Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ymgve posted:

Yakuza Kiwami: ? is the first letter of the country where the game takes place
?GJ2A-RAXLV-BBGP2

Thank you for this! You are wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

PlushCow posted:

Thank you for this! You are wonderful!

Hope you got my edit - it's the last letter, not first letter

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

ymgve posted:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: ? is the last letter of Lara's new favourite weapon
?7K0F-P?R80-20JGZ

Ice Pick? Bow? Oh! bow!!

I'm ashamed it took me a few tries, thank you!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ymgve posted:

Shenmue I & II: ? is the number of Shenmue games released
TK04I-XMT7E-65BK?

Took this one, thanks!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ymgve posted:

Some games:

The Turing Test: ? is the last letter of the famous place where Alan Turing worked
7MT33-4G7?H-P0D46

Thanks

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Okami HD: ? is the first letter of the name of the main character
V?85V-N78ER-P?CRP

Thanks for this!

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

ymgve posted:

Some games:

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition: ? is the first letter of the city where the game series started
J?EDB-C3K39-?ZWPD

Thank you sir!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ymgve posted:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: ? is the last letter of the first name of the main character
?PLIG-NCQYP-VFC3Q

Yoink! I now own all of the good Deus Ex games. Will I ever play them? Only time will tell!

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ymgve posted:

I tried J and saw invalid code, not that it was taken so I tried N for Nippon because anime so it worked out, haha thanks! :japan: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yoink! I now own all of the good Deus Ex games. Will I ever play them? Only time will tell!

Mankind Divided is probably the best gameplay in the series. story not so much

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah, it's PROBABLY fine because it's by Fireaxis, but for $20 it's probably 2 hours long or some poo poo by their B-team and maybe it's buggy and who knows but $9 is about what I would pay for a lunch if I still physically went into work.

I'm a little concerned it recommends a 980 (1060 is basically equivalent and what I have)

ACG review video is up and it's fine, very much so for tenbux.
If it's like xcom2 wotc, turn off SSAO/Bokeh plus some shadows and it'll run on anything.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 23, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ymgve posted:

Nippon :confused:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Shenzen was lurked :argh:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

ymgve posted:

Emily is Away Too: ? is the first letter of an old three-letter chat program that used numbers instead of nicknames
?2K5?-XNX9P-6CRF0

Took this one, thanks. I remember that program and enjoyed the first game.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/746850/Cloudpunk/

This just came out of nowhere and looks right up my alley. I am not sure about the price, though...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SimonChris posted:

This just came out of nowhere and looks right up my alley. I am not sure about the price, though...

That does look pretty cool! If I end up checking it out (cause I'm rich) later I'll let people itt know if it's trash or not.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is Invisible War on that list? :colbert:

Also re: the Square-Enix bundle I'm somewhat fond of The Turing Test, but I'm also a sucker for Portal-likes so YMMV.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Shenzen was lurked :argh:

I still have a key if you can give me some way for me to give it to you.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

That does look pretty cool! If I end up checking it out (cause I'm rich) later I'll let people itt know if it's trash or not.

I'm also curious to know if it's good or not! I'm a sucker for anything with that kind aesthetic

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tripwood posted:

Any good games from the new Square Enix bundle? They look like a lot could be budget clunkers or hidden gems.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/square-enix-collective-2020

Tokyo Dark and The Turing Test are both extremely good. I really enjoyed my time with Tokyo Dark, it's some good-rear end j-horror.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Tokyo Dark and The Turing Test are both extremely good. I really enjoyed my time with Tokyo Dark, it's some good-rear end j-horror.

How long is Tokyo Dark?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Can't download XCOM yet :argh:
But at least the key is redeemed :sun:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

big ol' sokpop sale: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/sokpop
and annapurna: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/annapurna

the indie demo thing is lookin like it's happening tomorrow rather than today, but still, a lot of indies doing stuff it looks like. i think i saw a daedalic sale as well. is this because of a PAX being cancelled or something?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can't download XCOM yet :argh:
But at least the key is redeemed :sun:

9 hours, according to the store page :f5:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

IW was weird, it had some cool stuff going on but then it would kneecap itself with some awful design desicions. In theory, universal ammo lets you be more flexible because you don’t have to worry about specific ammo not dropping. In practice, it means you’ll never use the rail gun because each pull of the trigger sends a tenth of your max ammo down range. I really liked the hub design, though, and the plot was pretty cool.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Of course not. I might watch an LP of it someday, but ehhh on actually playing it.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

IW was weird, it had some cool stuff going on but then it would kneecap itself with some awful design desicions. In theory, universal ammo lets you be more flexible because you don’t have to worry about specific ammo not dropping. In practice, it means you’ll never use the rail gun because each pull of the trigger sends a tenth of your max ammo down range. I really liked the hub design, though, and the plot was pretty cool.

