Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Does anyone remember the LP of this super weird fmv puzzle game:
The game had a cash prize for the first person to solve it. I don't think the LP ever finished the game.
The game was very surreal, static image screens that were collages of images, with themes related to seasons or elements or something.
I explicitly remember a little girl really badly acting as "the fairy queen." Maybe zodiac themes?
Game was probably from the 90s, LP of it was at least 5 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TwoDayLife posted:

Does anyone remember the LP of this super weird fmv puzzle game:
The game had a cash prize for the first person to solve it. I don't think the LP ever finished the game.
The game was very surreal, static image screens that were collages of images, with themes related to seasons or elements or something.
I explicitly remember a little girl really badly acting as "the fairy queen." Maybe zodiac themes?
Game was probably from the 90s, LP of it was at least 5 years ago.
Blue Ice?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Almost certainly Blue Ice, although the LP completed the game itself. There was just some meta-puzzle involving grids of numbers that translated into words, but it wasn't clear what numbers were in every room and the trail ran a bit cold before the whole message could be translated.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Nidoking posted:

Almost certainly Blue Ice, although the LP completed the game itself. There was just some meta-puzzle involving grids of numbers that translated into words, but it wasn't clear what numbers were in every room and the trail ran a bit cold before the whole message could be translated.

That is absolutely it. Thanks.

Edit: Unfortunately it's another casualty of waffleimages and viddler dying, but still good stuff and the wiki still works.

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Is there any decent Exanima content out there? If not, requesting it.

There's this one twitch/youtube guy I found with a ton of videos but I got a bit of a dodgy vibe off him when he, Odin, started reassuring a worried viewer that Texas would never go blue because the real Texans just live outside the big city. Like, being called Odin isn't in itself a giant red flag, and lots of people wear metal t-shirts and have some kind of small skull & spine collection behind them in their room, but

Anyway. Exanima. I am absolutely awful at it and would love to watch better players showing me it.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
A while back (as in over 2 years ago), user MythosDragon had a request in for an SSLP of Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time.

MythosDragon doesn't have PM ability from what I can see, so if they happen to be keeping up with this thread, I just wanted to ask if there was anything else specifically about the request that you wanted.

I'm looking into the possibility of doing one as an SSLP, but I'm still thinking about what I would want to do with it. Just asking if there was anything in particular you had in mind way back in October 2018.

You also mentioned having art assets for the game. Curious to know if you still have them and what assets they are. Character art seems easy to come by, but some characters might be harder than others.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

A while back (as in over 2 years ago), user MythosDragon had a request in for an SSLP of Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time.

MythosDragon doesn't have PM ability from what I can see, so if they happen to be keeping up with this thread, I just wanted to ask if there was anything else specifically about the request that you wanted.

I'm looking into the possibility of doing one as an SSLP, but I'm still thinking about what I would want to do with it. Just asking if there was anything in particular you had in mind way back in October 2018.

You also mentioned having art assets for the game. Curious to know if you still have them and what assets they are. Character art seems easy to come by, but some characters might be harder than others.

Luckily I'm playing Trails right now and I tend to use the falcom thread while doing so, so I'm around. Its a cool game to LP because there are actually thread choices to be had, only real request I have is to flirt with dudes in it because it leads to the funniest moments of the game later.

I have all the illustrations, character art, and expressions ready and got default portraits made and uploaded for the program thing I learned back then before realizing I was about to take on a huge responsibility that was several times larger than expected without an all around LPing program I thought existed, also I suck at writing as evidenced by my test post. Growlanser Realm was my source for it all, so all I'm really doing you is saving you the time to save them individually, but here's the mediafire link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rij0hbfy50yxim7/Growlanser_Art.7z/file

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

MythosDragon posted:

Luckily I'm playing Trails right now and I tend to use the falcom thread while doing so, so I'm around. Its a cool game to LP because there are actually thread choices to be had, only real request I have is to flirt with dudes in it because it leads to the funniest moments of the game later.

I have all the illustrations, character art, and expressions ready and got default portraits made and uploaded for the program thing I learned back then before realizing I was about to take on a huge responsibility that was several times larger than expected without an all around LPing program I thought existed, also I suck at writing as evidenced by my test post. Growlanser Realm was my source for it all, so all I'm really doing you is saving you the time to save them individually, but here's the mediafire link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rij0hbfy50yxim7/Growlanser_Art.7z/file

Thanks. I haven’t decided on on LP'ing it just yet, because it is a 40 hour sink (at least, that’s what my clear save was). But it's helpful to my decision that a lot of portrait work is already done. I pulled my PSP copy and also grabbed my save files, but I'm currently having text issues with PPSSPP that is apparently an ongoing problem for G IV. If I can get that fixed then I'll try doing a test post and see how I feel about the project.

I know it’s a fun game. I remember enjoying it a lot. I also remember nearly pitching my PSP at the wall several times because of the constant bullshit the game pulls with mission objectives.

