Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The ending of Crisis Core but its Sephiroths piloting helicopters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo that’s right! I remember the scene now where he specifically asks Hojo what his number was and Hojo just pisses all over him.
Duh.

Still, the new tattoo location on the robed guys seems preeeeetty suspicious to me.

And speaking of Hojo, I had to look up his VA since that guy absolutely killed it, and it s apparently the guy who voiced Jackie Chan on Jackie Chan Adventures

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

To be fair have you seen their interpretation of Cloud? It was...uh not good.

5 years makes a hell of a difference. I get that CC2's models were probably far from finalized and the lighting was not even close but I can imagine seeing the stuff on the left being shown to the public and one of the original dev team seeing it and being offended it wasn't getting the reverence they thought it deserved.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 23, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

In the original he explicitly had no number as he was deemed a failure.

Or, I think the later revealed explanation was because he and Zack escaped before they could be tattooed.

Cloud and Zack were never tattooed because both of them were labelled failures(Cloud because he got Mako poisoning and became a vegetable for a while and Zack because the Jenova cells just didn't have any effect on him).

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

5 years makes a hell of a difference. I get that CC2's models were probably far from finalized and the lighting was not even close but I can imagine seeing the stuff on the left being shown to the public and one of the original dev team seeing it and being offended it wasn't getting the reverence they thought it deserved.

Cloud's arms are literally nightmarish in motion. Too much dehydrated defined veiny muscle on very thin arms. Also the model had very sunken eyes. It's like somebody said earlier: he really does look like a dude who just got dragged out of a test tube and just woke up from a mako poisoning coma.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think it was rude of Tetsuya Nomura to steal Cloud's shoulders and give them to Barret

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Cloud's arms are literally nightmarish in motion. Too much dehydrated defined veiny muscle on very thin arms. Also the model had very sunken eyes. It's like somebody said earlier: he really does look like a dude who just got dragged out of a test tube and just woke up from a mako poisoning coma.

I see what you mean
It kinda looks like they used modern day Iggy Pop's body as a reference

There's also this one from the 2015 pre-rendered trailer that looks like another model altogether, at least in the face

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 23, 2020

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

I see what you mean
It kinda looks like they used modern day Iggy Pop's body as a reference

I saw Iggy Pop live a few years ago, and he was (naturally) shirtless for most of the set. That man is just a millimeter of skin stretched over 99.9% lean muscle. Dude had the energy of a 25 year old though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:lol: Barret looks like he's from a PS2 game

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

:lol: Barret looks like he's from a PS2 game

The fringe texture on his cutoff sleeve is some serious 2003 aesthetic.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I honestly did not remember how any of the Sephiroth clone stuff worked until literally after the Jenova fight lol

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

HD DAD posted:

I saw Iggy Pop live a few years ago, and he was (naturally) shirtless for most of the set. That man is just a millimeter of skin stretched over 99.9% lean muscle. Dude had the energy of a 25 year old though.

Every time a rock musician dies, Iggy collects their unused lifeforce like that one Jet Li movie.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also does anyone have that gif of Cloud and Barret ineffectually banging on that door because that scene loving killed me when I saw it in-game

e:nm I made my own
https://i.imgur.com/bfIt6ZS.mp4

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 23, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Flopsy posted:

Other than the hair, I actually think the old model looked better, for this very reason.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
why do you people post like you have been regarding final fantasy and kingdom hearts

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bleck posted:

Other than the hair, I actually think the old model looked better, for this very reason.

He looks like he needs ten consecutive steak dinners and a week long nap before he can fill out a dress well enough to pull it off at wall market. Unless Don Corneo's got a very specific feral back alley addict fetish.

Cloud: *Is covered in a fine sheen of sweat, eyes are darting everywhere, grunts and twitches occasionally*

Don Corneo: She's a goddess!

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 23, 2020

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Flopsy posted:

He looks like he needs ten consecutive steak dinners and a week long nap before he can fill out a dress well enough to pull it off at wall market. Unless Don Corneo's got a very specific feral back alley addict fetish.

Cloud: *Is covered in a fine sheen of sweat, eyes are darting everywhere, grunts and twitches occasionally*

Don Corneo: She's a goddess!

No kink shaming.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gibbering posted:

No kink shaming.

KINK SHAMING IS MY KINK

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Flopsy posted:

KINK SHAMING IS MY KINK

:aaaaa:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I read somewhere that Cloud should look like the worlds most unhealthy super soldier and I can dig that. I understand why Square flinched though, no amont of squabbling over the ending could compare to the salt from Cloud not being properly bish.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Y'know, after seeing that disarm move Corneo pulls on Leslie, I want to have a full-on Yakuza boss fight with him in the next game, complete with shirt ripping back tattoo reveal.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Doomhammer posted:

Y'know, after seeing that disarm move Corneo pulls on Leslie, I want to have a full-on Yakuza boss fight with him in the next game, complete with shirt ripping back tattoo reveal.

