Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is it just me or Tseng apparently an immortal, because he looks exactly the same in flashback as he does today and both Aerith and Elmyra have clearly aged since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We know for sure he is anything but immortal :v:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

We know for sure he is anything but immortal :v:

You know what I mean you sassy bird man.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Maybe Shinra benefits include plastic surgery for higher ups

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm expecting some sort of reveal where Tseng benefited from Hojo's experiments on Vincent, since he also doesn't age over a course of like 30 years.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

So this dropped a couple days ago. It's Spoiler Mode + Max Dood doing some deep deep theory wankery.
(If this was posted already apologies, this thread moves really fast sometimes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfgw7iDZ-bo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i missed kyrie's first appearance but the moment i saw her and her stupid loving stockings i though "oh i hate this horrible nomura girl"

her stockings are good, dweeb

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crowetron posted:

I'm expecting some sort of reveal where Tseng benefited from Hojo's experiments on Vincent, since he also doesn't age over a course of like 30 years.

I definitely feel like this is some sort of weird plot point. It would take very little to change Tseng's model to make him look a little younger. The fact it's literally exactly the same?? That's... noticeably odd.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
If you have wallpaper engine, everyone's favorite dance sequence and makeover are available.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2062546968

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Here are some fun Cloud facts for everyone while we wait for Final Fantasy VII Revengeance or for the world to end, whichever comes first!

• The Motonox Gust may not have an exact 1:1 equivalent to real-world bikes, but it looks pretty close to a Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 to me, and that bike has a top speed of one hundred thirty-one (131) kilometers per hour, or eighty-one (81) miles per hour. Roche's bike of indeterminate name can be safely assumed to have an even higher throughput as it vastly outperforms the Motonox Gust during the chase sequence in Chapter 4. This means that Cloud leaps from the seat of a bike traveling one hundred thirty-one (131) kilometers per hour (or something close to it!) onto a bike that is likely traveling even faster, successfully sticks the landing, leaps off of that bike to execute a front-flipping sword attack, and then jumps from the now-crippled Rochemachine back onto the original motorcycle with very little expended effort! Wow!
  • Midgar's plates are stated to be three hundred (300) meters above the ground, or a little under nine hundred eighty-five (985) feet. Being generous and factoring in Cloud's grapnel gun having fifty (50) feet of slack wire to help brake his fall, that means Cloud falls just about 75% of the height of the Empire State Building before impacting the roof of the church in the Sector 5 slums and surviving. Unrealistic, you say? It takes almost twelve seconds of freefall for a human being to reach terminal velocity, from an average height of four hundred fifty (450) meters. He would hit the roof at a mere estimated one hundred fifteen (115) kilometers per hour, or a little over seventy-one (71) miles per hour. That's practically the speed limit most places! No problem!
  • Cloud gets into several fights with helicopters at various points in the story, and they look to be loosely modeled on the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, which could mount a GAU-19/A heavy machine gun that fired .50 BMG cartridges at a rate of up to two thousand (2000) rounds per minute. He wins a couple of these fights!
  • no but seriously the ending to FF7R is just super unrealistic, like, the party's power level just doesn't make any sense. like now Cloud is jumping on flying debris and slicing through stuff and it's just ridiculous and over the top and it's Advent Children and NOMURAAAAA!! 0/10 game, please refund

(sorry for this terrible set up for that terrible joke I'm just very tired and I've had to listen to an hour of my good friend complain about FF7R's ending and how the party is unrealistically powerful or whatever.)

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 25, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Juxtapose with cloud and Barret at drum door.gif

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

guts and bolts posted:

Here are some fun Cloud facts for everyone while we wait for Final Fantasy VII Revengeance or for the world to end, whichever comes first!

