Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

cut scav timer to zero cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Phobeste posted:

Also I'm pretty sure I heard him say in the podcast that found in raid is actually "originated in raid", so you can't kill somebody, take their stuff, and flea it - I guess just use it or vendor it

Nope, nothing that PMCs spawn with is found in raid.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Chill out. The change is basically just to stop relisters who buy their M995 and poo poo and relist it. Or people trying to manipulate the flea market. It's not that big of a change. The biggest change is that hatchlings will have a harder time selling poo poo because the stuff they find will likely be marked as not found in raid. Are you a hatchling? If you aren't, you don't have poo poo to worry about.

There is small group of people (in this thread even) who want the game to be one way and then a bunch of other people that want it to be the other way, which is the way it's going. It's also still just a beta so who knows if this change lasts.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Chill out. The change is basically just to stop relisters who buy their M995 and poo poo and relist it. Or people trying to manipulate the flea market. It's not that big of a change. The biggest change is that hatchlings will have a harder time selling poo poo because the stuff they find will likely be marked as not found in raid. Are you a hatchling? If you aren't, you don't have poo poo to worry about.

There is small group of people (in this thread even) who want the game to be one way and then a bunch of other people that want it to be the other way, which is the way it's going. It's also still just a beta so who knows if this change lasts.

oh word?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

Chill out. The change is basically just to stop relisters who buy their M995 and poo poo and relist it. Or people trying to manipulate the flea market. It's not that big of a change. The biggest change is that hatchlings will have a harder time selling poo poo because the stuff they find will likely be marked as not found in raid.

lmao, did a streamer tell you this? totally delusional.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lmao, did a streamer tell you this? totally delusional.

What's delusional? I listened to the first 15 minutes of the podcast today and that's it.

I don't watch streamers. I watch more YouTube videos than anything, but they don't talk about that in the videos.

What exactly is your problem with the change? Do you like people being able to relist stuff they buy from traders? I don't see what the big deal is other than hatchlings are gonna have a rougher time. Saying that, they can just kill themselves I guess and that gets around the found in raid marker. I really don't see what the big deal is with this change.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

I really don't see what the big deal is with this change.

Dont worry about it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

I don't see what the big deal is other than hatchlings are gonna have a rougher time. Saying that, they can just kill themselves I guess and that gets around the found in raid marker. I really don't see what the big deal is with this change.

have you ever actually played hatchling?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sorry dont see the big deal either gotta go with "showtime" on this one

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

have you ever actually played hatchling?

Yes. Well, to be fair, not a hatchling. When I started out I was just running around with a pistol and sticking things in my secure container. It's how I made a ton of money. I don't do it anymore, unless i'm gonna do something like a hardcore run, but even then you look for people to kill. Hatchlings avoid combat because they just want gear with no risk. That's not exactly what is intended.

Edit: I guess the big concern is that you won't be able to sell the gear you find on another PMC on the flea market? I usually just sell that poo poo to the vendor anyway, so that isn't a big deal to me. Or use it. Does that mean less high-end equipment running around? Is that a bad thing? Everyone running around with Slicks, Airframes and M1A's with M61 in an environment where the lore has people just scavenging for what they can to survive in an environment entirely cut off from the rest of the world.

Some of us obviously have different ideas of what this game is and should be and that's fine. Just please don't poo poo on me for liking where the game is going. It's what the devs had planned when they started creating the game.

I'll happily change my opinion if you can tell me what i'm not seeing as far as this ruining the game. I'm just not seeing it right now.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 25, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Its clear you don't have a grasp on the reality that not everyone enjoys the game the same way you do. Never figured out why thats so hard for people to understand. I can at least accept the fact that by the time this game is released in 2029 I will feel like I've wasted my money and I will hate it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Its clear you don't have a grasp on the reality that not everyone enjoys the game the same way you do. Never figured out why thats so hard for people to understand. I can at least accept the fact that by the time this game is released in 2029 I will feel like I've wasted my money and I will hate it.

You realize I can just uno reverse this back at you and it applies perfectly? I also clearly say that in my post. The issue is that I appear to be in the majority. Maybe not, but it's hard to tell within our limited community. Only time will tell. I'm sorry that this game isn't going where you want it to and you feel that you wasted money on it. Just don't poo poo on me for liking the way it's going.

Again, I will happily change that opinion if you can point out where this will negatively effect me or the game itself.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

loving lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no please someone actually spell out why its bad rather than just saying lol cos im happy to be wrong here but it seems good, to me

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I get why they are trying to shut down relisting coz it's objectively bad, but the inflation this is gonna cause will be insane.

which will of course lead to more stratification between sweatys and everyone else when only sweats can afford slicks regularly

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Everyone shut up, PPSh

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YNqzmHP6S/

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

no please someone actually spell out why its bad rather than just saying lol cos im happy to be wrong here but it seems good, to me

no one said anything about it being bad. we are laughing at this dude who thinks it will bother hatchlings at all

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

no one said anything about it being bad. we are laughing at this dude who thinks it will bother hatchlings at all

I've already mentioned how it won't and that's not what other people are saying.

