Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Voyager I posted:

They also tried to proxy Groon's home tile three times despite having no presence in our zone. We burned down all of them while stealing all the taxes, and the night Goons dunked them in fireflies we were commando raiding their public infrastructure and pulling the crab to their excavator bases.

They have the loving best local chat when they get wound up, and any amount of hardship winds them up.

Groon buddies :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tempus Thales posted:

yeah, that's them... are you playing with us?

No, it's just a coincidence. I put the game down for a bit, just dinked around with a small group of friends for a while. Although the idea of coming back to get revenge on those guys is pretty appealing.

Considering the size of the map, I feel like the odds of this happening are fairly astronomical.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 26, 2020

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

No, it's just a coincidence. I put the game down for a bit, just dinked around with a small group of friends for a while. Although the idea of coming back to get revenge on those guys is pretty appealing.

Considering the size of the map, I feel like the odds of this happening are fairly astronomical.

Goons are routinely dunking on them including taking one of their main zones last night so not so astronomical!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I meant the chances of me stumbling on the area where Fist of the Empire was

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I meant the chances of me stumbling on the area where Fist of the Empire was

Come play with us and we can take you on dunking expeditions

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

We have this group on our tile who have the proxy timer set at 4AM in the morning.

I'm not sure how much we can be bothered to wake up that early to properly fight them. We checked this morning and eight of them were awake to defend.

The proxy walker description mentions something about contesting. Is there some way we can drop down our own proxy and "contest" the zone?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Aertuun posted:

We have this group on our tile who have the proxy timer set at 4AM in the morning.

I'm not sure how much we can be bothered to wake up that early to properly fight them. We checked this morning and eight of them were awake to defend.

The proxy walker description mentions something about contesting. Is there some way we can drop down our own proxy and "contest" the zone?

You kill theirs during their hour timer, then drop yours. Assuming none are pulled, it takes 39 fire arrows. Bring extras.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
Tonight I got my first stiletto on my 3rd day of playing, we used it to defend the base from a twitch streamer who kept screaming about peasants and let us see where he was on the map until he fixed it. Then we killed a crab with my walker which was fun as hell, then I lost everything on it to the twitch streamer who has a massive erection for us now and he allied with a bunch of pubbies to attack us. 10/10 would lose a bunch of poo poo again. And the goonsirs that helped me with my ship, thanks.
Edit: RIP our watch towers and rupu slings. We tried to defend buuuut there wasn't enough of us.

DrCaptainSir fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 28, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Aertuun posted:

I think if you build a proxy during the vulnerability period of their proxy they cannot take the zone until they destroy your proxy.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

I think if you build a proxy during the vulnerability period of their proxy they cannot take the zone until they destroy your proxy.

We did a test. We built our proxy well in advance (eight hours ahead). We waited until the enemy vulnerability window to try to activate it, but unfortunately it didn't allow us to contest/deploy; we would have to destroy the enemy proxy first.

We did that, and then activated ours during a (slightly) more suitable time zone. It had the usual hour cooldown before becoming protected.

So you can build proxies anytime, but to deploy/claim a zone you have to take out the existing proxy. You can't disrupt their control in any other way that we know.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
LIVERUPUCAMS.COM Employee Handbook - https://imgur.com/a/aytVw2g
Walkers, Rupu's and Sinus Destroyer

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Aertuun posted:

We did a test. We built our proxy well in advance (eight hours ahead). We waited until the enemy vulnerability window to try to activate it, but unfortunately it didn't allow us to contest/deploy; we would have to destroy the enemy proxy first.

We did that, and then activated ours during a (slightly) more suitable time zone. It had the usual hour cooldown before becoming protected.

So you can build proxies anytime, but to deploy/claim a zone you have to take out the existing proxy. You can't disrupt their control in any other way that we know.

Yep.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Servers are down for 4 hours....

I got onto the server for the first time exactly 3 mins before this happened.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Hopefully the patch notes contain something good.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tangerines posted:

Hopefully the patch notes contain something good.

i can't wait for the wipe!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

With the way quality materials and crafting stations slowly feed into each other in a loop and how much of a pain it is to get large quantities of any particular tablet type, I'd expect any further wipes to obliterate the playercount.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
:siren: Patch out :siren:
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/903950/view/2236544252824443906

It's a huge list of change notes.

And, from the Discord:

Donkey Crew posted:

With the content patch, we're also slowly rolling out burning oases, which will destroy the first tiles in the West later next week and bring new ones in the East. Pay attention to the World Map to see when oases start burning so you can escape them in advance.

