Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Further proof (idk, I’m not a scientist) that the Volksbühne nutjobs are an Swabian outside job

https://twitter.com/gertrance/status/1254049745884020739?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Every single one of them should be IDed and put on a No Treatment list.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
The loving Demokratie und Grundgesetz is only under attack if whitey is iconvenienced, bloodthirst rising

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

Every single one of them should be IDed and put on a No Treatment list.
Seems like a weird thing to say.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

skipThings posted:

The loving Demokratie und Grundgesetz is only under attack if whitey is iconvenienced, bloodthirst rising

how did you look into my souls

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

Seems like a weird thing to say.

Why? If they are right, they can walk it off it's just the flu, Bro.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Zwille posted:

Further proof (idk, I’m not a scientist) that the Volksbühne nutjobs are an Swabian outside job

https://twitter.com/gertrance/status/1254049745884020739?s=21

This is my favourite by far,so much going on in that picture.

The second wave is gonna be brutal :allears:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
IANAL but she really needs to research what Körperverletzung is. God drat these people are stupid.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ephex posted:

This is my favourite by far,so much going on in that picture.

thanks, this picture literally made me vomit.

edit: what are the odds that the three of them run a heilpraxis together

edit2: does Schwaben also have non-white people?

oliwan fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 26, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
"nice" to see that so many elements of social justice are now being co-opted by the alt-right and centrists alike

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Heilpraxis sounds like a case for §86a StGB, I think im onto something why the whole Waldorf-Globuli-Komplex is so nazi-adjacent

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The Heilpraktikerexamen is harder (i.e. geringere Bestehensquote) than the normal medical exams, therefore Heilpraktiker know medicine better thant doctors. :tinfoil:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

oliwan posted:

"nice" to see that so many elements of social justice are now being co-opted by the alt-right and centrists alike

Co-opting and weaponizing is part and parcel of liberalism, see idpol.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/loominext/status/1254402009006051328?s=21

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://twitter.com/JurgenStander/status/1254069980368211968

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

The Heilpraktikerexamen is harder (i.e. geringere Bestehensquote) than the normal medical exams, therefore Heilpraktiker know medicine better thant doctors. :tinfoil:

My pet theory is that Heilpraktikerexamen are actually piss easy, but the Studiengang attracts lazy gits who think being a Heilpraktiker is an easy route to get a job in draining stupid people of their money. And then they learn to their dismay that actual work is involved.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
SPFDJ :hmmyes: at leats they have good taste in techno DJs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randler posted:

Well yeah, the Heilpraktikerexamen is pure counter-factual bullshit, so there is no reasoning ability involved, which makes it more "difficult" because how the gently caress would you know which type of stone heals rheumatism

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

oliwan posted:

Well yeah, the Heilpraktikerexamen is pure counter-factual bullshit, so there is no reasoning ability involved, which makes it more "difficult" because how the gently caress would you know which type of stone heals rheumatism

Trick question, it depends on dosage. Around one ton of any stone applied to your chest will ensure you no longer suffer from rheumatism.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ephex posted:

Globally the second wave is only kiiiiinda slowing down right now. (The further the greens are apart, the worse.)

Also, these trees are really pretty:

Libluini posted:

My pet theory is that Heilpraktikerexamen are actually piss easy, but the Studiengang
Wait Heilpraktiker is something you can STUDY? I always thought it was just a fake name anyone could call themselves without legal recourse.
:negative:

Quick translation for anyone who wants to share this with friends:

quote:

berlin's bars and clubs are closed, so i wrote a guy on grindr: "i wanna be abused" he wrote back "that's not very smart right now" so i wrote "oh then you should visit me quickly and punish me"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mithaldu posted:

Wait Heilpraktiker is something you can STUDY? I always thought it was just a fake name anyone could call themselves without legal recourse.

The Heilpraktikerexamen is basically a test that you know enough about medicine to enable you to refer people to proper doctors for serious conditions, so you only kill an acceptable amount of people.

So it is less a test of your "alternative" medicine but a test of whether you can arrange yourself enough with empirical medicine to be deemed an acceptable risk to society. (Similar of how all those CDU politicians had to read constitutional law for their law degrees.)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini posted:

My pet theory is that Heilpraktikerexamen are actually piss easy, but the Studiengang attracts lazy gits who think being a Heilpraktiker is an easy route to get a job in draining stupid people of their money. And then they learn to their dismay that actual work is involved.

