Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

2DCAT posted:

This is not a scientific assessment, just an idle speculation, and please take it in that light, but, looking at all the infections at choir practice, soccer games, restaurants, etc, what if one big problem is ... eating rear end? This would also help explain why NYC happened so fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tzr0n_Usk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mrs. Dash posted:

Lol I go to a barber place here where it's all full of don't tread on me flags and thin blue line poo poo and American flags and the cabinets are all metal tool cabinets from a garage, but over in the corner is my barber with a big Bush did 9/11 sign, a poster of trump and monkeys making the same face, and a photo of kap kneeling during the anthem. I dunno how he hasn't been fired yet.

Maybe the owner is one of the 5 or 6 chuds in the entire country who believes that freedom of speech goes both ways.

There's a barbershop in my town that is covered in signs that are just a huge list of rules about how this is an un-PC free speech zone that doesn't care about your feelings and it's the most try-hard embarrassing poo poo ever.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:matters:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Tunicate posted:

So wait is the cato institute wife guy not the first goon to get a divorce because of cspam or what

cato wife guy got divorced?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Stefan Prodan posted:

surface spread is a lot less likely than we thought at the first part of this I believe, I don't even think it's necessarily good to leave them in your car either unless it's super temperate out there 24/7 but if you can separate stuff for a day or two that's always good to do as long as it's nothing that's gonna spoil

Its going to be incredible when we find out the 2-3 months of reporting "wash your hands, it's not airborne, only olds get sick" was insanely wrong

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gio posted:

cato wife guy got divorced?

I am just wondering about the vetting pool, i had 200 dollars on him being first but now this dark horse poo poo happens

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Its going to be incredible when Saint Peter tells us the 2-3 months of reporting "wash your hands, it's not airborne, only olds get sick" was insanely wrong

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mastershakeman posted:

Its going to be incredible when we find out the 2-3 months of reporting "wash your hands, it's not airborne, only olds get sick" was insanely wrong

it absolutely got more people killed than necessary. so, so, so loving stupid we didn't mask up in march. the message should have been 'hey you need masks, by the way all the medical N95 masks are not for sale to public anymore here's how to make them'

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zeriel posted:

There any temporary hospitals being set up by the national guard in your city?

Not that I'm aware of but the National Guard is going to nursing homes and caring for people

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

it absolutely got more people killed than necessary. so, so, so loving stupid we didn't mask up in march. the message should have been 'hey you need masks, by the way all the medical N95 masks are not for sale to public anymore here's how to make them'

Why be cautious when you could be foolhardy? That could hurt the economy!

Even now we have the cdc a/c study where people insist it doesn't prove covid goes through the a/c or is aerosolized but the study goes "huh dunno how table c got it, weird" and refuse to take any lessons from that

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Thankfully the villages news is focusing on matters that truly matter...

"The Sumter County sheriff’s deputy who searched her vehicle found cocaine, 60 bags of hallucinogenic mushrooms, two bags of marijuana, methamphetamine and pills including Alprazolam and Amphetamine. There were also LSD and three packages of a Nerds THC candy “clearly labeled as containing the controlled substance THC,” the report said."

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Brazil stops a chloroquine study after 13 days because it was killing people.

lmao 27% of the trial patients died

whoopsie doodle

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what's the prevailing wisdom on how long i should be leaving non-perishable groceries in my car?

I leave mine for three (3) days.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mr. Lobe posted:

astonishing that a cat would tolerate having its whiskers smothered by a face mask, they are important sensory tools for a cat

Devon's like Ravioli have crinkly whiskers that break off all the time.

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

FistEnergy posted:

whoopsie doodle

38% of Brazil's cases are critical and 11.7% of all their cases die. Most of the time only the sickest patients are given an antiviral far too late for it to prevent replication. HCQ may or may not be crap, but the studies that show it in a bad light are every bit as much garbage science as the ones that show it in a good one. And we've known since the beginning CQ is more dangerous than HCQ, so the fact that anyone is using the older kind is malpractice either way.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what's the prevailing wisdom on how long i should be leaving non-perishable groceries in my car?

0 days

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just ran a mile and now I'm coughing. Exercise gives you the roni guys. Don't make the same mistake I did

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

I just ran a mile and now I'm coughing. Exercise gives you the roni guys. Don't make the same mistake I did

Should have started smoking instead. RIP

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FistEnergy posted:

whoopsie doodle

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

tbh I don't think people are thinking enough about how you generate respiratory droplets. singing is basically sustained coughing and that plus poor ventilation is why churches are death traps. shouting is worse than talking, shutting the gently caress up is best.

signage shout say "please put on your mask and shut the gently caress up"

most people in the US are intensely ignorant of biology. they hosed off in high school bio because it's a freshman level class (or, if they're old enough, it wasn't required at all) and freshmen are bad at paying attention unless they're nerds, and then they have never ever interacted with the subject again throughout their entire lives.

it's a real problem imo because in normal times it leads to bullshit like anti-vax and in plague times it leads to injecting bleach into their veins and speculating about noise causing disease

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

"... now that we've removed Bernie from the ballot"

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

2DCAT posted:

Thankfully the villages news is focusing on matters that truly matter...

"The Sumter County sheriff’s deputy who searched her vehicle found cocaine, 60 bags of hallucinogenic mushrooms, two bags of marijuana, methamphetamine and pills including Alprazolam and Amphetamine. There were also LSD and three packages of a Nerds THC candy “clearly labeled as containing the controlled substance THC,” the report said."

Good to hear that Hunter Thompson is back, but in the Villages, in female form

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

man i've been pretty sauced on the g&t since *looks at watch* wednesday last week. good thing everybody decided corona virus is malaria.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lol this guy is a legend

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
JURY'S STILL OUT

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253861294010220544

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I'm going to inject a tide pod into my balls just to be safe.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

gotta say, didn't expect boomers to look at the tide pod challenge and go "hold my beer"

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zeriel posted:

I'm going to inject a tide pod into my balls just to be safe.

this is how you cum detergent bud

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Bund posted:

38% of Brazil's cases are critical and 11.7% of all their cases die. Most of the time only the sickest patients are given an antiviral far too late for it to prevent replication. HCQ may or may not be crap, but the studies that show it in a bad light are every bit as much garbage science as the ones that show it in a good one. And we've known since the beginning CQ is more dangerous than HCQ, so the fact that anyone is using the older kind is malpractice either way.

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1253613651610779648
https://twitter.com/diogos_mont/status/1250912015666810882?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

2DCAT posted:

This is not a scientific assessment, just an idle speculation, and please take it in that light, but, looking at all the infections at choir practice, soccer games, restaurants, etc, what if one big problem is ... eating rear end? This would also help explain why NYC happened so fast.

idle uninformed speculation about science as a joke is not only encouraged in c-spam, but it has now become national policy and is even being done by the president himself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

twoday posted:

idle uninformed speculation about science as a joke is not only encouraged in c-spam, but it has now become national policy and is even being done by the president himself

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Bund posted:

remember that 4chan post about how if it hit Brazil it would become stronger

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

that's rough. in ecuador the bodies are piling up in the streets, going uncollected:

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1253703053573849088

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

twoday posted:

free prester jane

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

PawParole posted:

the testing qualifiers in brazil are really, really bad

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 03:02 on Apr 25, 2020

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

govislyingaboutcvd is an incredible username

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

free prester jane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

PawParole posted:

you mean the one that said it would mutate to become more deadly in Brazilian bats? very realistic.