Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1253735630552662017?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

In case there was any doubt: don’t inject bleach or expose yourself to UV light. All UV light causes cancer, especially UVc lights which are the ones usually used for decontamination, we usually never get exposed to those, they are filtered out in the atmosphere where the ozone layer is intact.

Have a few days off now that they cut my hours. Going to emulate my cat:

All ER’s in the region are now staffed with fewer doctors and nurses than before covid so the second wave will be a doozy.

a fuckin pillow with legs wanna pet that cat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Which makes it looks like a success if you ignore things like US testing capacity not dramatically improving this month.

Also having a consistent ~30k new cases each day means the total case count in going up by 900k a month and I'm sure the real population under the radar real new infection count is probably
a order of magnitude higher.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

getting a high and tight to own the libs

dew worm has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Apr 24, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

oh it’s a white supremacist barber shop

its in a very wealthy part of atlanta that's a ton of old money

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Which makes it looks like a success if you ignore things like US testing capacity not dramatically improving this month.

Also having a consistent ~30k new cases each day means the total case count in going up by 900k a month and I'm sure the real population under the radar real new infection count is probably
a order of magnitude higher.

I know at least a dozen people who had covid symptoms, didn't get tested, and are just hoping it's gone. The sheer amount of people who have had it is probably much much higher.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I have bad news, mypillow guy has failed us

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/22/1939453/-Trump-s-MyPillow-buddy-getting-75-000-to-make-masks-he-can-t-produce

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

2k deaths a day in perpetuity to own the libs

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol Iowa is going to open up their farmers markets.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
bleach isn't contagious, so really telling chuds to drink it is just harm reduction.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

whoops

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

oh it’s a white supremacist barber shop

LIBERTY OF DEATH :unsmigghh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zberan Madowinty posted:

I know at least a dozen people who had covid symptoms, didn't get tested, and are just hoping it's gone. The sheer amount of people who have had it is probably much much higher.

The story of the Aircraft carrier and Captain Crozier who did nothing wrong was pretty interesting.

They basically did 100% testing for the whole carrier crew after the pandemic broke out and found a large percentage of cases had no or mild symptoms.

Not exactly a accurate representation of the US population but a good example how easy it easier for CV to stay under the radar especially for people who had the milder immune system response.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1253740922153689089

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

someone should tell trump about reactive oxygen species and just to breathe them in

"first off, it's oxygen. how bad can it be? im not a doctor, listen, im just saying, i have a good you know what"

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Ebola Roulette posted:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633 Roni 51,069

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

knocking suicide out of the top 10 is deth krew af

rona is a real one, more and more people are saying this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Big shout out to the governor of Georgia in helping corona virus kill hundreds of thousands more people.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"...i was looking at you when I said it."

"I wasn't here yesterday."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1253740216277504000?s=20

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol if you didn’t see this Trump response coming you haven’t been paying attention (but we here at cspam have been)

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Al-Saqr posted:

Big shout out to the governor of Georgia in helping corona virus kill hundreds of thousands more people.

I was born in, grew up in, and finally left West Virginia after 29 years last year and somehow moved to an even worse state.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

seattle plague rat posted:

knocking suicide out of the top 10 is deth krew af

not if trump has anything to say about it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lol if you didn’t see this Trump response coming you haven’t been paying attention (but we here at cspam have been)

the next step is he will double down on it tomrrow

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ahahahaha

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1253732003830169601

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Holy poo poo

There are people still doing ((()))?

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

FizFashizzle posted:

someone should tell trump about reactive oxygen species and just to breathe them in

"first off, it's oxygen. how bad can it be? im not a doctor, listen, im just saying, i have a good you know what"

https://youtu.be/DL7-CKirWZE

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Plank Walker posted:

not if trump has anything to say about it

yah didnt think about the uptick from press conferences

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
"accidents" is such a stupidly broad category, like does that include everything from car crashes to heroin overdoses to sticking a fork in an outlet?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1253736393920126977

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

cleansing party let's rage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello im guilty of doing this in the past too but i dont think you should call Trump retarded

People with mental retardation are possibly nice, well meaning people, and its not fair to lump them in with Trump IMO

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

joke's on you fake news I was only acting like my brain was a slab of greenland shark meat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nodelphi posted:

In case there was any doubt: don’t inject bleach or expose yourself to UV light. All UV light causes cancer, especially UVc lights which are the ones usually used for decontamination, we usually never get exposed to those, they are filtered out in the atmosphere where the ozone layer is intact.

There are real-rear end forms of light therapy where you try to kill bacteria by shining really bright blue light onto them, which have been reasonably successful and safe in mice.

But that's for bacteria and not viruses, so TRomP doesn't even get points for that.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

eonwe posted:

hello im guilty of doing this in the past too but i dont think you should call Trump retarded

People with mental retardation are possibly nice, well meaning people, and its not fair to lump them in with Trump IMO

My aunt was the coolest person and she was developmentally disabled, it always rubbed me the wrong way when people used it as a slur

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

The story of the Aircraft carrier and Captain Crozier who did nothing wrong was pretty interesting.

They basically did 100% testing for the whole carrier crew after the pandemic broke out and found a large percentage of cases had no or mild symptoms.

Not exactly a accurate representation of the US population but a good example how easy it easier for CV to stay under the radar especially for people who had the milder immune system response.

Did they ever go back 2 weeks later and retest to see how many without symptoms developed them later?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CORN.

NUTS.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/1253738670915493890
https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/1253744442105790465

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

etalian posted:

It's also not fair to use a snapshot to say what percentage of people get symptoms, though. Who knows how many of the people with no or mild symptoms just hadn't developed them yet. You'd have to follow up a couple weeks later to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1253745293243363328
Thems some wild numbers