Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Valicious posted:

I have to sit so close because my eyes are really bad. I'm legally blind at 20/200 or somesuch. Best Buy has a really nice Predator for $350, but it's only a 1900R. I guess I'll get the Viotek though because 1500R seems like it'd make a pretty big difference since I'm so close.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-refurbished-predator-x34-34-ips-led-ultrawide-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/6290512.p?skuId=6290512

I just had a thought - do you know anyone with a VR headset? I wonder if using a headset even for desktop use would involve less total compromise for you. Seems unlikely but if you have an easy way to try it out I'd give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The optics in VR headsets are usually tuned so your eyes focus about 6 feet away - if they can only focus at 6 inches it's probably not going to be usable.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

K8.0 posted:

I just had a thought - do you know anyone with a VR headset? I wonder if using a headset even for desktop use would involve less total compromise for you. Seems unlikely but if you have an easy way to try it out I'd give it a shot.

That's a really interesting idea. I'm not sure how typing would work though since I use a toothbrush in my mouth. (can't use hands)
I've tried 27" monitors before, but never in 21:9. 34" is easier in that I can be even just an inch or two farther away, but 27" could be fine in 21:9. 30" seems like a nice compromise too.
Can anyone find a good 21:9 27"-30" 1500R 2K or better monitor for me? I'd be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for one that ticks all the boxes.
I can't go out and physically look at monitors right now because I'm in the "at risk" category for catching the virus. Given all my physical and vision issues though, having a good way to make returns is paramount though.

Valicious fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 23, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

repiv posted:

The optics in VR headsets are usually tuned so your eyes focus about 6 feet away - if they can only focus at 6 inches it's probably not going to be usable.

I couldn't remember the typical number off the top of my head. It just seems like a possible way to get the entire "monitor" at a single focal length. Aren't there third-party manufacturers who make lenses with different focal lengths, or would none of them do enough?

Valicious posted:

That's a really interesting idea. I'm not sure how typing would work though since I use a toothbrush in my mouth. (can't use hands)
I've tried 27" monitors before, but never in 21:9. 34" is easier in that I can be even just an inch or two farther away, but 27" could be fine in 21:9. 30" seems like a nice compromise too.
Can anyone find a good 21:9 27"-30" 1500R 2K or better monitor for me? I'd be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for one that ticks all the boxes.
I can't go out and physically look at monitors right now because I'm in the "at risk" category for catching the virus. Given all my physical and vision issues though, having a good way to make returns is paramount though.

The Samsung CJ791 is 34" 21:9 1440p and 1500R, although it's bigger than your ideal and really expensive. I'm gonna guess the Viotek you were looking at before uses the same or similar panel, and it is seeming like maybe the best option for you. Before buying anything, I would honestly go ask around on reddit. Since you're such an edge case, the much larger userbase is going to make it much more likely to run across people who either have similar issues or have experience with the particular monitors you're considering.
One thing I will tell you is that with my 1800R 34" 1440p monitor, if I put my eyes 6" from the center, they're like 16" from the edges. 1500R isn't going to make that THAT much better, so I'm guessing you'd still need to do some degree of lateral head movement. Maybe I'm not understanding everything, but given the set of constraints you've expressed it almost seems like you'd be best off with a relatively small screen that you can be quite close to, almost like a tablet style display. Have you tried something like that and how comfortable is it for you?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
When are we getting 360Hz monitors?

This monitor shortage due to the recent pandemic also messed up my plans. I really need to get a new second monitor and possibly a new third, and now I'm hesitant to do it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 23, 2020

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Aren't there third-party manufacturers who make lenses with different focal lengths, or would none of them do enough?

There are, but I don't know if they scale far enough for Valicious' prescription

e.g. https://vroptician.com can make lenses with SPH from -16 to +10 and CYL from -6 to +6

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Lateral head movement is mush preferable to vertical head movement. Seeing things to the left and right is MUCH easier than above. I'm fully on board now that 34" is too big, so 27"-30". I'll make a post on Reddit as well, thanks.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Khorne posted:

When are we getting 360Hz monitors?

This monitor shortage due to the recent pandemic also messed up my plans. I really need to get a new second monitor and possibly a new third, and now I'm hesitant to do it.

