Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

OMFG FURRY posted:

gonna guess they have a pretty high ratio of airsoft guns

I don't think so. Those all look real to me, and they all look like they have at least basic training. I can't believe they were standing in broad daylight unopposed by even the police, nevermind the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a collection somewhere or like a compilation of the dumbest poo poo Trump has said?
I don't follow politics but my dad, who is generally an intelligent, rational person seems to be under the impression Trump is actually Quite Smart???

His friends email him lots of dumb poo poo.

E: oh and don't just say his Twitter, it needs to be readily digestible by a 72yo

Wutang-Yutani fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 24, 2020

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

I said come in! posted:

Does Trump probably have some sort of mental disability or handicap? There seems to be something wrong with him that prevents him from being able to think critically and self reflect. His thought process, behavior, the way he talks, and reacts to others, is on the level of a toddler. His intelligence is at least a 1st grader level, and I have to wonder why he hasn't been forced to have medical tests done while in office to determine that. All of his medical records should really be made public, I think people have a right to know if Trump is mentally incompetent.

He has behaved like a proudly ignorant narcissistic conman for his entire life and as a result was democratically chosen to hold the most powerful position in the world and has a massive cultlike following numbering in the tens of millions.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Is there a collection somewhere or like a compilation of the dumbest poo poo Trump has said?
I don't follow politics but my dad, who is generally an intelligent, rational person seems to be under the impression Trump is actually Quite Smart???

E: oh and don't just say his Twitter, it needs to be readily digestible by a 72yo

if your dad still likes trump you ain't gonna change that with some audio clips

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inept posted:

if your dad still likes trump you ain't gonna change that with some audio clips

Nah I've changed his opinion on things before, racism, etc
He just has idiot friends who email him cherry picked or outright fake poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

naem posted:

welcome to costco, I love you

I watched Idiocracy a few weeks ago, it had been years since I last watched that movie. The humor kinda holds up, but the homophobia made me really uncomfortable. :/ I forgot all of that was in there.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Wasn't all the homophobia coming from the complete imbeciles?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Find the timestamps in today's press conference of:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1253448500676898818
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1253455239044308993

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lilbeefer posted:

Wasn't all the homophobia coming from the complete imbeciles?

Yes, and I think you can read it as a critique of what modern day conservatives are like.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yes, and I think you can read it as a critique of what modern day conservatives are like.

Yeah but what about Japanese disguised James Bond. Turns out old movies often times aren't great but like I think that's the one where he goes into the volcano base and that's really neato.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Spinz posted:

Throat hurts a little suddenly (for a few hours now.) I've been extremely careful and only go on occasional walks but *sigh* it hurts so I would be extremely grateful to wake up without it tomorrow...

I had my monkey's paw on the table and when I read your post one of the fingers curled, so I think now you're going to wake up without a throat, sorry about that

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Does Trump probably have some sort of mental disability or handicap? There seems to be something wrong with him that prevents him from being able to think critically and self reflect. His thought process, behavior, the way he talks, and reacts to others, is on the level of a toddler. His intelligence is at least a 1st grader level, and I have to wonder why he hasn't been forced to have medical tests done while in office to determine that. All of his medical records should really be made public, I think people have a right to know if Trump is mentally incompetent.

Yeah he's a boomer

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Spinz posted:

Throat hurts a little suddenly (for a few hours now.) I've been extremely careful and only go on occasional walks but *sigh* it hurts so I would be extremely grateful to wake up without it tomorrow...
The best part about this whole thing is how exciting it's made my asthma and allergies.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Sure you did

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

which got changed to the Big Igloo,

Disturbing if true.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

QuarkJets posted:

Sure you did

No he's totally onboard with racism now.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I still cannot believe the how insane that trump asked doctors if they tried washing people lung with alcohol. Does he think that no one though of that ever in the history of humanity? I think that trump read(watched) to much YA movies or "in another world" anime were the protagonist does something really simple but no one though about it before.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Bleusilences posted:

I still cannot believe the how insane that trump asked doctors if they tried washing people lung with alcohol. Does he think that no one though of that ever in the history of humanity? I think that trump read(watched) to much YA movies or "in another world" anime were the protagonist does something really simple but no one though about it before.