This is a good post.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive never heard of a single game in that list. actually kind of impressive in its own right.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of course not. I might watch an LP of it someday, but ehhh on actually playing it.
i liked invisible war when i played it as a kid on my xbox with no context for what a deus ex game was. i want to play through it again at some point and see if i still like it.

e: it even seems to be in my steam library somehow

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

StrixNebulosa posted:

How long is Tokyo Dark?

~5 hours
https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=48879

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Awesome! posted:

ive never heard of a single game in that list. actually kind of impressive in its own right.

lol if you've never heard of Botanik

*gets handed a piece of paper*

Oh, it seems I was thinking of Botanicula. Botanicula.

*taps desk*

These are some indie-rear end indie games.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

John Murdoch posted:

IW was spoiled for me because of MASSIVE consolitis. I can't recall if it even recognized mouse in menus, but everything was clunky and based toward hammering "you should be using a gamepad" the whole time, which wasn't nearly as common back in 2003.

Someone dug into the config files and it turned out everything for proper KB+M play was in there, but commented out. They'd burned the wrong version of the file for PC release. But the damage was done.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bruceski posted:

IW was spoiled for me because of MASSIVE consolitis. I can't recall if it even recognized mouse in menus, but everything was clunky and based toward hammering "you should be using a gamepad" the whole time, which wasn't nearly as common back in 2003.

Someone dug into the config files and it turned out everything for proper KB+M play was in there, but commented out. They'd burned the wrong version of the file for PC release. But the damage was done.

Also, someone who was key to developing the actual engine quit halfway through, so you have weird stuff like the game closing the .exe and opening a new one on area transitions. IW is just a deeply baffling game and it’s frustrating because it does some things really well, but you can tell the production was a complete disaster that definitely involved a lot of crying at work.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

SimonChris posted:

Hey, this has been on my wishlist for a while. I actually just bought this and XCOM Chimera Squad, so I can give a short review or something later.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Word on it in these forums is pretty sparse - any takes on the final build of Iratus, releasing today?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
TROUBLESHOOTER is out of EA for those that were waiting (such as myself).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Awesome! posted:

i liked invisible war when i played it as a kid on my xbox with no context for what a deus ex game was. i want to play through it again at some point and see if i still like it.

e: it even seems to be in my steam library somehow
sokpop basically is a collective that gamejams like crazy. their stuff is limited in scope, given that they complete games every 2 weeks, but it's also very polished, considering that they complete games every 2 weeks

i got a free sokpop game or two from itch.io's stay-at-home thing. the train one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Memnaelar posted:

Word on it in these forums is pretty sparse - any takes on the final build of Iratus, releasing today?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Iratus just came out and I'm really digging it. Definitely easier than Darkest Dungeon but the amount of fiddling you can do with your minions opens up a lot of builds. Plus all the titties. I never knew there was so much cleavage in necromancy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

drat horror queefs posted:

TROUBLESHOOTER is out of EA for those that were waiting (such as myself).

I clicked through because I was like “oh, I was planning on buying that when it hit full release!” only to see it’s been in my library for months. STEEAAAAM. :argh:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

I messed around it for some 40 hours in EA, really wanted to like it but I just found that the core game idea doesn't work. It's darkest dungeon but all your dudes are faceless mooks that you can replace with what would normally be junk loot so it just feels like there's nothing at stake.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also, someone who was key to developing the actual engine quit halfway through, so you have weird stuff like the game closing the .exe and opening a new one on area transitions. IW is just a deeply baffling game and it’s frustrating because it does some things really well, but you can tell the production was a complete disaster that definitely involved a lot of crying at work.

I've never managed to finish DXIW but you loving what now? :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I've never managed to finish DXIW but you loving what now? :popeye:

Yep. It’s why it has a freak out and crashes on loading screens so easily on modern hardware. Various things don’t play nice with the ionlauncher.exe it runs in the background to reboot the game.