Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Even neoliberals are embracing the balk now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
does anyone know any good books about balkanization in the actual, like, balkans? i don't know much about it

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

animist posted:

does anyone know any good books about balkanization in the actual, like, balkans? i don't know much about it

things sitting on my ebook reader mostly untouched:

the balkans: a short history by mark mazower
a history of yugoslavia by marie-janine calic
postwar: a history of europe since 1945 by tody judt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

corgski posted:

Even neoliberals are embracing the balk now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im now against the balk after reading this blurb

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
People say that letting the South re-secede would be an unmitigated humanitarian disaster for the majority of black people, who mostly live in the South. This would be true.

This is why, once the humanitarian disaster begins, it would be a just casus belli to re-invade the newly seceded CSA and topple said government, installing a favorable regime.

EDIT: Spelling.

DrSunshine has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Apr 24, 2020

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reconstruction is unfinished business

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Zeno-25 posted:

Thanks, RutherFRAUD

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zeno-25 posted:

Harry Hayward was right

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

DrSunshine posted:

People say that letting the South re-secede would be an unmitigated humanitarian disaster for the majority of black people, who mostly love in the South. This would be true.

This is why, once the humanitarian disaster begins, it would be a just casus belli to re-invade the newly seceded CSA and topple said government, installing a favorable regime.

yeah I’ve noticed that the whole “oh you said gently caress the south? you must HATE BLACK PEOPLE” argument just kind of stops there instead of arguing for helping their situation at all. doesn’t help that the southern democratic establishment has proven themselves to be the most useless of a useless party

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

It also leaves out that will a lot of black people live in the south, there's also a lot of black people who don't!!!

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Man, every other state gets a hammer/sickle rework over their regular state flag and PA just gets Laos? It has horseys, and they're just, trashed. Boo.

Here's a proletarian PA flag, if you want one.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I love how lazy south Carolinas is. yeah gently caress it just put a hammer and sickle in the tree who gives a poo poo

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Agean90 posted:

I love how lazy south Carolinas is. yeah gently caress it just put a hammer and sickle in the tree who gives a poo poo

real missed opportunity to turn the moon into a hammer and sickle

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/FallOfChicago/status/1252248104134496259

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

We just need to honor the late Patrice O'neal's legacy by following his balkanisation plan, especially the part about turning Iowa into a big football stadium and using Idaho as the main source for slaves.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:hmmyes:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The United States of Wikifeet

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1253732976199942144

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

PipHelix posted:

Man, every other state gets a hammer/sickle rework over their regular state flag and PA just gets Laos? It has horseys, and they're just, trashed. Boo.

Here's a proletarian PA flag, if you want one.

Agean90 posted:

Indiana is just the same flag they have but red instead of navy

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

DrSunshine posted:

People say that letting the South re-secede would be an unmitigated humanitarian disaster for the majority of black people, who mostly live in the South. This would be true.

EDIT: Spelling.

:hai:

Also, set up some kind of Emancipation Proclamation so anyone who wants to flee the tyranny of the reformed Confederate states and seek freedom in the North will be welcomed with open arms and relief

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

"No!! You can't just give vote by mail to every single person!! That'll just make it easier to vote for the people I hate Noooooooooooo!!"

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

DrSunshine posted:

"No!! You can't just give vote by mail to every single person!! That'll just make it easier to vote for the people I hate Noooooooooooo!!"

haha mail merge go brrrrr

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr.Radar posted:

haha mail merge go brrrrr

all blue state governors should do this just to get Trump spun about fraud and the total power of the presidency.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Let the South secede then have a revolution there to establish the People's Republic of New Afrika

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1253751461772587008
Very earnestly want Ken Jennings to be the Prime Minister of Deseret (a position that obviously will have to co-govern with the president of the church)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he lives in seattle tho

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

he lives in seattle tho

As Brigham Young guided the wagon trains of the faithful out of Egypt and to the new Zion, so too will Ken J lead the pretty sizable WA state Mormon community to the American Jerusalem

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Accretionist posted:

Fault Line: Wealthy states subsidizing poor states.

From the NY Gov himself:

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1253358477415788548

Per capita, mississippi gets like $10,000 per person in (federal payouts - federal taxes), new mexico too

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Let the South secede then have a revolution there to establish the People's Republic of New Afrika

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well maybe after Balkanisation a added bonus is the US will create its own version of Slavoj Zizek

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

etalian posted:

Well maybe after Balkanisation a added bonus is the US will create its own version of Slavoj Zizek

im already here [sniff]

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

etalian posted:

we already have tons of slobs who can double fist hotdogs, we just need one who can talk Marxist and has allergies :hmmyes:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

im already here [sniff]

and so on...

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

etalian posted:

he lives in the united states now i think so im fairly sure he just brought the "curse" with him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXS2BJT2gtY

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Feldegast42 posted:

:hai:

Also, set up some kind of Emancipation Proclamation so anyone who wants to flee the tyranny of the reformed Confederate states and seek freedom in the North will be welcomed with open arms and relief

I for one welcome large-scale population transfers and the genocidal communal violence which will inevitably accompany them.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

according to wikipedia, of the 21 active state defense forces, only 7 have weapons training, and CA is one of them.

Apparently they've been activated to help with the covid-19 response. A couple colonels doing corona stuff:

i could have sworn i read up on state defense forces several years ago and got the impression they were a complete joke, but I guess some of them are more than 5 fat guys that stand around once per year lol. But they are small, and do look like they have a lot of old farts among the ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted: