Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hell yes time for some Twials of Mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Oh yes, mana time. Oh no, what party do I pick

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Erpy posted:

That was honestly the one thing I had been hoping they'd rebalance a bit.

Vanadys was absurdly, brokenly good in the original paired with Godhand or Wanderer. You could get a similar effect with Starlancer, but you’d have to give up multitarget healing for another class with a full screen tier 3 technique.

For most parties Vanadys was much weaker, though. I don’t know if we really have enough information yet to determine whether that’s changed.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Dackel posted:

Oh yes, mana time. Oh no, what party do I pick

http://robin64.co.uk/tomtjt/

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I forgot to ask if anyone has noticed: are combo finishers normalized across different classes or do they do they have different total multipliers? Hawkeye’s light-light-heavy combo seems really strong, but I don’t know if that’s just because it makes a bunch of numbers pop up.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Is there a site or wiki that’s collating everything we know about stats, class changes and high level move sets?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet :/

About to have a mad-steam-guy breakdown

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

my happy crew that's thankful for unofficial save transfer support (nightblade hawk's cape has physics and is fabulous)

.Ataraxia. posted:

Do tell... Is this from Switch to PC or something?

If you have some way of directly accessing saves on your Switch, you can transfer Switch <-> PC. PS4 saves are encrypted, but would otherwise work the same way.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 24, 2020

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
How are people up to level 40+ when the game has been out for a day?
One thing I will say is that I guess things will improve once you class change and open up more slots, but you sure are picking up a lot of marginally-useless abilities all the time for the fact that you can only equip two of them at once on each character.
I love the dumb voice acting in this game like the outrageous Southern accents that Gnome and all of the dwarves have.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Gyoru posted:

my happy crew that's thankful for unofficial save transfer support (nightblade hawk's cape has physics and is fabulous)

Do tell... Is this from Switch to PC or something?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone playing light Hawkeye? How are his spells this time around?

Also, what are the distinctions between Angela's light classes? They were kind of samey in the OG. I'm guessing her passives are going to be a bit more varied.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm also interested to see how they changed up classes that were weighted heavily towards the second or third tier — Angela's first Light class change is way better than the Dark ones but her third tier tended to go the opposite way.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone hating on Chawwotte is a sad person whose parents never let them watch Looney Tunes as a kid. Fite me

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone hating on Chawwotte is a sad person whose parents never let them watch Looney Tunes as a kid. Fite me

ewe awe satcha buwwyyyyyyyy

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Just don't get her started on Twom Bwaydy..

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How's the Switch performance of the release? I heard some grumbles about the demo; did any of that get fixed up?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Performance is fine, there can be a bit of slowdown when you're fighting a lot of enemies at once but that doesn't happen too often. Of course I don't know how it is compared to the Superior Platforms as I never really looked at them to begin with.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
PS4 issue was resolved as of this morning and I’ve been rolling with Hawkeye/reisz/Angela.

After the demo, the difficulty ramps a bit on hard. Nothing extreme but I’m actually using items now. I’m satisfied— just didn’t want it to be brainless.

I wonder if it’s safe to assume there’s a cactus in every zone and city? 50 is a lot. I’m at 4 or 5 up to Valsenia.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

ultrachrist posted:

PS4 issue was resolved as of this morning and I’ve been rolling with Hawkeye/reisz/Angela.

After the demo, the difficulty ramps a bit on hard. Nothing extreme but I’m actually using items now. I’m satisfied— just didn’t want it to be brainless.

I wonder if it’s safe to assume there’s a cactus in every zone and city? 50 is a lot. I’m at 4 or 5 up to Valsenia.

There's 1 in every city and some dungeons have 2. Eventually you unlock a cactus ability that shows you all chest locations on the map and how many cacti are in a zone

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Are there cacti in the zones you can't go back to?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im going full UwU with Reisz (meteorite) Charlotte (necro) and Angela (rune?) or should I swap out angela for the perpetually smiling boy

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im going full UwU with Reisz (meteorite) Charlotte (necro) and Angela (rune?) or should I swap out angela for the perpetually smiling boy

gandlethorpe posted:

Are there cacti in the zones you can't go back to?

Nah you can revisit all the zones he's in.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

carlies voice is so loving ridiculous in a way i love.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

*in a sinister voice* "don't underestimate... charwwote..."

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is there any way to get PS4 button prompts in the PC version?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I love that no one in the story really acknowledges Charlotte's, Kevin's, or Niccolo's peculiar speech patterns

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone playing light Hawkeye? How are his spells this time around?

Also, what are the distinctions between Angela's light classes? They were kind of samey in the OG. I'm guessing her passives are going to be a bit more varied.

Playing Ninja Master Hawkeye here. That path is pretty interesting. Unlike most spellcasters whose upgrades are increased AoEs, only Hawkeye's Shuriken actually works that way: Hawkeye fires multiple shurikens in a cone in front of himself (like Bil and Ben's version of Shuriken, except Hawkeye fires 5 or so shurikens at once). His other jutsus appear to target everyone in the given battle arena, much like how AoE spells worked in the original. Not only does this mean that Hawkeye can to a degree replace Fenrir Knight Riesz as a multiple-target debuffer (missing out on making the debuffs last for the entire battle), it makes it extremely easy to crowdclear and chain his jutsu spells (Ninja Hawkeye gets an ability that makes those spells increase in power when he consecutively casts one such spell over and over, and Ninja Master Hawkeye gets an upgraded version that makes him reach the peak faster) and it makes Ninja Master Hawkeye surprisingly good at dishing out some excellent damage, especially if he's hitting an elemental weakness (and he also gets abilities that increases his damage output if he hits an elemental weakness too) and especially if there's multiple targets.

EDIT: The + versions of Hawkeye's diversions also make enemy ninjas hell to go up against as I experienced while I was trying to farm for ??? seeds.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 24, 2020

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ufsNdXI4o

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
christ, zenova's a real kick in the balls.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Inflammatory posted:

christ, zenova's a real kick in the balls.

Top 10 Reasons I like having a Caster in Trials of Mana Remake: Exhibit 1

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Having Angela as the second party member, and her reaction to learning of the Fae is hilarious ("Oh thank god it's not me stuck with her").

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I am quite pleased with how much the bosses are kicking my rear end on Hard.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Welp, while I wait until Tuesday :rip: to get my copy from Rolante Amazon, I'll just theorize my team.

I'm planning to redo my first OG run team of Kevin/Angela/Hawkeye as Warrior Monk/Magus/Wanderer respectively. Hopefully this time around, I can really milk Leaf Saber for all it's worth. The only thing that worries me a bit is that it seems that some of the Wanderer skills were nerfed, like the magic immunity one only blocking one time. With how easy it seems to recast spells, though, maybe it won't be so bad as long as you can keep up the mp.

Anyone get a level 3 Angela class yet? How are the cast times for the big spells?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Game owns

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this man appears to be screeching uncontrollably at people who hate mana games while acting as though they're 99% of the jrpg playing population

legend is a little obtuse unless you dig into gamefaqs and i have seen negative opinions about it, but i'm not sure anyone at all actually hates secret or trials.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just beat the furnace and the ninja duo myself. I was looking forward to seeing how the de-facto "noob killer" bosses had been shaped up for the remake, and it appears they are still definitely that. I didn't lose, but I came close a few times, had to use a bunch of items despite packing Charlotte with the multitarget Healing Light. The traps on the sides of the arena and getting pushed into them gets dicey and you can get stunlocked into death, almost. I also like that the shape shifters are still level 12, that was funny.

Gonna take a short break before the ghost ship. I'm not looking forward to my team's EXP not being synchronized anymore if the mechanics there work exactly the same as before.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1253794759249784832

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm not even sure what I would want a Legend of Mana remaster to be, although I definitely want one.

Like, do you make the crafting simpler and probably boring, or do you lean the hell in and make it even more obtuse, detailed, and incomprehensible?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not even sure what I would want a Legend of Mana remaster to be, although I definitely want one.

Like, do you make the crafting simpler and probably boring, or do you lean the hell in and make it even more obtuse, detailed, and incomprehensible?

keep it the same but make the game hard enough that you actually have to engage with the systems at least on the surface level. obviously nothing outside of potentially an optional hard mode should require you to go through 50 step coin-crystal-thorns forges, but with monsters, golems, instruments, etc. you should feel underpowered if you try to play it as a solo punch-mans game so that people don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So was LoM basically an open world game before it was popular or refined, or what?

Why's he so cute?!