Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

nut

Squizzle posted:

did you know lbj had an amphicar, which was a convertible that could float, and he would take people driving and not tell them the truth (that it could float) but tell them a lie (that the brakes suddenly stopped working as they headed toward the lake)

finally a politic I can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda

he also had a famously huge hog that he'd helicopter in front of his aides and opponents alike

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

when i was little we went to san antonio to see the alamo i guess and then we went to LBJs house or farm or something and all i remember is a cow's butthole opening wide and seeing how cow patties get made in living color

Squizzle

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

when i was little we went to san antonio to see the alamo i guess and then we went to LBJs house or farm or something and all i remember is a cow's butthole opening wide and seeing how cow patties get made in living color

that rules

Doomtalker
These yobbers sure are a friendly bunch, hope they stick around and :justpost:

old beast lunatic

by Hand Knit
lol, just LMFAO if you aren't obsessed with nuclear war destroying capitalism and marxist space aliens.

alnilam

Squizzle posted:

cspam was vastly more similar to byob than to any other subforum until the inauguration. if weve gotten angrier and darker its because we spend our time talking news and politics in a time when those are soil that grows choking vines

but that whimsy is still present, if muted and often more bitterly expressed. and we hold solidarity, community, love, and understanding as central virtues. we just say gently caress you a lot as we do it

:agreed: pre-2017 cspam was pretty much byob about politics. There's still some of that spirit in there and when I come around these parts I try to do my part to keep that spirit strong :w2byob:

ty manifisto

Toph Bei Fong

biosterous

Squizzle posted:

cspam was vastly more similar to byob than to any other subforum until the inauguration. if weve gotten angrier and darker its because we spend our time talking news and politics in a time when those are soil that grows choking vines

but that whimsy is still present, if muted and often more bitterly expressed. and we hold solidarity, community, love, and understanding as central virtues. we just say gently caress you a lot as we do it

i know that our byob space mission was to spread our friendship and get people to come hang out with us in byob, but the wonderful side effect is that i keep finding new good places to hang out on the forums!

i love this thank you

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Goons Are Gifts

Is it legal to say that I absolutely love LBJ here?

Not the president I hardly care and am not even American, but because his initials sound they are actually a Spanish invitation to oral sex when spoken out loud and I've been laughing about that for years

Squizzle

Goons Are Great posted:

Not the president I hardly care and am not even American, but because his initials sound they are actually a Spanish invitation to oral sex when spoken out loud and I've been laughing about that for years

lbj is great

Goon Boots

Goons Are Great posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiiWOh9f9l0

Squizzle

if byob were a mega zord what sort would it be

Zerg Mans
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
dragonzord cause it sucks hahahahahaaahahaaa

take the moon

by sebmojo
fash detected

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Toph Bei Fong

c-spam would be these guys for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAE7co2qsQ4

Trains rule and are good praxis

nut

Squizzle posted:

if byob were a mega zord what sort would it be

the one true zord and saviour Jesus h christ sorry I’m not allowed to watch animation shows produced using devil boxes

Dreddout

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

dex_sda posted:

he also had a famously huge hog that he'd helicopter in front of his aides and opponents alike

hell, same

:razz::hf::imunfunny:

A Time To Chill

well this video did promise me bij and it delivered

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Toph Bei Fong posted:

c-spam would be these guys for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAE7co2qsQ4

Trains rule and are good praxis

Of course the bad guys are tux and top-hat wearing, anti-train millionaires

Finicums Wake
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Goons Are Great posted:

Okay, enough of the jokes, let's talk serious, controversial politics.
What is CSPAM's official stance on cereals for dinner??

eating so-called breakfast foods at night is always permitted, imo

alnilam

Finicums Wake posted:

eating so-called breakfast foods at night is always permitted, imo

:agreed: breakfast is a state of mind

ty manifisto

dex_sda

it's not "tomorrow" for me until i go to sleep

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

dex_sda posted:

don't let the man tell you what day it is

don't let the sun tell you either

you are the highest power in your world

nut

i decide when is todayh i decide when is tomorrow i decide when may 12th is and only then will i pay you 38.11

- me talking 2 rogers on the phone

Who What Now

by Azathoth

dex_sda posted:

This man speaks truth.

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

:agreed: breakfast is a state of mind

:hfive:
Breakfast club includes every number on the clock

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

you know, the least we can do if we're hanging out in c-spam is to check out the goonbucks thread and throw some mutual aid to our siblings in space arms

Dustcat

Kief Richards posted:

you know, the least we can do if we're hanging out in c-spam is to check out the goonbucks thread and throw some mutual aid to our siblings in space arms

plinkey's even hiring an accountant to form a real nonprofit now, so you can trust every ounce of your asteroid gold to go towards helping keep goons fed, clothed, and high

ChubbyChecker

Goons Are Great posted:

lmao

Who What Now

by Azathoth

Goons Are Great posted:

:hfive:
Breakfast club includes every number on the clock

Breakfast tastes better when it's eaten for dinner, this is a scientific fact.

Finicums Wake
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
a good breakfast to have is, breakfast sandwich (bread and egg required to count, but meat and toppings ur choice)

Goons Are Gifts

CSPAM is the breakfast forum

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

CSPAM is the breakfast forum

Appropriate as spam is a breakfast meat, among other things

alnilam

Hey, do you like CSPAM? *sticks tongue out with chewed up spam(TM) in my mouth :twisted:*

biosterous

Kief Richards posted:

:hmmyes:

byob should contribute to the Buy Your Own Beans fund

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dustcat

rather than breakfast cereal for dinner, i am often faced with the reverse problem: how to have dinner leftovers for breakfast

this is most easily accomplished with a fried egg on top, which turns any meal into a breakfast

Squizzle

Dustcat posted:

rather than breakfast cereal for dinner, i am often faced with the reverse problem: how to have dinner leftovers for breakfast

this is most easily accomplished with a fried egg on top, which turns any meal into a breakfast

leftovers for breakfast is always pro af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

:feelsgood:

Also my relation to c-spam is that I started lurking the pics thread some years ago. I'm not really interested in politics but I figured it would be a way to at least somewhat keep up with things going on over in the US while also having a lol every now and then. Worked out great for me so far

Thank you Pot Smoke Phoenix!