Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Jarmak posted:

I 100% had an arrow that got blocked by the shield on my back last night. It was cool as gently caress and the first thing I thought was the fact people keep saying in the thread that it doesn't happen.

I have seen it a few times now. Definitely works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I love the expression on his face as he dishes out realtalk

I'll keep that in mind, Romund.

Last night I had this happen in one of my battles, like I was playing the censored Japanese version of the game:

Battles are hard to follow when you can't see any of the units.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Phlegmish posted:

That happened to me as well yesterday. I was very confused :smith:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I turned off speculars I think and that fixed it but yeah it does that sometimes.

Dick Nixon
Dec 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Last night I had this happen in one of my battles, like I was playing the censored Japanese version of the game:

I had this happen to me during a tournament a week or so ago and fixed it by disabling screen space reflections in the graphics settings.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mortlock posted:

Nope war it is.

ah the old 'dont conquer in any direction and get continuously surrounded' strategy

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm thinking of going independent myself, what preparations do I need to make? Get a reserve of elite troops in my main city? Get a full roster of companions, preferably honorable ones, that I can turn into lords? Start releasing enemy lords so I can get a relation boost? I have no idea how it works.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Money money money.

You'll pay lords to become your vassals. I was paying about 600-800k per lord in one of my playthroughs.

Highly recommend this mod that prevents lords from defecting if you're in good standing. Makes the kingdom building experience less of an ordeal with random defections.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/705

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I'm thinking of going independent myself, what preparations do I need to make? Get a reserve of elite troops in my main city? Get a full roster of companions, preferably honorable ones, that I can turn into lords? Start releasing enemy lords so I can get a relation boost? I have no idea how it works.

You can turn companions into lords?

Also that defection mod is an good idea. Lords who have every reason to be loyal to you will defect with no reason or warning under the current system, it sucks

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Drakes posted:

Money money money.

You'll pay lords to become your vassals. I was paying about 600-800k per lord in one of my playthroughs.

Highly recommend this mod that prevents lords from defecting if you're in good standing. Makes the kingdom building experience less of an ordeal with random defections.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/705

Thanks. I guess it also applies to the AI? Which values are you using?

terrorist ambulance posted:

You can turn companions into lords?

Also that defection mod is an good idea. Lords who have every reason to be loyal to you will defect with no reason or warning under the current system, it sucks

I thought I'd read that, I'm probably wrong.

And yeah, the defection carousel was one of my least favorite parts of Warband.

e: alright, I did it, I declared independence. Noticed I'm not a kingdom, though. What do I need to do for that?

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 25, 2020

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Has anyone on 1.3 noticed villager parties piling up on their villages? Just sitting there on the map.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm reading that kingdom creation is related to the main quest, which I've already failed. No kingdom for me, then?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I'm reading that kingdom creation is related to the main quest, which I've already failed. No kingdom for me, then?

how did you fail the main quest, its the one about the item youre given

you make a banner and they give you a kingdom

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I didn't feel like doing them and they just timed out

I didn't know main quests were allowed to do that

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Phlegmish posted:

You played 10 years in game and never did the quests.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Go download the kingdom creation mod on Nexus.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Eh, it's given me an excuse to start over. Now I know the mechanics better, should go smoother.

I turned every slider up one difficulty level, and it really makes a difference. Harder to get the ball rolling now.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Glenn Quebec posted:

You played 10 years in game and never did the quests.

:eyepop:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

To be fair that whole "talk to lots of people" quest can be easily forgotten about.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Sky Shadowing posted:

To be fair that whole "talk to lots of people" quest can be easily forgotten about.

Oh yeah definitely, I was just marveling at the tenacity of sticking with the same campaign for ten drat years. I typically lose my interest and reset at the 2 years mark.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Every lord you can talk to to advance the quest has a giant exclamation point over them on the map and if you're rolling around trying to murder some lords its easy enough to ask them about the battle and then just go kill them after. Without trying I usually finish that within a couple of in-game months at most.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's still bugged. I had the quest fail and I had only played for 3 years. They just never fixed the underlying issue that caused it to fail prematurely.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

See, I was wondering about that, my save file said something like 1,000 days. Which obviously is not ten years.

I'm going to try to speedrun it this time. What's a good army comp for Vlandians? Any unit lines you can ignore?

Ravenfood posted:

Every lord you can talk to to advance the quest has a giant exclamation point over them on the map and if you're rolling around trying to murder some lords its easy enough to ask them about the battle and then just go kill them after. Without trying I usually finish that within a couple of in-game months at most.

I don't give a poo poo about the main quest and I didn't care when it timed out, I just didn't know it was tied to kingdom building.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

If I start chopping the heads off of every lord in the realm, are my honest/merciful companions going to leave?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Vargs posted:

If I start chopping the heads off of every lord in the realm, are my honest/merciful companions going to leave?

Probably. But the game isn't working at all in regards to diplomacy

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Phlegmish posted:

:allears:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dick Nixon posted:

I had this happen to me during a tournament a week or so ago and fixed it by disabling screen space reflections in the graphics settings.

had the same problem and this worked for me too.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

See, I was wondering about that, my save file said something like 1,000 days. Which obviously is not ten years.

My understanding is that a year in this game is 120 days (4x seasons of 30 days). This can also mean your female character, who starts out at age 30, can hit age 35 and no longer be able to marry pretty quick if you're not careful.

Personally I used a console command to kingdom myself after I failed the main quest while sandboxing around for a while, though I'm gonna try to do it right on my next playthrough.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is there any way to see the age of your kids? I'm decently deep in this run and i've got probably 10 of the things, but none old enough to use.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Is there any way to see the age of your kids? I'm decently deep in this run and i've got probably 10 of the things, but none old enough to use.

Look them up in the encyclopedia.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

This thread is definitely rivalling the CK2 threads in terms of great out of context posts.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Magil Zeal posted:

My understanding is that a year in this game is 120 days (4x seasons of 30 days). This can also mean your female character, who starts out at age 30, can hit age 35 and no longer be able to marry pretty quick if you're not careful.

Personally I used a console command to kingdom myself after I failed the main quest while sandboxing around for a while, though I'm gonna try to do it right on my next playthrough.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they decided to make the starting age 30 instead of a bit lower like 25. It seemed kind of strange to me that you'd be hunting for your younger siblings who the game seems to imply are younger than 15 or so with your older brother.

Edit: wait, no. Just checked and I guess Nusun is actually your younger brother. For some reason I thought he was supposed to be the elder.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Edit: wait, no. Just checked and I guess Nusun is actually your younger brother. For some reason I thought he was supposed to be the elder.

Probably because a recurring bug makes him look 60 even though he's really 25.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"

I hope they never "fix" the faces in this game.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol "Come play Bannerlord, m'lord"

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Is it better to bail out your allies in a field battle or vulture their troops? This was like a 600-vs-700, it seemed like kind of a waste to get a bunch of my guys hurt in a massive bloodbath when I could just stay out of it and then plump up my army with my choice of ~300 freed prisoners and get a massive relations/charm boost from sparing 15 people.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Would you rather fight 10 armies of 300 or 300 armies of 10?

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Huh. The short bow is a million times better than the longbow. Can anybody who knows a thing or two about bows confirm? That feels incorrect but maybe i'm a bow brainlet.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Popoto posted:

That's 300 heads I need to chop at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Popoto posted:

The Fians don't care but I should mention that I had enough soldiers left over to make 3 parties of 80, all of which got captured instantly. I'm assuming they tried to catch one small army and then a dozen small armies swarmed them :cripes: