lambchop and I love her.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Seiyal posted:

It's all good. My island's not super interesting or built up but I'm happy to host people for a bit!

Island crash?

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Unknownmass posted:

Thank you, left you something behind nook's.

Thank you kindly! I had quite a few people show up but either someone left via the — button or it crashed. Did everyone get their turnips sold okay as I can reopen if needed.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Policenaut posted:

Ha, I already got one bottom-tier villager via amiibo because she's one of my wife's favorites (Truffles), and there are two other bottom tier villagers (Cobb, Timbra) that I like enough that I was thinking about kicking out another villager for. Legit surprised those two are bottom tier. I'd already have invited Cobb if I didn't already have two pig villagers, and Timbra's not as cool as Frita, but a pine cone sheep is still pretty neat.

Also does that mean Limburg is the absolute bottom of the barrel? He was my first cranky villager in GC Animal Crossing, and I wouldn't mind having him again.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kid Cat is B tier according to that and while he should absolutely be S tier, B tier is good enough that I can't get upset. In fact I'm actually pleasantly surprised he even got that high.

Kid Cat would be in my personal bottom tier, along with the rest of the helmet squad. Except maaaybe Agent S.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i have both anhka and zucker as well as fauna awooo

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Seiyal posted:

Thank you kindly! I had quite a few people show up but either someone left via the — button or it crashed. Did everyone get their turnips sold okay as I can reopen if needed.

I could use it if you don’t mind. I have a few trips worth to sell.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 22, 2020

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why can't I make diagonal paths in this, the year of our lord 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello all, if we could not get so heated about discord bots. Games is not behind a paywall so anyone can read this thread and grab codes and be a pain. I get using a bot for verification, I do similar for some other multiplayer games - it makes sense.

Also the GDN bot stuff reported on is true so I also cannot fault anyone for being wary. Basically I just want the thread to enjoy itself and for goons to have fun playing together. Another step can be a pain, but in the long run I think it will help. However if you do not trust it, you do not have to join in. It is not mandatory.

Thank you all!