Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

haveblue posted:

That's not bleach dripping from my mouth, it's victory wine
Triumph milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1253800834892288000

sounds like a hell of a show instore.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm tired of all these loving DOCTORS TELLING ME NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm going to just tell you how this will go-

"I never said to drink bleach, FAKE NEWS"

"But honestly shouldn't we look into seeing if we can let people take this?"

"The Democrats did voter fraud in 2016 in California and they let illegals vote"

*storms off stage*

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

In a way, I do appreciate that Trump has decided to memorialize the insanity in a daily way. It's helpful to me when I forget what year it is.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Bubbacub posted:

What the gently caress is in these boxes

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1253781032773574664

Trump's best twitter insults engraved on marble tablets, maybe?

tshirts with the official Be Best slogan, "i dont really care do u"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

There is a nonzero chance Trump will drink bleach on TV to prove himself right

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

is Trump the first president to learn that the world has more than 100 countries while in office?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cmon trump, fire Fauci I want to see what happens.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

is Trump the first president to learn that the world has more than 100 countries while in office?

probably Eisenhower was technically the first

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The Lord of Hats posted:

https://twitter.com/sabrinaeaton/status/1253795368476856327

In case you forgot in the last five minutes that Trump is the dumbest man alive

I imagine this going "Yes, I am an actual rocket scientist, and no, you should not inhale bleach"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1253798557758308352

quote:

The Naval Academy, for its part, decided it was too risky to recall its nearly 1,000 graduating midshipmen to Annapolis, Md., for a commencement. Those graduates will have a virtual event. But the Air Force Academy, in contrast to the other schools, sent home its underclassmen, locked down its seniors on campus, moved up graduation, mandated social distancing — and went ahead with plans for Vice President Mike Pence to be its speaker.

And so last Friday, the day before Mr. Pence was to speak at the Air Force ceremony in Colorado, Mr. Trump, never one to be upstaged, abruptly announced that he would, in fact, be speaking at West Point.

[...]

Mr. Trump told reporters that he would be speaking at the West Point graduation in the near future, noting that he did not like the look of a socially distanced graduation and that he hoped the “look” of the ceremony would be “nice and tight.” He did not announce a date for the event.

Say what you will, they're delivering on the promise of running government like a business.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Holy poo poo it’s already over. No questions.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1253806353870721026

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Again, its great how he just constantly shits on the military, slowly poisoning that well for the Republicans.

An aircraft carrier here, an entire graduating West Point class there. It's really amazing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So no questions must mean that they're banking on the nation collectively memory-holing the whole bleach debacle, meaning they can move on to the next stupid gently caress up on Monday.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BWV posted:

Are you actually sure he knows?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

https://twitter.com/sabrinaeaton/status/1253795368476856327

In case you forgot in the last five minutes that Trump is the dumbest man alive

I'm guessing this "device" is just an ozone generator?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Telsa Cola posted:

Again, its great how he just constantly shits on the military, slowly poisoning that well for the Republicans.

I thought he was goosed when he started making GBS threads on that gold star family during the campaign, but :shrug:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Bubbacub posted:

I thought he was goosed when he started making GBS threads on that gold star family during the campaign, but :shrug:

Its not going to be immediately drastic but everytime he pulls poo poo like that there is a chance for a few people that that was the last straw.

The aircraft carrier fiasco was a huuuge gently caress up, and you even had Freepers pissed about it.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

KillHour posted:

Keep in mind, they knew 100 years ago that ozone could not be used directly on humans to treat wounds. Just keep that in mind when Big Daddy Toddler decides to directly huff from the machine because someone at the Club for Growth told him that was the cool and good thing to do.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow what did I miss with this presser because I’m hearing via twitter reaction that it went down even more idiotically than usual.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow what did I miss with this presser because I’m hearing via twitter reaction that it went down even more idiotically than usual.

No medical staff and no Q&A. Just gave a dumb speech and walked out.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ahahahaha what a little bitch

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Telsa Cola posted:

Its not going to be immediately drastic but everytime he pulls poo poo like that there is a chance for a few people that that was the last straw.

The aircraft carrier fiasco was a huuuge gently caress up, and you even had Freepers pissed about it.

I'd be shocked if it really had an impact in the long term. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth didn't open any eyes, it's just so ingrained that republicans = good for troops.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Didnt Hastert do a similar stunt where he just walked past the podium and left.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1253807636337876993

This will last like 3 days before he needs the dopamine hit that these “rallies” give him. His narcissistic needs won’t allow him to just back off.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1253807636337876993

This will last like 3 days before he needs the dopamine hit that these “rallies” give him. His narcissistic needs won’t allow him to just back off.

lol I think he finally realized he said something dumb and is going to lay low until it blows over.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Bubbacub posted:

I'd be shocked if it really had an impact in the long term. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth didn't open any eyes, it's just so ingrained that republicans = good for troops.

Maybe, I think its going to be very interesting looking at the vote break down to see the impact, if at all.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The world was laughing at him all day, and he probably reverted back to a boy being called a loser by Fred.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

lol I think he finally realized he said something dumb and is going to lay low until it blows over.

In his mind laying low means not tweeting for 12 hours.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Some other briefing fuckery.

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1253795457320484865

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1253800312680390658

edit - cleaned up the links.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 24, 2020

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

I'll believe a lot of things are possible in these dire times but I will never believe that this happened.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

KillHour posted:

I'd guess it's either a fancy UV-C light to sterilize the room, or something that generates propylene glycol vapor.

We've known both of those things kill viruses for decades at this point, it may be some new way to field one of them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The American Secret Service: Protectors of the President of the United States('s feelings)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What kind of weenie is terrified of CNN

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah no. If the conservative vets and active duty people I know are any indication, they're in the bag for Trump for the long haul. Any insult or harm done to them as a result of getting blindsided by a Trump policy is just the cost of supporting Dear Leader and restoring America to it's proper place on world stage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yeah no. If the conservative vets and active duty people I know are any indication, they're in the bag for Trump for the long haul. Any insult or harm done to them as a result of getting blindsided by a Trump policy is just the cost of supporting Dear Leader and restoring America to it's proper place on world stage.

There hasn’t been a lot of polling of active duty military but what there has been shows that Trump is not popular. It’s very mixed at best.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

bullying....works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

haveblue posted:

No medical staff and no Q&A. Just gave a dumb speech and walked out.

I think Politico or someone broke a story earlier today that said Trump was heavily in debt to China, so maybe he wanted to avoid questions from that. Also FDA announced earlier today not to take chloroquine, so that is a pretty big rebuke from the agency that is the actual authority on these things.