I'll keep your request in mind. I assume you mean flirting with the dudes through dialogue options, because (as you said) thread choices would have a lot of opportunity to be used. But that also means thread choice would likely determine stuff like furlough events and character endings, so flirting with the dudes in terms of day off events/endings wouldn't be up to me.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Psycho Knight posted:

Thanks. I haven’t decided on on LP'ing it just yet, because it is a 40 hour sink (at least, that’s what my clear save was). But it's helpful to my decision that a lot of portrait work is already done. I pulled my PSP copy and also grabbed my save files, but I'm currently having text issues with PPSSPP that is apparently an ongoing problem for G IV. If I can get that fixed then I'll try doing a test post and see how I feel about the project.

I know it’s a fun game. I remember enjoying it a lot. I also remember nearly pitching my PSP at the wall several times because of the constant bullshit the game pulls with mission objectives.

I'll keep your request in mind. I assume you mean flirting with the dudes through dialogue options, because (as you said) thread choices would have a lot of opportunity to be used. But that also means thread choice would likely determine stuff like furlough events and character endings, so flirting with the dudes in terms of day off events/endings wouldn't be up to me.

Yeah, If I remember correctly, the issue is fixed by getting a different font set, I just tested it on my PPSSPP and there were no text issues for about 10 minutes. So here's my font folder https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ixd6z7cwv2vok8/font.7z/file to test.

I'm personally a huge fan of the gameplay, definitely one of my all time favorites and I like when the game challenges me with missions.

And yeah, I meant in options you get no matter what, If you want to show off all the ending's though, you'd have to keep a save where you follow the furlough guide to unlock them. Depending if you do LP it and when you get that far, I'd probably be willing to help with that by atleast doing few of the final dungeon runs.

drygear
Aug 2, 2007
the frog
I figured I'd notify the thread that I'm laying the groundwork to start a Let's Play of one of the games on the unfulfilled list- Pathologic 2. I don't want to try to make some Definitive SA LP, this will be my own humble little thing. I have a post in the sandcastle, I'll give it a few days to see if I get any feedback on how to shape it before I start the thread.

VVVVVV Point taken. I still think of this place as enforcing high standards but it is a lot more chill than it used to be.

drygear fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 18, 2020

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

drygear posted:

I don't want to try to make some Definitive SA LP

You say that like that's a Thing. Don't worry dude, just enjoy doing fun stuff.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any decent VLPs of Crisis Core around? Youtube isn't giving me much to work with here, since everything I see epitomises why I try and avoid YT randos most of the time.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

The Flying Twybil posted:

Speaking of narratives and making the best of what's available, Academagia by Bobbin Threadbare is a wonderful extension upon a rather obscure and unusual game. Very long, very consistent in quality, and due to the nature of the game, only covers a sizable fraction of the content in case you ever wanted to give it a try.

Bobbin's LP was amazing. I would love to see another one. I thought about doing one, myself. Unfortunately it's a text-driven game and there's no good way to copy the text out. The crazy goon copied it all out by hand.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

LLSix posted:

Bobbin's LP was amazing. I would love to see another one. I thought about doing one, myself. Unfortunately it's a text-driven game and there's no good way to copy the text out. The crazy goon copied it all out by hand.

Every time I reread that good, good LP I feel compelled to try the game again.

Then I try doing so and remember how insanely dense and difficult trying to balance everything in it is and how it feels like I could screw myself over easily and give up after a couple hours.

Still a great read though.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Does anyone remember the rogue-like megathread LP from, uuhh, many years ago? I can't remember who was the OP, and if it was a collaborative effort or not, but the thread went through an amazing amount of roguelikes, classics and new. I've been trying to find the thread, but it's kinda hard when you can't remember anything :shobon:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

inscrutable horse posted:

Does anyone remember the rogue-like megathread LP from, uuhh, many years ago? I can't remember who was the OP, and if it was a collaborative effort or not, but the thread went through an amazing amount of roguelikes, classics and new. I've been trying to find the thread, but it's kinda hard when you can't remember anything :shobon:

This thread, by any chance?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

No, but I'll happily read it anyway :D I see it has a link to another megathread, which has fallen into the dark pit of the archives, so maybe it's just too old by now.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Party Bug was running the previous iteration and is running the current one too.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

inscrutable horse posted:

Maybe this one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720568 ?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I'd like to put in a request for the Shovel Knight extra campaigns Plague of Shadows, Specter of Torment, and King of Cards.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

It's submitted, I'm just waiting for it to get through the queue.

https://lparchive.org/Shadow-of-the-Colossus-2018/

And it's through.

HHammond
Dec 25, 2011
Hi everyone. Anyone able to recommend a good video LP of Alien: Isolation? Particularly one that delves into the mechanics of the game or has an interesting take rather than a blind LP? I've looked on YouTube but... well, it's YouTube, so lots of shouty men with little insight into the game. I am looking for something with commentary as well, as it's to watch whilst I'm working (there was an unfinished LP on here, but it was subtitled and has since been abandoned).

