Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The Halogens posted:

Something off about her head. Not sure what.

I think her left eye is a bit too close to her nose. Moving it a bit further apart should help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The Halogens posted:

Been playing a lot of Sekiro and eating a lot of pizza lately.

Giant pizza cutter and pizza demon, love it :D

The Halogens posted:

I feel like the right eye (viewers right) is a bit too big - the pupil and iris specifically seem a bit too large, like they are bulging in comparison to the left.

I got some J Burrows alcohol markers recently which have a broad and thin tip (thin being like 1mm) and drew some stuff to get a feel. There were about 60 colours for $35 which seemed a bit cheap but so far I like the quality. The numbering system for the colours makes no sense to me at all. I figure it's selections from a larger set, but I've seen pictures from larger sets and colours with the same names have different numbers to this set...so yeah.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 23, 2020

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

my buddy Superfly posted:

This is great, you should feel great for making it.

ACNH's best power couple influencers deserve all our love and support.

Shinmera posted:

I think her left eye is a bit too close to her nose. Moving it a bit further apart should help.

TheMostFrench posted:

Giant pizza cutter and pizza demon, love it :D

I feel like the right eye (viewers right) is a bit too big - the pupil and iris specifically seem a bit too large, like they are bulging in comparison to the left.

Thanks for compliments and advice. You guys were both right after doing some fiddling with the piece.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

The Halogens posted:

Sorry to triple-dip here, but I would've gone with "mouth a bit too much to the (viewers) left". Which, I think it wouldn't be, if the lip-bow-crease under the nose slanted to the left. I'd prolly lift the mouth a bit while nudging it to the right, but that might be personal preference. Either way, I love her headdress and scarf!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I drew a fanart for a youtube series and then also made a bunny for my niece's birthday.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
I call this one "The Struggle".

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Sorry to triple-dip here, but I would've gone with "mouth a bit too much to the (viewers) left". Which, I think it wouldn't be, if the lip-bow-crease under the nose slanted to the left. I'd prolly lift the mouth a bit while nudging it to the right, but that might be personal preference. Either way, I love her headdress and scarf!

Don't be sorry at all, I'll gobble up all the advice I can. Thank you!

Cory Parsnipson posted:

I call this one "The Struggle".

We all know this struggle - Ray Romano the Cat disparages everyone.

I drew a fanart for a youtube series and then also made a bunny for my niece's birthday.

What series is this? Giant wood robot looks boss as hell.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I'm working on it

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

More April colours and Alphabet combo.

The prompt was combine your favourite animals. Sadly, most of my favourite animals don't start with F, so you get a Fox-fish.

And a flamingo.

G is for Grisaille, gardens and grenouille.

Frogs in ink.

Just add colour.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Hellbeard posted:

I'm working on it

There's a small man on that lizard. I want to know his entire life story and all the decisions that brought him to this point, on that wall, on that lizard.

Angrymog posted:

More April colours and Alphabet combo.

The prompt was combine your favourite animals. Sadly, most of my favourite animals don't start with F, so you get a Fox-fish.

And a flamingo.

G is for Grisaille, gardens and grenouille.

Frogs in ink.

Just add colour.

These are all nice. I like the G most of all. Them frogs is cute.

I've been in a funk lately. Tried to defunk myself by doing a timed drawing of another OC, a man whose only super power is to make everyone, including himself, believe he has an octopus for a head.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

That's pretty cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

First thing I've drawn in a hot minute. Having mixed feelings about it. Probably tweak a few things on it tomorrow. Definitely not unhappy with it, but I wish I had approached a few things differently.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Big fan of the monochrome machinery

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Tired: "I've turned my OC into an Animal Crossing player"
Wired: "I've turned my Animal Crossing player into an OC"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Nude study in gouache, 11" x 14" paper.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

The Halogens posted:

There's a small man on that lizard. I want to know his entire life story and all the decisions that brought him to this point, on that wall, on that lizard.

I've been in a funk lately. Tried to defunk myself by doing a timed drawing of another OC, a man whose only super power is to make everyone, including himself, believe he has an octopus for a head.

He's part of this elite hard hitter squad. It's very nice to see this detail evoke curiosity. I'm intrigued to find out about his life story too!

I like this cephalopod-head guy and the juxtaposition of mundane and extraordinary. What if you placed him in a developed background? Just an idea. It's something that I like to try sometimes.

Well- here's the drawing that I guess is finished.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keep thinking I got these out of my system and yet cyberelves it is.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hellbeard you are a master of the monochrome, these environments are evocative, kudos all around

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Brawnfire posted:

Hellbeard you are a master of the monochrome, these environments are evocative, kudos all around

Thank you. Maybe it's because I'm color-blind? I still feel there's something missing but it's hard to appreciate one's own work as another viewer would.

Edit: unfinished drawing in progress -

Hellbeard fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 28, 2020

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Jumping on the "hellbeard's monochrome dark fantasy works are evocative as hell and I want to read stories about them" train.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Keep thinking I got these out of my system and yet cyberelves it is.

A dope cyberelf

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

~ BAD END ~

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

The Halogens posted:

What series is this? Giant wood robot looks boss as hell.

That's the iconic character "Mokujin from Tekken" from the youtube series Half Life Self Aware AI!

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

I want to be friends with the pigeon lady.

Some portrait practice from pictures found on one of those free use photography websites. They were in neon lighting so it took away the fear of picking ~the exact right skin colors~. I felt good when I was painting it, but now that I see it again it looks so blurry and poorly blended.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Drew an orby boy.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I paid 97 bells for my turnips.

Tommy's gonna get it.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Messing around, thinking about doing another more complete drawing.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Frogs are cool ;^)

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

good night

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Haven't made time for art in a few weeks but today I did spend some downtime during work hours drawing a portrait of a crow! Micron pens on cheap printer paper.

Did you know birds have a 4th type of cone and can see a broader range of light than humans? I didn't. Birds are neat.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I am crossing so many animals.

This is Wendy and she is great and I love her.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I hate it when your favorite animals move away.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Presenting cow.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Just sketching without any particular goal. This is what came out so far. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

This is awesome.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I'm allowed to draw dogs again.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
Check out my juicy melons yall :wink:

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Cool style! The realistic animal crossing look works really well.

Presenting cow.

GUNDAAAAM

Hellbeard posted:

Just sketching without any particular goal. This is what came out so far. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

Wow, this is quite coherent for a sketch. Those orcs are gettin busted real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Agent S left me and I'm brokenhearted tbh