Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Telsa Cola posted:

My question was about the UVc stuff lingering because that seemed very weird to me but someone else pointed out that the post I was quoting likely had a typo.

Thank you though!

Sorry man, thought you were asking about the virus. I know a lot of people that still don't understand how the virus works and think it dies as soon as it touches something non living, it kills people the same way the flu does, and one guy that thinks you can transfer it by farting (don't even ask, my brain locked up when I heard it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Man I just don't want to vote for a dementia-addled rapist. Replace him with literally anybody but bloomberg or another sex pest and I'll pull the lever no problem.

If it makes you feel better, you can check the box for Biden, then write "is a rapist" next to his name. Go hog wild!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SocketWrench posted:

Sorry man, thought you were asking about the virus. I know a lot of people that still don't understand how the virus works and think it dies as soon as it touches something non living, it kills people the same way the flu does, and one guy that thinks you can transfer it by farting (don't even ask, my brain locked up when I heard it)

Gives a whole new meaning to silent but deadly.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/grindingpoet/status/1253759688166068227?s=21

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lmao

anyway, reminder I wrote up for everyone:

Now that the Kims are in the news again, you might be wondering: wait a second! Kim Jong-Un is the youngest son? The apparent go-to if he dies is his youngest sister? Kim Jong-Un is an illegitimate child? The heir apparent if he does is also an illegitimate child!?

The oldest Kim child, Kim Jong-nam, is deceased as of 2017. He had, however, fallen out of favor by critiquing the regime and by getting arrested trying to sneak into Tokyo Disneyland. He was assassinated. His mother was Song Hye-rim, an actress who was never married to Kim Jong-Il, and who later is believed to have defected to Russia.

The next-oldest is Kim Jong-chul. He apparently does almost nothing except play in his band. He loves Eric Clapton. There are rumors he is gay and he has been remarked on as being “effeminate” and “soft-hearted”. He lives in Pyongyang but doesn’t seem to have any political role whatsoever. He is the son of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-Hui.

Kim Sol-song is the older daughter. Apparently competent (ran much of her father, Kim Jong-Il’s calendar) but a bit of a daddy’s girl and didn’t make any moves to take over from him and wasn’t groomed to be heir. She is the daughter of Kim Young-sook, Kim Jong-Il’s third wife, who he wasn’t close with. She is the only one of Kim Jong-Il’s children who was born to a woman to whom he was married.

Kim Jong-un, who did become the leader of North Korea, is son of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-hui, who Kim Jong-Il never married. (He couldn’t marry her, really–she was half-Japanese and a member of the lowest class.) You’ve heard plenty about him, so I won’t go on. He’s what his father intended, apparently.

Kim Yo-jong is now gathering some attention because she is the heir apparent if Kim Jong-Un dies. She is also the child of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-hui. She is said to be competent but only in the same fashion as her brother and father, i.e. despotic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sounds like a real Game of Thrones situation. I hope it gets as dumb.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Complex/status/1253915738584289280

quote:

According to the New York Daily News, the Poison Control Center managed a total of 30 cases of possible exposure to disinfectant between 9 p.m. on April 23 to 3 p.m. on April 24. The spokesman said the people who reached out did not die or required hospitalization.

The spokesman reported the cases reported between Thursday and Friday were specifically about being possibly exposed to Lysol. 10 of those cases were in regards to bleach while 11 pertained to everyday use household cleaners

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wasnt he like 38? or something. he must have hosed his body up mighty quick. link me up some info.

A daily habit of the purest meth on the planet might do that to a person.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i've got bad news about elizabeth warren and marines

any excuse to post this again:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 25, 2020

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Pick posted:

lmao

Now that the Kims are in the news again, you might be wondering: wait a second! Kim Jong-Un is the youngest son? The apparent go-to if he dies is his youngest sister? Kim Jong-Un is an illegitimate child? The heir apparent if he does is also an illegitimate child!?

The oldest Kim child, Kim Jong-nam, is deceased as of 2017. He had, however, fallen out of favor by critiquing the regime and by getting arrested trying to sneak into Tokyo Disneyland. He was assassinated. His mother was Song Hye-rim, an actress who was never married to Kim Jong-Il, and who later is believed to have defected to Russia.

The next-oldest is Kim Jong-chul. He apparently does almost nothing except play in his band. He loves Eric Clapton. There are rumors he is gay and he has been remarked on as being “effeminate” and “soft-hearted”. He lives in Pyongyang but doesn’t seem to have any political role whatsoever. He is the son of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-Hui.

Kim Sol-song is the older daughter. Apparently competent (ran much of her father, Kim Jong-Il’s calendar) but a bit of a daddy’s girl and didn’t make any moves to take over from him and wasn’t groomed to be heir. She is the daughter of Kim Young-sook, Kim Jong-Il’s third wife, who he wasn’t close with. She is the only one of Kim Jong-Il’s children who was born to a woman to whom he was married.

