Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

See?

Stux posted:

all im hearing is that jackets are going to be literal goldmines early wipe and that i should farm them

100%. I'm gonna go mainly for jackets and hidden caches when wipe happens, when i'm not scav running. Good way to accumulate enough loot to get going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
All I'm hearing is that Nikita is the master of redirection.

"What's that? You want me to fix all these bugs that I've had years to fix, and fix the audio, and stop the stuttering and server issues, and prevent hackers from ruining the game? Well what we will do is OH HEY LOOK AT THIS PPSH!"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant argue with results

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

"What's that? You want me to fix all these bugs that I've had years to fix, and fix the audio, and stop the stuttering and server issues, and prevent hackers from ruining the game? Well what we will do is OH HEY LOOK AT THIS PPSH!"

um there's going to be an amazing new mp5 helloooo? its the mpx-5d1n used by the special russian polar submarine forces and the gun nut streamer is already ordering all the parts to build it irl :aaa:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Been watching these streamer battles and the streamer Sigma said M995 is bugged. Has anyone heard that? Someone in chat mentioned Klean noticed that arms were blocking the ammo or something. They recommended 855 instead. Curious if that's true or if anyone has heard similar.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
im still waiting on the feature to dual wield guns

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

hakimashou posted:

Key prices are mostly fixed at vendor prices now because its six months into the wipe and there's no particular demand for the quest keys and a months long glut of supply.

Six months into the next wipe it will probably be the same, but who cares? Tarkov is at its most fun early in the wipe and that's what this obnoxious idiocy they've got planned for us will poo poo up.

Also if you think that ammo prices are what they are because of "market barons buying up and relisting cheap sales" I dunno what to tell you.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you seem to be saying that the game is best when people have limited access to weapons and ammo, and that a change that will limit people's access to weapons and ammo is a bad thing.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Bucnasti posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but you seem to be saying that the game is best when people have limited access to weapons and ammo, and that a change that will limit people's access to weapons and ammo is a bad thing.

keys are different dude, because

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

idiotsavant posted:

Yeah EVE had a fantastic market system compared to Tarkov's janky poo poo

I'm entirely confused how ammo flipping is even a problem compared to a billion other things btw. The "problem" comes directly from the global market/global supply setup and slapping off-brand band-aids on it won't fix the structural issues.

Also if you want to force players to use a wider variety of weapons then re-design/rebalance weapons & ammo. There are like fifteen different 9x18mm rounds and the difference between 14 of them is pointless. Same goes with attachments like foregrips - there are 4? 5? variations of RK-x foregrips and like exactly one or two are actually desirable. I'm not a game designer but it feels far more engaging and permissive to have a smaller number of weapons that are all very viable to use in different cases vs a ton of weapons that are either basically repeats or useless. The sweaty min-maxers are always going to spend a million hours organizing raid trades and getting all the best poo poo anyways, so maybe just make basic poo poo a little more usable throughout the duration of a wipe instead of trying to hold back the gear tide.

Yeah the worst part of this idiocy is that its a 'solution' for some problem that doesnt exist.

The flea market has made the game vastly more accessible to everyone than it was before. I have my suspicions that some of these people posting a lot in here now didn't play before the flea market and come up with their ideas without the benefit of that perspective.

They may not realize the huge mechanical advantages people who rushed the start of wipes used to have over people who didn't.

It will still be possible to go on the :reddit: trading discord and sell gunsmith parts for 200k roubles + 1k USD per part, all day long. 10s of millions of roubles a day. And the proceeds of this go to being able to buy ammo and armor and weapon mods that 95% of people cant get, or if they can get it, they have to pay vastly more for it with less money.

With the flea market, people who rush early have more money than people who don't, but almost all of that is just extra money that endlessly piles up. Without the flea market, people who rush early dont just have the money, but they have highly discounted access to armor that you wont be able to penetrate, and ammo that will always penetrate your armor.

The idiocy of removing the market in secondhand gear creates real cost discrepancies. People who can buy armor from vendors really will get it cheaper than people who can't, because instead of everyone being subject to the same equal opportunity costs, different people will have different opportunity costs.

