Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

for u it was the purge

but for me it was tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3sEVVVTVo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Watching North by Northwest to prep myself for a future of inhaling cartons of cigarettes and bourbon and IMO the best thing about mid century culture is all the chrome and green marble

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1253768462876508171?s=20
Cool!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

imagine having read cspam for years and thinking that a CNN clickbait piece about how “young adults” aged 40+ are having strokes or whatever is something you should stress over and lash out at your loved ones for

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

imagine having read cspam for years and thinking that a CNN clickbait piece about how “young adults” aged 40+ are having strokes or whatever is something you should stress over and lash out at your loved ones for

its the constant bombardment followed by the rosy pronouncements from US officials that are like oh its almost over

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

edgy yet dull

impressive

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

this is why the mudokons in oddworld get the mouths sewn shut

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shovelbum posted:

its the constant bombardment followed by the rosy pronouncements from US officials that are like oh its almost over

the constant bombardment is self inflicted, again don’t read cspam for a couple days there is no important news you will miss out on or anything worth causing this much stress in your home over

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

pretty hosed up they make them catch the meat with their mouths

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Admiral Ray posted:

this is why the mudokons in oddworld get the mouths sewn shut

it's drat near impossible to get the good ending in those old games because the pc port still has the playstation save system

some of the funniest games of all time though

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah you can contract trace all of that to the mirror and/or McDonalds

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Lol at the South changing the laws on liability to be pandemic-proof like that will make the virus go away

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

sincx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTuBxBB4zp8

just look at this guy

talking with a cig in his mouth

edit: wow judging by his furious puffs, it looks like he wasn't able to smoke on the train

what kind of two-bit dictator can't even smoke on his own train?

A dictator who cares

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Animal-Mother posted:

it's drat near impossible to get the good ending in those old games because the pc port still has the playstation save system

some of the funniest games of all time though

yeah this was one of the nice things about the 2017 remake. game is still hard as gently caress

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah this was one of the nice things about the 2017 remake. game is still hard as gently caress

ars runs these long vids w/game devs my darling idiot programmer children always send me & the best one is w/the oddworld dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7f0YtzWBG4

but lol @ 20mins of nerdtalk, i skipped around

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is what happens when despair is fetishized and any earnest cautious optimism is met with "shut the gently caress up, liberal"

shut the gently caress up liberal

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:smugdon:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Mayor Dave posted:

Yikes dawg probably not worth it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah! posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal

Sir, your monitor...it's off

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

shovelbum posted:

shovelbum my dude you are depressed, and when you're in that state the catastrophizing comes as easy as breathing and you tell yourself, "this is just pragmatism and honesty, totally reasonable." This is 100% normal and happens to all of us. It's okay to feel that way, and it's okay to react poorly to it. What you should do is focus on the precious few things you can actually control in your life, and do whatever it takes to practice self-care. You know more than enough about covid now to manage your daily life while minimizing exposure, there is no need to keep mainlining this thread which is specifically about staring into the abyss. Do something escapist and fantastical.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
this thread is for professional abyss starers only

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey

So when is the us hitting the big 1M cases?

gregday
May 23, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hey

So when is the us hitting the big 1M cases?

Monday

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1253772145055973377?s=20
The president is going to have one hell of a meltdown may

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Probably 1/3rd of this thread for at least a month has reacted to any mildly optimistic news with "this is all lies. Hope is a lie. Statistics and antibodies and vaccines aren't real. We are all going to die horrible deserved deaths at the hands of our glorious goddess coronachan."

The other 1/3rd occasionally unearths interesting info a day or two before most other places report it. The last 1/3rd is just pure, uncut, top grade memes and shitposting.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

shovelbum posted:

i screamed at my wife that caring about peoples feelings at all in the pandemic is american exceptionalism and why we have shown zero curve flattening and i kept doubling down and down on it

Well, you're not wrong. My aunt & uncle got the virus because they were checking in on a (now deceased) elderly neighbor who had it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

seattle plague rat posted:

ars runs these long vids w/game devs my darling idiot programmer children always send me & the best one is w/the oddworld dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7f0YtzWBG4

but lol @ 20mins of nerdtalk, i skipped around

this guy is an insane piece of poo poo chud btw

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

:chaostrump:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I loving knew I should’ve been a divorce attorney

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1253767794056990730?s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mrmcd posted:

Probably 1/3rd of this thread for at least a month has reacted to any mildly optimistic news with "this is all lies. Hope is a lie. Statistics and antibodies and vaccines aren't real. We are all going to die horrible deserved deaths at the hands of our glorious goddess coronachan."

The other 1/3rd occasionally unearths interesting info a day or two before most other places report it. The last 1/3rd is just pure, uncut, top grade memes and shitposting.

i'll take the doom posting over the bullshit optimism or 'bad news doesn't help anything' posts in every other corona thread across the entire internet

holy loving lol people just straight up cannot fathom or handle the fact that their life has completely changed and may never go back to the way it was before

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just thinkin’ about stuff....things

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

you didnt need those eyes or skin anyway

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I decided to cave and buy Chimera Squad and a character was advocating against a curfew.

I now understand what people mean by crack ping.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oh my god please yes let's install skin cancer machines at the entrance of every building and in every bathroom

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

As an artist, our income is usually dependent on specific peoples' patronage; most of us aren't getting a paycheck. If the economy has any problems, we feel it, usually pretty early on, and there's no way to express the problem because of the nature of how we make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

you also get a sun tan!

these morons have no idea about intensity and strength. you need hours of UV light to kill the virus. something you walk through in a second would blister and burn your skin like looking at the reactor in chernobyl