Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

this is all too weird just tell me about podcasts you enjoy.

I enjoy the Chapo Trapped House and the Cummed Town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

Somewhere there is a universe where all the bullshit jobs are in playing player pianos instead of paperwork and white collar workers be frantically playing yakkity sax from home rn.

It is a better universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1R8Rx2db9c

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's so much drama surrounding podcast these days. At least most of it is funny (like the "chapo-to-fash" pipeline" poo poo or Azealia Banks destroying Anna from Red Scare) unlike the poo poo where Alice Avizandium (a co-host on donoteat01's podcast) decided to start harassing another trans woman because that trans woman sublets a few of her rooms at extremely low prices to friends and therefore is actually a landlord who deserves death and to have her deadname posted around.

like I dunno, you ever just wonder how you go from normal poo poo like saying people should have their basic needs taken care of by the government and that workers should have control over their work, to saying that someone should kill herself and doing the most demented internet detective poo poo to find her deadname because she rents to her friends for half-market price, doesn't charge rent during the Covid-19 crisis, and pushes for her government to allow the house to be made into a co-op because this is apparently equivalent to the behavior of the slumlords of China that Mao hated for extorting the working class. Or hell, just getting into other insane poo poo like those tankies that think Star Wars is western imperialism and that masturbation is ruining the world.

SunAndSpring has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Apr 25, 2020

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

SunAndSpring posted:

There's so much drama surrounding podcast these days. At least most of it is funny (like the "chapo-to-fash" pipeline" poo poo or Azealia Banks destroying Anna from Red Scare) unlike the poo poo where Alice Avizandium (a co-host on donoteat01's podcast) decided to start harassing another trans woman because that trans woman sublets a few of her rooms at extremely low prices to friends and therefore is actually a landlord who deserves death and to have her deadname posted around.

like I dunno, you ever just wonder how you go from normal poo poo like saying people should have their basic needs taken care of by the government and that workers should have control over their work, to saying that someone should kill herself and doing the most demented internet detective poo poo to find her deadname because she rents to her friends for half-market price, doesn't charge rent during the Covid-19 crisis, and pushes for her government to allow the house to be made into a co-op because this is apparently equivalent to the behavior of the slumlords of China that Mao hated for extorting the working class. Or hell, just getting into other insane poo poo like those tankies that think Star Wars is western imperialism and that masturbation is ruining the world.

:hmmyes:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

i just wanna grill fer gawdsakes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

SunAndSpring posted:

i like to listen to the people make jokes on the you-tubes

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

i like to listen to the people make jokes on the you-tubes

same

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gh0stpinballa posted:

I really liked this one called Ghost Stories for the End of the World

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It does own how every time I talk about trans stuff on CSPAM, several goons will have a fit and start being passive aggressive about it

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

SunAndSpring posted:

The ones that keep talking about how awesome sex offenders are?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dmitri-9 posted:

No that's a different Twitter thing.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
me: I feel really bad for this trans woman, I don't like how people get into a rabbit hole of saying crazy poo poo on the left-
breathless goon uncomfortable around trans topics: HEY HEY I'M READY FOR SOME loving JOKES IN HERE, EHHHHHHH

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

SunAndSpring posted:

It does own how every time I talk about trans stuff on CSPAM, several goons will have a fit and start being passive aggressive about it

this thread is an endless back and forth between people earnestly diving into podcast drama and people performatively dismissing that drama

this also tends to get accelerated by wall-of-text posts that start halfway through whatever thought the poster is having

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
oh lmao its SAS (I phone post so avatars are usually disabled), how are you still not perma'd when much less drama-obsessed goons have been culled?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Yeah that's Red Scare

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

SunAndSpring posted:

if you actually want to discuss this link the relevant twitter threads you got this from so it's not some dumb game of forums telephone because no one knows who or what you are talking about

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wut da fuk

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

oh lmao its SAS (I phone post so avatars are usually disabled), how are you still not perma'd when much less drama-obsessed goons have been culled?

I am afraid it is, I am very sorry and will endeavor to post better for your enjoyment.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Play it Joe!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it's what's called a "photoplayer", basically a combination player piano/organ/percussion/xylo that movie houses had back in the days of silent films.

here's another video of it playing Entry of the Gladiators, with a little more explanation of the kind of rolls these things used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAJ66ZSQ4b4

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

Trillbilly workers party is great because you are going to know the back story when three people form a maoist militia in rural Kentucky

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

also I want to complain about how Vox shut down my two favorite non-politics podcasts but kept The Weeds and all their other bullshit shitlib stuff running

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So, the person in question posts something like this (with the goofy n*me c*nsoring poo poo people do for whatever reason) criticizing the lead singer of Against Me for defending Buck Angel, who is a bit of a lovely person in regards to other trans people and ran a pyramid scheme targeted at them. It's very low level and kinda petty, but whatever, not worth getting angry over.

https://twitter.com/FreyjaErlings/status/1253251387451936770

Still, this slight against a punk band (which isn't very good, like most punk) apparently drove Alice into a furious rage and she proceeded to dig up a bunch of tweets in which the lady talks about subletting some rooms in her house since apparently she is disabled and this is the only way she can make an income enough to be in a home, which is a weird grey area that I don't think one deserves death for, especially considering that the lady is probably the most lenient subletter I've ever seen. One of these includes the fact that the lady temporarily locked the doors on someone (not even evicting them) after they literally tried to sexually assault her, which I guess is somehow not a very nice leftist thing to do and she should've let the rapist back in as that is true working class solidarity.

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1253261290732224517

Eventually this just escalates to Alice trying to skirt around telling the lady to kill herself and now her twitter feed is her just tripling down on it all since it would be bad to admit she lost her poo poo over a bad musical group.

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1253271898353479680

I sure hope this helps and we can have a wonderful discussion about this!

Also Donoteat1 himself gets in on the fun, because why not make a stupid situation worse.

https://twitter.com/wtyppod/status/1253376686273552389

This is odd considering DNE talked about a person in a similar situation in one of his videos and was very sympathetic, but also why not just melt down to help your friend melting down not feel weird?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rseaKBPkRPU&t=327s

SunAndSpring has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Apr 25, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SunAndSpring posted:

me: I feel really bad for this trans woman, I don't like how people get into a rabbit hole of saying crazy poo poo on the left-
breathless goon uncomfortable around trans topics: HEY HEY I'M READY FOR SOME loving JOKES IN HERE, EHHHHHHH

I've kinda given up on the fact that many of the loudest cspam posters are going to be leftypol edge lords. I find their constant belly aching over idpol or constant (People's) bootlicking preferable to the :decorum: transphobia of D&D or pretending Things Are Fine elsewhere.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

I sure hope this helps and we can have a wonderful discussion about this!
In the Internet Personalities thread preferably.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Goon Danton posted:

I also enjoy this podcast, although you managed to give me weed paranoia for like a week.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
if you think the drama is annoying you're missing the point, half the fun of podcasts is the drama surrounding them

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

T-man posted:

I've kinda given up on the fact that many of the loudest cspam posters are going to be leftypol edge lords. I find their constant belly aching over idpol or constant (People's) bootlicking preferable to the :decorum: transphobia of D&D or pretending Things Are Fine elsewhere.

It does rule that talking about this brought out some weirdo who wants me to be perma'd for making posts that personally disappoint them. That was funny.

SunAndSpring has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Apr 25, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A podcast is like a polycule and is therefore made of and sustained by petty drama, like all human relationships.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah that really made me think less of Alice. It was like she just searched Freyja's tweets until she saw the word "Evict" and then pounced, expecting it to be some epic ownage. But even when Freyja explained the full situation Alice didn't give a poo poo and just kept going for hours

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Against Me is an excellent band. :colbert:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

So, the person in question posts something like this (with the goofy n*me c*nsoring poo poo people do for whatever reason) criticizing the lead singer of Against Me for defending Buck Angel, who is a bit of a lovely person in regards to other trans people and ran a pyramid scheme targeted at them. It's very low level and kinda petty, but whatever, not worth getting angry over.

wait, when did Alice become truscum

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

SunAndSpring posted:

It does rule that talking about this brought out some weirdo who wants me to be perma'd for making posts that personally disappoint him. That was funny.

lmao did you ever for a second consider my mild surprise at seeing you out and about was not out of the petty vindictiveness you traffic in, but because you'll take comments like mine and fuckin nail yourself to the cross with them? also thanks for misgendering me by assumption for no reason other than I can only speculate are chauvinism and spite, I guess you have more in common with Alice than you thought?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the only podcast beef I care about is John Dolan versus bathroom doors

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

When you get so into online drama that you start actually looking for problematic people in insular online communities to start poo poo with and dig up dirt on, you've kinda crossed over into being an internet cop.

("You" referring to Alice here)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

lmao did you ever for a second consider my mild surprise at seeing you out and about was not out of the petty vindictiveness you traffic in, but because you'll take comments like mine and fuckin nail yourself to the cross with them? also thanks for misgendering me by assumption for no reason other than I can only speculate are chauvinism and spite, I guess you have more in common with Alice than you thought?

I am very sorry and did not know that you were trans, I will edit that post and I apologize if we have posted anywhere where you have stated that, as I may have forgotten since you're not someone that I frequently see and I will endeavor to be more careful in the future as I do not like being called such things myself.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Goon Danton posted:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Just a PSA: Don't trust techie activist types like that Carcin person. They are all Adrien Lamos in the making.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dmitri-9 posted:

Just a PSA: Don't trust techie activist types like that Carcin person. They are all Adrien Lamos in the making.

Justine Tunney still schemes for world domination!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dmitri-9 posted:

i don't know either of those names