Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tibalt posted:

Except bankrupting the USPS is going to be unacceptable for any Republican in Congress who has rural or older constituents, and Big Business isn't going to accept putting the postage rates in the hands of a vengeful Trump. So, uh... we will see.

Ha, like hell. The inmates have taken over the asylum like three times over at this point. Half of them are too stupid to realize that'd happen, the rest are too craven to care because they know their adherents will accept whatever they tell them without question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Dubar posted:

Remember that Georgia didnt issue a stay at home order until April because the governor didnt know that asymptomatic people could be contagious. I'm sure in these last three weeks he has improved the quality of information that he is working with

Right, but that was a transparent lie though. He and his advisors simply decided that was the least damaging explanation for his lack of action to that point.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do bleach cleaning advocates practice what they preach?

uuuuugh stupid libs and your LAMEstream media lies: trump didn't say "inject bleach" he only said that injecting bleach was a surefire instant cure that doctors were looking into.

no...that's seriously the defense

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No, they just inflict it on their autistic children

(Not making that up btw, Facebook has been great for humanity)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

It really is a vicious circle. Like idiots and grifters make up poo poo and the trump base believes it and than trump picks up on it and than he spews it in public and etc.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The best(?) part of Trump's bleach is a cure talk is the number of people who are discovering that there's a "drink bleach to cure all diseases!" movement out there that's been growing in the past several years.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Drinking bleach to own the hrrrrg glllllg ahhhhrg

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1253700045968494592

Of course Twitter won't do anything lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
not gonna lie, the entire planet mocking trump this morning for yesterdays briefings new low of stupidity is really putting a smile on my face

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The FDA has warned against use of Trump's previous miracle cure:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1253701478440632320

It's the same known side effects, but the FDA also notes that it doesn't show much if any effect)

Good thing he'll probably double down on the bleach poo poo and forget he ever hawked the other.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Twitter is run by a nazi if you somehow haven't learned that yet

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

not gonna lie, the entire planet mocking trump this morning for yesterdays briefings new low of stupidity is really putting a smile on my face

The best moment of his presidency was his first speech at the UN when they all laughed at him when he said his admin had done more than any other.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check you’re going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.

what the hell context makes this make sense

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel like the authorities should just be issuing disclaimers for literally everything Trump says regarding anything.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
We're like 2 "press conferences" >wipes lips with a disgusted expression< away from a quote like this:

"Well, why not just use your 2nd Amendment and shoot the virus away with a gun? Lay so the virus drains into the lungs then just shoot the lungs away with the 2nd Amendment! I know the Democrat 'doctors' might tell you not to point-blank shoot yourself in the lungs, but what have you got to lose? I might be doing it. I just might. Can we get a study on this?"

The NYT headline the next day:

"Presidential President Suggests Revolutionary Unconventional Therapy for Coronavirus, Leaving His Wicked Enemies Hopeless and Utterly Defeated, R'lyeh Cthulhu F'taghn YAAAAI! YAAAAIIII! YAAAAAIII! "

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Youth Decay posted:

Someone with some degree of medical knowledge explained to him that viruses were fairly fragile little bastards. He, being a man of very little brain, took us on a stream of consciousness adventure where he explored that idea in real time for the very first time. It's pretty common for a child to come to the conclusion we should fight diseases with soap and the like when they first hear that bacteria are easy to kill outside of a host. This is just that, but 70 and in charge of the most powerful and prestigious countr-hahahaha

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

If you haven't clicked on the freep thread in a while, there are some smart takes from conservatives:

quote:

Trump isn’t one to stand around and talk science fiction nor does he have a habit of letting his internal monologue just leak out. That seemed like he knows something and is setting up the press again.

quote:

Personally I found idea brilliant. It would be exceedingly easy to introduce UV light inside the lungs. Doctors are well skilled at inserting suction tubes, endoscopes, etc, down airways into the the lungs. How difficult could it be to insert a high intensity, heat shielded, UV LED attached to a endoscope inside each lung for a few seconds of treatment?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Hell At this point I can see trump saying go to hospitals and shoot anyone that coughs to get the economy open.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"nor does he have a habit of letting his internal monologue just leak out" is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Very rude of the media to record and broadcast the President wondering if you could inject disinfectants into a person

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ershalim posted:

Someone with some degree of medical knowledge explained to him that viruses were fairly fragile little bastards. He, being a man of very little brain, took us on a stream of consciousness adventure where he explored that idea in real time for the very first time. It's pretty common for a child to come to the conclusion we should fight diseases with soap and the like when they first hear that bacteria are easy to kill outside of a host. This is just that, but 70 and in charge of the most powerful and prestigious countr-hahahaha

someone show him this, it's on his level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLsONa3gKIQ

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

best part is he is gonna defend it today at some point.