They were announced at CES back in Jan, but in keeping with typical monitor-industry standards, they provided absolutely zero guidance as to a release date or price. They're not out yet, though, at any rate, but it could be tomorrow, could be next year. One never knows!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DrDork posted:

They were announced at CES back in Jan, but in keeping with typical monitor-industry standards, they provided absolutely zero guidance as to a release date or price. They're not out yet, though, at any rate, but it could be tomorrow, could be next year. One never knows!
I'm not even sure what monitor setup I want. I have a xb271hu bmirpz as my main monitor right now and I had 2x 21.5-24" 1080p monitors as my second and third (one 144Hz). I'm really torn on going back to a 1080p tn panel because while it'd be better for some things I do it's worse in many others. And switching monitors around seems kinda awkward.

I've really wanted a 4k secondary monitor, but I worry about window management a whole lot. I just suck at it. How do people in the thread deal with window management on ultrawides or larger monitors? I've always found it to be a struggle in windows. Especially if something like a game is on the primary monitor. I largely use windows key+arrow keys combined with being an alt-tab master in windows but that's not so great with higher resolutions. On linux/mac I use multiple workspaces and it's far easier to manage productivity applications that way, although even in those operating systems I feel like I'm doing window management wrong.

To a lesser extent I also worry about scaling at mixed resolutions with a 4k monitor, and most 4k monitors these days seem aimed at using some amount of scaling instead of providing true 4k real estate for productivity.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I ended up pulling the trigger on that and it just now arrived at my door. Will trip report later.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Khorne posted:

I've really wanted a 4k secondary monitor, but I worry about window management a whole lot. I just suck at it. How do people in the thread deal with window management on ultrawides or larger monitors? I've always found it to be a struggle in windows. Especially if something like a game is on the primary monitor. I largely use windows key+arrow keys combined with being an alt-tab master in windows but that's not so great with higher resolutions. On linux/mac I use multiple workspaces and it's far easier to manage productivity applications that way, although even in those operating systems I feel like I'm doing window management wrong.

To a lesser extent I also worry about scaling at mixed resolutions with a 4k monitor, and most 4k monitors these days seem aimed at using some amount of scaling instead of providing true 4k real estate for productivity.

You can do multiple workspaces in Win10 natively, too, though they don't advertise it much. Win+Tab to bring up an overall manager, Ctrl+Win+Left/Right to cycle through the workspaces. Works well if you like that sort of thing.

For me, I run 27+34+27, so I basically have enough space not to do windows management: my one monitor has two 1/2 screen web browsers up for all my billion tab needs, my other side monitor has Afterburner, Discord, some assorted other chat stuff, WinAmp, etc., and then my main has whatever I'm actively doing (game, Excel, whatever).

With a 4k monitor you can use software to carve it up into 4x1080p chunks and use each as a snapable window space, which is pretty nifty if you can read stuff that small.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

DrDork posted:

You can do multiple workspaces in Win10 natively, too, though they don't advertise it much. Win+Tab to bring up an overall manager, Ctrl+Win+Left/Right to cycle through the workspaces. Works well if you like that sort of thing.

For me, I run 27+34+27, so I basically have enough space not to do windows management: my one monitor has two 1/2 screen web browsers up for all my billion tab needs, my other side monitor has Afterburner, Discord, some assorted other chat stuff, WinAmp, etc., and then my main has whatever I'm actively doing (game, Excel, whatever).

With a 4k monitor you can use software to carve it up into 4x1080p chunks and use each as a snapable window space, which is pretty nifty if you can read stuff that small.

Your neck must be made of steel, holy poo poo.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
Nah, I just don't find it all that problematic to turn my head left or right a bit for 30 seconds to type out a reply or glance at a web page. I've got a decent computer chair that swivels, and normally sit back 2-3 feet from the monitors, so it all works out pretty well--rarely am I turning my neck/body more than ~30deg. It does take an enormous amount of desk space, though.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

DrDork posted:

Nah, I just don't find it all that problematic to turn my head left or right a bit for 30 seconds to type out a reply or glance at a web page. I've got a decent computer chair that swivels, and normally sit back 2-3 feet from the monitors, so it all works out pretty well--rarely am I turning my neck/body more than ~30deg. It does take an enormous amount of desk space, though.

That it does, my setup at home of a 34+24 already takes up most of the length of my desk.

I'm looking to replace my 24 inch though; it's a nice monitor but a little behind the times as it's 1080p and the extra real estate of a 27' would be welcome. The pricing on computer electronics is pretty bad right now with the pandemic but I'm still building up a list of recommendations.

