Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jay_Zombie posted:

I should check this thread more often. I was actually home at a somewhat decent time last night. :(

I'm pretty much down whenever depending on my mood. It's pretty fun although everyone knows that I get a little tense and freaked out during survivor mode. I wish I had xanax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm pretty much down whenever depending on my mood. It's pretty fun although everyone knows that I get a little tense and freaked out during survivor mode. I wish I had xanax.

I was thinking about getting some Xanax for my girl. What's it like and what are your biggest gripes with it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wasn't on xanax but was on klonopin for a year or two. I really liked it. It got me out of my house and I didn't have any problems being around others and running chores and stuff. Maybe I was a bit more vocal about stuff since I didn't care as much but my meds now seem to be doing that too. I run my mouth when I probably shouldn't. Or at least I do in my head.

Xanax, as far as I know, is just more hardcore klonopin but shorter acting. Also don't get addicted to it and suddenly quit. Benzos and alcohol are the only thing that will kill you with withdrawals. People think heroin and painkillers do but that's not true.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wasn't on xanax but was on klonopin for a year or two. I really liked it. It got me out of my house and I didn't have any problems being around others and running chores and stuff. Maybe I was a bit more vocal about stuff since I didn't care as much but my meds now seem to be doing that too. I run my mouth when I probably shouldn't. Or at least I do in my head.

Xanax, as far as I know, is just more hardcore klonopin but shorter acting. Also don't get addicted to it and suddenly quit. Benzos and alcohol are the only thing that will kill you with withdrawals. People think heroin and painkillers do but that's not true.

Good to know, buddy. She has been suffering from excessive anxiety for a while.

Her kid is a tried and true rear end in a top hat so it might take the edge off.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Anyone interested in playing in an hour 45?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
I was still working but I'm free now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just remembered how in fifth grade my friend Cody brought in the trade paperback edition of the Aliens vs. Predator comic to school with him. Most of the boys in that class ended up reading it over the next month or so whenever we could get our hands on it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/heycarlosrossi/status/1251223223754080257?s=19

Edit: and...
https://twitter.com/vashikoo/status/1250299249486483456?s=19

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 17, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I should have more time for games since I got laid off on Wednesday.

If nothing else it’ll give me more free time to think about Aliens.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xenomrph posted:

Good positive outlook on a lovely situation !

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Stay frosty Xeno.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Sorry to hear that, friendo. I was just thinkin about thos aleins again tonight, so hit up that discord.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

mllaneza posted:

Good positive outlook on a lovely situation !

Looks like he found a way to get out of that chicken poo poo outfit

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sorry Xeno. If your work stress level declines you can join us in the game and increase your stress levels immensely!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

It's not game over, man.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xenomrph posted:

That sucks, and I really need to set up some kind of notification or something for this thread.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenomrph posted:

You got Hollywood actors to be in your Let's Play. You deserve some rest

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Every meal is ramen
Every paycheck unemployment
Every Netflix doc an Oscar Winner
I LOVE THE QUARANTINE

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"Somebody said 'Quarantine,' Frost heard 'Quarren Teen' and signed up."

"Hey it don't matter when it's squid person pussy!"

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Get at least 6 feet away from her you bitch!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

I'm Burke. Carter Burke. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy. I'm glad to see you're feeling a little better. They, uh, they tell me that all the weakness and disorientation should pass soon. It's just natural side effects of such an unusually long quarantine, or something like that.

What do you mean? How long was I in quarantine?

Has no one discussed this with you yet?

No. But, I mean, I don't... recognize this place.

No, I know. Uh, okay, it's just that, uh, this might be a shock to you. It's long...

*How* long? Please.

Fifty-seven years.

What?

That's the thing. You were in quarantine for fifty-seven years. What happened was, you had drifted right through the core systems, and it's really just blind luck that a deep salvage team found you when they did. It's one in a thousand, really. I think you're drat lucky to be alive, kiddo. You could have been socially distanced forever.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:hmmyes:

I'm liking all of these.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone know how the pulse rifle sound was developed? I can't find an answer via google.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does anyone know how the pulse rifle sound was developed? I can't find an answer via google.

Shooting a pulse rifle next to a microphone. Duh.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Remember the Feminist take on Alien:

Nobody listens to the smart woman so they all die.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mllaneza posted:

Haha stupid fuckin feminazis, amirite?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

IIRC, Cameron noticed that most blanks have varied pressure so as to produce very animated muzzle flashes, but produce an weird audio effect as the pitch up and down. What he did was just record that audio instead of hiding it in post.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The crew of the Independent cargo freighter USCSS Germaine Krull made it away from a game preserve planet of stalking alien trophy hunters without losing any of its crew. They didn't save anyone imperiled there ,aside from one junior Weyland Yutani executive, or score any salvage or treasure, but sometimes coming out with your skin intact is a win.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really jealous of your campaign, dude. I've been trying to get my friends to do Alien but we settled on CoC again

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

The crew of the Independent cargo freighter USCSS Germaine Krull made it away from a game preserve planet of stalking alien trophy hunters without losing any of its crew. They didn't save anyone imperiled there ,aside from one junior Weyland Yutani executive, or score any salvage or treasure, but sometimes coming out with your skin intact is a win.

I actually listened to the whole thing! Sounds like a fun rpg.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Phi230 posted:

I'm really jealous of your campaign, dude. I've been trying to get my friends to do Alien but we settled on CoC again

CoC is about the only system where if the GM wants to drop in Xenomorphs, the players can't say poo poo because there's worse on the menu.

You wanted to run Alien, you run Alien. Tommy guns and bundles of dynamite are a perfectly reasonable response to a Xeno infestation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

MrMojok posted:

I actually listened to the whole thing! Sounds like a fun rpg.

I'll put up part 2 just for you then. <3

I need to do some editing, I opened some inopportune windows during that sesh.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
This is Rumor Control, here are the facts. I always treated the Acheron Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from Acheron - against the wishes of almost all. I’d love to have the colony opened up and just raring to go by Easter.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'll put up part 2 just for you then. <3

I need to do some editing, I opened some inopportune windows during that sesh.

Sweet! My favorite player was the one who really adopted the jaded space trucker attitude: "Lady, I dunno poo poo about poo poo."

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

mllaneza posted:

Aliens (1979): A cat avoids trouble on a spaceship.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A college friend of mine started up a small boutique action figure company, and from there sprung other companies. Said other company just released their "Bug Hunt" figure.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Happy Alien Day, you BITCH!!!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Happy Alien Day, the game Alien: Blackout is free on the Google Play store and Apple App Store today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:siren:ALIEN ISOLATION IS 2 DOLLARS ON STEAM:siren: