Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Google Butt posted:

i've been thinking about trying xanax but it scares me

Benzos rule you just need appropriate vinyl to remind yourself how hosed you are after months of daily use

e: also good insurance if you want the nice Roche ones with the cutout K's. I'm paying for namebrand because all the generics switched to this really sketchy Chinese brand and had multiple pharmacists tell me it was not unreasonable to do :smith: what a world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown posted:

just lol'ing at all those goons who posted their cats

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1253016641262292993

if catching COVID is the price to pay for having a cat, then spritz me with lysol and hook me up to a ventilator

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

I imagine all the newfound emphasis on masks, sanitizing, distance, etc. has to be worth something, but it's never going to all add up to R0 of less than 1.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Every surgeon I know (19 of them) is dumb as poo poo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Virigoth posted:

I went to the store this AM to stock up on some essentials. Store was minimally filled and I wore a mask / gloves to be protected. I had to walk by some giant chud in a MAGA hat with nothing on who when I got close to him almost physically jumped to get as far away from me as he could in the store. I wanted to say something smart about maybe get some gear you dumbfuck but he'll be dead soon so nbd.

Last time I went to the supermarket here in Australia I got a similar reaction from several elderly people, when they saw that I was wearing a mask they covered their mouths with their sleeve.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Antonymous posted:

the best retort to being called out is that sitcoms like scrubs said some stereotype about surgeons we all know TV makes reality

hey everybody he's still going

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

gradenko_2000 posted:

if catching COVID is the price to pay for having a cat, then spritz me with lysol and hook me up to a ventilator

The "no evidence" thing just makes me think of the evidence of absence quote. I see my gross cats, they do gross poo poo and then sometimes they sneeze and get gross cat sneeze poo poo on me.

I assume that if my cat was catrona'd, and they sneezed gross catrona'd cat sneeze poo poo on me, I would be at risk for the 'rona.

Not finding out; we're in lockdown, and the cats are not going outside. It's making them crazy, which in turn makes my wife crazy, which then makes me crazy. I then suggest "old yeller"* scenarios, things calm down for a while, rinse, lather repeat.

* for myself, not for the cats

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Impkins Patootie posted:

oooooh lets talk about Scrubs

can't get no love from me

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the forums are literally the only place i've ever heard anyone talk or post about the show scrubs, tbh

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I don't know if I could physically tolerate scrubs in my brain at this point in life. I watched it before and thought it was fine but now I know for sure it's definitely not fine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Surgeons are basically the party member that points all the points into single skill and character stat.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Im no trumperman

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

wanna eat a couple of those k-pins and watch Cougar Town

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Antonymous posted:

administration skills like becoming director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopskins when he was 33 years old

brain surgery and epidemiology fall under the "medicine" skill so they're basically the same, just like in all my rpgs

kind of like if a person is a scientist, they know all of the science for everything

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sharkie posted:

what the gently caress does "help america reopen" even mean. condolences about them, though :smith:

He mentioned a lot about "giving people their dignity and how the government was destroying the country. When asked to clarify on "the government" he just babbled about democrats and nancy pelosi so no real new information there.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I mean very clearly having great skill with a melon baller and salad tongs means you are extremely wise, ethical and all around good at loving everything

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The answer will of course be prayer, and the taking away of provisional entitlements from the vulnerable.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Virigoth posted:

My parents informed me that as soon as the Florida beaches open they will be retreating from the Midwest to Florida to go to the beach to help American re-open. When I asked my Dad if I could get a copy of his Living Will, any DNI/DNR orders, and any last wishes he might have he hung up on me.

I went to the store this AM to stock up on some essentials. Store was minimally filled and I wore a mask / gloves to be protected. I had to walk by some giant chud in a MAGA hat with nothing on who when I got close to him almost physically jumped to get as far away from me as he could in the store. I wanted to say something smart about maybe get some gear you dumbfuck but he'll be dead soon so nbd.