Minimum requirements:
  • Multiple HMDI/DP/Combo of the 2 Inputs. 2 required, 3 is better. (do they even make single input monitors anymore?)
  • 1440p 60Hz
  • Bang for the buck color/contrast. I don't do color-sensitive work and I do all my gaming on the 34"
  • Small bezels oh my god save me from enormous bezel hell
  • Expecting to pay in the $3-400 range

Nice to have:
  • 4K and/or 144 Hz if it can be found cheap but reasonably good quality
  • Better color/contrast

Basically it'll be a standard secondary screen most of the time but having the option to watch/play media on it and not look like rear end. I'll recoup a hundred or so selling off the old one.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

The way commodity monitors shift in and out of availability and good pricing it's impossible to tell you specific models to look at until the market resettles, but I think you should definitely be looking at 4k. The cost for 4k60 over 1440p60 is fairly minimal.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Just got my Asus VG27WQ the other day and have been using it for combination of AutoCAD work and gaming. Ask me anything. I'm a VA heathen now.

So far the contrast and colors are great (odd artifacting in the high greens and reds in the SRGB mode though... but it is fixed with some color profiling) and the motion blur is definitely there, but not horrible. ELMB helps a bit but also tanks the brightness as expected. HDR works and actually looks pretty good, even if it isn't actual HDR (HDR 400).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
eBay has a 10% off code going - TIMEFORTEN, $50 max discount, expires 5/3. Haven't checked to see if it's valid on monitors through Newegg's store.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Working from home so much combined with it having been a comical 8.5 years since I built a new PC has gotten me itching to start over, including new monitor(s).
Current set up is a decent but not top of the line at the time 2012 PC build, with a comically old 2008 14" BenQ monitor with a drat 25"(?) HDTV my wife set up as a 2nd monitor when I was out of town.

Use would be a mix of things: work, general surfing, gaming. Won't really use it for watching movies etc if that matters.
I work in web development. I do some photoshop/illustrator work, but it's mostly your usual coding type of applications. Browser window(s), a text editor, maybe an ftp client open at the same time. I do like to play games, though mostly single player non-competetive games. If I'm playing FPSs it's mostly story campaigns - I don't really play online that much.

Am thinking about 27" 144Hz. While 4k is tempting, I don't usually work from home and if I'm honest about it - I don't need that much screen real estate. Dual 27" monitors will seem huge to me as it is. Additionally, I've read enough to convince myself that gaming on high settings at 1440p 144Hz would preferable to 4k at 60Hz. I'm certainly not willing to spend what it would take for an insane 4k 144Hz set up anyway.

So digging around over the past couple days, I started to hone in on what seems to be a thread favorite - the LG 27GL83A-B.

wonderboy posted:

Amazon has ~14 of the LG 27GL83A-B for $377.76 as of this post, get 'em while they last!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGZL8XF

This was the case again today (but not right now) for what it's worth. Not sure if that happens a lot or not. Wasn't ready to pull the trigger though, so moot point.

Getting to the point with a couple questions:
- This is a decent choice, yes? Anything else in that same <$400 price range when it's on sale to look out for?

- I want a dual monitor set up. A part of me feels that a 2nd monitor on this level that I wouldn't game on is a bit overkill, but a part of me wants them to be the same if just for aesthetics alone. (Probably the dumbest reason possible.) The money isn't really that big a deal assuming I'm spending in that $375 range each, but is it just idiotic? Would maybe another 1440 27" monitor with a lower refresh rate be a better/smarter idea?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Got a LG 27GL83A-B a few days ago, can someone explain what's going on here? Googling "orange appearance on black monitor screen" isn't coming up with much.

It's not nearly as bad as my camera on my phone is making it out to be, but still noticeable and annoying. Not an issue when it's not a heavy black background. I guess I'm trying to figure out if this is defective or normal. It looks worse at some angles and better at others, but being relatively straight on with the monitor it's pretty noticeable.

Edit: Here's another picture... again my camera is making it like 80% worse than it looks, but it's still noticable.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 25, 2020

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isnt that just backlight bleed? Seems to be common in the bottom right zone for specifically that model and just about every IPS panel. Some people dont notice it, some do. If you are one of the unlucky ones you can keep exchanging it until you get a good one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is "IPS glow", some amount of it is inherent to the technology. As you say, it comes out looking much worse on camera so it's hard to say if you have an unreasonable amount of it.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
If you stare at 0,0,0 backgrounds all day long, IPS is not the technology for you, but that said, it's difficult to really see how bad it is, as someone else mentioned, because the camera is going to blow out the exposure.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm trying to find a decent monitor with freesync with a budget of $250. Preferably 27". Probably smaller since I only need 1080p with my RX 580.(I dont know what I need. I'm on a tv right now and i want to die lol)

Edit: might pull the trigger on this guy (MSI Optix G24C4)
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475055

I've had this monitor for about a week and I've done a lot of different things on it and I really love it. It's probably not the best but I'm not upset about this purchase.

eames
May 9, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

This is "IPS glow", some amount of it is inherent to the technology. As you say, it comes out looking much worse on camera so it's hard to say if you have an unreasonable amount of it.