Nice deflection though.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Famethrowa posted:

I get why they are trying to shut down relisting coz it's objectively bad, but the inflation this is gonna cause will be insane.

which will of course lead to more stratification between sweatys and everyone else when only sweats can afford slicks regularly

thats a weird way to say 'objectively good'

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Stux posted:

Personally not a fan because it means you can't list gear from PMCs you kill on the flea market, and because it means you can't use & list keys or other consumables. The key system in this game is really bad and the flea market as it exists lets you largely sidestep that except for keys that hold really valuable loot. Regardless, both of these suck so I'm not a fan.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ShowTime posted:

It's not that big of a change.

It's a massive change, you just haven't really thought it through.

It's also a bad change the more I think about it. The flea market has been extremely good for the game. The downsides of the flea market, like market manipulation, etc do not even come close to canceling out the benefits and accessibility that it brings. People buying mods, ammo, guns, etc and listing them on the flea market after buying them from traders was a good thing since it didn't lock gear behind a lovely, terrible rep/mission grind. More people got access to better gear quicker. The only thing someone needed to become seriously competitive is money. Now you need money, rep and experience.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I can see where people are coming from. I guess I just don't see the game as being that way. I prefer playing with scraps and having to struggle to get that S-Tier gear or whatever you call it. I like the idea of AKs and SKSs being the norm, not M1As and M4A1s. People rocking just Kirasas and poo poo, not Slicks and Fast MTs.

But I can respect that opinion.

Why are keys gonna be a problem though? You find them in a raid and can sell them. PMC gear, sure. But I usually get more for gear from selling it to vendors. Some stuff you end up using too.

I've also only ever played when the flea market was available. So I can't speak on how things were without it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

Again, I will happily change that opinion if you can point out where this will negatively effect me or the game

Since you're very concentrated on yourself and only how things will affect you, I would say having a smaller hardcore playerbase that consists mostly of sweaty thicc boys who kill you on 90% of your raids before you even see them might impact your fun factor.

The reason you can't "uno reverse" this is because the things that help me enjoy the game don't affect you. The changes they continue to make lead me and other casuals to not want to play anymore because they're trying to pigeonhole everyone into the same way of playing the game. Hell make a hardcore set of servers and a casual set of servers (actual ranked matchmaking is way beyond their means I'm sure). Rather than implement a bunch of changes to try and cripple money sellers that also affects the entire player base maybe improve your netcode to not allow someone to loot a crate from across the map or run at 500mph.

ShowTime posted:

I guess I just don't see the game as being that way

Exactly

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I get all that, that's just not the way the devs want the game to be (clearly). This game isn't for casuals and I understand that casual players are gonna be upset with these changes. When the lead dev jokes around about the game intentionally not being fun, you know they are going for a hardcore, difficult environment.

Not really sure what else to say. Hardcore players are gonna like the change and casuals won't.

And I'm sorry that this game isn't getting any funner for you. I'm not saying that sarcastically. I wish everyone could have fun with this game but it's just not for everyone.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
So, what are bullets going to cost if you can only list them from found in raid?? Who are the level 40 people excited that they will be able to buy their 140 personal limits of bullets at a time from peacekeeper, now that the global limit won't be used for relisting?

I only have played during the last few months so I always had flea in the game - if I had to wait until level 33 or whatever to get BS 5.45 rounds from Papa Prapor because none were on flea - which I just now hit after the last couple months of nolifing this poo poo, I don't think I would have stuck with it.

It's the one advice everyone gets, don't skimp on bullets. Do people think they bought less bullets under leveled than they buy once they have access to traders??? It's a huge part of what made the game playable, and leveling people to 10 for flea is already a huge difference than 5, grueling in comparison. Am I wrong to be worried that there won't be access to decent ammo??

Maybe it will be fine because everyone will be equally handicapped. I'm prepared to learn to love the AKM instead of the AK-74m.

Fake edit: I'm probably doomsaying on this issue, forgot that max hideout can craft high powered rounds that are found in raid. Still, aren't they going to be 3k a shot or more, with such limited supply?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

aniviron posted:

Personally not a fan because it means you can't list gear from PMCs you kill on the flea market, and because it means you can't use & list keys or other consumables. The key system in this game is really bad and the flea market as it exists lets you largely sidestep that except for keys that hold really valuable loot. Regardless, both of these suck so I'm not a fan.

it'll mean people have to basically keep two ideas of what value items have, found in raid or sold to vendor, depending on how they find the item. Insurance is going to be a LOT more effective now that people can't just loot some dude's armor they never planned on using and just flip it on the flea for a big profit, when instead they have to sell it to ragman for a fraction of the price. Especially as barter items are going to go UP in value, a significant amount. The value per slot of some dude's broken ghzel might not be worth it if they can fill their bag with a 20k+ per slot bolts and screws instead.