• The Motonox Gust may not have an exact 1:1 equivalent to real-world bikes, but it looks pretty close to a Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 to me, and that bike has a top speed of one hundred thirty-one (131) kilometers per hour, or eighty-one (81) miles per hour. Roche's bike of indeterminate name can be safely assumed to have an even higher throughput as it vastly outperforms the Motonox Gust during the chase sequence in Chapter 4. This means that Cloud leaps from the seat of a bike traveling one hundred thirty-one (131) kilometers per hour (or something close to it!) onto a bike that is likely traveling even faster, successfully sticks the landing, leaps off of that bike to execute a front-flipping sword attack, and then jumps from the now-crippled Rochemachine back onto the original motorcycle with very little expended effort! Wow!
  • Midgar's plates are stated to be three hundred (300) meters above the ground, or a little under nine hundred eighty-five (985) feet. Being generous and factoring in Cloud's grapnel gun having fifty (50) feet of slack wire to help brake his fall, that means Cloud falls just about 75% of the height of the Empire State Building before impacting the roof of the church in the Sector 5 slums and surviving. Unrealistic, you say? It takes almost twelve seconds of freefall for a human being to reach terminal velocity, from an average height of four hundred fifty (450) meters. He would hit the roof at a mere estimated one hundred fifteen (115) kilometers per hour, or a little over seventy-one (71) miles per hour. That's practically the speed limit most places! No problem!
  • Cloud gets into several fights with helicopters at various points in the story, and they look to be loosely modeled on the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, which could mount a GAU-19/A heavy machine gun that fired .50 BMG cartridges at a rate of up to two thousand (2000) rounds per minute. He wins a couple of these fights!
  • no but seriously the ending to FF7R is just super unrealistic, like, the party's power level just doesn't make any sense. like now Cloud is jumping on flying debris and slicing through stuff and it's just ridiculous and over the top and it's Advent Children and NOMURAAAAA!! 0/10 game, please refund

(sorry for this terrible set up for that terrible joke I'm just very tired and I've had to listen to an hour of my good friend complain about FF7R's ending and how the party is unrealistically powerful or whatever.)

I mean, I'm a huge fan of the game and the ending didn't really bother me, but it's kind of silly to argue against there being an immersion-breaking power spike at the end. You cited the most cartoonishly unrealistic things that happen in the entire game and they still don't compare to cutting buildings in half and literally teleporting around. Cloud goes from being Captain America-like super athlete to someone that can ignore space-time and physics entirely.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Everyone of note in this game has Anime Superpowers, not just the party. Reno is a flunky midboss and he can run around as a laser beam.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsuolxcp07Q

Some dude managed to get Red XIII partially playable (controllable but no abilities/materia), the animations look incredible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not a single bullet hits any named character in any cutscene in the entire game

barret clearly just has an airsoft gun attached to his stump

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Schwartzcough posted:

I mean, I'm a huge fan of the game and the ending didn't really bother me, but it's kind of silly to argue against there being an immersion-breaking power spike at the end. You cited the most cartoonishly unrealistic things that happen in the entire game and they still don't compare to cutting buildings in half and literally teleporting around. Cloud goes from being Captain America-like super athlete to someone that can ignore space-time and physics entirely.

Yeah, this. People would not be pointing this out if it did not represent a huge jump that breaks any sense of weight or stakes. We were hiding in a bathroom two hours earlier. Teleporting and killing a god is a little bit of a stretch, and I don't think it'll fit well to go from that to... a chocobo farm, presumably.
Yes, FF7 bent physics, but it has less to do with concrete realism than with inconsistent and exaggerated feats that rob scenes of scale or tension. I think folks can recognize the difference between OG FF7 and Advent Children, and folks have spent the better part of a decade and a half pointing that out. Same poo poo here. I love the game, but that is a major flaw with the ending and it shouldn't be ignored.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

Beefstew posted:

Yeah, this. People would not be pointing this out if it did not represent a huge jump that breaks any sense of weight or stakes. We were hiding in a bathroom two hours earlier. Teleporting and killing a god is a little bit of a stretch, and I don't think it'll fit well to go from that to... a chocobo farm, presumably.
Yes, FF7 bent physics, but it has less to do with concrete realism than with inconsistent and exaggerated feats that rob scenes of scale or tension. I think folks can recognize the difference between OG FF7 and Advent Children, and folks have spent the better part of a decade and a half pointing that out. Same poo poo here. I love the game, but that is a major flaw with the ending and it shouldn't be ignored.

The characters are exactly as strong as the plot requires them to be, no more and no less. You could argue that this breaks immersion from time to time and I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I don't see anyone complaining that Cloud struggles to help Aerith move a dresser out of the way during the church escape, or cloud_and_barret_vs_a_door.gif. I think the over-the-top nature of the game's closing minutes draws flak because of what it parallels (the excesses of Advent Children and similar works) rather than what it actually is. It seems to be less "that's inconsistent with what these characters can do" (because, I'd argue, there's not a whole lot of consistency) and more "every time I've seen a thing that features characters who can do [poo poo from the ending], it has wound up being really bad."

Everyone has their own line of bullshit they'll brook, and I respect if your line gets crossed by the ending, but I don't think it somehow invalidates the stakes of what's happening or pulls me out of the events. This is just the nature of anime superheroes doing anime superhero stuff.