The opportunity cost of using gear is the price you could sell it for on the flea market instead. Gear bought from vendors can't be sold on the flea market either by you or a person who kills you, so its opportunity cost never exceeds what you pay at the vendor. Gear that was found in raid and is sellable has a higher opportunity cost since it can be sold on the flea market for more.

People forced to rely on gear they can buy on the flea market therefore have to pay a higher cost to use the gear than people who can buy it from vendors. This is different from how it is now and much worse. When things truly have different costs for different people, it is unequal and unfair. The gap between these two groups is even wider, because the latter group will also have a great deal more money than the former. The richest get a large discount in addition to being rich, the poor have to pay a large premium.

This is a major mechanical advantage for some people over others. It makes fights less fair and the game less accessible.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Bucnasti posted:

Its best when its a race.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hakimashou posted:

Yeah the worst part of this idiocy is that its a 'solution' for some problem that doesnt exist.

The flea market has made the game vastly more accessible to everyone than it was before. I have my suspicions that some of these people posting a lot in here now didn't play before the flea market and come up with their ideas without the benefit of that perspective.

They may not realize the huge mechanical advantages people who rushed the start of wipes used to have over people who didn't.

It will still be possible to go on the :reddit: trading discord and sell gunsmith parts for 200k roubles + 1k USD per part, all day long. 10s of millions of roubles a day. And the proceeds of this go to being able to buy ammo and armor and weapon mods that 95% of people cant get, or if they can get it, they have to pay vastly more for it with less money.

With the flea market, people who rush early have more money than people who don't, but almost all of that is just extra money that endlessly piles up. Without the flea market, people who rush early dont just have the money, but they have highly discounted access to armor that you wont be able to penetrate, and ammo that will always penetrate your armor.

The idiocy of removing the market in secondhand gear creates real cost discrepancies. People who can buy armor from vendors really will get it cheaper than people who can't, because instead of everyone being subject to the same equal opportunity costs, different people will have different opportunity costs.

The opportunity cost of using gear is the price you could sell it for on the flea market instead. Gear bought from vendors can't be sold on the flea market either by you or a person who kills you, so its opportunity cost never exceeds what you pay at the vendor. Gear that was found in raid and is sellable has a higher opportunity cost since it can be sold on the flea market for more.

People forced to rely on gear they can buy on the flea market therefore have to pay a higher cost to use the gear than people who can buy it from vendors. This is different from how it is now and much worse. When things truly have different costs for different people, it is unequal and unfair. The gap between these two groups is even wider, because the latter group will also have a great deal more money than the former. The richest get a large discount in addition to being rich, the poor have to pay a large premium.

This is a major mechanical advantage for some people over others. It makes fights less fair and the game less accessible.

lol cool

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This game fuckin sucked before the flea market. The argument of “well it was like this before” is a lovely one, because the game was objectively worse then. Game is way more fun, especially as a new player, when you can buy whatever gun you want and play some weird version of tactical legos.

The good news is this is not going away, and now we kinda get the best of both worlds. Scav gear spawns are also infinitely better than the times before flea market, so the pool of poo poo that basically holds low value is huge.

There’s a lot here hanging on BSGs ability to rebalance trader inventory and trader-gates for ammo, but they did well enough with the hideout that I give them some runway here.

I think this is a lot of bitching about nothing - sure ammo and attachments will be more expensive, but so will anything you find as a scav or PMC and can sell yourself. Like thinking through it, probably 90% of the poo poo I sell is either find in raid because it came from the hideout or an actual raid. Ammo will obviously be the big annoyance but honestly this game currently needs a money sync with how stupid easy it is to make roubles. I know I will be ending this wipe vastly more wealthy than I ever have been before, with less overall playtime than some previous wipes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

causticBeet posted:

This game fuckin sucked before the flea market. The argument of “well it was like this before” is a lovely one, because the game was objectively worse then. Game is way more fun, especially as a new player, when you can buy whatever gun you want and play some weird version of tactical legos.

