Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Your sexiness cannot trick me, swamp creatures would wreck your poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

I like Vampires. Love big gothic estates, love decadent little eighteenth century dandies moping around. Dracula is strongly in the running for my favorite fictional character. Actually, let's do that.

Alphabetical Order:

Arthur Morgan
Dracula

It just dawned on me that its a crying goddamn shame we got the most boring dudebro cliche standalone expansion where John fights Zombies but we have yet to get a standalone expansion in the RDR2 engine where Dutch gets the gang caught up in a scheme to take advantage of this Eastern European dandy nobleman fella who wants to move boxes of dirt out west. Simple folk, easy mark. Trust me, boys, this last job will get us the money we need for Tahiti

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

Your sexiness cannot trick me, swamp creatures would wreck your poo poo

Oh good thank you I forgot that my beautiful husband Swamp Thing is actually my favorite fictional character.

If you haven't read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing then you're depriving yourself of the certified Good poo poo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

It just dawned on me that its a crying goddamn shame we got the most boring dudebro cliche standalone expansion where John fights Zombies but we have yet to get a standalone expansion in the RDR2 engine where Dutch gets the gang caught up in a scheme to take advantage of this Eastern European dandy nobleman fella who wants to move boxes of dirt out west. Simple folk, easy mark. Trust me, boys, this last job will get us the money we need for Tahiti

Lmfao I love you dean

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm glad people can play the Vampire RPG without accidentally funding white supremacy or whatever that dumbshit was about.

However, I liked the Palladium book representations better. Vampires are all part of cthulhu-like creatures' conspiracies so if you saw one, it wasn't like "yawn vampire, throw some garlic at it and it will go away" it was more "oh poo poo, we must've wandered into Lord Night's Murder Realm. We're hosed by sundown." And if they try to negotiate then you know something terrible is afoot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

What We Do In The Shadows vampires are basically just permanently embroiled in Real Housewifes of Christchurch levels of petty interpersonal machinisms so that takes up all their time

It's so loving great :allears:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Arthur Morgan blackout drunk bumbling through Castle Dracula with his dick and rear end hanging out oblivious to the three brides stalking him: "HAAAAARKEEEER!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Arthur: Dutch, the entire crew of the boat have been slaughtered and none of us know how to sail!
Dutch: Trust me, Arthur, I have a plan... I just need some money....

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Favorite Fictional Characters:

Oh drat this hard

Severian from Book of the New Sun
“Mad” Max Rockatansky
Captain John Boyd, Ravenous
McReady, The Thing
The Judge, Blood Meridian
Hannibal Lecter, basically any of it
Lauren Olamina, the Parable books
Bendis’s Daredevil
Moore’s Swamp Thing
Al Swedgen
Columbo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea ok posted:

nobody cares about this poo poo man, qcs is qcs

Yeah that's fair. I'll pay a cat tax for the sin of bringing that stuff into the chill thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sento and Banjo from Kamen Rider Build. I would fuckin love to hang out with those dudes.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

That cat has seen some poo poo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wouldn't mind petting that cat if i had my way of things

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Well there is that one vampire in RDR2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cat was lonely so he brought home a live rabbit. Thankfully the wife caught the act before he brought the vile thing in. It was not a small rabbit.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

coconono posted:

However, I liked the Palladium book representations better. Vampires are all part of cthulhu-like creatures' conspiracies so if you saw one, it wasn't like "yawn vampire, throw some garlic at it and it will go away" it was more "oh poo poo, we must've wandered into Lord Night's Murder Realm. We're hosed by sundown." And if they try to negotiate then you know something terrible is afoot.

And since they have a weakness to running water, Super Soakers are mega-damage weapons.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh but seriously I posted:

That cat has seen some poo poo.

(insert seeing me have sex with my gf here)

yea ok posted:

wouldn't mind petting that cat if i had my way of things

She is very weirdly afraid of people about 95% of the time and that even applies to me. She'll lay on me and I can pet her just fine, but if she's awake and about she is quick to scamper under the bed if I want to go pet her.

coconono posted:

Cat was lonely so he brought home a live rabbit. Thankfully the wife caught the act before he brought the vile thing in. It was not a small rabbit.