Kim Jong-un, who did become the leader of North Korea, is son of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-hui, who Kim Jong-Il never married. (He couldn’t marry her, really–she was half-Japanese and a member of the lowest class.) You’ve heard plenty about him, so I won’t go on. He’s what his father intended, apparently.

Kim Yo-jong is now gathering some attention because she is the heir apparent if Kim Jong-Un dies. She is also the child of Kim Jong-Il and Ko Young-hui. She is said to be competent but only in the same fashion as her brother and father, i.e. despotic.

wtf u getting all the hot gossip on the Kim royal family. Like is there some Pyongyang version of the Daily Mail with pages packed full of salacious Kim rumor? I deeply want all the things you've said to be true but i'm afraid to trust again . . . ive been hurt too many times

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Squalid posted:

wtf u getting all the hot gossip on the Kim royal family. Like is there some Pyongyang version of the Daily Mail with pages packed full of salacious Kim rumor? I deeply want all the things you've said to be true but i'm afraid to trust again . . . ive been hurt too many times

wait until you hear about the recent recalls of semi-exiles Kim Kwang Sop or Kim Pyong Il! Which we know are true since they've been spinning their wheels in low-pressure diplomatic positions in central Europe for literal decades.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Acebuckeye13 posted:

any excuse to post this again:

abused my mod powers to edit your post to timg it for phonepeople :mad:

KillHour posted:

Why are you phone posting without using the app?

because i'm an insane tyrant acting with no regard for reason or morality

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 25, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

abused my mod powers to edit your post to timg it for phonepeople :mad:

Why are you phone posting without using the app?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
It's charming that President Titbaby thinks stealth jets are literally invisible and actively harmful he still insists China pays our tariffs. But shooting up bleach is going to actually kill people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's charming that President Titbaby thinks stealth jets are literally invisible and actively harmful he still insists China pays our tariffs. But shooting up bleach on is going to actually kill people.

But this time he’s hurting the right people at least.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Desperate sick people?

:yikes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

wait until you hear about the recent recalls of semi-exiles Kim Kwang Sop or Kim Pyong Il! Which we know are true since they've been spinning their wheels in low-pressure diplomatic positions in central Europe for literal decades.

:ssh: the really hot completely unverifiable probably horseshit gossip is they were recalled specifically because kim jong-un doesn't want to do this poo poo any more and wants to be reprieved

by that logic it's not even inconceivable this could be a suicide, by most accounts jong-un despises being ruler of nkor

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Sounds like someone is about to be Kim Jong-Underground

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

SocketWrench posted:

Hey no worries, I appreciate the fact you were trying to help and inform me.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Guze posted:

Sounds like someone is about to be Kim Jong-Underground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhzb4MK_Wc

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Pick posted:

by that logic it's not even inconceivable this could be a suicide, by most accounts jong-un despises being ruler of nkor

It's kind of ironic that the gig was pretty cushy until he had to fake being friendly with that loving dotard. I'd probably fake my own death than be public friends with the president too, tbh.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

because i'm an insane tyrant acting with no regard for reason or morality

:v:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1253911063336083457
Do not adjust your sleep schedules, this is not your insomnia speaking. The punditry is getting stupider.

still less embarrassing than the NYT's correction today

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Pick posted:

by most accounts jong-un despises being ruler of nkor

No, he's smiling in all those pictures! He loves his country, everyone says so!

Is every other leader just miserable in their position of power? lol

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pick posted:

:ssh: the really hot completely unverifiable probably horseshit gossip is they were recalled specifically because kim jong-un doesn't want to do this poo poo any more and wants to be reprieved

The surviving LOL t-shirt woman is released from prison for one last mission...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Comedy option would be Kim-Jong Un faking his death.

And for the record, not sure if it was a joke but for the most part consensus on Warren is that she tried to play both sides and just pissed them both off, and has burned her bridges with the left and the establishment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Comedy option would be Kim-Jong Un faking his death.

And for the record, not sure if it was a joke but for the most part consensus on Warren is that she tried to play both sides and just pissed them both off, and has burned her bridges with the left and the establishment.

i'm not actually convinced this is consensus on the left or the establishment

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It definitely is on the left. Her Medicare "plan" belied her real intentions of never actually doing it, and the way in which she shived Bernie alienated her from a ton of people. She was best friends with him until suddenly he was a misogynistic monster that she wouldn't shake hands with, and then she played nice and shook hands with him a few weeks later like nothing had happened when her attack failed to get any traction.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I can't help but laugh at this poo poo because big dumb daddy will get away with this

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The only people dumb enough to do this are chuds

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Has the number of people attending hospital to have lightbulbs and flashlights removed from their backsides also gone up? I'm assuming "The President told me to do it" is a slightly less embarrasing excuse than the usual "I fell and landed on it" excuse.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

SocketWrench posted:

I have, it's not pretty. The immediate aftermath was everyone involved got some time off followed by reduced or no pay raises for a few years while getting all the poo poo jobs in the shop

Some people sent the shop owner a box of dicks.....and a glitter bomb

I would love to hear this story.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ManBoyChef posted:

I would love to hear this story.