They should hire you as a writer for the next game. Dead serious. This would rule especially if the music builds up to a crescendo right before he does it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Also does anyone have that gif of Cloud and Barret ineffectually banging on that door because that scene loving killed me when I saw it in-game

Haha yes! I love how they're absolutely half-arsing it too. My favourite two lines in the game are probably "this is ridiculous!" coming from Tifa and Aerith. It's delivered beautifully and says exactly what the player is thinking.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lessail posted:

why do you people post like you have been regarding final fantasy and kingdom hearts

none of us know why we post anything

least of all me

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I haven’t played anything KH related since like...the first third of the first game in 2003. I feel I stopped at an appropriate time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

KH2 was a lot of fun, gameplay-wise, but all I remember from the story is that Axel was a dude, someone ate sea salt ice cream, and I think you cut some buildings in half at some point

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

JBP posted:

Haha yes! I love how they're absolutely half-arsing it too. My favourite two lines in the game are probably "this is ridiculous!" coming from Tifa and Aerith. It's delivered beautifully and says exactly what the player is thinking.

Mine are

"Keep those gloves up."
"Sure thing, coach."

and

"Nailed it, I know. Moving on"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mine are

"Keep those gloves up."
"Sure thing, coach."

and

"Nailed it, I know. Moving on"

Yeah I love those lines. There are too many. "Now I'm really mad!" made me smile a lot. Everything Barret says on motivational speaker mode is gold.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also I remember the secret ending from KH1 that was teasing KH2 blew my mind at the time. I was so hyped just because this weird stupid Disney/Final Fantasy crossover looked like it was going to get dark and cool (y'know, those things teenage boy anime fans think are what makes a story good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyf571ybJxk

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The aesthetic of KH is offputting in the same way stepping into a Hot Topic is offputting after middle school
it feels dated and I don't think even Nomura stills feels it 100% anymore

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I feel like the worst part of any fight is the segment where Leviathan is just flying around.

Why is it that with any other high flying thing I can have Tifa jump up and punch it's poo poo in but here that's just too much to ask for.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love kingdom hearts

thank you for making this

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That picture is one of the perfect encapsulations of why I don't give a poo poo about anything bad people have to say about this game. The people who made that are going to make another video game, and that is rad. That is the only thing that matters.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Kingdom Hearts has an absolutely atrocious plot past the first games but the combat in 3 is pretty excellent and the new bonuses bosses from the DLC are some of the best designed bosses in any sort of action game out there.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The Doomhammer posted:

The Wutai section can just be a mini-Yakuza game. Yuffie’s dad is Kiryu now, don’t ask questions.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zaa Boogie posted:

I feel like the worst part of any fight is the segment where Leviathan is just flying around.

Why is it that with any other high flying thing I can have Tifa jump up and punch it's poo poo in but here that's just too much to ask for.

I continuously felt like there was something I was missing in this part but I never figured it out so I just ran around needling it as Barret for five to ten minutes

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The aesthetic of KH is offputting in the same way stepping into a Hot Topic is offputting after middle school
it feels dated and I don't think even Nomura stills feels it 100% anymore

The original characters for the series were created to be hybrids of Disney and FF design. It's why their proportions are all....odd but their faces are super anime. Also...um...correct me if I'm off about this but do Riku/Sora/Kairi's parents ever come into the picture? Because....that always struck me as really strange they're never shown or mentioned in any capacity. Like Sora was just plain raised by Donald and Goofy into adulthood...

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Bleck posted:

I continuously felt like there was something I was missing in this part but I never figured it out so I just ran around needling it as Barret for five to ten minutes

That's basically how I feel. Every other single fight I feel like I can handle and makes sense. Hell, Leviathan itself is fine until this point and it'd be mitigated a lot if Cloud and Tifa would just jump up even if air combat isn't that good. I honestly feel like it's a bug with how much it doesn't make sense.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Generally flying enemies were the worst to fight. Like, in theory aero counters them, but aero is super slow to go off (and it gets worse with the stronger versions) and most flying enemies are constantly moving, so mostly it just whiffed unless you used it while they stopped for an ability, and even then, eh.

Seems like aero should have had the brief hit stun that blizzard generally causes, though that doesn't work on significant enemies. And fire just felt like it always hit but didn't have the increased mp cost of thunder.

It also hurts that none of Tifa or Cloud's weapon abilities can hit air - they jump up for Braver and Dive Kick but not even close to high enough. Cloud even has a ranged one but I'm pretty sure it's ground only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Most air enemies aren't just weak to air. You'll lay lots of pain on those flying human dickheads with fire and robots always hate lightning. On normal it can pay to throw a gravity orb if you don't have Barret or Aerith for AA duty. Barret's triangle brings them down fast.