Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
oh nooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

or the Portuguese

you're right, we need more De Crecio talking about how Neera Tchanjen taught him about hespetch

and that "various other bigotries" quote sounds like it came from that dreadful @coffeespoonie woman on Twitter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

reminder that chapo's ironic antisemitism only serves to introduce edgelords to antisemitic ideas. they are bad and it is bad if you promote them

10-15 years ago this would have been a post defending people like ricky gervais and richard dawkins. the fact that these people may be a member of some minority group(s) doesn't change the fact that all shock-jock grifters who pretend to support a cause are bad

all of the main hosts regularly engage in sexism, ableism, antisemitism, and various other bigotries. multiple of the regular guests on the show are outright nutters who traffic in "all jews are pedophiles" level conspiracy theories. the hosts never actually apologize or explain when this is brought up, because their grift has earned them millions of dollars, and because they can turn a large portion of their gullible audience into an online brigade to harass and silence any women, disabled people, Jews, etc, who speak against them
_________________________________________/

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I will never forgive the Belgians.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

premier kim on the operating table, to his surgeon: "please tell me you're marxist-leninist-maoist-jucheists!"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
His name is literally Christman. I mean, how obvious can the CIA get here?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
There's a god drat cheeto in the white house!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I will never forgive the Belgians.

you do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to them”

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gotta hand it to them their waffles are great

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I prefer the rich, full-bodied taste of BENGHAZI 2 to the syrupy, yet vacant flavor and body of T-man

a Fresca is good now and then, but for god sakes, put Fanta back on the menu

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Victory Position posted:

I prefer the rich, full-bodied taste of BENGHAZI 2 to the syrupy, yet vacant flavor and body of T-man

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Fanta is the nazi soft-drink.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

reminder that chapo's ironic antisemitism only serves to introduce edgelords to antisemitic ideas. they are bad and it is bad if you promote them

10-15 years ago this would have been a post defending people like ricky gervais and richard dawkins. the fact that these people may be a member of some minority group(s) doesn't change the fact that all shock-jock grifters who pretend to support a cause are bad

all of the main hosts regularly engage in sexism, ableism, antisemitism, and various other bigotries. multiple of the regular guests on the show are outright nutters who traffic in "all jews are pedophiles" level conspiracy theories. the hosts never actually apologize or explain when this is brought up, because their grift has earned them millions of dollars, and because they can turn a large portion of their gullible audience into an online brigade to harass and silence any women, disabled people, Jews, etc, who speak against them

Source your quotes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Source your quotes

yospos lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Fanta is the nazi soft-drink.

that’s why I always detour around Autobans and take privately built free market TOLL ROADS when I’m in Germany.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Victory Position posted:

Your posts taste like Lacroix, so I guess overcomplicated glass house metaphor :smug:

Am I do it? The good posting?? O lord please say so

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PawParole posted:

that’s why I always detour around Autobans

just use the right thread tags

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol i thought id listen to an npr shitcast for the first time in awhile to take a break from doom & gloom and theres a radiolab about one sentence that should survive the apocalypse and it is the most navelgaze sophomoric radiolab poo poo ever. a loving monument to lib brain

someone says that all of farming is bullshit and you can just throw seeds on the ground bc they read an article about masanobu

a professor, unironically suggesting that the most profound sentence in the world is "why?"

someone who is not a evolutionary biologist or any kind of biologist warbles an offtune song about the evolution of fear (honestly they should just rename radiolab to this)

"'god is a female', also id paint like michaelangelo, but with a woman god. also shes a gray alien" (ok that last bit redeems it)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Gwen is coming from Inside The Forums now

smdh at anyone who doesn't come inside The Forums

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol i thought id listen to an npr shitcast for the first time in awhile to take a break from doom & gloom and theres a radiolab about one sentence that should survive the apocalypse and it is the most navelgaze sophomoric radiolab poo poo ever. a loving monument to lib brain

someone says that all of farming is bullshit and you can just throw seeds on the ground bc they read an article about masanobu

a professor, unironically suggesting that the most profound sentence in the world is "why?"

