Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
If Tua falls to Carolina and we don’t pick him, I will start rooting for whatever team is closest to where I live... oh god, the Bills.

Actually maybe they aren’t too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm telling you, friends, I feel it in my loving bones that the Jets are going to take CJ Henderson if he's available. Breer has apparently been saying the Jets would consider taking him over their #4 OT.

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1253162197053775873?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1253162307615678464

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

If Tua falls to Carolina and we don’t pick him, I will start rooting for whatever team is closest to where I live... oh god, the Bills.

Actually maybe they aren’t too bad.

The only way he tumbles is if his hip is worse than is in the press, in which case I would think teams already know. The only thing I'm wondering about this year is because of Covid there's no scouts having beers together after pro days and comparing notes and there's therefore no media having beers with scouts and sharing notes and if there is a big issue like we had with Star's fake heart condition in 2013, or someone's knee or shoulder because there's always someone, it might not hit the twittersphere because the information simply hasn't filtered through. I guess the other side to that is no one has anything to do so there's probably heaps of text threads between guys sharing info where this stuff could leak but I dunno.

The only dumb scenario I can see in my head for Miami trading up is:
You would have to assume that
1. Thomas is the consensus top tackle and the Giants are locked in - (working off the expectation that 1 and 2 are Barrow and Chase and Detroit has no interest in a tackle)
2. The Dolphins don't believe in Tua (either hip or bad front officing), they dont believe in Herbert and feel either later they can get Love or Hurts or roll on until next year (or maybe sign Cam?).

I guess its plausible. My only question then becomes, who does San Diego take and would the Panthers take Herbert?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I guess its plausible. My only question then becomes, who does San Diego take and would the Panthers take Herbert?

I want the Chargers to have a good QB, but it seems pretty unlikely for the near future. They should Trade Up for Tua.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Burrow - Young - Tua (trade up) - Wills Jr./Becton/Trade Back (Gettleman is an enigma), some sort of win now pick out of the Lions either with Okudah/Henderson/Lamb/Jeudy/Wirfs/Becton/Wills, which probably puts the Chargers reaching for Herbert. I don't especially see a ton of love or rumors about the other QBs in the class right now unless teams get super desperate on draft day. Possible trade up plays for Herbert or Tua could also come from the Raiders and Jaguars who both own multiple first round picks and both are looking for identity at the position. Panthers have Bridgewater and probably will want to roll the dice with that, Patriots are obviously tanking for Lawrence, and the fringe teams like the Saints/Colts/Buccaneers with their ancient QBs could address the position but I doubt it'll be early. Hell I'm not even sure the Chargers will take Herbert since Telesco has been all about BPA the past few years.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Got the perfect theme for the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkIs37a2JE

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Haha, terrible draft is an understatement.
The 2013 "top" 10, everyone: Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Dion Jordan, Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, and Chance Warmack.
Like, I'm pretty sure Lane Johnson is the only guy who isn't a JAG at best. The third round was pretty great though!

But, as quarterbacks go, it's between Mike Glennon and Matt Barkley as the best.

Saints got Kenny Vaccaro at like 15 and I remember being insanely stoked about it. Hell, he was a fantastic rookie. Then his brain fell apart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Burrow - Young - Tua (trade up) - Wills Jr./Becton/Trade Back (Gettleman is an enigma), some sort of win now pick out of the Lions either with Okudah/Henderson/Lamb/Jeudy/Wirfs/Becton/Wills, which probably puts the Chargers reaching for Herbert. I don't especially see a ton of love or rumors about the other QBs in the class right now unless teams get super desperate on draft day. Possible trade up plays for Herbert or Tua could also come from the Raiders and Jaguars who both own multiple first round picks and both are looking for identity at the position. Panthers have Bridgewater and probably will want to roll the dice with that, Patriots are obviously tanking for Lawrence, and the fringe teams like the Saints/Colts/Buccaneers with their ancient QBs could address the position but I doubt it'll be early. Hell I'm not even sure the Chargers will take Herbert since Telesco has been all about BPA the past few years.