This post is going to be really embarrassing at some point in the future

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

don't give a poo poo my cat owns, i'd gladly die for him

:same:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The Ultimate Doge posted:

best to not ever look back

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

no, i like the various flavors of quarantine gear/parent alienation/grandparent gun standoff posts

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

not if his dad actually dies

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Google Butt posted:

i've been thinking about trying xanax but it scares me

I was addicted to benzodiazepines for years and it basically ruined me. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight and it made my anxiety a million times worse and I eventually ended up attempting suicide when they coupled it with prozac. The hallucinations were what did it for me. One day I just had enough and titrated off on a schedule.

That was November 2017 and I've been off them since and lost over 150lbs and refuse to take them again. I thought I was in control because it was something my doctor prescribed but all it did was bring out an eating disorder and could have potentially killed me both by my own hand and while trying to get off of them via seizures

gently caress benzos (gently caress Bezos too)

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

giving people the dignity of refilling this 64oz slurpee

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Antonymous posted:

"it's so well known that even american sitcoms perpetuate the stereotype and prejudice I'm now entertaining!"

said about why a black man isn't fit for a leadership role

Didn’t this brain surgeon claim that the pyramids were used for storing grain lol

You can safely conclude Carson is a moron just from this, never mind the fact he supports Trump.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Impkins Patootie posted:

oooooh lets talk about Scrubs

it’s a better soundtrack than a show

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

I was addicted to benzodiazepines for years and it basically ruined me. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight and it made my anxiety a million times worse and I eventually ended up attempting suicide when they coupled it with prozac. The hallucinations were what did it for me. One day I just had enough and titrated off on a schedule.

That was November 2017 and I've been off them since and lost over 150lbs and refuse to take them again. I thought I was in control because it was something my doctor prescribed but all it did was bring out an eating disorder and could have potentially killed me both by my own hand and while trying to get off of them via seizures

gently caress benzos (gently caress Bezos too)

good for you!

i like benzos too much so i've always avoided trying to get a script

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Jeff Benzos would be a good username

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

facetoucher cat posted:

They should make a Pokémon Go game but for contact tracing

pokemon govid

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Antonymous posted:

If someone brings up a real world fact and your response is that it doesn't jive with your memory of what sheldon said on that one episode of big bang theory you need to get the gently caress out more

it's seriously embarrassing, worse than harry potter houses

I had a nerd made fun of me for never seeing big bang theory before and I just looked him in the eye and told him his zipper was down and I thought he was going to punch me in the face so I never insulted the show to someone in person again

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Sharkie posted:

good for you!

i like benzos too much so i've always avoided trying to get a script

I got my Xanax script from a quack guy who literally told me it was not addictive or dependency-forming, I'm pretty sure the dude was just a pill mill for people who wanted to abuse rx drugs. Anyway it is definitely addictive.

I only take Xanax about three times a year now, if that.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Antonymous posted:

administration skills like becoming director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopskins when he was 33 years old

also lol "Johns Hopskins"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sharkie posted:

the forums are literally the only place i've ever heard anyone talk or post about the show scrubs, tbh

Were you just in a coma in the 2000s? I've never been a fan but there was a good ~6 years where Comedy Central would devote roughly 12 hours or so of its programming to Scrubs reruns.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
ben carson is incredibly smart and handsome

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

also lol "Johns Hopskins"

good craft beer name

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

Jeff Benzos would be a good username

Amazon prime piano

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what's wrong with Scrubs? this thread is outrageous

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

what's the deal with people in hyper-specialized fields not understanding that competence is task/subject dependent anyways. like engineers being chuds fully convinced of their horrible libertarian worldview because being good at computers apparently means they're good at everything

Inceltown posted:

just lol'ing at all those goons who posted their cats

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1253016641262292993

i love my cat but lol at this "there is NO EVIDENCE CATS CAN SPREAD CORONA" stupidity. "no evidence" means "we don't actually know" which in the case of a global pandemic means "we should be careful and assume it's true until evidence to the contrary comes out". i mean i guess it might help keep randos from murdering their neighbors cats for no reason but it's also not going to convince cat owners to keep their cats indoors either, which seems like the compromise solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

CODChimera posted:

what's wrong with Scrubs? this thread is outrageous

it was Good at the time but didn't age well and now feels like it was shot 30 years ago