Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
What was with the black egg in the chicken shed? Just a rotten egg or a CURSED HELL-EGG of some sort?

Wolfie: Give him the key, he's been nice to us so far and he calls us comrade.

Village: Kill the pig and kill anyone who gives you trouble.

Piotrek: Seems like one of the more harmless people so far, help him out. Worst that can happen is he blows himself up.

Musician: Seems like he'd be a loose end after helping Wolfie. If he gives you any guff, whack him and steal his violin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
It's a cursed hell-egg that functions identically to a regular egg but sells for a little more

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I would like to see what the hell this key actually leads to before choosing who to give to if at all possible. If nothing else, I'd appreciate learning what was in there if we end up picking an option that doesn't reveal that as like, a small bonus clip or something.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Use the key ourselves. If there's a person trapped in there, we should let them choose for themselves where they're going, instead of just saying that an anthropomorphic wolf/an unhinged voyeuristic violinist can have them. If the game were really on top of things, we could use the key, and then give it to whichever person we wanted; in that case, I'd say Wolfie should probably get it.

Kill the pig. I was gonna say that it should be fed/saved, but it occurs to me that its existence is pretty horrifically lovely at this point. I don't like starving the people either, but maybe they can find somewhere else to get food? Subsist on mysteryshrooms? I dunno.

I'd also like to see kill everyone in a bonus video, but that's more morbid curiosity than anything else.

Help Piotrek. He seems decent enough, just crazy as gently caress.

Don't touch the stone at the shrine. That's messing with stuff I don't think we want to see the consequences of.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I have to admit, for all the wolf-love, I'm a LITTLE surprised nobody wants to let wolfie see Piotrek's item.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Bacter posted:

I have to admit, for all the wolf-love, I'm a LITTLE surprised nobody wants to let wolfie see Piotrek's item.

I didn't realise this was an option. I'd like to amend my vote so that Wolfie sees Piotrek's item cause Wolfie is best boy.

BoxofWoe
Jan 12, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

Give Wolfie the key. I don't trust either of them, but he seems more likely to a. reward us and b. kill us if we cross him

Kill the pig. The villagers are starving anyway and they seem bad? It doesn't bear thinking about what they were feeding it before. Kill as many of them as you can/need to.

Give Piotrek the parts. Why not. Might be fun? Piotrek can into space

This seems like a good plan!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bacter posted:

An excellent point, and something that we should consider. We can totally use the key ourselves.

I was assuming we were going to do this before giving it to Wolfie? Are they mutually exclusive? If they are still give it to Wolfie, otherwise go and check things out first

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I didn't realise this was an option. I'd like to amend my vote so that Wolfie sees Piotrek's item cause Wolfie is best boy.

Did that video not show up? It was called "alternatives", and I had it in the spoiler section.

Edit: OH NO IT DIDN'T SHOW UP! I'll re-upload that video.

But for now: if you show Piotrek's item to wolfie he says "ha ha ha what an idiot, doing errands for that idiot. OH MAN I have a great idea. Let ME see that item!"

HERE it is

Bacter fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 22, 2020

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

As always, I'm ALSO really interested to see if any character nuances appear in the original Polish.

There was too much to screenshot, so I did a quick supercut. If anybody notices anything, my gratitude will be immense!

(POLISH LANGUAGE INTERACTIONS ABOVE - NEEDS A FEW MINUTES TO BUFFER THO)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bacter posted:

Did that video not show up? It was called "alternatives", and I had it in the spoiler section.

Edit: OH NO IT DIDN'T SHOW UP! I'll re-upload that video.

But for now: if you show Piotrek's item to wolfie he says "ha ha ha what an idiot, doing errands for that idiot. OH MAN I have a great idea. Let ME see that item!"

HERE it is

I'm not sure I'm going to like Wolfie's idea of a fun joke, let's not

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Crane Fist posted:

:same:

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Props once again to the localization team - in the polish, Wolfie “misremembers” Piotrek as “Pierdek”, which I BELIEVE to be “pierdola”, (a medium-severity insult, and kind of low-class, like calling somebody an rear end in a top hat) with the diminutive -ek on it.

Piotrek then would I guess be the diminutive of Piotyr, or basically “Petey” in English. It’s just a cruel little barb, and I think going with “poofter”, old-fashioned British slang for a homosexual, captures both the severity AND half-rhyme really well. I REALLY want to see how they pulled this off in the other languages. I might ask the Chinese language thread at SA for that translation.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Crane Fist posted:

Finally, someone is seeing the sense of not becoming the Right Paw of the Big Bad Wolf.

I vote the following:

Make a lotta shovels and Kill everyone - Piotrek mentioned there are still planes flying. The rest of the world is fine, clearly the darkwood is feeding on these brokebrained pig-worshipping idiots and their shiny stones. The only way out of here is to starve the dark monstrosity by cutting off its food. To hell with Key 21, to hell with these banal problems, you'll be doing them all a favour by scouring this blight clean.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I kind of feel sympathetic towards these people's tragedy, even though I don't understand fully what caused it (or what the hell is going on in general).

