Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

RandomBlue posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254145835450933249

Just LMAO, even dumber than the original lie and completely pointless.

I was not talking to her about drinking bleach. I was actually talking to a different person about drinking bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The Super-Id posted:

Where the gently caress is the federal government's emergency stockpile going that it's rapidly depleting? All we keep hearing about is them stealing shipments and then telling everyone to get bent when they request supplies.

There have been several stories about interdicted emergency supplies *~somehow~* disappearing right as a bunch of grifting middlemen with links to Trump pop up as middlemen with brand new supplies of PPE.

Also a few states got stuff from the feds and it was unusable because the stockpile hasn't been properly maintained or updated.

So that, plus some of the PPE is probably making it out to various states, international allies, etc but there's not nearly enough to go around.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Can't the cadets just go "gently caress you we're not coming back"?

If they wanted to shoot their military careers in the foot, sure they could. But otherwise you can't disobey a direct order and West Point cadets are generally not the type to do so anyway.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
The Boogaloo thing is highly upsetting to me because, sure they are planning civil war 2 on freep all the time.

But Boogaloo is a real and awesome genre of music, also a cool '60s dance craze, and Breakin 2 is a bonkers movie that is always entertaining, and none of these things have anything to do with white supremacist jackoffs and their fantasy revolution.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBsS6HxPVU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

RandomBlue posted:

If only somebody had you know, recorded that or something, and then we could watch it again...

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I was not talking to her about drinking bleach. I was actually talking to a different person about drinking bleach.

Not just that, he was being sarcastic to a different person! Who wasn’t in the room.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Asking our laboratory expert about injecting disinfectants hes just out of frame agreeing with me.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
He literally asked her a question which she literally answered.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i guess they really arnt doing a briefing anymore. lol. didnt think this would be the thing that would make him mad enough to do it(for a bit at least).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254061979607711745

not new but lol.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 25, 2020

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Kale posted:

The fact that Kim Jong Un missed an appearance for the Day of The Sun which is Kim Il Sung's birthday is very telling. To my understanding anything that has to do with Kim Il Sung North Korea does not gently caress around with or fail to observe period.

Hell, just turning your back on his statue gets you jail time

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

smoobles posted:

The Rosa Parks analogy here only works if instead of sitting at the front of the bus, Rosa simply sabotaged the bus's brakes in the dead of night.

Speed 4; That Uppity N-word

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i guess they really arnt doing a briefing anymore. lol. didnt think this would be the thing that would make him mad enough to do it(for a bit at least).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254061979607711745

not new but lol.

Congrats Mr. President, we also have more cases and deaths than the rest of the world's countries. MAGA, bitches!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/dwdavison/status/1254118221315268608

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Congrats Mr. President, we also have more cases and deaths than the rest of the world's countries. MAGA, bitches!

Almost a million cases now. And the death toll is almost 54,000, probably hit that today.

The 67,000 the IHME is predicting will get hit within a week.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1253030926541447168

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

RandomBlue posted:

"I didn't ask Dr Brix if it was ok to inject disinfectant, I asked some other person if it was ok to inject disinfectant."

That's literally his argument.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He'd probably get Dishonorable or Other than honorable after he tries to punch a drill instructor, fails, gets stomped by all the DIs, and then pretend he's a disabled vet for the rest of his life because he made it part way through boot.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254168730898173953?s=19

Hahaha, goddamn worldwide pandemic going on, and President Pissbaby's is focused on being mad that people keep reporting on the things that he says.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 25, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oh, an excuse to link to maybe my favorite slacktivist post

Fred Slacktivist Clark posted:

It's a well-established fact that vampires can't abide crosses. There seems to be some confusion, however, as to why this is so.

I should note here, before we go on, that I believe in vampire stories. I don't mean that I believe these stories are "literally" true — they're not that kind of story. But I believe they are true stories — stories by which we tell ourselves true things so that we do not forget them.

Vampire stories tell us, for example, that any of us can have great power if only we are willing to prey on others. Feed off the blood of others and great power will be yours. This is demonstrably true. It's how the pyramids were built. And Standard Oil.

The stories also tell us that there's a downside to this predatory choice. You become a creature of the night, unable to stand in the light of day.

And crosses will confound you.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2009/09/10/vampires-crosses/

Fred Slacktivist Clark is my go-to to remind myself that there are (very) good evangelical Christians out there, it's not just the obnoxious loud assholes. :3:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump is probably gonna call into Fox News shows on a daily basis until he can’t hold it in anymore and goes back to pressers.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Mean ol' media recording and broadcasting the President asking if you can put bleach in people, very unfair

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Guze posted:

Mean ol' media recording and broadcasting the President asking if you can put bleach in people, very unfair

Asking the president hard questions how dare you.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I give him until Tuesday to return to the briefings. WIthout rallies, where else is he going to get his fix?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

One might apply this principle to their presidency.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Christ he is so butthurt.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254174221481246721
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254172638307586049

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Ezekiel Emanuel's really big into the right to die/euthanasia stuff, to the point where his affiliation with it and with ACA fed into GOP narratives about "Death panels". More broadly though, he's just another extremely overpaid medical talking head/big idea guy- more literate and competent than most in that category, but with all the same problems.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Even if he is telling the truth (which he barely is, seeing as how he called Democrats' criticism of how he was handling the pandemic "their new hoax") why would anybody who isn't part of his base believe his lying rear end?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

go top yourself you loathsome loving piece of poo poo. your such a loving cowardly loving clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBoL31Oj_E&feature=emb_title

frum is highest of monster ghouls in this country a but even he has sorta realized this is hosed. hope trump falls and takes alot of these loving dipshits power with him.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 25, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sweet, democrats don't actually exist, good job everyone

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I agree, the cure (drinking bleach) can’t be worse than the Virus! A good tweet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think it's more that the handlers went "He told people to drink bleach. No more press conferences. Whatever it takes to keep him away from the cameras, do it."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I think it's more that the handlers went "He told people to drink bleach. No more press conferences. Whatever it takes to keep him away from the cameras, do it."

That won’t last long I’m telling you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

i think its a mix of that and the absudity making people mock and "attack" him so hard it broke through his hosed up narcissistic conditioning. and all of the voices sounded like dear old Daddy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

it won't. i think he will try to force rallys and poo poo again.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny how much of a whiny pissbaby he is about the Republican media strategy being used effectively against him.

Take a statement and promote the worst interpretation of it as widely as you can so that it takes effect in the public consciousness. That's their entire propaganda strategy and they use it over and over again and now that it's being used against him, it's pissbaby crying time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I agree, the cure (drinking bleach) can’t be worse than the Virus! A good tweet.

TECHNICALLY he said disinfectant injections so

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It definitely will not. If whoever is telling him "no" at the moment remains firm, they're getting fired and replaced with someone who doesn't mind Trump going up to say, "Mix bleach and ammonia together for a delicious cocktail!" So he'll flip back eventually, it's just a question of when.

I'm going to say, on Thursday Trump is back at one of these briefings.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

pacerhimself posted:

TECHNICALLY he said disinfectant injections so

And shoving a bright light inside you, don't forget that part.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

My mum's 77 next month, and spent this afternoon pottering about in her garden. This guy can super-gently caress himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Deptfordx posted:

My mum's 77 next month, and spent this afternoon pottering about in her garden. This guy can super-gently caress himself.
Look maybe your mom just needs to sacrifice herself for the good of the free market

She should stop being selfish

But seriously some of these psychos would do Logan’s Run if they could get away with it