No Libluini, I'm pretty sure some totally unregulated 1 year Eierschaukelausbildung is much harder and prepares you better for having a medical opinion on Facebook than 8 years of grueling methodical study of science, anatomy, medicine and applied medicine at a university. Life rewards you for working smart, not hard

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

oliwan posted:

thanks, this picture literally made me vomit.

edit: what are the odds that the three of them run a heilpraxis together

edit2: does Schwaben also have non-white people?

Ba-Wü has the same Ausländeranteil as Berlin fwiw

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Also, Bestehungsquoten don't really mean much by themselves. Medizinstudium washes out the overwhelming majority of students early in the process. The remaining students are already the most promising selected few.

The only way to wash out of a Heilpraktikerausbildung is probably to no pay the fees on time.

e: also, Shakespeare beef got a three day probation for his troll. Lmao, who reported his post?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Randler posted:

The Heilpraktikerexamen is basically a test that you know enough about medicine to enable you to refer people to proper doctors for serious conditions, so you only kill an acceptable amount of people.

So it is less a test of your "alternative" medicine but a test of whether you can arrange yourself enough with empirical medicine to be deemed an acceptable risk to society. (Similar of how all those CDU politicians had to read constitutional law for their law degrees.)

People wanna do stupid poo poo? Let them but make sure there's a practical floor for their stupidity!

What a life hack.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

Well, "studying" is a bit of a strong word, as it turns out. You just have to pass the Staatsexamen. Said Examen basically exists to make sure outright charlatans and serialkillers are weeded out.

Wikipedia posted:

Die Überprüfung, die aus einem schriftlichen (meist Multiple-Choice-Test) und einem mündlichen Teil besteht, enthält u. a. Fragen zum Wissen über

- Anatomie, Physiologie und Pathophysiologie des Menschen
- Kenntnisse in der allgemeinen Krankheitslehre, Erkennung und Unterscheidung von Volkskrankheiten (besonders Stoffwechsel- und Herz- Kreislauferkrankungen, degenerative und übertragbare Krankheiten), Pathologie des Menschen, Psychopathologie
- Erkennung und Erstversorgung akuter Notfälle und lebensbedrohlicher Zustände
- Techniken der klinischen Befunderhebung (Diagnose, Differentialdiagnose, klinische Untersuchungen wie Inspektion, Palpation, Auskultation, Perkussion und Funktionsprüfungen der Organe und Körpersysteme)
- Deutung grundlegender Laborwerte
- Injektions- und Punktionstechniken, Blutabnahme
- Praxishygiene, Desinfektion, Sterilisation
- Berufs- und Gesetzeskunde (einschließlich der gesetzlichen Pflichten und Einschränkungen)
- Anwendungsgebiete, Grenzen, Gefahren und Kontraindikationen von diagnostischen oder therapeutischen Maßnahmen der Naturheilkunde.

Der Nachweis einer absolvierten Ausbildung ist keine Erlaubnisvoraussetzung. Die insoweit freiwillige Ausbildung an privaten Schulen dauert etwa ein bis drei Jahre. Die Qualität der Ausbildung unterliegt keiner staatlichen Aufsicht.

Yeah, that's right. If some rando shows up at the Examen and aces it, she's a Heilpraktiker. If some weirdo goes to a private school for three years and learns loads of bullshit, chances are he won't make it through the test.

Coincidentally, Österreich doesn't accept the Beruf "Heilpraktiker" as a thing. If you try to be one in Österreich, you're just straight up a criminal.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, on of the biggest culture shocks that I had after I moved to Germany is that 'Heilpraktiker' is an actual thing. Like, it is taken seriously. That there is even a state sanctioned exam just blows my loving mind.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Just as bad as chiropractioners

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
my apologies if this starts an international dispute, but what type of mustard in germany is roughly equivalent to american yellow mustard?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oliwan posted:

Yeah, on of the biggest culture shocks that I had after I moved to Germany is that 'Heilpraktiker' is an actual thing. Like, it is taken seriously. That there is even a state sanctioned exam just blows my loving mind.

I think they are a thing everywhere in the world. Germany just makes them take a test to check that they understand that they are not allowed to do anything and need to send people to real doctors at the first sign of trouble.

I guess a state administrated test does give them some illusion of legitimacy, which is the downside of this. It should probably be renamed to something like "Belehrung über Pflichten" or something. When I worked in gastronomy I had to take an Infektionsschutzbelehrung and it wasn't called a Küchenmeisterexamen or something.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GABA ghoul posted:

I think they are a thing everywhere in the world. Germany just makes them take a test to check that they understand that they are not allowed to do anything and need to send people to real doctors at the first sign of trouble.

