Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I'm starting to think there is a massively disproportionate amount of people who live in Alberta on this and CanPol, we don't even need our own thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

This is basically the only place on the internet Alberta people can find other Alberta people who aren't massive chuds

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

blatman posted:

This is basically the only place on the internet Alberta people can find other Alberta people who aren't massive chuds

I keep trying to get more Alberta friends to sign up so they don't feel like they're screaming into the abyss.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
:bisonyes:
https://twitter.com/smogelgem/status/1254086589967298560

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/Madmatb/status/1254223930602278913

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
SAVE NO OUR MORE CHILDREN POISEN

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
SAVE NO CANADA
CHILDREN POISEN CANADIANS

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
love the coward protesters who show up to the provincial legislature but only bother complaining about the prime minister and not the premier.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
DONT CHILDREN
POISEN INSIDE

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dreylad posted:

love the coward protesters who show up to the provincial legislature but only bother complaining about the prime minister and not the premier.

The whole thing is some weird astroturfing. The group and it's website sprang into existence 3 weeks ago and no one would have heard of them or their protest if stupid blogto had not run an article about them.

I said it's weird astroturfing but I'm pretty positive its just the same anti-islam bigots who wear yellow vests in Toronto. So probably not that weird, just well funded racists

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Eox posted:

DONT CHILDREN
POISEN INSIDE

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Another Bill posted:

The whole thing is some weird astroturfing. The group and it's website sprang into existence 3 weeks ago and no one would have heard of them or their protest if stupid blogto had not run an article about them.

I said it's weird astroturfing but I'm pretty positive its just the same anti-islam bigots who wear yellow vests in Toronto. So probably not that weird, just well funded racists

there's even people with MAGA hats

i love the economic nationalists who go to bat for a country and administration that have done economic damage to canada via tariffs. i hate the word, but what loving cucks

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

gently caress this astroturfed bullshit. I had some loving chuds threaten me at work for making people line up and hear rules outside the store. I'm not loving getting killed by some pudding brained chud for like $15 an hour. gently caress i hate working at a grocery store right now. Took the rest of the day off, might just be done. It wasn't worth risking my health with Covid, but that was abstract, some loving chuds just telling it to your face is very direct.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Apr 26, 2020

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Virtual Russian posted:

gently caress this astroturfed bullshit. I had some loving chuds threaten me at work for making people line up and hear rules outside the store. I'm not loving getting killed by some pudding brained chud for like $15 an hour. gently caress i hate working at a grocery store right now. Took the rest of the day off, might just be done. It wasn't worth risking my health with Covid, but that was abstract, some loving chuds just telling it to your face is very direct.

Not only is this hosed on its own, it’s hosed that other people around them are so bad pathetic as to not tell them to shut the gently caress up. These dipshits are empowered because everyone else are feckless cowards. I’m sorry this happened to you, I worked in a grocery store for a few years too bad it sucked without a pandemic so I can only imagine with one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Virtual Russian posted:

next time bring a stick with you when you tell customers their instructions. a safety stick, for showing people proper distance

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Not sure there will be a next time. Doing the math on how low I can cut my expenses, my girlfriend has CERB, might just not work until this is over. People have been getting more and more agitated and wound up as the month has gone on. If I can afford to sit this one out I'm going to. I'm not getting seriously injured or killed for like $15 an hour at a sobeys.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

If there’s one thing that seeing random violent incidents or medical emergencies occur on the street has taught me is that most bystanders are exactly that, bystanders. They are extremely happy to wait until someone jumps in, to relieve them of the burden of doing so.

One time at university, I found some girl unconscious on the floor in front of the bathroom entrance. I didn’t have a cell back then and was asking people walking by to call an ambulance. Three people responded they were late for class and walked by. One girl even stepped over the girl to get to the washroom without helping...

I’m sorry that your experience at work has been so terrible. In my journeys out, I’ve been finding that people have been mostly good with only a few idiots who seem totally unaware that something is going on, or old people who think that being told to back up is rude. I hate that with the idiotic protests down south, our Rona denier chuds are emboldened.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

Not sure there will be a next time. Doing the math on how low I can cut my expenses, my girlfriend has CERB, might just not work until this is over. People have been getting more and more agitated and wound up as the month has gone on. If I can afford to sit this one out I'm going to. I'm not getting seriously injured or killed for like $15 an hour at a sobeys.

Why not just not show up and apply for cerb yourself? You would be takin home more cash wouldn't you?

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I thought you don't get CERB if you quit your job voluntarily, I don't expect that the government would give a poo poo if it was for your safety or not.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Must be nice to not live in Alberta.