I think sometimes I read as dismissive or combative and I don't mean to be. I actually like other perspectives. So I'm being sincere when I say: why doesn't the other stuff bother you, but the ending does? Is it really "well now he's super anime"?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The super-jump building cutting stuff only happens inside the Whisper dimension, and there's no reason to think everything that happens there is literal. Meteor gets slurped up in there, if all that stuff is as real as Cloud & Barret kicking a door then the plot's already over.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

The characters are exactly as strong as the plot requires them to be, no more and no less. You could argue that this breaks immersion from time to time and I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I don't see anyone complaining that Cloud struggles to help Aerith move a dresser out of the way during the church escape, or cloud_and_barret_vs_a_door.gif. I think the over-the-top nature of the game's closing minutes draws flak because of what it parallels (the excesses of Advent Children and similar works) rather than what it actually is. It seems to be less "that's inconsistent with what these characters can do" (because, I'd argue, there's not a whole lot of consistency) and more "every time I've seen a thing that features characters who can do [poo poo from the ending], it has wound up being really bad."

Everyone has their own line of bullshit they'll brook, and I respect if your line gets crossed by the ending, but I don't think it somehow invalidates the stakes of what's happening or pulls me out of the events. This is just the nature of anime superheroes doing anime superhero stuff.

I think sometimes I read as dismissive or combative and I don't mean to be. I actually like other perspectives. So I'm being sincere when I say: why doesn't the other stuff bother you, but the ending does? Is it really "well now he's super anime"?

If they're doing Advent Children superhero anime stuff at the end of the first act they're going to have to crank up the volume to escalate the stakes in future FF7R games. I think the final chapter is already way too OTT, so it makes me pessimistic about the future direction of this project.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Crowetron posted:

The super-jump building cutting stuff only happens inside the Whisper dimension, and there's no reason to think everything that happens there is literal. Meteor gets slurped up in there, if all that stuff is as real as Cloud & Barret kicking a door then the plot's already over.

Yeah it's a weird fate dimension that you enter by going through a hole in reality, why would it obey the laws of physics

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean there's also all the bike tricks that both Roche and Cloud do. Which I love.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just beat the game. Well, the ending is dumb and literal. But it is totally my type of dumb and literal: A remake of a game that is figuratively and literally haunted by its own legacy, that ends with the Specter of Fate being punched in the dick so hard they need to throw in with the villain just to keep in things on track.

I think the ultimate test of this ending will be once the next part comes out, whenever that is, and just how much it will differ from OG FF7. I don't want it to be just lip service; I want to see how far this crazy train goes off the rails.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Necrothatcher posted:

If they're doing Advent Children superhero anime stuff at the end of the first act they're going to have to crank up the volume to escalate the stakes in future FF7R games. I think the final chapter is already way too OTT, so it makes me pessimistic about the future direction of this project.

So the concern is that there's no way to top what was done in FF7R's ending without veering into the ludicrous? That's fair, even a really good point actually. I had only been considering it when compared to other stuff that happens in this game.

I guess it just doesn't... occur to me that way, I guess, the over-the-topness hurting how much more escalation they can squeeze in? The actual choreography of video game fight scenes tends to almost become a blur in my head unless it's truly well-directed stuff, so I think if the final fight scene of the entire sub-series was on the same level as this game's ending I wouldn't even register that as an issue. As long as the characters and story remain compelling, the exact volume of the fight scene ridiculousness strikes me as an afterthought. Dante in the Devil May Cry games is just kinda exactly as strong as necessary for the plot to function, and while technology has improved to better depict some of his wild shenanigans, the scope of the final battles in each installment fluctuates wildly. In DMC you basically have to kill Evil God while flying through the air as a Super Demon, and then in DMC3 you just fight your brother, and then in DMC5 you just fight someone of roughly the same size and ability as you. All of them felt satisfying, even if the scale and volume is all over the place. That's my operating standard, which I think throws my judgment out of whack for this type of thing.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Onmi posted:

I mean there's also all the bike tricks that both Roche and Cloud do. Which I love.

Stunts are exempt from the laws of physics, as evidenced in the documentary Devil May Cry 3.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:same:

I can't wait for the PC version in a year so people can model swap Aerith's weapons into folding chairs.

Give me a mod that replaces Cloud with Sephiroth in the Honeybee Inn dance sequence.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

guts and bolts posted:

I've said it before, but throughout the rest of the game, Cloud is like a super athlete. He's stronger than a normal person, he can jump higher, he has impressive coordination, and he's really durable (although falling from heights doesn't seem to be a real problem in this world). All in all, almost everything in the game is relatively internally consistent, which is the key to suspension of disbelief. A fictional world is not unbelievable because there's magic, or because people can do impossible things- as long as it's relatively consistent, the audience can accept "this is how things work in this world."

When that relative consistency is thrown out the window, suddenly your immersion breaks. Your brain, subconsciously, goes "wait, I thought I understood this world. How is this happening, now?" So when a character that has been pounding on a rickety-looking Hell House for 20 minutes, and finally wins by jumping on its head and stabbing it, and has to worry about making relatively normal jumps- can now slice skyscrapers in half without slowing down, and can blink out of existence and appear somewhere else, your brain stops being invested in the action and becomes aware that it's watching an inconsistent cartoon.

This is probably a bad example, but take the bad Superman 2 or 3 movies- we're used to Superman being basically a supercharged human- he can see better, jump so hard he flies, etc. We can accept all that. But suddenly he can pull the "S" off his chest and it becomes an expanding cellophane trap that can hold superhumans? And he can rebuild the Great Wall of China with his eyes? What? When you've spend the last 40 hours with a character, getting a feel for what they can do, you can't just give them magic powers they've never had before out of nowhere.

Now, my personal interpretation for it is that it was all due to the "universe" the heroes traveled to. Before you go through the portal, you're given a message about how poo poo is going to be really weird on the other side, so I just like to think that the characters didn't spontaneously become gods, so much as they went to a place where the normal laws of physics don't apply.

e: f;b. That's what I get for getting distracted.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 25, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People complain about power levels when cloud survives like a 20 mile drop from the airbuster boss to be okay thanks to bed of flowers.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Crowetron posted:

Stunts are exempt from the laws of physics, as evidenced in the documentary Devil May Cry 3.

What if I told you that a motorcycle could be nunchuks? ESPN presents 30 For 30: This Party Is Getting Crazy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Schwartzcough posted:

I've said it before, but throughout the rest of the game, Cloud is like a super athlete. He's stronger than a normal person, he can jump higher, he has impressive coordination, and he's really durable (although falling from heights doesn't seem to be a real problem in this world). All in all, almost everything in the game is relatively internally consistent, which is the key to suspension of disbelief. A fictional world is not unbelievable because there's magic, or because people can do impossible things- as long as it's relatively consistent, the audience can accept "this is how things work in this world."

When that relative consistency is thrown out the window, suddenly your immersion breaks. Your brain, subconsciously, goes "wait, I thought I understood this world. How is this happening, now?" So when a character that has been pounding on a rickety-looking Hell House for 20 minutes, and finally wins by jumping on its head and stabbing it, and has to worry about making relatively normal jumps- can now slice skyscrapers in half without slowing down, and can blink out of existence and appear somewhere else, your brain stops being invested in the action and becomes aware that it's watching an inconsistent cartoon.

This is probably a bad example, but take the bad Superman 2 or 3 movies- we're used to Superman being basically a supercharged human- he can see better, jump so hard he flies, etc. We can accept all that. But suddenly he can pull the "S" off his chest and it becomes an expanding cellophane trap that can hold superhumans? And he can rebuild the Great Wall of China with his eyes? What? When you've spend the last 40 hours with a character, getting a feel for what they can do, you can't just give them magic powers they've never had before out of nowhere.

Now, my person interpretation for it is that it was all due to the "universe" the heroes traveled to. Before you go through the portal, you're given a message about how poo poo is going to be really weird on the other side, so I just like to think that the characters didn't spontaneously become gods, so much as they went to a place where the normal laws of physics don't apply.

What about the fact that none of the buildings in the singularity are real, they're weird spiritual objects ripped from the actual buildings, As you can see where a crane is not torn from the ground, but its soul-form is pulled from it. That means the trains that Cloud cuts through aren't trains made of solid steel, but ghost trains.

And we all know you can cut ghost trains.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Superman is a bad example because "Superman does new impossible thing out of nowhere to resolve the plot and the power is never mentioned again" has been part of his comics since before any of us were alive.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Superman is a bad example because "Superman does new impossible thing out of nowhere to resolve the plot and the power is never mentioned again" has been part of his comics since before any of us were alive.

Well yeah, I did point out it'd be a bad example because Superman is notorious for getting convenient powers as needed. It's still bad writing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

So the concern is that there's no way to top what was done in FF7R's ending without veering into the ludicrous? That's fair, even a really good point actually. I had only been considering it when compared to other stuff that happens in this game.

