Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1253800971509141506

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BMX Ninja posted:

Every time I lol at America over this, Vic pops up on my Youtube to remind me of how beautiful some of your countrymen can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRkRmetWdZc

If he's still around in 2030 once you guys get back to holding elections I really hope he runs against Don Jr/Barron and wins.

Vic is, as the Americans would say, one of the good ones

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

SHUT UP JOE

GO SIT IN A CORNER AND EAT YOUR ICE CREAM OR SOMETHING

This is one of the few policy differences he has with Trump so he needs to be clear about it

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
You have to shoot the covid zombies in the lungs - the weak point is the lungs!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

*smokes big rear end bowl*

This and an edible :discourse: much better, feeling good, guess I'll grab my phone and check on-

Washington Post Alert posted:

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes

*drops phone out of window*

:nutshot:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dew worm posted:

Quinn just winked at me

Quinn just said he was going to make my parents divorce and marry my dad

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

SKULL.GIF posted:

+38k cases today already in USA, beating the previous record by over 3000 cases

New Peak!

lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Is anyone going to watch the pressers if they don't include a q&a? that was the best bit

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Brazil stops a chloroquine study after 13 days because it was killing people.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Good soup! posted:

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying from strokes

Blood clots going to the brain?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lmao Brazil :rip:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

it's just the weekend bro

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what's the prevailing wisdom on how long i should be leaving non-perishable groceries in my car?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Brazil stops a chloroquine study after 13 days because it was killing people.

Trump is soon going to be claiming he never pushed for anyone to try this

gregday
May 23, 2003

holy poo poo 37k new cases today

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what's the prevailing wisdom on how long i should be leaving non-perishable groceries in my car?

surface spread is a lot less likely than we thought at the first part of this I believe, I don't even think it's necessarily good to leave them in your car either unless it's super temperate out there 24/7 but if you can separate stuff for a day or two that's always good to do as long as it's nothing that's gonna spoil

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stefan Prodan posted:

surface spread is a lot less likely than we thought at the first part of this I believe, I don't even think it's necessarily good to leave them in your car either unless it's super temperate out there 24/7 but if you can separate stuff for a day or two that's always good to do as long as it's nothing that's gonna spoil

Yeah, I specifically separated the stuff that needed to go in the fridge/freezer and wiped it all down with disinfectant when I brought it in. All the stuff sitting in my car is stuff that was sitting on the shelves at the grocery store. I'll probably give it a solid 24h before I go back out and grab it all.

Thanks

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

tbf im pretty sure the USCPSC is basically a forgotten "department" in a small basement suite of some decrepit old government building in DC that's been accidentally continuously funded becaus the line-item just sounds generic and low budget, and employs a single employee whose just sitting around putting out memes on twitter and no one even knows who they are or they even exist and they CIA couldn't even figure out whose doing it if they tried

they rent space and I believe the headquarters is in Bethesda.

edit:

freeasinbeer has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Apr 25, 2020

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SKULL.GIF posted:

obesity is (socially) contagious though

Explains how I caught the fat from your mother.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

gregday posted:

holy poo poo 37k new cases today

how many tests were done "today"?

cases going "up" without an actual commensurate increase in deaths is a good sign I think

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

CleverHans posted:

Explains how I caught the fat from your mother.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

obesity is (socially) contagious though

this is true

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

KaptainKrunk posted:

how many tests were done "today"?

cases going "up" without an actual commensurate increase in deaths is a good sign I think

Deaths lag cases.

We really need someone to build a site that overlays deaths with a previous weeks' data

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

What the hell is this from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAnaUTfRVs

A comedy skit luckily.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Deaths lag cases.

We really need someone to build a site that overlays deaths with a previous weeks' data

Yeah, I know, I'm just wondering if this is a function of increased testing or not. Raw # aren't very helpful without positive percentages

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

These people get paid six figures to give us their deep thoughts

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/1253798528587104257

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

brugroffil posted:

NOISE MARINES ASSEMBLE

DWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1253816599112552449

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

brugroffil posted:

tbh I don't think people are thinking enough about how you generate respiratory droplets. singing is basically sustained coughing and that plus poor ventilation is why churches are death traps. shouting is worse than talking, shutting the gently caress up is best.

signage shout say "please put on your mask and shut the gently caress up"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Inceltown posted:

PPG was / is a Twitter celeb and not a goon afaik. Caro was the goon who did field surgery and ended up as a POW.

Brace Beldon is a goddamn war hero. Show some drat respect

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Man Musk posted:

goons interested in saving they are marriage should buy animal crossing

so true. has done wonders for me here in---AAAHHHHHHHH---whoops wrong room.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Man o' war

We are losing

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

you can't even hail a cab in the middle of union square any more these days, pathetic

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

jfc this Anderson Cooper interview with this lady who’s husband left a goodbye note. brutal

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This is not a scientific assessment, just an idle speculation, and please take it in that light, but, looking at all the infections at choir practice, soccer games, restaurants, etc, what if one big problem is ... eating rear end? This would also help explain why NYC happened so fast.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Seriously how's my boy Kim, I need a proof of life update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its been too long since i kept up im dumb

some general(s) will just fill the Kim Shaped Hole instantly?