He's the smartest person in whatever room he's in. Of course he thinks no one else thought of it before. He genuinely believes that any problem hasn't been solved is simply because he hasn't got round to it yet

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
"What if I inhaled a tanning bed?", thought no one ever.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Bleusilences posted:

He just watched a scientific special about it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Spinz posted:

That's how mine started. Had a day and a half of a super sore throat and then in the span of 2-3 hours I got a low-grade fever, chills, fatigue, and a productive cough that hasn't stopped since. A few days of that and I managed to get myself scheduled for a test, but my whole house has it now. I've got a few days to wait for my results, they go in for their tests tomorrow. Hopefully just a loving flu. Good luck.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Did Trump just tell his base to inhale bleach and rubbing alcohol? Because that's what I heard.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Did Trump just tell his base to inhale bleach and rubbing alcohol? Because that's what I heard.

He suggested they inject disinfectant directly into their lungs. I really want to believe nobody will do this.

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears

bird with big dick posted:

If corona made a blood clot in your thigh what would it feel like

It feels like someone pushing their erect penis head into your thigh

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Chocobo posted:

That's how mine started. Had a day and a half of a super sore throat and then in the span of 2-3 hours I got a low-grade fever, chills, fatigue, and a productive cough that hasn't stopped since. A few days of that and I managed to get myself scheduled for a test, but my whole house has it now. I've got a few days to wait for my results, they go in for their tests tomorrow. Hopefully just a loving flu. Good luck.

I had the exact same symptoms in February and it was just the flu, so fingers crossed for you both.

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Shaocaholica posted:

Did Trump just tell his base to inhale bleach and rubbing alcohol?

Just wait until he starts agreeing with the governor of Nairobi, Kenya that we should be sanitizing our throats with Hennessy (no don't do this):

https://twitter.com/citizentvkenya/status/1250066794066444290

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The most interesting thing about coronavirus is how it harvests nursing home patients and spares children

Almost like it was sent by natural selection

as a message

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Instead of reporting useless death numbers, maybe we should report years of life lost, adjusted by quality-of-life so that the 21st year of someone's life isn't considered equal to a year spent attached to several machines that do the work your organs would normally do

They could call it Disability Adjusted Life Years, or something like that. It could look like:

Deaths due to coronavirus yesterday in USA: 1000
DALY lost due to coronavirus yesterday in USA: 2032

Deaths due to auto accidents yesterday in USA: 50
DALY lost due to auto accidents yesterday in USA: 3000

FieryBalrog fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 24, 2020

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Also the onlyh reason why the number of new cases in the US have stabilized is because there is not enough test going around.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Neophyte posted:

"What if I inhaled a tanning bed?", thought no one ever.

lmao, oh poo poo. This hit hard for me, lol

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

“What if we built a giant autoclave, you’ll look into that, right,”

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
*Trump's internal monologue*

"Heh... and they still laugh at the picture of me looking up at the eclipse, but that was obviously the vaccine given to me years in advance."

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tuxide posted:

Just wait until he starts agreeing with the governor of Nairobi, Kenya that we should be sanitizing our throats with Hennessy (no don't do this):

https://twitter.com/citizentvkenya/status/1250066794066444290

Even if it's a good idea, that seems like one of the most expensive ways you could go about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If you know anyone who has studied medicine and they haven't seen today's presser please cue up the video, sit them down in front of the TV and record their reaction

https://twitter.com/briannawu/status/1253468203222814720?s=21

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Behold the "Leader of the free World" advocating injecting desinfect into your lungs.
Really this "man" has the mind of the sub-average 12-year old.

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Our ancestors created a fully functional economy and society, while smallpox raged killing 30% of the people it infected

Meanwhile, we are hiding in small cubes from a virus that kills 80 year old crones and the occasional younger fellow with uncontrollable leukemia

All hail advanced societies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
You know what's really irrelevant in this time of great plagues? Exercise, sunlight, and taking care of your mental health. That's why we need to weld people into their homes for the summer, so no one is tempted by the forbidden fruit.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FieryBalrog posted:

You know what's really irrelevant in this time of great plagues? Exercise, sunlight, and taking care of your mental health. That's why we need to weld people into their homes for the summer, so no one is tempted by the forbidden fruit.

Are you posting this from China? Otherwise you probably don't have to worry about being welded in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wutang-Yutani posted:

He just has idiot friends who email him cherry picked or outright fake poo poo.

My parents have taken the bold stand of ignoring Trump and the news, so they don't have to feel bad about voting for him again, because he makes them feel uncomfortable and gross. "it's gotta be better than a liberal though!" They also get very mad if you try to make them aware of anything he has said or done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veni veni veni posted:

My parents have taken the bold stand of ignoring Trump and the news, so they don't have to feel bad about voting for him again, because he makes them feel uncomfortable and gross. "it's gotta be better than a liberal though!" They also get very mad if you try to make them aware of anything he has said or done.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug