Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Heineken 0.0 is what he's been drinking, which i guess still is like .05%. he said the "non-alcoholic" Clausthaler was way better, but then he realized it was still .5%, which i guess is a bridge too far.

i had forgotten about the Lagunitas stuff, so i'll pass that along. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Heineken 0? It's supposed to be zero

EDIT

Beaten by yourself

The hop water is good. Tastes like a citrusy drink to me. Think it's kinda pricey though

Captain Duvel fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 22, 2020

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

funkybottoms posted:

anyone have a true 0% alcohol beer they recommend? my dad has some enzyme issue where he's not even supposed to mess with the .5% stuff, but it apparently most of it tastes like crap.

Believe it or not Heineken 0.0 is easily the best NA beer I've had. I've branched out a lot and tried a lot of the "craft" NA stuff. Heineken 0.0 is the only one that actually tastes like beer and not underattenuated wort.

Lagunitas Hop Water is both expensive and oddly sweet

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My box o’ beer from Funkybottoms got delayed until tomorrow. I ain’t complaining because those UPS workers are busting their asses these days to deliver my poo poo and everyone else’s, they can take an extra day to deliver beer to my fat rear end. In any case I’m drinking a delicious double IPA tonight from one of my favorite CT breweries, Norbrook Farms. Very slight haze but you can still see through it. A little hop bite like a West Coast but a full mouthfeel more like a New England style, 8% to help kill the quarantine doldrums.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
we getting random boxes of beer from people?!?!?! huH!!>!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hop water really scratches the beer itch better than beer in some cases

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yeah only IPAs tho

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I purchased it so not so much random

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I purchased it so not so much random

except that i filled one of the crowlers with- well, you'll find out!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

MunchE posted:

Believe it or not Heineken 0.0 is easily the best NA beer I've had. I've branched out a lot and tried a lot of the "craft" NA stuff. Heineken 0.0 is the only one that actually tastes like beer and not underattenuated wort.

Lagunitas Hop Water is both expensive and oddly sweet

Mikkellers weird weather and drinkin the sun are actually really good if you want NA stuff.

Kosher man
May 8, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

except that i filled one of the crowlers with- well, you'll find out!

Wait can we buy Ardent boxes now?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dphi posted:

Yeah only IPAs tho

*head explodes*

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Kosher man posted:

Wait can we buy Ardent boxes now?

technically, we're only shipping in VA and DC, but i've been making exceptions for my internet and irl beernerd friends. we set up two online stores- one for pickup and delivery, which has everything we have in stock, and one for shipping, where we wisely limited the options to certain amounts of bottles and cans. if someone were to use the former, throw in a big enough tip to cover shipping, and leave a note to pass the order along to me, i would be happy to accommodate. i wish we had more lagers in cans, but the Italian pilsner hasn't passed the forced diacetyl test yet, so that's like a month away.

oh, getting even more hype for MXICN LAGER- which we're brewing in the next few weeks- since Mike from DSSOLVR is designing the label for us.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

funkybottoms posted:

technically, we're only shipping in VA and DC, but i've been making exceptions for my internet and irl beernerd friends. we set up two online stores- one for pickup and delivery, which has everything we have in stock, and one for shipping, where we wisely limited the options to certain amounts of bottles and cans. if someone were to use the former, throw in a big enough tip to cover shipping, and leave a note to pass the order along to me, i would be happy to accommodate. i wish we had more lagers in cans, but the Italian pilsner hasn't passed the forced diacetyl test yet, so that's like a month away.

oh, getting even more hype for MXICN LAGER- which we're brewing in the next few weeks- since Mike from DSSOLVR is designing the label for us.

Very cool.

I've been drinking too much Mile Wide here in Louisville. They seem to have definitely sped up their releases with more variety/less of each beer made. They are probably our best local brewery, but they can't make anything dark (except an amazing coffee porter) to save their lives.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fall Brewery is selling 24pks of their Plenty for All Pilsner for $30 omg omg omg omg omg :pcgaming:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Fall Brewery is selling 24pks of their Plenty for All Pilsner for $30 omg omg omg omg omg :pcgaming:

LOL you can get like 60 Pabst for that price, you bougie gently caress.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

funkybottoms posted:

but the Italian pilsner hasn't passed the forced diacetyl test yet, so that's like a month away.

Ah yes, very much down for both of those :yeah:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

danbanana posted:

LOL you can get like 60 Pabst for that price, you bougie gently caress.

omg ur rright! Whatr am i thinkin!

unironic post: I got 15 in the fridge and a fresh 30 rack in my living room waiting for me :beerpal:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
A local brewery made uhh...this

It also sold out extremely quickly :psyduck:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Ok but what is a NYE

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ok but what is a NYE

Oh Pils Nye is just the name of their pils. It's actually a pretty solid pils. Pils! Pils! Pils! Pils!

np19
Dec 25, 2016

There is lots of novelty with that beer. I get it.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

So... did they just dump juice boxes into their pilsner? Was it meant to be fruity? At what point is it not a pilsner anymore? Or is it just green dye in it?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

danbanana posted:

So... did they just dump juice boxes into their pilsner? Was it meant to be fruity? At what point is it not a pilsner anymore? Or is it just green dye in it?