More generally, if there are any other video LPs that delve into mechanical or narrative analysis of a game, I'd be interested. Doesn't really matter what game, or what genre, but preferably something with a real focus on design/narrative. Any favourites people wanna recommend?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The subtitled LP was finished, as far as the main game is concerned, iirc, it just didn't finish the DLC stuff.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

HHammond posted:

Hi everyone. Anyone able to recommend a good video LP of Alien: Isolation? Particularly one that delves into the mechanics of the game or has an interesting take rather than a blind LP? I've looked on YouTube but... well, it's YouTube, so lots of shouty men with little insight into the game. I am looking for something with commentary as well, as it's to watch whilst I'm working (there was an unfinished LP on here, but it was subtitled and has since been abandoned).

More generally, if there are any other video LPs that delve into mechanical or narrative analysis of a game, I'd be interested. Doesn't really matter what game, or what genre, but preferably something with a real focus on design/narrative. Any favourites people wanna recommend?
Not a narrative focused LP, but FPZero's and Tyty's LP of the Super Mario World Central Vanilla Level Design Contest 9 (there's a link to it in the OP of this thread) is two romhackers with a long history with SMW reviewing romhacker levels and sounding off about what works and what doesn't in level design. A very interesting watch, IMO, but it's a long one; there were a lot of levels in that contest for them to play through.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

my dad posted:

The subtitled LP was finished, as far as the main game is concerned, iirc, it just didn't finish the DLC stuff.

And as I recall, it finished the plot DLC, just not showing off all the rest.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I actually prefer the subtitles for that game because in my experience voiced LPs for horror games are just filled with dumb overreactions, but I will admit it doesn't make it super watchable while doing something else, but then again I don't really feel that game is great as a background video anyways, but ymmv.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wanna re experience Crisis Core, but I don't wanna commit to it, so FF7 Crisis Core SSLP.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I kinda want a Soul Sacrifice lp. It's not good enough for me to go back and play on Vita but I'd love to see watch that car wreck. The only one I can find on youtube is ancient and on bad recording equipment.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Anyone have any good content covering Capy's Below? This game fascinates me and I could stand to see more people grapple with it, if only so I can get more of my own thoughts in order.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002
We've been spoiled with good Deus Ex LPs. But I have not found a good informative one of Deus Ex: Humanity Divided. It looks like a deep game, but most LPs just rush along the critical path. Ideas?

BernieLomax fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 9, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Bravely Second. Format doesn't matter.

Also, I noticed that Tomba! 2 is in the Request list, and it was VLP'd along with Tomba! by Dewgy and Professor Duck. The playlist for Tomba! 2 starts here.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Did anyone ever do Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King? My Wii died shortly after it came out, but it always looked kind of neat.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Bravely Second. Format doesn't matter.

I second this and would appreciate it being done with the restoration patch.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I want to put in a recommendation for a SSLP: Persona 5 by Arist.

Filled with witty, thoughtful critiques about a given story element, character arc, etc. Excellent writing that uses both diction and timing to deliver hilarious commentary in between the screenshots. To break up the monotony of the gameplay loop, the LP is occasionally interrupted by the fictitious events in the LPer's life that go in between the screenshots or completely replace repetitive sections of the game. Arist is both funny and thorough.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
NVM

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've been doing a deep dive through the really old pages of the subforum, and I'm surprised there's never been a proper Warhammer: Total War LP. There's been a few attempts, but they all petered out quickly.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

There have been a few. None that have gone total world conquest, but that's because after a point that's just tedious. Phone posting so I can't link, but I know Mudkip(s?) did an Empire run, and there was a Vampire Counts LP that was good too.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ShootaBoy posted:

There have been a few. None that have gone total world conquest, but that's because after a point that's just tedious. Phone posting so I can't link, but I know Mudkip(s?) did an Empire run, and there was a Vampire Counts LP that was good too.

Have links handy?

The only one I could find done within the last three or four years that made any serious headway was a hotseat succession one, and that's not what I'm looking for.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Cythereal posted:

Have links handy?

The only one I could find done within the last three or four years that made any serious headway was a hotseat succession one, and that's not what I'm looking for.

I can now that I'm at my desk.

Vampire Counts.

Empire.

You'll need archives for both, I don't think they ever went to the LP Archive, though they each did have a proper finish and end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I would really appreciate some more LPs about some of the other SaGa games in the series. We have ones for Final Fantasy Legends I and II, Romancing SaGa 3, SaGa Frontier and Unlimited SaGa, but the Romancing SaGa 3 one was from far before an official translation of the game came out and the SaGa Frontier one is... a bit dated in some of its humor and language (which is not to say it's not comprehensive but it does clash a little with modern sensibilities). I would especially love one for Romancing SaGa II and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions since those two have some of the most dramatic differences depending on in-game choices - and the latter is apparently not fully documented yet even in JAPAN.