The main problem I have is that traders are going to need to have their stocks increased to compensate for the amount of people who are going to be using barters to get their stuff. You'll probably never find certain items in stock, if its a good barter that people are just too lazy to do themselves. Say goodbye to the ADAR for 1 rechargeable battery barter!

edit:
I really like this change. This will kneecap RMTing, for certain, and it removes some of how easy it is to just get whatever you want, no strings attached. Doing quests to unlock the barters or purchases for certain high value items becomes more important now. THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THIS, being... loving anything locked behind Jaeger and his asinine quests.

edit2: also I think its funny that a lot of streamers were complaining about PvP not being profitable to do, and now this rolls around, ensuring that PvP will NEVER be profitable

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 25, 2020

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
This is going to make the gunsmith quests an actual pain and/or far more expensive to complete

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

delete jaeger

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I also like flea as it is now. I find it great fun at the moment and prices and item a availability is great. It is a sad day if they kill flea as it is :-(

Well at least Prapor sells lps Gzh or you can keep on pistol running. But I think playing tarkov will suck a big time if they go through with the flea market nerf.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ultimatefire posted:

So, what are bullets going to cost if you can only list them from found in raid?? Who are the level 40 people excited that they will be able to buy their 140 personal limits of bullets at a time from peacekeeper, now that the global limit won't be used for relisting?

I only have played during the last few months so I always had flea in the game - if I had to wait until level 33 or whatever to get BS 5.45 rounds from Papa Prapor because none were on flea - which I just now hit after the last couple months of nolifing this poo poo, I don't think I would have stuck with it.

It's the one advice everyone gets, don't skimp on bullets. Do people think they bought less bullets under leveled than they buy once they have access to traders??? It's a huge part of what made the game playable, and leveling people to 10 for flea is already a huge difference than 5, grueling in comparison. Am I wrong to be worried that there won't be access to decent ammo??

Maybe it will be fine because everyone will be equally handicapped. I'm prepared to learn to love the AKM instead of the AK-74m.

Fake edit: I'm probably doomsaying on this issue, forgot that max hideout can craft high powered rounds that are found in raid. Still, aren't they going to be 3k a shot or more, with such limited supply?

Yeah its a crazy stupid idea

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

hakimashou posted:

Yeah its a crazy stupid idea

nah

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

going to keep running mostly AKs and vendoring away m4s and hks and the ammo for them while laughing loudly irl

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I dunno I think these changes are gonna be really good.....

for the old trading discord, boy that place has been dead for years

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

ShowTime posted:

I can see where people are coming from. I guess I just don't see the game as being that way. I prefer playing with scraps and having to struggle to get that S-Tier gear or whatever you call it. I like the idea of AKs and SKSs being the norm, not M1As and M4A1s. People rocking just Kirasas and poo poo, not Slicks and Fast MTs.

That would be great if it locked everyone to that status, but my experience from this game even before the flea market was in the game was that some people will be running that fast/fort 7N12s still and it makes the seal clubbing just that much worse.

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

Update makes the game harder?

Good update, not a lot of content, but good update. They should lower weight down to 50kg again while they're at it, and make it so you can't move at all if you exceed the limit forcing you to drop stuff.

BANNED USER fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 25, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Make ammo return in insurance god bles;

More reasons to use nothing but the mosin early next wipe

545 guns also gonna be crazy useful due to how much BT you can pull out of Reserve

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

causticBeet posted:

545 guns also gonna be crazy useful due to how much BT you can pull out of Reserve
7.62 PS is straight up sold by prapor level 1, so there's your go-to ammo. BT has a bit more pen for a lot less damage, so while its certainly usable for your 5.45 AKs, you'll need to hit reserve a few times to fill up some mags. There's no good, easily accessible 5.45 ammo sold by traders, you need loyalty levels. PP is scratching the bare minimum you could load into a gun without being better off just throwing the gun into a bush, and that's Prapor 2.

edit: on the flip side, you can find 5.45 BS on reserve too, so after a few raids you could theoretically have a really good 74M setup with BS in it to clobber anybody who dared to bring half-decent gear into a raid

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 25, 2020

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I am just a filthy casual which has only started recently, but I see any change that pushes you towards forcing to use anything you find rather than trying to optimize towards the usual few guns/mods/ammo as good change.

Also I am bad at this game so anything that makes other people sucking is good

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
It’s been pretty obvious for awhile that the game BSG wants Tarkov to be is not the game we’re currently playing. A lot of the enjoyment most people are having is a side effect of the game being incomplete and not as difficult/realistic/grueling as the devs want it to be.

Fortunately I’m sure by the time BSG realize their vision some AAA dev will have poo poo out Escape from Call of Battlefield of Honor Special Over-Ops for a more mass market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

causticBeet posted:

Mosin is all I use now. I am horrible at this game.