Once the World Map starts changing, we'll have an ability to bring new mechanics to the game that we've been working on:

1. Clan size limit on some oases, where dynamic World Map is important so that players can plan their route in advance and not suddenly find themselves on oases with clan size limit that doesn't work for them. Another important thing we're adding for that is cooldown on switching clans (otherwise it will be exploited and the whole limit will only benefit large clans who are willing to bypass the rules).

2. New variations of oasis maps and events - asteroids with iron nodes, giant worms, and new areas to explore.

The first maps will start to burn next week and new ones will spawn. They will also be introducing their event maps soon.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

sushibandit posted:

With the way quality materials and crafting stations slowly feed into each other in a loop and how much of a pain it is to get large quantities of any particular tablet type, I'd expect any further wipes to obliterate the playercount.

It's an early access game, wipes are to be expected. But what do you mean "further" wipes? They haven't wiped at all, have they?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadget posted:

It's an early access game, wipes are to be expected. But what do you mean "further" wipes? They haven't wiped at all, have they?

There was a wipe after the initial false start of a launch

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

There was a wipe after the initial false start of a launch

I didn't know that. I have had it since day one, but I wasn't able to play during the initial server issues, so maybe that's why I didn't notice a wipe.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The way the map works with burning oases seems like it would make it less likely that a full wipe would ever be necessary. I know at least one of Atlas's wipes would've never needed to happen if it had a map like this game.

Less chance is not no chance, though.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

There's gotta be a wipe at formal release (out of early access) I would imagine, though. Or maybe not, early access is a weirdass concept.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Has anyone worked out a reliable way of obtaining iron ore?

We just ran into a clan that had a big stash of iron equipment & weapons. They'd even upgraded the legs on their falco to the armoured variant (each leg required 72 reinforced planks) and they had a "gigantic chest" on the deck.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Aertuun posted:

We just ran into a clan that had a big stash of iron equipment & weapons. They'd even upgraded the legs on their falco to the armoured variant (each leg required 72 reinforced planks) and they had a "gigantic chest" on the deck.

Which group was this? That is just not possible with the current drop rates in the game. They must be duping iron ore in order to get that much stuff. I would recommend you get as many screenshots and videos of them as possible and report them.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Was it this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lastoasis/comments/gcvn81/do_we_still_think_there_is_no_duping_going_on/

You gotta report them.

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
How do we get authenticated for the discord? I started last week.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Chemical_Ali posted:

How do we get authenticated for the discord? I started last week.

The instructions are in the channel topic.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Yarp, that's us. We weren't even defending our own base, we just came over because some farmers on our tile were being attacked and it was an opportunity for Action.

Someone could have potentially farmed the Hellfire bolts, but we were very suspicious (to say the least) of that much iron. They were also using the Hellfire bolts in a really careless, stupid way.

The main issue is not necessarily these guys duping, but that duping is Out There and repeatable enough that these guys were able to amass vast amounts of iron. Smarter people may be sitting off map with big stashes of iron waiting for its official release.

The iron weapons do hit like trucks. I'd predict those weapons and the armour will be pretty much essential for PvP once iron becomes available.

Aertuun fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 4, 2020

Mercykiller
Oct 22, 2009
I love it when FoE puts arrows in our proxy and then the server crashes long enough to push it out of vulnerability. :smug:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aertuun posted:

Duping on this scale will either lead to a wipe, a failed game, or both.

EDIT: I guess theoretically they could have gotten the iron together for a quarry and maybe quarries are broken? That's the only legit way I can think of.

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 4, 2020

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
God these servers are terrible and crash all the time every time.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.
The duping clan was banned today:

And the devs have taken down the servers for a few hours to fix the stability issues.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

devs going for that dupu kills cheevo

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Lycaeon posted:

And the devs have taken down the servers for a few hours to fix the stability issues.

A few hours that has now turned into 13 hours and counting.

Database spaghetti?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Mods please temporarily restore Globby's posting privileges in this thread so he can complain about getting banned.

Lycaeon
Feb 20, 2013

A closed door is a closed mind.

Aertuun posted:

A few hours that has now turned into 13 hours and counting.

Database spaghetti?

This was....not entirely unexpected. :negative: The Devs unfortunately aren't known for accurate timetables.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

They're apparently converting the entire database. I asked around and got some examples like 12 hours to convert a 20 million row db, so the devs probably shouldve expected it to take at least that long.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Voyager I posted:

Mods please temporarily restore Globby's posting privileges in this thread so he can complain about getting banned.

Naaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

They're apparently converting the entire database. I asked around and got some examples like 12 hours to convert a 20 million row db, so the devs probably shouldve expected it to take at least that long.

Get better servers

Last Sunday I ran a conversion over 20m rows in my 50k concurrent user production db in 30 seconds bitch