I guess a state administrated test does give them some illusion of legitimacy, which is the downside of this. It should probably be renamed to something like "Belehrung über Pflichten" or something. When I worked in gastronomy I had to take an Infektionsschutzbelehrung and it wasn't called a Küchenmeisterexamen or something.

Yeah, don't get me wrong: I understand that they are a thing everywhere. It is indeed the apparent legitimacy that I mean. Also, the sheer number of Heilpraxen is just staggering and much higher than I've seen anywhere else, but maybe that's just here in Berlin. It's just such a visible part of society that I wasn't used to.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Also, Bestehungsquoten don't really mean much by themselves. Medizinstudium washes out the overwhelming majority of students early in the process. The remaining students are already the most promising selected few.

That has a lot less to do with students being unqualified and more with Unis having far too few Studienplätze in the Klinik.

I studied medicine and quit because it wasn't for me. Never regretted it. But I can tell you every prof was open about the exams being stacked 14 exams in 6 weeks every semester (even though they could have spread them out) and brutally hard because they had to get rid of people somehow.
Once I asked a prof why they made us understand the entire glucose metabolism (which was really important) and then in the exam they would ask which atom on the molecule had the N atom attached (which literally does not have any value for a doc to know).
And he said: "I know, but we have too few Klinikstudienplätze and need to make sure enough people fail."

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Greatest Living Man posted:

my apologies if this starts an international dispute, but what type of mustard in germany is roughly equivalent to american yellow mustard?

Have you tried the standard Mittelscharfer Senf? It should be roughly the same, perhaps a bit hotter from what Wiki tells me.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

a heilpraktiker once almost killed my ma by failing to take a recurring hernia seriously. she saw the heilpraktiker on advice of her hausarzt who'd failed to diagnose it for 3 years.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

"Was geht mich der Scheiß an, den ich gestern gelabert habe?" - ein Politiker

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
loving hypocrites. :argh:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
another austrian showing his best side

quote:

Dominic Thiem hinterfragt Hilfsfonds: "Sehe nicht ein, warum ich solchen Leuten Geld schenken sollte"

Thiem: "Viele ordnen dem Sport nicht alles unter"

[...]

Indessen überlegen die Weltverbände einen Hilfsfonds für Spieler, die im Ranking weiter unten zu finden sind und daher aufgrund der ausbleibenden Verdienstmöglichkeiten besonders leiden. Insgesamt sollen neun Millionen US-Dollar ausgeschüttet werden, die Top-Spieler sollen mit Spenden in den Topf einzahlen.

Für die Idee hat Thiem selbst nur wenig übrig. "Ich kenne die Future-Tour, habe dort zwei Jahre lang gespielt. Dort gibt es viele Leute, die dem Sport nicht alles unterordnen", sagte Thiem der Krone. "Ich würde nicht einsehen, warum ich solchen Leuten Geld schenken sollte. Ich spende lieber an Leute oder Institutionen, die es wirklich brauchen."

Und weiter: "Keiner von uns Top-Leuten hat das geschenkt bekommen. Wir mussten uns alle hochkämpfen. Ich habe in keinem Beruf die Garantie, irgendwann einmal richtig viel Geld damit zu verdienen. Es kämpft kein Tennisspieler, auch nicht die, die weiter unten stehen, ums Überleben. Es muss keiner verhungern."

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Der Typ erfüllt mal wieder eine Menge AfD-Klischees.

Dr. Grad aus Bukarest
Ehefrau aus der französischen Schweiz
Eltern, die als DDR-Flüchtlinge in den Westen kamen
Aktives Mittwirken in einer mittelöstlichen Wüstenreligion in freikirchlicher Prägung

Aber Deutschland geht den Bach runter, weil wir die Grenzen offen lassen.

#FuckAfD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randler posted:

Der Typ erfüllt mal wieder eine Menge AfD-Klischees.

Dr. Grad aus Bukarest
Ehefrau aus der französischen Schweiz
Eltern, die als DDR-Flüchtlinge in den Westen kamen
Aktives Mittwirken in einer mittelöstlichen Wüstenreligion in freikirchlicher Prägung

Aber Deutschland geht den Bach runter, weil wir die Grenzen offen lassen.

#FuckAfD