Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
LR spirit bomb goku is so good at ki. 24s left and right without anyone else to make rainbow orbs for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

LR spirit bomb goku is so good at ki. 24s left and right without anyone else to make rainbow orbs for him.

Him with the movie support Super Saiyan Gohan is amazing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's also got the best KO Screen in the game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epC6JfRKcAY

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I was kinda hoping that they would have Buu jump in someone's mouth as an Active Skill. They let Goku crash through people's chests in one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm genuinely hype for this new Buu card and they used a scene I don't see portrayed a lot in games, that's shits dope

They also come with new categories too, "Special Pose" for Gotenks and "Majin Power" for Buu, both 4+ Ki leads and dual Leader skils (Youth and Artificial Life Form, respectively). it's a shame we gotta wait like 7 months, rip.

EDIT: Oh poo poo, the awakenings for Skinny Buu, Teq Kid Trunks, and Int Goten are also loving nuts jesus christ

Rudoku posted:

I was kinda hoping that they would have Buu jump in someone's mouth as an Active Skill. They let Goku crash through people's chests in one.

Look we're probably gonna get a new dedicated Super Buu card so this isn't off the table, but also... idk how the hell they would do that animation.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 23, 2020

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
LR spirit bomb goku with a medicore rotation (linked with the PHY father-son trunks and a rando orb changer) dropped a 98m 24ki on the punching bag event.

So close.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gotenks has the best moves in DBZ.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Skinny Buu Awakening gives him +150% and another +150% for 7 turns. I've had him with 4 dupes just waiting for this day.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Special Pose category looks so awful. Usually bad categories like that are given to like a F2P character or someone from OG Dragonball.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Finally finished the AGL Super Vegito EZA. Honestly don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't gotten the LR TEQ Broly some time back. I feel the same to a slightly lesser extent in regards to LR INT Cell, who continued to just soak damage well after he stopped dealing it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

LOL @ Majin Power category

https://dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com/wiki/Majin_Power

It's literally just Buu, Uub, and Andriod 21....

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand how Majin Vegeta and Dabura aren't on the category, like what the hell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The lack of consistency in the categories is the worst part of Dokkan

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Captain Baal posted:

I don't understand how Majin Vegeta and Dabura aren't on the category, like what the hell.

Or those two trash humans you constantly get from friend pulls.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or those two trash humans you constantly get from friend pulls.

Legend says that if anyone speaks their names out loud, they'll get an LR card. Joines Forces, Majin Power, their Ultra Super Attack is busting you with that energy stealing jar they used on Gohan.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
There's just way too many categories now. The lack of consistency is inevitable when they're just churning out a new category every month or two to get people to roll on new category leaders and supports.

Hell, all the Buus already shared Transformation Boost and Artificial Life Forms, plus almost all of them have Majin Buu Saga, all the Fat and Kid Buus have Resurrected Warriors, and so on. Though I've found it difficult to use the Buus in other categories because most of them have basically no ki links, and it doesn't seem like the new lead does much to fix the category's ki shortage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

categories are cool and good

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

categories are cool and good

Yeah, but they're starting to bloat the game. Especially when they keep putting out the same 12 characters in a loop.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

we're getting cool characters and super attacks from dragon ball z dokkan battle, the game about dragon ball

they're not going to make a dokkan fest about chiaotzu

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they're obviously saving a new jiren and UI goku for an lr dual dokkanfest for like 350m downloads or something

all the idiots who want to see moro's dumb rear end in this game are bad and wrong

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aurora posted:

they're obviously saving a new jiren and UI goku for an lr dual dokkanfest for like 350m downloads or something

all the idiots who want to see moro's dumb rear end in this game are bad and wrong

They seem very reluctant to add in stuff from Super for non-anniversary things. They still have barely dipped into Heroes, or the Saiyan Saga, or really a lot of the Buu saga.

Main Paineframe posted:

There's just way too many categories now. The lack of consistency is inevitable when they're just churning out a new category every month or two to get people to roll on new category leaders and supports.

Hell, all the Buus already shared Transformation Boost and Artificial Life Forms, plus almost all of them have Majin Buu Saga, all the Fat and Kid Buus have Resurrected Warriors, and so on. Though I've found it difficult to use the Buus in other categories because most of them have basically no ki links, and it doesn't seem like the new lead does much to fix the category's ki shortage.