I guess it just doesn't... occur to me that way, I guess, the over-the-topness hurting how much more escalation they can squeeze in? The actual choreography of video game fight scenes tends to almost become a blur in my head unless it's truly well-directed stuff, so I think if the final fight scene of the entire sub-series was on the same level as this game's ending I wouldn't even register that as an issue. As long as the characters and story remain compelling, the exact volume of the fight scene ridiculousness strikes me as an afterthought. Dante in the Devil May Cry games is just kinda exactly as strong as necessary for the plot to function, and while technology has improved to better depict some of his wild shenanigans, the scope of the final battles in each installment fluctuates wildly. In DMC you basically have to kill Evil God while flying through the air as a Super Demon, and then in DMC3 you just fight your brother, and then in DMC5 you just fight someone of roughly the same size and ability as you. That's my operating standard, which I think throws my judgment out of whack for this type of thing.

FFVIIR and DMC are on the same anime-inspired continuum, but I care about the FFVIIR characters way more than I do about the DMC characters.

Characters this well written in the game deserve a "truly well-directed" climax. In the final cut-scene clash between Cloud and Sephiroth I don't feel any tension about the outcome as we're in an anime physics-defying dimension with undefined stakes. What even happens here when Cloud hits Sephiroth with a sword strike? There also isn't any personality in the combat, Cloud and Sephiroth are just executing generic flashy anime moves. They should have hired a fight choreographer as talented as their dialogue writers so the final battle between two storied rivals didn't "almost become a blur in my head."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On an unrelated note, I thought it was a nice touch that post-stabbing, Barret was about to return to the planet like every other NPC mook who died in this game (complete with swirly green light effects), but the ghosts moved in and went "Nope".

...also notably, Jessie and Biggs do *not* get that effect

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm picking up what you're putting down w/r/t immersion. I get that internal consistency maintains the suspension of disbelief. I'm saying that Tifa has her life flash before her eyes when she falls from a chandelier in the Shinra Building, and Cloud hits the Sector 5 church at the speed of someone with the top down on I-40 who is really late for his episode of Murder, She Wrote. Part of Final Fantasy VII to me is just rolling with punches like these. Like I said earlier, Cloud struggles to move a dresser at a later point in the narrative than when he 360 noscopes Roche's bike.

quote:

This is a good point. But I think it's less about, like, believability within the fictional universe and more about how earned that stuff feels. Superman pulling the logo off of his chest or flying around the world backward feels jarring because it isn't even a logical extension of stuff he can already do, sure, but also because it doesn't feel in any way earned. It feels, to me, like the writers needed the story to end and that was the best shot they had left in the chamber. I can see where your mileage may vary vis a vis the FF7R ending, but it just never crossed that threshold for me.

quote:

Now, my person interpretation for it is that it was all due to the "universe" the heroes traveled to. Before you go through the portal, you're given a message about how poo poo is going to be really weird on the other side, so I just like to think that the characters didn't spontaneously become gods, so much as they went to a place where the normal laws of physics don't apply.

I kinda get that vibe from it as well? But I'm not sure I really would've cared either way, I guess.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

On an unrelated note, I thought it was a nice touch that post-stabbing, Barret was about to return to the planet like every other NPC mook who died in this game (complete with swirly green light effects), but the ghosts moved in and went "Nope".

No, see, we never killed anybody all game. Remember when we rescued Johnny and Tifa was like, "let's get out of here before they wake up." And Cloud looks at the clearly dead bodies bleeding out all over the dirt and goes, "...yeah."

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

Well yeah, I did point out it'd be a bad example because Superman is notorious for getting convenient powers as needed. It's still bad writing.

True, that was snarkier than I needed to be, especially since we have the same interpretation of the ending. I just saw that one paragraph and was hit with a sudden flashback to that "SUPER-WEAVING!" panel.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

What even happens here when Cloud hits Sephiroth with a sword strike?
I imagine the same thing that happened to Sephiroth when they did this fight in the original game. He died.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Okay, actually the most unrealistic thing is that Iron Sword Cloud gets from some random shop in the slums is strong enough to get stuck in the ground and used to pivot a motorcycle without snapping.

That hurt my suspension of disbelief more than anything in bizarro fate-world.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

DeathChicken posted:

Doesn't happen to President Shinra. I always interpreted that as an extra-diegetic thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Clarste posted:

Okay, actually the most unrealistic thing is that Iron Sword Cloud gets from some random shop in the slums is strong enough to get stuck in the ground and used to pivot an entire motorcycle without snapping.

That hurt my suspension of disbelief more than anything in bizarro fate-world.

All the weapons in the game are actually capital W Weapons like the kaiju from the original game and can react to their environments and circumstances. The Iron Sword saw Cloud was about to do something sick as hell and did everything it could to ensure the cool stunt succeeded.

Similarly, Barret's arm guns are all Turks fans, which is why none of his bullets even came close to hitting Rude during the plate drop.