Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Remember a couple of weeks back when the UK and US modeling for deaths was revised down to 20k and 60k respectively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
hon hon honn oui it is i ghost pirate le cuc

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What the gently caress Dr. Manhatten. Stop bowing and cure everyone.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1253017343590105088

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

spaceblancmange posted:

Remember a couple of weeks back when the UK and US modeling for deaths was revised down to 20k and 60k respectively?

We're at almost 50k deaths in the US, so I guess we're almost at the end of this!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

spaceblancmange posted:

lol their most recent model from way back on 4/16 is already off by a 9/11 and a half

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wisconsin just reported the largest jump in cases today in two weeks.

Republicans are challenging the Governor's stay at home order in court.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"It's not that bad, it's just the flu bro"

- dummies, in reference to the first known virus that juggalos have avoided

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

probably fine

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

oops! all clots

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Nitrousoxide posted:

What the gently caress Dr. Manhatten. Stop bowing and cure everyone.

a very good point made in the new watchman, the loving prick

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it

just

keeps

getting

worse

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmao my wife's on a med that increases risk of clots lmao weeee

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

quick what is the best over the counter anticoagulant

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

yah from wapo too https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/22/coronavirus-blood-clots/

lungs &brains fulla clots for the chosen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

vampire bat spit

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

eighty-four merc posted:

so is the hypothesis in the french pre-print justifying nicotine patch trials as coherent and unified an explanation of COVID-19 as it seems to my dumb lay brain?

aside from it being (yet another) promising retrospective study of smoking among COVID-19 hospitalizations, I feel like it offers an explanation for everything we've been seeing otherwise?

I'm like completely unequipped to evaluate it lol. it's all Greek to me

at the very least, am I off base in thinking that the retrospective studies suggest such a significant effect that we should have an answer relatively quickly one way or the other?

idk I'm probably getting my hopes up, but drat it's so funny if it's real

Yeah, don't read into it too much until they complete a study. Right now they're not even sure why it works, if it does; everyone is just frantically spitballing. There are other possible explanations for this data.

Does it seem interesting? Yes. Promising? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Hilarious if true? Absolutely

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
when do days end and when do they begin

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

just a stroke bro

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
didnt that actor lose a leg from clotting when he got sick and everyone was like wtf?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

I’m the 40 year old young adult

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Rodenticide
Seriously, but not seriously..like don't eat rat poison

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

ive been on a pure vodka and cigarette diet thanks to cspam and i havent got the roni yet

animist
Aug 28, 2018

juggalos are the modern class with the most revolutionary potential you can't change my mind

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Nice and hot piss posted:

Rodenticide

gently caress yeah, time to get boomers off the fish tank cleaner drip and onto the rat poison.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

rat poison

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nice and hot piss posted:

Rodenticide
nice, trump is gonna promote it next briefing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

its the thrombolytic effect

no one has figured this out yet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

aspirin :science:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Relevant Tangent posted:

you shouldn't have brought your dog to the grocery store

So two separate outings then? Dumbass.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it

just

keeps

getting

worse

lol again not really, impaired lung function spikes your chance for heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism and on and on and on. like you can lose fingers toes limbs, anything in your body that needs oxygen will suffer. once your blood oxygen gets low your body is hosed. your heart and lungs have to work harder and you need more oxygen from that and every hour your lungs put less and less oxygen in your blood. it’s a positive feedback loop till your immune system can get things under control

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the virus looks like a pizza

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sounds like being in a study is a major risk factor!!

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

twoday posted:

Yeah, don't read into it too much until they complete a study. Right now they're not even sure why it works, if it does; everyone is just frantically spitballing. There are other possible explanations for this data.

Does it seem interesting? Yes. Promising? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Hilarious if true? Absolutely

my money is on survivorship bias that smokers who aren’t dead from related smoking diseases are genetically predisposed to better immune response

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I just had a sudden stroke if you know what I mean :smuggo:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I loving hate this virus.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

703 posted:

So these soft openings by states (lol Colorado wtf) are because they don't want to / can't afford to pay unemployment for this many people for any extended period of time, right

they can
they dont want to

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Farm Frenzy posted:

the virus looks like a pizza

roni and chease

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

eighty-four merc posted:

so is the hypothesis in the french pre-print justifying nicotine patch trials as coherent and unified an explanation of COVID-19 as it seems to my dumb lay brain?

aside from it being (yet another) promising retrospective study of smoking among COVID-19 hospitalizations, I feel like it offers an explanation for everything we've been seeing otherwise?

I'm like completely unequipped to evaluate it lol. it's all Greek to me

at the very least, am I off base in thinking that the retrospective studies suggest such a significant effect that we should have an answer relatively quickly one way or the other?

idk I'm probably getting my hopes up, but drat it's so funny if it's real

it's the funniest possible medicine for this, so i'm choosing to believe it's true, that we will live in a future where only people that smoke or dip survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

I wonder if the "otherwise healthy" people are desat'ing without knowing it or if they're clotting up while spO2 is good.