I also kind of like chicken old lady so I vote to use the key ourselves and see what's what with the imprisoned lady.

Don't touch the village stone. Maybe we later find out what it is supposed to do? But even if we don't, better not mess with their superstitions or possible effective protective spells or something.

I don't hate wolfie boy and he is useful but I don't trust him much either. And he keeps calling us "meat" which is disturbing especially in the Darkwood world. So don't show/give him Piotrek's item

Help Piotrek out with his space ship -- which unfortunately can only go wrong for him, but at least he'll be happy.

Maybe investigate further the pigsty before restoring the feeding mechanism to the mother pig. It doesn't sound like this is a normal pig anyway and it's probably best for the villagers to switch to chicken and mushrooms. So try to kite the villager away from the pigpen, and make it in to see what's up but not kill anybody

Also if there's an option, help the violin boy to fix his violin so that it won't sound depressingly terrible and nerve wrecking.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 23, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy Granola posted:

Finally, someone is seeing the sense of not becoming the Right Paw of the Big Bad Wolf.

I vote the following:

Make a lotta shovels and Kill everyone - Piotrek mentioned there are still planes flying. The rest of the world is fine, clearly the darkwood is feeding on these brokebrained pig-worshipping idiots and their shiny stones. The only way out of here is to starve the dark monstrosity by cutting off its food. To hell with Key 21, to hell with these banal problems, you'll be doing them all a favour by scouring this blight clean.

I love this juxtaposition of "yeah, let's not throw our lot in with the wolf chap, he seems like bad news! But also we should become death, destroyer of worlds"

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

He does seem like bad news, but that's no reason we shouldn't seem like *worse* news, right?

Better to reign in hell than to serve some rear end in a top hat in hell

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy Granola posted:

He does seem like bad news, but that's no reason we shouldn't seem like *worse* news, right?

Better to reign in hell than to serve some rear end in a top hat in hell

Well I'm convinced. Why listen to the wolf when we could BECOME the wolf? Kill em all and hope somebody sorts em out, god seems entirely absent from the wood

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
While I do want to know what's in the shed I dont think killing everyone is a good idea, these people are crazy but havent tried to kill us, lets respect that by fixing the power to the pig shed. Maybe if they have a good supply of food they might go less crazy? If we do vote to kill it then I would like us to avoid killing as many people as possible if they're actively trying to kill is then sure but we don't need more blood on our hands than necessary.

also leave the shrine alone seems kinda rude to mess with it.

I really don't like how the musician stopped stuttering when talking about the doc, If we kill the pig we should give him the meat and maybe try to get more info.

Let's give Wolf the key stuff in this place is never what it seems and while I want to see what the pretty lady looks like I'm thinking just giving the key to Wolf is the better option.

Piotrek just wants to go to space We should help him.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

From the "Wiki Titles Singable to TMNT Themesong" twitter account

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Bacter posted:

From the "Wiki Titles Singable to TMNT Themesong" twitter account

That's one of my favorite twitters :allears:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

We should use the key ourselves and honor whatever the mystery lady's wishes are above Wolfie's and the musician's and help Piotrek. Give the musician some meat and leave the shrine be, unless we end up killing the villagers anyway then gently caress it, free loot. Abstaining from the pig pen vote.

sockgarters
Dec 29, 2013

Key - I prefer Musician over Wolf, if we must choose. Otherwise try to use the key ourselves .
Help Piotrek Trek to the stars!
(Don't help Wolf play a trick on Piotrek)
I love pigs... leave the pig alone! I guess I mean fix the cables, turn on the power. (But if you do end up with some bacon, give it to musician guy )
Prefer wholesale slaughter to be in a bonus vid and not the regular path.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This place need a mercy killing: Kill Everyone but Wolfie

Wolfie: Give Key

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Man, voting in this thread is stressful.

Use the key ourselves first, unless that ruins Wolfs quest line, in which case give it to him. Might as well stay on his good side.
Help the spaceman get to space, Wolf can get his fun somewhere else.
Fix the pig cables

Doubling wholesale slaughter as a bonus vid if not at all.

Can't make a decision on the stone, hard to tell what would come from that.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

coleman francis posted:

Use the key ourselves first, unless that ruins Wolfs quest line, in which case give it to him. Might as well stay on his good side.

i hate to make voting MORE stressful, but no oracles allowed! I’m taking this as a vote for “use the key ourselves”, and if it gets wolfie mad so be it!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Slaan posted:

This place need a mercy killing: Kill Everyone but Wolfie

And then when Wolfie is all smugly congratulating you on killing everyone, IT'S SHOVELTIME

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We should be giving. Give wolf the key. Give Peter tractor parts. Give the pigs electricity.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I honestly am torn on how to vote.