Youth Decay posted:

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check you’re going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.

if they were smart, they would twist it into "he was being metaphorical or poetic/etc"

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Crain posted:

Ha, like hell. The inmates have taken over the asylum like three times over at this point. Half of them are too stupid to realize that'd happen, the rest are too craven to care because they know their adherents will accept whatever they tell them without question.
Because the inmates are running the asylum, they might let the USPS to stop delivering mail for two weeks nationwide (we're already at this point in certain areas). It was the same situation with shutting down the government to get The Wall.

But I want you to imagine every person over 65 calling their representatives sobbing about how they can't wait 6 to 8 months for the Social Security Administration to negotiate a deal with FedEx to deliver their check.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bubbacub posted:

If you haven't clicked on the freep thread in a while, there are some smart takes from conservatives:
Yes if there’s one thing we know about the man it’s that he never just says what is randomly in his head

Do these people live in another universe

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/yourauntemma/status/1253709491629174785?s=19

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Glumslinger posted:

No, they just inflict it on their autistic children

(Not making that up btw, Facebook has been great for humanity)

It is the opening stanza of this song from 1988 (the future):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

osker fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 24, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tibalt posted:

Because the inmates are running the asylum, they might let the USPS to stop delivering mail for two weeks nationwide (we're already at this point in certain areas). It was the same situation with shutting down the government to get The Wall.

But I want you to imagine every person over 65 calling their representatives sobbing about how they can't wait 6 to 8 months for the Social Security Administration to negotiate a deal with FedEx to deliver their check.

this. that everyone still gets packages from amazon and other places through USPS and poo poo.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I am sure sunburning the inside of your lungs is fantastic during a respiratory infection.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Kind of funny to see Trump embracing a new version of the tide pod challenge.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Everyone knows that lungs are just big balloons in your chest that you can stick a flashlight into and give a quick dose of UV radiation. Also the inside of your body is completely OK with getting hit by high intensity UV light like in that medical documentary the Fifth Element where high intensity UV causes the body to protect itself. Furthermore...

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I think the one thing I have enjoyed with Trump saying stupid poo poo about disinfectant and UV light is that a few Trump supporters I know are loving mad about having to defend what he says. Majority are just now falling back on “COVID is a hoax” or “just a flu”.

To them, Trump doesn’t fail, no matter what.

In sad news, my wife works for a company that houses people with severe mental disabilities, physical, etc. they’ve been on lockdown for a few weeks (staff staying AT the houses rather than going home and back). Some how, some way, COVID still found it’s way and 3 clients and 2 staff got sick. An older client, in his 70s, who was mentally about 12 years old, passed away Tuesday night. My wife used to work with this client years ago when she was fresh out of college - he would make drawings (stick figures) for her and little cut outs of birds. She said he was always happy to have visitors and was super energetic. Now his life was sniffed out due to Trump not taking this poo poo seriously.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1253701714923917312

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tibalt posted:

Considering we live in the timeline where politicians are openly telling people to just go ahead and die, I would be surprised if they just answer such calls with "you should have lived somewhere profitable/not relied on social security".

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

The best(?) part of Trump's bleach is a cure talk is the number of people who are discovering that there's a "drink bleach to cure all diseases!" movement out there that's been growing in the past several years.

I could have sworn there’s already a crazy fuckin group of people that advocated using bleach to curse diseases. Thanks for confirming in not imagining that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Romes128 posted:

I could have sworn there’s already a crazy fuckin group of people that advocated using bleach to curse diseases. Thanks for confirming in not imagining that.

I know there were some insane churches that were doing that, but idk how many people have been going "its worth a shot" without promoting

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's great that CNN and the rest of the media has to now talk for hours about DON'T DRINK LYSOL OR INJECT IT INTO YOUR BODY because dumbshit president rambled about it on live tv.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Youth Decay posted:

trump didn't COMMAND people to drink bleach" is all they have.

you're not agoggled that he suggested injecting disinfectant to cure the virus, you're super angry trump told everyone to inject bleach into their veins which HE DID NOT DO! ergo you're fake news.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Will no one rid me of these virulent lungs

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
A part of me wonders is the new Uv, lysol shtick is a way to distract the press from hammering him on the results of the Hydroxychloroquine studies. I would guess that constantly asking him about being wrong is one thing that will push his fragile ego to the breaking point.

He is really just looking to get into arguments with the press at these things so both his base can get their soundbites of liberals getting wrecked and the press can get click bait headlines about how dumb he is. He can milk this kind of conflict for at least a news cycle or maybe longer and not have to sweat being proven wrong about HydroQ.

I don't know if they have been getting under his skin, because I stopped watching like two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253719616603541504?s=21