Yep, this is it. The quality of IPS panels is inconsistent in this market segment, so there will also be some variance from panel to panel. If you feel like it is really bad it may be worth trying for an RMA, but the pictures of the „worst case“ you posted look relatively normal when accounting for the camera and auto exposure. The good news is that you’ll probably get used to it over time...

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Tony Phillips posted:

Am thinking about 27" 144Hz. While 4k is tempting, I don't usually work from home and if I'm honest about it - I don't need that much screen real estate. Dual 27" monitors will seem huge to me as it is. Additionally, I've read enough to convince myself that gaming on high settings at 1440p 144Hz would preferable to 4k at 60Hz. I'm certainly not willing to spend what it would take for an insane 4k 144Hz set up anyway.

I'm not sure gaming at 4k 144Hz is even possible.

Tony Phillips posted:

- I want a dual monitor set up. A part of me feels that a 2nd monitor on this level that I wouldn't game on is a bit overkill, but a part of me wants them to be the same if just for aesthetics alone. (Probably the dumbest reason possible.) The money isn't really that big a deal assuming I'm spending in that $375 range each, but is it just idiotic? Would maybe another 1440 27" monitor with a lower refresh rate be a better/smarter idea?

Unless you're gonna use a dual monitor gaming setup, I think I'd say it's a waste of money. Or I WOULD say that if every 27" 1440p monitor I can find, even with 60Hz, wasn't the same price at about $400.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 25, 2020

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If the backlight bleed is annoying you, I would swap it for another panel. My 83A is a lot better than that, so it’s panel variance at play.

Oh the joys of monitors.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Set your brightness to a sane level before thinking about BLB. Monitors generally come with absolutely insane default brightness settings, probably so they don't look dim and lovely in a stupidly overlit store.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

At a 300 to 400 dollar budget is the Acer Nitro VG271U in the running for the best 27" 1440p freesync IPS panel? Any options worth considering over it?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
If it's a dice roll that it would actually get better with a different monitor I'll probably just deal with it. If it wasn't an orange hue it would be a lot more tolerable.

K8.0 posted:

Set your brightness to a sane level before thinking about BLB. Monitors generally come with absolutely insane default brightness settings, probably so they don't look dim and lovely in a stupidly overlit store.

Thanks for the suggestion, seems to have helped a bit.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How do you set monitor settings? I feel like there's so many things you can adjust. I start screwing around and before I know it, it's completely weird.

I've got the LG27GL83A-B for reference. Just using the SRGB setting for now.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I ended up pulling the trigger on that and it just now arrived at my door. Will trip report later.

Had a couple days to play with it now, and I gotta say I am very happy with it. Will probably continue to tweak settings a bit, but overall this is a fantastic monitor and a huge upgrade for me.

The freesync appears to be working great with my Nvidia 1060 6GB with g-sync compatibility enabled, and it runs video and games smoothly. The card is struggling with 1440p games but handling Far Cry 5 at high detail with freesync smoothing things out.

No IPS glow that I can discern, no dead pixels, really solid build quality.

For full disclosure, I'm coming off running this old warhorse for a decade or so: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02652506

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Real useful post above. Thanks.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2020

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I got my Nixeus Edg v2 from Newegg via Ebay - it is super sweet, thinner bezels than my old QNIX and the 144Hz/GSync is even more noticeably smooth compared to my old 96Hz, but it unfortunately came with some pretty big clusters of dead pixels. Hopefully Newegg will allow a return via EBay.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Cavauro posted:

At a 300 to 400 dollar budget is the Acer Nitro VG271U in the running for the best 27" 1440p freesync IPS panel? Any options worth considering over it?

In the US, I would not say so. I would consider the Nixeus EDG-27 v2 (preferably not bought from Newegg tho), the Acer XF270HUA (make sure it's the IPS version of the monitor) and the LG 27GL83A (slightly more expensive at around $370-380, but also a better monitor in most ways) as the three default buys in that price range. There are several Acer models like the VG271U based on the Innolux panels, but it doesn't perform quite as well and as such they wouldn't be my preference.

katkillad2 posted:

If it's a dice roll that it would actually get better with a different monitor I'll probably just deal with it. If it wasn't an orange hue it would be a lot more tolerable.