So your feeling is Raiders or Jags could force Miami to get their guy? Makes more sense than going after an OT.

I would be gobsmacked if the Panthers took Herbert tbh - I'm just curious as to how their offensive minded coach with a young guru OC views him.

Even with Bridgewater, I think if they had a shot at Tua and not taking them it would be extremely silly. Bridgewater is on basically a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option. They signed a bunch of offensive players like Pharoh Cooper and Robby Anderson and moved for some pieces on the offensive line but I get the feeling its all about getting a proof of concept this year and getting their long term QB next year. Rhule and Tepper etc spoke at length about a 5 year plan with the team and at the end of this year they're going to have to make a decision on more than a few players' options.

Get the skill position players acclimatized this year with Bridgewater (who knows a similar system) as the starter, build something of a defensive nucleus. Get your starter next year and use Bridge as the bridge and move forward. I don't think Teddy is a foundation for the long term. How Herbert fits I dunno. he's never been linked with the team at all but I think the idea that Bridgewater = set is a bit of a misnomer. I think within 2 years the Panthers are taking a QB.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

Telesco might take Simmons if he's just sitting there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

All of this hype ending with Miami trading up for a loving tackle would be so perfect.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It’s gotta be Tua...

13 hours 40 mins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Long thread. None of this is confirmed, but this guy has good info every year around draft time.

https://twitter.com/CannataPFN/status/1253163585649487872?s=20

- Miami and Detroit have agreed to swap 3rd and 5th

- No one believes Miami is trading up for a tackle

- Told by three different people there is 0% chance Miami takes Herbert

- Tua is Miami's #2 QB behind Burrow with a noticeable drop off to the #3 QB Jordan Love

- The Dolphins are split on QB's. Marino is pushing hard for Jordan Love. Some holdovers from the Tannenbaum era want Herbert. Chris Grier apparently stood up at one point to argue why Herbert would not be a good choice. The most influential people in the building want Tua.

- Miami's top tackle is Andrew Thomas. Assuming we go Tua at 3 then watch for Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson later on. If none of those guys are available then Lucas Niang is the name to watch in round 2.

- Miami's top RB is D'Andre Swift. Their second choice is Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

- Alex Highsmith is a pass rush target late day 2, early day 3.

- Xavier McKinney and Antoine Winfield are 2nd round targets at safety.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
if they want McKinney in the second round they must have been the ones releasing super negative scout stuff trying to push him down there

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Long thread. None of this is confirmed, but this guy has good info every year around draft time.

https://twitter.com/CannataPFN/status/1253163585649487872?s=20

- Miami and Detroit have agreed to swap 3rd and 5th

- No one believes Miami is trading up for a tackle

- Told by three different people there is 0% chance Miami takes Herbert

- Tua is Miami's #2 QB behind Burrow with a noticeable drop off to the #3 QB Jordan Love

- The Dolphins are split on QB's. Marino is pushing hard for Jordan Love. Some holdovers from the Tannenbaum era want Herbert. Chris Grier apparently stood up at one point to argue why Herbert would not be a good choice. The most influential people in the building want Tua.

- Miami's top tackle is Andrew Thomas. Assuming we go Tua at 3 then watch for Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson later on. If none of those guys are available then Lucas Niang is the name to watch in round 2.

- Miami's top RB is D'Andre Swift. Their second choice is Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

- Alex Highsmith is a pass rush target late day 2, early day 3.

- Xavier McKinney and Antoine Winfield are 2nd round targets at safety.

Would be very happy with all this. Prefer CEH to Swift tbh.

Loose hope would be that Kansas does actually want Ruggs and he's there at 18 for us to trade back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am both not excited about the draft because I barely care and also really excited about it because it's a sports-like thing.