someone who is not a evolutionary biologist or any kind of biologist warbles an offtune song about the evolution of fear (honestly they should just rename radiolab to this)

"'god is a female', also id paint like michaelangelo, but with a woman god. also shes a gray alien" (ok that last bit redeems it)

This is half the reason I became a conservative

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is radiolab the one with the completely insane editing and mixing

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Homies name is Jad

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Goon Danton posted:

Is radiolab the one with the completely insane editing and mixing

It's "experimental"

They keep doing the same thing to see if anyone will eventually like it, results inconclusive so far.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of every radio lab is when the old guy is like “but jad, god HAS to be real!” And then jad pivots to how maybe god is math

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xaris posted:

yospos lol

It's wild when you can tell someone hasnt listened to a movie/tv/music/podcast/hitlers speeches

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Breakfast All Day posted:

This is why liberal religions don't get a fraction of the respect that the most psychotically conservative religions do

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MizPiz posted:

She mods a subforum where there are no bad posts

i lol'd

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"trap house" is a term originating in drug runners in the Atlanta area; it became associated with iconic African-American rappers, and an entire style of music

"chapo" means "shorty" in Mexican vernacular Spanish

the guys behind "chapo trap house" plainly think it's hilarious to grab some random words from other people's cultural heritage and mash it together, like juxtaposition without any other work is, in itself, funny, because those weird people who aren't us lololol

it's a bad look

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i learned that scrotal eczema is a thing and now my balls are shedding skin like a serpent

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

where the eff are these quotes coming from

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

My favorite part of every radio lab is when the old guy is like “but jad, god HAS to be real!” And then jad pivots to how maybe god is math

:laffo:

Radiolab is so bad, god I'm glad I popped into this thread at the right time.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

or the Portuguese

hey, we only followed the belgians lead into the slave market, as a treat

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

where the eff are these quotes coming from

yospos bcith

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm hoping the libs reach a critical threshold in cringe posting that finally topples liberal media hegemony and quarantine snl and late night shows might just do the trick

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Jonny 290 posted:

"trap house" is a term originating in drug runners in the Atlanta area; it became associated with iconic African-American rappers, and an entire style of music

the guys behind "chapo trap house" plainly think it's hilarious to grab some random words from other people's cultural heritage and mash it together, like juxtaposition without any other work is, in itself, funny, because those weird people who aren't us lololol

it's a bad look

the juxtaposition is that they are all, in Matt's own words, a bunch of "squeaky voiced nerds" who yell about stuff from a privileged position. it's self-deprecating. you doofus. you absolute buffoon.

olives black has issued a correction as of 17:44 on Apr 26, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

online poisoning is real and it looks like this alice person has a terminal case. just today a guy started following me around twitter saying i am racist against italians for making meatless carbonara. you simply can't deal with a certain level of internet brain damage, just mute and move on (or annoy them even more to watch the fireworks).

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His culture is not your costume dude

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

online poisoning is real and it looks like this alice person has a terminal case. just today a guy started following me around twitter saying i am racist against italians for making meatless carbonara. you simply can't deal with a certain level of internet brain damage, just mute and move on (or annoy them even more to watch the fireworks).

There's also a decent chance someone like that thinks they're doing a funny joke, but they're broke-brained about it in a way that makes it virtually indistinguishable from the sincere version. Online is hosed up.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

i'm hoping the libs reach a critical threshold in cringe posting that finally topples liberal media hegemony and quarantine snl and late night shows might just do the trick

nah they're just gonna keep getting worse

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Jonny 290 posted:

it's a bad look

Without looking I'm going to guess this guy develops facial recognition software for the Chicago police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

online poisoning is real and it looks like this alice person has a terminal case. just today a guy started following me around twitter saying i am racist against italians for making meatless carbonara.

I like to use white bread cubes basted in egg white and fried crispy