Orange is very unusual. IPS usually glow/BLB is usually tinted blue if anything.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lowness 72 posted:

How do you set monitor settings? I feel like there's so many things you can adjust. I start screwing around and before I know it, it's completely weird.

I've got the LG27GL83A-B for reference. Just using the SRGB setting for now.

With my hardware calibration on my 83A on Gamer 1, it is set to:

Brightness 22
Contrast 70
Sharpness 50
Gamma Mode 2
Red 54
Green 50
Blue 47
Black Stabilizer 50
Response Time - Fast (crucial setting for this panel)

Of course that just for my individual panel. I would also recommend picking up an ICC profile for the 83A or 850 from somewhere like RTings and getting that applied through the awful Windows color manager.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I’m hoping to move my PC to a place that’ll require a cable >10’ to my monitor, I’ve seen active DisplayPort cables that claim to be able to do so but am I going to regret that? I just don’t want to sacrifice latency, resolution, or frame rate. Or any other specs I haven’t thought of. Are those cables to be trusted, or are they just scammy bullshit? If the former, any specifically recommended products?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Had a couple days to play with it now, and I gotta say I am very happy with it. Will probably continue to tweak settings a bit, but overall this is a fantastic monitor and a huge upgrade for me.

The freesync appears to be working great with my Nvidia 1060 6GB with g-sync compatibility enabled, and it runs video and games smoothly. The card is struggling with 1440p games but handling Far Cry 5 at high detail with freesync smoothing things out.

No IPS glow that I can discern, no dead pixels, really solid build quality.

For full disclosure, I'm coming off running this old warhorse for a decade or so: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02652506

Cavauro posted:

Real useful post above. Thanks.

Another happy customer.

I feel bad saying this but it's real important that if you aren't picking a monitor that's linked from a post by a thread regular here, for your particular use-case/segment, you really should run it by this thread instead. The monitor market is loving terrible, there's no reason why you should have to know that this XF270HU is TN and worth a significant amount less, and that one is IPS and worth more. And they change the models multiple times yearly. There are no less than a half dozen different models that are all advertised as "XF270HU", it's completely terrible and it's not your fault. Or the fact that Newegg has a terrible dead pixel policy and you should not buy a monitor from them at all. There’s just a stupid amount of gotchas in this market.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 27, 2020

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

katkillad2 posted:

Got a LG 27GL83A-B a few days ago, can someone explain what's going on here? Googling "orange appearance on black monitor screen" isn't coming up with much.

It's not nearly as bad as my camera on my phone is making it out to be, but still noticeable and annoying. Not an issue when it's not a heavy black background. I guess I'm trying to figure out if this is defective or normal. It looks worse at some angles and better at others, but being relatively straight on with the monitor it's pretty noticeable.

Edit: Here's another picture... again my camera is making it like 80% worse than it looks, but it's still noticable.

For the record: IPS glow/backlight bleed will almost always be there if you go looking for it. A "good" IPS monitor still may have brown corners if you're on a completely black loading screen in a dark room.

Turn the brightness down to 50% and re-assess. Also, random "comparative" shots are hard to assess unless you "match" the exposure (shutter/aperture/ISO).

But there's no question that random IPS monitor samples have a lot of backlight bleed and glow. If you play primarily space games and a small amount of real-world corner bleed will bother you, then say so, IPS probably is not for you.

This monitor looks high to me though.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 26, 2020

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Saw this post that might be helpful?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/g78ol8/meet_the_butcher_a_gamma_testing_image/

Cygni posted:

With my hardware calibration on my 83A on Gamer 1, it is set to:

Brightness 22
Contrast 70
Sharpness 50
Gamma Mode 2
Red 54
Green 50
Blue 47
Black Stabilizer 50
Response Time - Fast (crucial setting for this panel)

Of course that just for my individual panel. I would also recommend picking up an ICC profile for the 83A or 850 from somewhere like RTings and getting that applied through the awful Windows color manager.

Thanks dude. Why is your brightness so low? The default sRGB profile for mine is at 60. Do you just get used to a lower brightness level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

The monitor market is loving terrible, there's no reason why you should have to know that this XF270HU is TN and worth a significant amount less, and that one is IPS and worth more. And they change the models multiple times yearly. There are no less than a half dozen different models that are all advertised as "XF270HU", it's completely terrible and it's not your fault.

If I could find whoever over at Acer is responsible for their naming conventions, we would have words. It's clearly intended to confuse people who don't have the time/wherewithal to dig into the fine details, and that's bullshit.