Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Thanks for opening up, I brought some extra furniture and left it behind your town hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Nope!

But lemme get in on that.

Sorry but I have a migraine so I'm probably going to bed early instead of staring at the sky hoping something happens, let alone inviting others to do the same

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Horror themed towns you could visit in the Dream Suite could feel like they were trying too hard, but it was still nice being able to actually visit them in-game and not just have to watch a video of someone going through the town or the maker just doing a tour themselves and posting pictures of what they've created.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1253490993543798785
:ussr:

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Nondevor posted:

glassyalabolas, I have the pear box in my storage if you want to stop by and catalog it! If you could bring the orange one that'd be neat. My island's open with code 277K2

Could just be network stuff/the amount of noise going on when spamming A, haha. I heard the instruments overlapping on my end at least!

Synth/keyboard sounds good - I sent you a Switch friend request so I can send you a drum kit directly, if you want.

All done! Thanks! I guess if you've ordered a bajillion floor lights it might have to wait a day?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Nah, all good. Sending gifts to people is 2x a day per friend(!), and it's separate from the 5 we can order for ourselves. Just mailed you the drum set.

e: also mailed the labeled cardboard box to glassy

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 24, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The main purpose of the Dream Suite in New Horizons is the ability to explore islands without 7 other people coming and going.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Dream Suite lets people visit a "dream" version of your town. Basically you take a screenshot of your town as it exists right then and it goes on Nintendo's servers, and then anyone else can visit that snapshot. You don't have to be online or playing for them to visit, it's totally asynchronous. However, since it's a dream, visitors can't take anything or do anything meaningful. It's just a way to show off the cool town you made without needing to actually open your gates and invite people.

It would be even better in this game since there's so much more customization you can do.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Bean posted:

7DJD8 but don't feel obligated.

I left some stuff behind the Cranny for you. Glad you were open! I like the flower arrangements you've got going. Definitely the most coherent island I've been to.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Nondevor posted:

Nah, all good. Sending gifts to people is 2x a day per friend(!), and it's separate from the 5 we can order for ourselves. Just mailed you the drum set.

e: also mailed the labeled cardboard box to glassy

Wait, did you special order it? Because I got it just now... Is that a possible way to get stuff quickly? :ninja:

Emotional Pancake
Apr 17, 2020

Nondevor posted:

Start 1/2 of a Kiki’s Delivery Service outfit with these giant ribbons!

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw them in the shop! Here's my wand transformation for Kiki.

https://twitter.com/hherpderpp/status/1253500285713956864?s=19

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Yep! If you order through the catalog and send it to a friend, the other person receives it immediately. It's also immediate if you mail a postcard from the airport and attach a gift, so you can technically send 4 items a day to somebody.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

The Halogens posted:

I left some stuff behind the Cranny for you. Glad you were open! I like the flower arrangements you've got going. Definitely the most coherent island I've been to.

I also popped in and left some furniture. Thanks for staying open!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can we get this sheet added to the Animal Crossing Guide?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rbYbQ0i3SuTu30KTma5dO4uuJWr_SjOZXA1l4UOIHWo/

The genotype and datamining stuff seems interesting and helpful and has a bunch of other data not in the guide like what flowers you're guaranteed to have, info on visitor watering (visitors watering your plants can increase reproduction odds by up to 75%) and links to other info.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Xelkelvos posted:

(visitors watering your plants can increase reproduction odds by up to 75%)

what the gently caress

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Xelkelvos posted:

(visitors watering your plants can increase reproduction odds by up to 75%)

There's a dirty joke to be had here and I won't rest until we find it.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Ok, y’all, Friga the Penguin is handing out the DYI for Golden Seat! Have at it!

Dodo code: Closed

There are also some extra DYI recipes in the dump on the northwest side of town. Feel free to dig through and take what you want.

Sorry guys, I know this is a clusterfuck but I don’t know how long she’ll keep crafting and I’m afraid she’ll stop if I close the gates.

10 minute warning, folks. Gates close at 10:45 EST.

And we’re closed. Thanks to everybody who visited!

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 24, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Nondevor posted:

Yep! If you order through the catalog and send it to a friend, the other person receives it immediately. It's also immediate if you mail a postcard from the airport and attach a gift, so you can technically send 4 items a day to somebody.

Oh, that's handy! :)

Axel is my biggest fan.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

YggiDee posted:

I didn't realize that villagers would grab the custom clothes from Able's but I woke up this morning and they're all dressed as Krillin.

I need to see what this looks like. I might even need to get the outfit code.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Xelkelvos posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rbYbQ0i3SuTu30KTma5dO4uuJWr_SjOZXA1l4UOIHWo/

The genotype and datamining stuff seems interesting and helpful and has a bunch of other data not in the guide like what flowers you're guaranteed to have, info on visitor watering (visitors watering your plants can increase reproduction odds by up to 75%) and links to other info.