Pipeline, pipeline, pipeline

It owns tbh

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I thought you don't get CERB if you quit your job voluntarily, I don't expect that the government would give a poo poo if it was for your safety or not.

If you stop showing up without telling anybody and they fire you does that count

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
15$ an hour for essential customer facing jobs in the time of covid sounds very low. start a union. steal beans.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

If you stop showing up without telling anybody and they fire you does that count

That would count, why people don't understand how to get fired instead of quit always eludes me.

It's very easy to get fired.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

He is quitting his retail job not to collect CERB but in order to start a self-employment career as a wedding organizer. Oh jeez what do you know, his new business has been impacted by covid-19.......

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Rutibex posted:

He is quitting his retail job not to collect CERB but in order to start a self-employment career as a wedding organizer. Oh jeez what do you know, his new business has been impacted by covid-19.......

If this is your plan, make sure to incorporate yourself and pay your own salary and you’ll get a bonus 10g booya

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

i did that once. Stopped showing up to work, dodged their calls, two weeks later got a note in the mail saying my employment had been terminated. I didn't do it to get EI, but I probably could've.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
fired with cause can gently caress up your ei but also its more work for the employer i think so they dont do it unless you are a real fucker

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Saw three carloads of people pull up to a tavern, baffled why it's closed.
Someone tried to physically open a music store's doors and seemed mad it was closed.
Two neighbors sitting in their doorways across from each other chatting talking about how they hope this social distancing thing is done soon.
EDIT: this was in an apartment.

All this on my way to my healthcare job.

Glad to know now that the weather is nice COVID is done in Manitoba and we all should go have ice cream. Whew, close one guys!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

fired with cause can gently caress up your ei but also its more work for the employer i think so they dont do it unless you are a real fucker

yeah

it's hard to really conclusively show a lot of misconduct and it's a lot of hassle for employers to establish it when the alternative is simply not and labelling the firing a layoff

"stopped showing up for two weeks" is not hard to establish, though

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ford Nation will kill us all. People joked his brother was Mayor of the Suburbs, but goddamn did the worst parts of Ontario come out to put their boy in Queens Park.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's hard to really conclusively show a lot of misconduct and it's a lot of hassle for employers to establish it

no its not. you just enforce rules selectively and write up the employee for every real and imagined infraction possible. make them sign the write up or they are fired, refuse and they are fired for insubordination. once you have three or four write-ups you just fire them anyway.

doesn't take more than a few days

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

lots of atvs and camouflaged boats headed up the 400 this weekend for turkey hunting and trout fishing.

hordes of middle aged white guys in motorcycle packs tooling around

middle aged white guy activities: good to go
inner city park: closed how dare you be so irresponsible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m surprised Bancroft and Collingwood aren’t in open rebellion.

Once you hit a critical mass of cottagers and hockey dads on motorcycles it’s like a different province. I’d say north of Newmarket, maybe north of Barrie.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anyone hear any news about that 2500 a month top up for essential workers? The site just says more details will follow.

Also I dont know if every bank has it, but the CIBC app has an option under customer services where you give them the info, check an authorization box, and they'll set up CRA direct deposit for you :v: sure beats the gently caress out of that paper mail password thing what the gently caress

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Saw three carloads of people pull up to a tavern, baffled why it's closed.
Someone tried to physically open a music store's doors and seemed mad it was closed.
Two neighbors sitting in their doorways across from each other chatting talking about how they hope this social distancing thing is done soon.
EDIT: this was in an apartment.

All this on my way to my healthcare job.

Glad to know now that the weather is nice COVID is done in Manitoba and we all should go have ice cream. Whew, close one guys!

Listen here bud, Sergeant Sundae is an authority, he's a Sergeant after all!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Fried Watermelon posted:

Listen here bud, Sergeant Sundae is an authority, he's a Sergeant after all!

I am going to honorably discharge him into the Assiniboine river.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Ford Nation will kill us all. People joked his brother was Mayor of the Suburbs, but goddamn did the worst parts of Ontario come out to put their boy in Queens Park.

Ford actually seems to be on the right side of this issue, for once. what are you referring to?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Starks posted:

Ford actually seems to be on the right side of this issue, for once. what are you referring to?

The hockey dads loudly protesting to reopen the province. The man himself is doing okay, his base are who we thought they were.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Frosted Flake posted:

The hockey dads loudly protesting to reopen the province. The man himself is doing okay, his base are who we thought they were.

Yeah but Ford breaking with his base is a good thing. I hope they all remember what a cuck he is and stay home next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can't wait for the students money. Is there a different site for it?