My ex-gf brought her dog (idk what breed it was but it was small and had curly hair so I wanna guess a maltese or a poodle of some kind) and my cat was like twice its size and still was terrified of it. Then like 4 months later I drop my cat off at a friends as I'd be going out of town for a week and my cat played with their Jindo (hunting dog a bit bigger than a shiba inu but a bit smaller than a golden retriever) all week.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 24, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pretty sure that cat is winking :3:

Xerzes posted:

Well there is that one vampire in RDR2

Not the same thing obviously but this made me remember that killing Klan members or beating the poo poo out of that racist peddling his bullshit in Not-New Orleans pointedly doesn't give you any honor penalty for doing so :allears:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My daughter is making TikTok dance videos in her room, and her new LED lights are flashing in time with the music. It looks like a loving light switch rave in my upstairs hallway.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

been pulling weeds from the flower beds in the yard, and it feels pretty good. ripped out so much fuckin Virginia creeper :radcat:

I think I want to take a day off doing that tomorrow, though, because I was using my hilariously delicate bare hands and I definitely feel a couple of ever-so-slight blisters forming

nothing debilitating, of course, but these are artisan’s hands—optimized for the most boring and forgettable white noise posting—and I’d be a fool not to take care of them

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
For favorite characters before Arthur Morgan I would probably say my favorite video game character would be Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend, mainly because his life philosophy of doing heroic stuff while others take the glory because I rather not have the attention and just be responsible for things going well.

Being in charge of operations of a DSA chapter has been motivating, but it sucks that for over a year the National Org has been trying to punish us for refusing to allow someone back in that we expelled

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So we're fight island now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Spoiler: It's a loving great show!

it's no The Wire

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Finally the MMA side of this subforum getting some global recognition!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

And since they have a weakness to running water, Super Soakers are mega-damage weapons.

We did a campaign where we talked the aztec god of rains into helping Pecos raiders push into old Mexico City. My love for PnP stuff has kinda waned over the years mostly because that was always a "little kid" thing to me. But I still collected a lot of supplemental materials because I am a weirdo.

For the record I've gotten past that looking down on thing. Do it if you love it, RPG weirdos are pretty harmless. I've thought about doing one of those online thingers like that one web show but its a good mix of anxiety and curmudgeoniness that talks me out of it.

Finished watching that Psybuster anime. Pretty good punchline finish. Then it does another episode that tells a helluva lot more entertaining story than we got in the loving show. Also homeboy didn't get his mom back, and was strangely cool about it??. Also that ending song has to be about getting pregnant. Which is what the gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This beautiful and wholesome thread seems like the perfect place to point out that this beautiful and wholesome show is coming back for a special episode:

https://twitter.com/parksandrecnbc/status/1253461556102197251

:hellyeah:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lid posted:

it's no The Wire
Trying to watch The Wire with prosopagnosia was incredibly difficult the first time I tried.

I have the series on Blu Ray. I should try again.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Wire is a superb show, arguably one of the greatest ever made. The Sopranos is also an incredible show, one of the best ever made. They can both be good!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Babylon 5, what the fuc

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm phone posting but did we get the forum renamed? :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yes, we're Fight Island now. It's real, it happened.

coconono posted:

Babylon 5, what the fuc

They didn't save the original cgi files so they haven't been able to do a remastered Blu-Ray release :smith:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

CobiWann posted:

My daughter is making TikTok dance videos in her room, and her new LED lights are flashing in time with the music. It looks like a loving light switch rave in my upstairs hallway.

I'd have loved to have grown up with easy access to trip cave technology. That sounds rad as hell.

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, we're Fight Island now. It's real, it happened.

They didn't save the original cgi files so they haven't been able to do a remastered Blu-Ray release :smith:

It was all made on a producer's Amiga. They can probably make it look not poo poo now. Like how planets in Star Trek TOS look rad on the blu ray releases.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never watched Babylon 5 in its entirety. I got 5 episodes into Season 1 and got distracted.

That was 10 years ago.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Season 1 is touch and go, Season 5 is not great but has a few good episodes. Seasons 2 & 3 are legit great, and season 4 is two seasons crammed into one because they were told they weren't getting a Season 5 until right before they began filming the final episodes of Season 4. It's breakneck compared to everything else. The spin off series does not need to be seen.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My dad was into it and I remember the finale where two guys who had, apparently in Season 1, swore they'd be responsible for each others death actually ended up mutually killing each other due to old age or maybe ailment? which was kinda nice of a payoff I guess?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

This beautiful and wholesome thread seems like the perfect place to point out that this beautiful and wholesome show is coming back for a special episode:

https://twitter.com/parksandrecnbc/status/1253461556102197251

:hellyeah:

On the one hand this is awesome but on the other 'shot from our homes' doesn't inspire confidence

At least it's for a good cause

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Mekchu posted:

My dad was into it and I remember the finale where two guys who had, apparently in Season 1, swore they'd be responsible for each others death actually ended up mutually killing each other due to old age or maybe ailment? which was kinda nice of a payoff I guess?

Here's the scene you're thinking of. It doesn't go quite as you remember it, but it's a real good scene chewing type scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwF5BBL26I

TTBF fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 24, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I can't even tell you how happy I am to have new Parks and Rec!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't watch it's always sunny after season 2 then watched the whole show over the last few days. almost cried to the mac dance performance piece and might have cried if i knew there was legit personal meaning behind it due to rob's entire family being gay except for his father. show has too many mines on the field to recommend just for that tho, if someone can't stand very awful people as characters whether they are on purpose or not. best left to p*ece of poo poo viewers such as meself