A group of people wanted to mess with the supervisor, you know, the whole joking around thing, we all got along well enough. So they pooled their money together and went to the box of dicks website and ordered the box of gummy dicks and a glitter bomb. Whoever ordered it, however, did not fill out the supervisor's name, they just sent it to the shop. So since the glitter bomb looked like a blueprint tube the owner took it along with the box since they came from the same place, and....whelp. Let's just say the custodians had a rather difficult time cleaning the boss' office.
So the next day being extra mad, the guy told everyone he was gonna start cycling the whole shop through the poo poo tasks like cleaning out the dump pits or scraping floors under the racks where oil and garbage builds up unless the people responsible came forward. They ended up getting a week off for insubordination and horse play, cycled through the poo poo jobs for a while, and every time pay raises came up the boss found excuses to reduce or deny raises like attendance, work performance, etc.

To this day mentioning that incident in ear shot of the dude sends him into a rage

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wasnt he like 38? or something. he must have hosed his body up mighty quick. link me up some info.

He didn't listen when the doctor told him to start dipping the butter sticks he was eating in half and half instead of heavy cream. Gets em every time.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1253875659954421760

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

She 1000 percent burned all bridges with the left.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

lmao

Kim Jong-Chul seems to be living the best possible life out of all of them (not that that's saying much given that two of the four are dead). From what limited information I was able to find on him I doubt he'll be challenging Kim Sol-song for the throne (and if he really is gay all the more reason to keep his head down and not risk assassination).

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Kim Jong-Chul seems to be living the best possible life out of all of them (not that that's saying much given that two of the four are dead). From what limited information I was able to find on him I doubt he'll be challenging Kim Sol-song for the throne (and if he really is gay all the more reason to keep his head down and not risk assassination).

Yeah. It seems like he is doing something he enjoys.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This kinda sounds like Kim Sol-Song is leading from the shadows for a while now.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We still haven’t gotten our stimulus peanuts but they had t-shirt cannons loaded with cash to fire at every large business craven enough to apply for help they didn’t need gently caress OFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This story by Thae Yong Ho is wild. Dude just wants to play guitar and listen to Eric Clapton. I can see why dad said he was not dictator material

quote:

In a series of encrypted emails in 2015, Mr. Thae — who at the time was the No. 2 diplomat in North Korea’s London Embassy — received instructions for handling a special visitor from Pyongyang: Kim Jong-chol. He wanted to attend an Eric Clapton concert there.

The leader’s brother was such a fan of Mr. Clapton that the North Korean government once made a deposit of one million euros, about $1,170,000, on a contract to invite him to perform in Pyongyang, Mr. Thae said. But the musician declined and the deposit was returned.

For the London concert, the book says, Mr. Thae was ordered to secure six tickets and two suites at one of the city’s best hotels and to make reservations at top restaurants. After the brother landed in London late at night, flying first-class via Moscow, he ordered Mr. Thae to take him straight to the HMV music store on Oxford Street and to bang on the door to have the store opened for him.

“On my way to London, all I could think of in the plane was visiting the music shop,” Mr. Thae quotes him as saying.

Mr. Kim’s brother was eventually persuaded to instead visit the shop when it opened the next day. But Mr. Thae said the trouble for him and his staff was just beginning. The brother insisted on smoking wherever and whenever he wanted. And despite all the scouting for top-notch restaurants, he also liked to eat at McDonald’s.

On the city’s Denmark Street, which was lined with guitar shops, “he was as happy as if he owned the entire world,” Mr. Thae said. At one shop Mr. Kim picked a guitar and let loose riffs that impressed the shop’s owner so much that they played an impromptu duet.

At the Clapton concert, the book recounts, Mr. Kim snatched up T-shirts, albums and other souvenirs. During the performance, he was completely taken over by the music, standing up, wildly clapping and raising his fist.

Back at the hotel, at the suggestion of the still-excited visitor, the two men and the other North Korean diplomats present drank all of the liquor in their minibars.

But during his 61 hours with the brother, Mr. Thae said, he found him to be completely sidelined from Mr. Kim’s power apparatus. Unlike the other Kim family members — who are usually referred to as “commander comrades” — he carried no such title.

The brother once sang the American song “My Way” in the car and his eyes grew misty, Mr. Thae said. “He was just a guy crazy about music and the guitar.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/world/asia/north-korea-kim-jong-un-book.html