The new lead gives 4 ki instead of 3. That helps, albeit a little

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do think that making Dokkan Fests of like more relevant DBZ characters who don't normally get them would be good no matter what. Like the Piccolo and 17 Dokkan Fests are a good example of them dragging their feet on big special cards like that for relevant characters people like a lot and it took way too long between like the myriad of Vegito Blues and Brolys we've had, just as an example. Conversely, a character getting a few dokkan fests shouldn't disqualify them for redos because like... a lot of the Buu cards just kinda suck or aren't very fun to use and it's not fair to that character that they keep releasing good villain cards for other villains yet every time a new Buu card comes out it's not very good and he's just left hanging until they decide to go at him again. Thankfully they seem like they finally figured it out with the new one, so hopefully that won't be as much of an issue now.

Regardless there should be dokkanfests of some chars that don't have them still and might never see them, but some of the characters do have really good LRs like Nappa and the Androids which do help mitigate that I think. Characters like Raditz, the Ginyu Force (These guys have bad LRs, give them real cards that do something and not F2P ones please), Krillin, The Universe 6 Saiyans (Though I think Cabba would be worse at selling a banner than the others), Champa, a new Fused Zamasu, new Ultimate Gohan, God Toppo, some DB chars, and various characters from other things. It's already been noted how so many movie villains are still missing out on cards. Hell, it's stupid they had the Fighterz poo poo going on and that's probably the only time when we're gonna get an Android 21 when that character can absolutely sell an entire banner on her own. It's really obnoxious how they feel they MUST go back to this well of characters to keep making all of the money, though when you look at the banners of non-saiyan characters it's really easy to see why they don't since those banners don't hit top grossing very often (I think the new Beerus in JP is the first time a non-saiyan banner got it over there).

What they should definitely do though is do a dual dokkanfest for Mr. Satan who transforms into Super Satan and Beavis, hire me Akatsuki/Bamco.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Aurora posted:

He's gonna be in the new anime season and in every game pretty soon.

And the thing is whenever they make a non Sayian dokkanfest they make the banner not enticing at all.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aurora posted:

we're getting cool characters and super attacks from dragon ball z dokkan battle, the game about dragon ball

they're not going to make a dokkan fest about chiaotzu

Why the gently caress not?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

An LR Chiaotzu+Tien card where you use your U.Super and Chiaotzu self-destructs, with Tien taking over in the fight, would rule.

Aurora posted:

At least his story arc will probably have a better ending than the Zamatsu one did.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sassassin posted:

Why the gently caress not?

Because it won't sell?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Categories are good, but I'd really like more content that allowed me to use all of these different categories. I can only beat up Piccolo so many times to try and get closer to rank 999 (only at 921) to use up my daily stamina, and occasional new dokkan fest can be defeated pretty easily by any category team. I think it would also help if a lot of these categories didn't overlap (Worthy Rivals is basically Vegeta's family with friends).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a neat cape posted:

Because it won't sell?

Give a new Chiaotzu his SR's all stun skill and the type of people who spend money on this game will spend money on it.

Also a Yajirobe who chops saiyan tails off tia.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

At least his story arc will probably have a better ending than the Zamatsu one did.

zamasu was a fun villain and moro is just a retread of like every previous dbz villain

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jiren is cooler than moro

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Aurora posted:

zamasu was a fun villain and moro is just a retread of like every previous dbz villain

Zamatsu was fun until he went though 49047 forms and "oh he's beaten wait lol jk nope" retreads until they had to just erase him and his reality after wasiting multiple better finishers including Trunks doing a goddamn spirit bomb sword attack that would've wrapped up Future Trunks' character arc far better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This sounds more like an issue to have with Super being a messily written series than Zamasu as a character, compared to Moro who is a vacuum of charisma

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

This sounds more like an issue to have with Super being a messily written series than Zamasu as a character, compared to Moro who is a vacuum of charisma

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I almost held on but I said F it and spent 100 stones on this banner when I knew it was a bad idea. First multi INT 18; second STR SS2 Trunks, Kaio Ken SS Goku and PHY Thouser. All dupes. Any banner with that many features is always a trap.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Data download for Global. Majin Vegeta and SS2 Angel Goku are coming next.

Don't summon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hey we get new missions for the legendary goku even tonight

Yay

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

time to summon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007