I definitely want Piotrek to get his supplies and I’d like use the key ourselves if only to gain more information about what’s behind that door.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
To add even more potential options, there are two keys. Can we kill the chicken lady and then give a key to both wolfie and the musician?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Just came across the thread as I was poking for new LPs to watch. Nice mix of spooky and informative. Thanks for playing another stressful but awesome game so I don't have to, Bacter! :D

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Bacter posted:

Props once again to the localization team - in the polish, Wolfie “misremembers” Piotrek as “Pierdek”, which I BELIEVE to be “pierdola”, (a medium-severity insult, and kind of low-class, like calling somebody an rear end in a top hat) with the diminutive -ek on it.

"Pierdek" is something like "Farty". The word "pierdoła" comes from another, similar word "pierdolić", which usually means "to gently caress", but also "to spew nonsense". And with various prefixes added, you can also use it to say "to hit someone" (przypierdolić), "to steal something" (zapierdolić), "stop bothering someone" (odpierdolić się), "to run away" or "to gently caress something up" (spierdolić) and many other words. Wouldn't use them in a polite conversation, though.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I've been absolutely swamped with work lately and just caught up with the LP. So, some more trivia etc.

Episode 5
  • 7:10 It's a village population list.
  • 11:36 As someone already mentioned, this is a communist "motivational poster".
I think tank wrecks wouldn't be left alone during "normal times", people would just disassemble and sell them for scrap or something.

Episode 6
  • 10:13 Indeed, kwiecień = April.

Episode 7
  • 13:02 Antek is a name, shorthand/diminutive for Antoni.
  • 26:55 Kupala Night (Noc Kupały) is an old Slavic/pagan holiday celebrated during the shortest night of the year. One of the activities is floating wreaths of flowers by women which then are being captured by men. It's like magic love-finding.

Polish supercut
  • The Chicken Lady is named Baba Kura In Polish which is certainly different. Baba means "an old hag" more or less, kura is hen and Baba Kura sounds similar to Baba Jaga to me. This interpretation is interesting because Baba Jaga is known to kidnap children that are wandering the woods...
  • The woman talking to someone about a dream with her mother in the woods is, well, a woman. You can't tell in English but in Polish a lot of verbs have grammatic gender and are different depending on that.
  • The Wolf indeed calls you padlina which means "dead meat". He also talks like a very modern bloke to be honest. He's also pretty funny when he talks how he modifies some part for Piotrek that'll make him (Piotrek) probably explode.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well, one good turn deserves another!

Though the game doesn't tell you, this is one of the two most critical times for deciding on our ending. Lots of you wanted to use the key before we decided who to give it to - almost everybody wanted to see the boy again, and to give Piotrek his stuff. Here's a mini-update that accomplishes that!

It's actually kind of close, but for now, we're going with Wolfie for the key. But we don't have to! He is... well, he's HIM.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Bacter posted:

Well, one good turn deserves another!

Though the game doesn't tell you, this is one of the two most critical times for deciding on our ending. Lots of you wanted to use the key before we decided who to give it to - almost everybody wanted to see the boy again, and to give Piotrek his stuff. Here's a mini-update that accomplishes that!

It's actually kind of close, but for now, we're going with Wolfie for the key. But we don't have to! He is... well, he's HIM.

Well, that's horrifying.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I see!
Also, that boy's looking pretty uh
woody

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Ever more certain that we just need to give Wolfie the drat key and join him in exterminating these weirdo villagers. I mean, besides that, Wolfie seems to be kinda military, we might be military, probably we've got a common cause. Or had one, once.

Heck if our face isn't human any longer that would seem to explain why some people react poorly to us and also why we're quiet all the time.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Aw, give the musician the key and the two monstrous folk can be monsters together.

Can't fight nature, something something. We can find that doctor and get ourselves to whatever creepy fate awaits us past that locked door.

It's also interesting that they call the doctor a quack, and the doctor believes the villagers can't be saved. It seems he used to live in the village and both the doctor and the villagers had a schism where they gave up on each other due to all this tree plague business. Judging by the musician's mask, the various instructions we see, the doctor at one point did really try to help them.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 30, 2020

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

Well, that's horrifying.

My thoughts precisely.

PurpleXVI posted:

Ever more certain that we just need to give Wolfie the drat key and join him in exterminating these weirdo villagers. I mean, besides that, Wolfie seems to be kinda military, we might be military, probably we've got a common cause. Or had one, once.

Heck if our face isn't human any longer that would seem to explain why some people react poorly to us and also why we're quiet all the time.

Err, yeah, I'm starting to get more and more on this side of things. I'm thinking :black101: is the way to go with this town at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
Well that's nightmare inducing, it looks like her hands are tied together, now I'm worried about what will happen if she gets out.