Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
French doesn’t have a single good song that doesn’t feature someone else above him. He sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

French Montana's label have such little confidence in him that they pulled one of his albums after it was already on store shelves

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Lol

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

hip hop posted:

I listened to Talib Kweli's entire discography on Spotify yesterday and the day before. It was good, which is high praise coming from me. He has a lot of features, about one every song. The 4-song playlist I posted earlier is still pretty good. There are some good lines and flows he has occasionally here and there. It was worth listening to his entire discography, I think. If you're not really into hip hop you probably wouldn't listen to it.

Talib is wild because he sounds like someone described rap to him and he decided to take it up without actually hearing an actual rap song. I don’t think he knows what rapping is. He’s baffling. The posse cut he did with Hi Tek is wild because he comes in an indisputable last place behind J.Cole of all people.

I’m glad you’re enjoying him because his discography is deep and there’s a lot there to keep you busy. Personally, I can’t imagine choosing to listen to him when literally anything else exists.

Completely come around on Carti since I realised his weird yelp-flow is the only way to contain bonkers beats such as this and Pierre’s tracks on Die Lit. If his beat selection remains this daring I’ll happily listen to him ad lib his way through an entire record.

Besson fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 22, 2020

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Besson posted:

Talib is wild because he sounds like someone described rap to him and he decided to take it up without actually hearing an actual rap song. I don’t think he knows what rapping is.

Its been a long time since we had a take this spicy in this thread, thank you for your service.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn thug absolutely destroyed French lmao

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

bows1 posted:

French doesn’t have a single good song that doesn’t feature someone else above him. He sucks

It's this. Imagine listening to a French Montana album, lmao. That dude exists on singles with strong features

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Its been a long time since we had a take this spicy in this thread, thank you for your service.

Yeah that's uh

That's something, right there

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I listened to and enjoyed the St. JHN when it was posted here a while ago, but I've been playing him on heavy rotation in work from home mode. Good poo poo.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i hear hes blowing up right now off a tik tok remix but im honestly not even mad at it. whatever gets him the recognition he deserves ghetto lenny was probably my favorite rap album last year

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i have listened to and enjoyed more french montana albums than kendrick ones

edit: yall are insane. ramriddlez has more good albums than Kendrick Lamar its about quality not quantity

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 22, 2020

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

atrus50 posted:

Oh man I thought the Talib Kweli can't rap take was going to be the pinnacle of insane things someone would say, yet here we are

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

atrus50 posted:

Mods!!!!!

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Just want to chime in and say gently caress ANYONE who besmirches Jeffery.

And saint jhn is great, best r&b guy since frank ocean. I had that album on repeat for months, 5,000 singles was the only song I’d skip sometimes. Also watch him in interviews he’s an interesting guy and very articulate.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jkvbbPFC7M

lol Da Toddler

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i hear hes blowing up right now off a tik tok remix but im honestly not even mad at it. whatever gets him the recognition he deserves ghetto lenny was probably my favorite rap album last year

the remix suckkks though and isn't anything like his regular sound

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Is that the imaenbak remix or whatever? Made the mistake of clicking that on Spotify once. Sounds like a song from 10 years ago.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Besson posted:

Completely come around on Carti since I realised his weird yelp-flow is the only way to contain bonkers beats such as this and Pierre’s tracks on Die Lit. If his beat selection remains this daring I’ll happily listen to him ad lib his way through an entire record.

the first thing i thought when i listened to that track is 'he is literally immitating young nudy on that track he did with him and pierre (kid cudi?) that doesn't exist on youtube anymore for some reason

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Starks posted:

Is that the imaenbak remix or whatever? Made the mistake of clicking that on Spotify once. Sounds like a song from 10 years ago.

That’s what I was guessing considering it has like 400 mil more views than his next song

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

yeah i mean look the song sucks poo poo but whatever gets him exposure and making more music im all for

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://streamable.com/x4cpqd

Just Blaze has been doing a lot of IG Lives during this quarantine, just playing records for hours on end.
And by incredible chance, I happened to catch juuust the right part - he played an unreleased version of Dipset's "I Really Mean It", with a 9/11-reference-filled-verse by Juelz Santana.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

hip hop posted:

I listened to Talib Kweli's entire discography on Spotify yesterday and the day before. It was good, which is high praise coming from me. He has a lot of features, about one every song. The 4-song playlist I posted earlier is still pretty good. There are some good lines and flows he has occasionally here and there. It was worth listening to his entire discography, I think. If you're not really into hip hop you probably wouldn't listen to it.

Lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
RIP Fred The Godson, loving Rona.......

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYMud_XWuBw

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Thinking about Sada Baby again. He’s already given us a lifetime of great songs, and no two are the same. A unique talent in every way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Look at young dolph on Apple Music / Spotify :

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Rip

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

drat. RIP.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Look at young dolph on Apple Music / Spotify :

Amazing.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tupac interview counts as -5 hits tho

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Marching Powder posted:

that's a nice thing to say! in return, i'd like to present the thread with a documentary on the making of the tyler album 'cherry bomb', aka 'the album that sucked before he made a string of unambiguous classics'. tyler's such an interesting guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adqH75zeiKk

Actually Cherry Bomb is great

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
This might be fun. If you have an Oculus Quest or Go. I would assume it’s broadcast elsewhere if it’s for charity.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtGfh2fvwM

this dude's arm has been in a cast forever...

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Listening to this non-stop since it dropped. We (used to) Live in Brooklyn, Baby in particular is speaking to me.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2uqLrP2FgzoXTmLL41dHsA?si=ZubLWeFXRnaaWsHoxzKjog

Also ended up in the Travis Scott Fortnite thing and it was pretty fun. I only wish the edibles were hitting a bit harder.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i have never listened to a j cole song. can someone recommend one that bangs or is good or something so i can at least say i've heard and appreciated a guy who is named in the same breath as kendrick lamar

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Marching Powder posted:

i have never listened to a j cole song. can someone recommend one that bangs or is good or something so i can at least say i've heard and appreciated a guy who is named in the same breath as kendrick lamar

Check out his mixtapes

The Warm Up or Friday Night Lights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

I don't like his solo stuff but his features are good sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMsdzxuldQM