Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which happens first?
This poll is closed.
Luffy becomes the Pirate King 9 8.26%
Asta becomes the Wizard King 5 4.59%
Deku becomes the Symbol Of Peace 10 9.17%
Shippuden stops airing 8 7.34%
We all die 77 70.64%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm too lazy to fill in the blanks, so just imagine I put one of these with Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo in the big box in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, you can still like the series even if the writer is a terrible person.

See also: Ren & Stimpy

I wonder if it’s possible to surgically remove John K’s voicebox and implant it in someone else.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

I. M. Gei posted:

See also: Ren & Stimpy

I wonder if it’s possible to surgically remove John K’s voicebox and implant it in someone else.

Eh, unnecessary - Billy West does a perfectly serviceable Ren and Stimpy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ultraklystron posted:

Eh, unnecessary - Billy West does a perfectly serviceable Ren and Stimpy.

I didn’t ask if it was necessary. :q:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

quote:

”In times like these, we could all use a little emotional release! Starting on May 9th, Toonami’s bringing back the first season of Mob Psycho 100 at 1a. That means Paranoia Agent is moving up to 12:30a. So check out the updated line-up below and catch Toonami, every Saturday night from midnight to 3a!

Toonami Lineup 5/9:
12:00AM – My Hero Academia
12:30AM – Paranoia Agent
01:00AM – Mob Psycho
01:30AM – Black Clover
02:00AM – JoJo: Golden Wind
02:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden”
https://www.facebook.com/1440408039583372/posts/2415199272104239/?d=n

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"I want Mob Psycho 100 back on Toonami in 2020!" - One of many Monkey's Paw wishes that came true this year

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Don't get me wrong, Mob is a good watch. But why is it on before new Jojo episodes?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey hey, come on over, have some fun with Gooooonami!

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supersonic Shine posted:

"I want Mob Psycho 100 back on Toonami in 2020!" - One of many Monkey's Paw wishes that came true this year

The hope is that they finish off the first season and roll directly in 2.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Level Seven posted:

Don't get me wrong, Mob is a good watch. But why is it on before new Jojo episodes?

My guess is that Jojo isn't considered a good draw for new viewers since it's many parts in now. Sure the newer parts aren't really a connected story, but new viewer don't necessarily know that. Also whenever they get recommended Jojo they're usually told to start at the very beginning or at another earlier part.

Jojo also has a dedicated and loyal audience so it's time slot isn't too important. We'll watch it no matter what hour it's on.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

dungeon cousin posted:

My guess is that Jojo isn't considered a good draw for new viewers since it's many parts in now. Sure the newer parts aren't really a connected story, but new viewer don't necessarily know that. Also whenever they get recommended Jojo they're usually told to start at the very beginning or at another earlier part.

Jojo also has a dedicated and loyal audience so it's time slot isn't too important. We'll watch it no matter what hour it's on.

I won't, it's too drat late for me. But that's probably the network's reasoning, yeah.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Level Seven posted:

I think it's two things

1.) They very rarely mess with a show's time slot once it's on the menu, stupid but I guess there's something to be said for keeping things consistent

2.) I think they've said before Jojo gets bad ratings (could be wrong here) so it's a small miracle they've made it through all the parts in the first place

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What kind of weird ratings situation is Jojo in where it gets bad views but gets to stay on the block but is also put before Naruto which has been dead last on the block since Bort ended.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
look, if airing Black Clover and loving Tokyo Ghoul didn't clue everyone into the fact that this block is managed by idiots, then I don't know what to tell you

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - fell in a terlet YouTube hole :(

Demon Slayer - we had a heart-to-heart with Mothra while going through physical therapy, which some of us (Zenitsu) are enjoying significantly more than others (everyone else)

Food Wars - we finished our culinary spirit quest, culminating in using the Gate of Babylon to summon forth UNLIMITED CUTLERY WORKS

Black Clover Episode 112: Better Call Skullcrusher Mountain - While the Cuyler clan attempts to combat the plague by ingesting janitorial chemicals, Dietrich investigates claims of peasants shoving light crystals up their anuses in an attempt to do the same

Jojo Pt. 5 - I guess Fugo was the brains trust of this group or something, because in addition to taking an hour or so to sit down and get lunch despite now being on Team Rocket's poo poo list, we've also apparently just sort of forgotten that [Stands] exist or what they very clearly look and act like now.

PARANOIA AGENT STARTS TONIGHT

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Level Seven posted:

So I can step away from the TV long enough to tend to these little guys before 2 AM. :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Dawww those are adorable:3:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Your adventures in kitten-sitting in that thread are adorable. Good luck to you!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

By the way, this week is the last episode of MHA that's been confirmed dubbed, so we might be going into reruns of that too.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Going from Food Wars to Paranoia Agent is going to cause some serious whiplash.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aww

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

once more, death has spent the past week cheating me of her sweet embrace. please do not mock me with your fictitious premise of salvation from this hellish nightmare of an existence, TOM

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

once more, death has spent the past week cheating me of her sweet embrace

Well, I for one am glad you're still here, friend.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Which hero has the sun and bleach quirk

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MHA has a huge cast, wonder how crazy it was organizing them from home to record this.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

drat this sounds good for a home recording ep

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

now i'm just thinking of an episode of MHA written like an episode of Tender Touches, complete with recording via conference call

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

Which hero has the sun and bleach quirk
I think there was a guy named Poltergeist?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

NO SLEEP 'TILL BROOKLYN

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WORK SON

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

they're just vibing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Shut the gently caress up, Mineta.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

WORK SON

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

of course Mineta is a redpiller

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

of course Mineta is a redpiller

"BUT WHAT ABOUT MEN'S RIGHTS HUH!?"

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Men get no respect"

I'd make the jerking off motion, but that's too on the nose here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hatsume is again, very relatable.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gentle practicing good quarantine measures.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:twentyfour:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh what's this, Deku accidentally runs into a dangerous villain while wondering around on his own? Say it ain't so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Gentle dressed for the occasion.