Also because it has potential to be absolutely disastrously funny if there are glitches. I want the first round to last until 5 AM tomorrow.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What are the Dolphins going to do in the NFL Draft?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cavauro posted:

If past performance is any guide, gently caress up

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Ever wonder why a bottlenose has such a long nose?

The draft. Gonna have to change their name to the swordfish if this keeps up.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 23, 2020

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Things that would make me happy:
-Any top 4 tackle
-Lamb/Jeudy
-In the unlikely scenario all 6 of those players are gone, a trade down.

Things that would make me sad:
-Any defensive player
-A trade up

I'd immediately take any of the tackles provided at least one makes it to #11. My personal preference would be Wills, Thomas, Becton, Wirfs in that order. Lamb or Jeudy I'm also OK with provided all the tackles are gone. They have to go offense though; I dont care if guys like Okudah or Simmons fall.

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1253280215872266240

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Hi friends, the draft is today :)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone asked Burrow what he was planning on doing to celebrate getting drafted. He said he was going to keep watching to see where his teammates ended up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Daniel Jeremiah's final mock has has Jet Jefferson going to the Niners over Jeudy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110524/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-40-bucs-pick-jerry-jeudy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'll puke out my butt if the Dolphins draft a lovely QB, an "upside" project tackle and an interior OL in the first round

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The 4 guys I would love for Chiefs to get at 32:

Patrick Queen
Jeff Gladney
Cesar Ruiz
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They're mostly likely trading up for Tua but it's interesting that multiple reports this morning that the Dolphins were really trying to convince the Bengals to move out. Burrow must be way higher on their board than any other QB.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1253295513337815041
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1253325213032304641

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

They're mostly likely trading up for Tua but it's interesting that multiple reports this morning that the Dolphins were really trying to convince the Bengals to move out. Burrow must be way higher on their board than any other QB.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1253295513337815041
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1253325213032304641

all we had to do was lose a couple of meaningless games :shrug:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Draft day! Where the biggest suspense for Seattle fans is whether they even pick in the first round, and if they do then how they'll gently caress that up.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Burrow (or Tua) could just as easily end up Goff or Bradford as he could brees or Rodgers. It's a crap shoot. Tua could be a HoFer or out if the league next year. Five games in 2019 don't matter either way, and it was fun to win them

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Burrow (or Tua) could just as easily end up Goff or Bradford as he could brees or Rodgers. It's a crap shoot. Tua could be a HoFer or out if the league next year. Five games in 2019 don't matter either way, and it was fun to win them

It's much more likely both of them end up Goff or Bradford than either of them being Rodgers or Brees. Low and uncertain odds doesn't mean Burrow and Tua are equivalent, though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://youtu.be/rZxNeFLuY98

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Excuse me but that tweet says that Burrow is Joe Montana.

As a bengals fan I have a strong impression that Joe Montana was actually very good but for some reason I can't remember the specific reasons why.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Unless it's on my end this morning I'm gonna be disappointed if the forums are sluggish as hell during the draft :ohdear:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Unless it's on my end this morning I'm gonna be disappointed if the forums are sluggish as hell during the draft :ohdear:

Pretty sure this happened two drafts ago, too. I remember thinking "well, at least there won't be a gif of this Josh Allen pick".

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kiper has switched his Miami pick from Herbert to Tua

https://twitter.com/MelKiperESPN/status/1253325233949310978?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Feeling pretty smug right now not gunna lie.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/1253334501297491970

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/1253340310861570060

first actual prediction tweet from one of the big local cardinals guys. i dunno. just going by the numbers, there would be like 3-4 "top 10" guys left if those 3 defensive players go in addition to the tackles and qbs and chase young.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Kiper has switched his Miami pick from Herbert to Tua

https://twitter.com/MelKiperESPN/status/1253325233949310978?s=20

Watching this clip he doesn't sound particular sold, but draft day switches from Kiper generally have pretty high hit rates, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

all we had to do was lose a couple of meaningless games :shrug:

I, for one, am glad you guys won one of those meaningless games.