Yup it's already in there under Flowers -> recommended articles, but I highlighted it a bit more. Also it's a google doc so you can add to it directly -- you can check what I wrote and see if there is a better way to highlight it or if there is info you'd like to pull out for the guide!

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.
Looks like someone’s on their way here.

Who needed a left megalo side and the anime autograph cards? I can bring it to you or you can come to me if I am ever able to leave the town I’m in. Or tell me your player names bc I think I just live in this town now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TwoSheds posted:

Sorry guys, I know this is a clusterfuck but I don’t know how long she’ll keep crafting and I’m afraid she’ll stop if I close the gates.

I'm always surprised when I come running for a cool recipe and then everyone else does too, lol

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

This guide makes me feel pressured to make perfect flower plots like I did in NL. Is it truly worth the effort to plot out 7x7 grids of flowers? Will my efficiency plummet if I do small versions of the fancy plots? What do I do with my life?

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.

TwoSheds posted:

Thanks for opening up! I expected a rush, so can’t complain.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

The Halogens posted:

I’m the husband with the island and I’m just now getting to the thread, so thanks!

Also I’ve found the same number of bell bags on the back hill of the island as went missing so if some kind goon here left them, you didn’t need to do that but thank you.

Otherwise, maybe somebody moved them and they never got stolen? Seems an odd thing to do but possible I guess.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

broken pixel posted:

This guide makes me feel pressured to make perfect flower plots like I did in NL. Is it truly worth the effort to plot out 7x7 grids of flowers? Will my efficiency plummet if I do small versions of the fancy plots? What do I do with my life?

Animal Crossing is a game you play at your own pace. If you absolutely, positively, need all of the flower colors now, then the various guides and charts are your best bet. If you want nature to decide and just need some info on how to steer, just look up the pairing guides

stuff like this

is derived at a level of computational modeling that's above and beyond a casual player's need, but it can be convenient. Of course to really maximize efficiency, you need 5 Visitors watering your flowers each day/generation to mostly ensure everything reproduces.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Patch change I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet: the decal on my locker looks lovely now!

Before

After

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Can I just pay Leif to breed flowers for me, this is crazy

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else thinking of making a hedge maze at some point? Not sure what 'fun' thing to put in the center

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Animal Crossing is a game you play at your own pace. If you absolutely, positively, need all of the flower colors now, then the various guides and charts are your best bet. If you want nature to decide and just need some info on how to steer, just look up the pairing guides

stuff like this

is derived at a level of computational modeling that's above and beyond a casual player's need, but it can be convenient. Of course to really maximize efficiency, you need 5 Visitors watering your flowers each day/generation to mostly ensure everything reproduces.
I'm thinking I'm going to trim them and use one of the emptier areas to push it. If I was evil, I'd open my gates and force them to water my flowers to gain entry for turnips/DIYs... though that still doesn't feel as bad as people charging mountains of NMTs to sell turnips.

Time to buy buy buy!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Can I just pay Leif to breed flowers for me, this is crazy

Buddy, you don't want to bring up flower breeding to Leif, believe me

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Are Mystery Islands the best way to farm gold nuggets? I found only one gold nugget in 8 islands today. :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I do with Leif was someone who'd also buy flowers at increased price. Base flowers being 40 each is almost practically worthless and the high level hybrids (save for Blue and Gold roses) aren't really worth much either. Their only advantage is that they're perpetually renewing compared to fish or bugs, but even then, hybrid flowers can attact butterflies that are 10x more per flower

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stool Sample posted:

Anyone else thinking of making a hedge maze at some point? Not sure what 'fun' thing to put in the center

A bomb

Tick tock

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

I do with Leif was someone who'd also buy flowers at increased price. Base flowers being 40 each is almost practically worthless and the high level hybrids (save for Blue and Gold roses) aren't really worth much either. Their only advantage is that they're perpetually renewing compared to fish or bugs, but even then, hybrid flowers can attact butterflies that are 10x more per flower
the advantage of flowers is that they look good

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1253495611300741126?s=20

I thought it was my imagination when I wasn't seeing many peacocks after the patch.

This is rather kind of disappointing. I don't think I like them using patches to meddle with bell making methods. Not when turnips are insanely lucrative and honestly kind of tiring to deal with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dammit Blathers, what have you done this time :arghfist:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Did they just nerf the prices on tarantulas and scorpions, I take it?

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 24, 2020

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
80-90% is way too much of a nerf on the Peacocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Stool Sample posted:

A large bell rug.