Apparently it has lime and pineapple.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Anyone here have any experience with beer drop? I ordered some crowlers of beer from them over a week ago and they still show my order as 'processing'.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Bought and drank some Public Access Psychic Mirrors and it has legit the worst hop-burn I've had in a NEIPA in years. I want to just let this sit in my fridge for another month so I don't drink acid. Dorchester usually is pretty decent with this kind of stuff and it is disappointing to say the least.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

But Baja Blast is blue. Ecto cooler is the green one!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh Pils Nye is just the name of their pils. It's actually a pretty solid pils. Pils! Pils! Pils! Pils!

I appreciate the joke now. The baja blast beer? Not so much.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Anyone else not like Alvarado/Great Notion Double Dank Shake? People here go apeshit for it and it's sold out in under 24h for every bottle shop here. My buddy gave me 2 and I don't like it at all. The amount of peach in it is offensive and there's no "dank" flavor whatsoever.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Beer Thread 3: there's no "dank" flavor whatsoever.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How dank is too dank?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s left of this NEBCO Triple Fuzzy is dank af

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Anyone else not like Alvarado/Great Notion Double Dank Shake? People here go apeshit for it and it's sold out in under 24h for every bottle shop here. My buddy gave me 2 and I don't like it at all. The amount of peach in it is offensive and there's no "dank" flavor whatsoever.

I had last year's and it was good but not something that I'd want to drink regularly or much of it in a single sitting. last year it seemed to be very terpene forward, but whatever blend or strain they tried to mimic seemed to lean towards fruity terps rather than danker ones like myrcene. I remember the flavor being pretty drat complex and intense, but like in a bad way? less is more

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Finally got around to cracking into the Boon Discovery box I bought *checks calendar* 3 years ago.

Vat 110: Cognac
Vat 108: Brewery cask from 1935
Vat 92: Red wine cask from Rhone
Vat 91: Calvados

When it comes to straight up I think I gotta go 110>108>92>91.

110 is just a truly fantastic lambic on its own. The main fault of 108 is it might be a little too acidic. 92 does offer a very nice nose, but the flavor is extremely one note and kinda overall lacks structure. 91 just seems bland and overall, but I can see it being used as kinda a background character to add a level of depth to a blend.

Overall though these are all quite good and 110 is a straight up banger. Now to act like Frank Boon and recklessly blend these together as I quickly drink 1.5L of lambic

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Today's pilsner taste-off:

The Heater Allen was too hop forward and bitter for me, the GN was almost too sweet. Edge goes to GN since they're giving all the profits of this beer to employees they laid off.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Fat Lou posted:

Finally got around to cracking into the Boon Discovery box I bought *checks calendar* 3 years ago.

Vat 110: Cognac
Vat 108: Brewery cask from 1935
Vat 92: Red wine cask from Rhone
Vat 91: Calvados

When it comes to straight up I think I gotta go 110>108>92>91.

110 is just a truly fantastic lambic on its own. The main fault of 108 is it might be a little too acidic. 92 does offer a very nice nose, but the flavor is extremely one note and kinda overall lacks structure. 91 just seems bland and overall, but I can see it being used as kinda a background character to add a level of depth to a blend.

Overall though these are all quite good and 110 is a straight up banger. Now to act like Frank Boon and recklessly blend these together as I quickly drink 1.5L of lambic

I think this is still on shelves around and have always been curious so thanks. I didn't realize that Vat 110 was a Cognac vat. So was 109, and that beer is probably a top 3 lambic for me. But the other 3 seem to be kinda run of the mill stuff so maybe it depends on how much I want that 110 huh?

2018 BCBS tasting good tonight. The barrel seems weak. A lot of the base beer is coming through,which is kinda unique for this beer.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What’s left of this NEBCO Triple Fuzzy is dank af

NEBCO is extremely good op

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

I think this is still on shelves around and have always been curious so thanks. I didn't realize that Vat 110 was a Cognac vat. So was 109, and that beer is probably a top 3 lambic for me. But the other 3 seem to be kinda run of the mill stuff so maybe it depends on how much I want that 110 huh?

I agree that 109 is real special. It's also the most available for the "Vat" Boon gueuezes (at least in my area) but... it's double the price vs Mariage Parfait :smithcloud:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

I agree that 109 is real special. It's also the most available for the "Vat" Boon gueuezes (at least in my area) but... it's double the price vs Mariage Parfait :smithcloud:

Wait. It's still on the shelves by you?! Even the Belgian shops that ship to the US have been sold out for a long time. I know because I would absolutely buy those...

Though twice the cost of MP means... $18 for a 375? $20? That is steep, but it's in line with what Golden Blend would be and the couple 109s I've had are as good as the literal best GB I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

Wait. It's still on the shelves by you?! Even the Belgian shops that ship to the US have been sold out for a long time. I know because I would absolutely buy those...

Though twice the cost of MP means... $18 for a 375? $20? That is steep, but it's in line with what Golden Blend would be and the couple 109s I've had are as good as the literal best GB I've ever had.

This was taken just before the Super Bowl and in general yeah, Boon gueuzes will sit on shelves here for months. Central Market does a 20% off after you buy $25 sale twice a year, it's when I go load up on Mariage Parfait. Also will happen sometime in the fall.

air- fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 25, 2020