The good news is this is not going away, and now we kinda get the best of both worlds. Scav gear spawns are also infinitely better than the times before flea market, so the pool of poo poo that basically holds low value is huge.

There’s a lot here hanging on BSGs ability to rebalance trader inventory and trader-gates for ammo, but they did well enough with the hideout that I give them some runway here.

I think this is a lot of bitching about nothing - sure ammo and attachments will be more expensive, but so will anything you find as a scav or PMC and can sell yourself. Like thinking through it, probably 90% of the poo poo I sell is either find in raid because it came from the hideout or an actual raid. Ammo will obviously be the big annoyance but honestly this game currently needs a money sync with how stupid easy it is to make roubles. I know I will be ending this wipe vastly more wealthy than I ever have been before, with less overall playtime than some previous wipes.

Think the money sink part through a little bit further.

What are the money sinks in tarkov? The repeatable sustained ones are vendors, insurance fee, and flea mkt fee.

When people buy something from a vendor and then list it on the flea mkt, there are 2 money sinks going. When they buy it from a vendor and dont list it on the flea mkt, perhaps because of some idiotic vandalism to how the flea mkt works, there is less money sinked.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Anytime the optimum way to play your game is to not play there is a problem.
Right now the most efficient way to make money is by playing the market, flipping ammo and barters as soon as they refresh on the dealers is a zero risk way to make as much money as you want. Since you can literally buy anything on the flea market, money is the only thing that really matters in this game.

There are many potentially fun systems in this game that are trivialized or outright negated by the flea market in it's current implementation. Why do I need to level up trader rep if I can just buy everything on the Flea, why do I need to make anything other than the 3-5 currently profitable items in my hideout if I can just buy everything else cheaper on the flea market? Why do I need to complete quests to unlock item sales if I can just buy them on the Flea Market? Why do I need to increase my stash size or buy storage boxes when it's significantly cheaper to just sell everything on the flea and buy it back when I need to?

If they're going to have a free-for-all flea market then they should just get rid of dealers and make it completely player driven (Iike Eve), but obviously that's not the way they want to go. You can blame "streamers and reddit", but they were making this clear long before the game became the twitch darling that it currently is.

I for one am looking forward to this change, I believe it will bring back the need to make choice and deal with the consequences of those choices. But maybe I'm wrong and it will be an unmitigated disaster, and in that case I hope they recognize that and make adjustments.The's the nice thing about being in beta, nothing is set in stone and they can make further changes down the road.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Bucnasti posted:

Right now the most efficient way to make money is by playing the market, flipping ammo and barters as soon as they refresh on the dealers is a zero risk way to make as much money as you want. Since you can literally buy anything on the flea market, money is the only thing that really matters in this game.

There are many potentially fun systems in this game that are trivialized or outright negated by the flea market in it's current implementation. Why do I need to level up trader rep if I can just buy everything on the Flea, why do I need to make anything other than the 3-5 currently profitable items in my hideout if I can just buy everything else cheaper on the flea market? Why do I need to complete quests to unlock item sales if I can just buy them on the Flea Market? Why do I need to increase my stash size or buy storage boxes when it's significantly cheaper to just sell everything on the flea and buy it back when I need to?

If they're going to have a free-for-all flea market then they should just get rid of dealers and make it completely player driven (Iike Eve), but obviously that's not the way they want to go. You can blame "streamers and reddit", but they were making this clear long before the game became the twitch darling that it currently is.

I for one am looking forward to this change, I believe it will bring back the need to make choice and deal with the consequences of those choices. But maybe I'm wrong and it will be an unmitigated disaster, and in that case I hope they recognize that and make adjustments.The's the nice thing about being in beta, nothing is set in stone and they can make further changes down the road.

You need to level up trader rep to make money flipping things on the flea, in order for the first part of what you said to be true.

Its worth noting that a lot of people complain that they cant find 'worthy opponents', that they just run into people using minimal poo poo gear or nothing at all.

One of the systems that this idiotic change is going to deprecate is the system of 'bringing good stuff into raids' because how are 3/4 of the people going to be able to afford to?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what if those people are also stupid

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bucnasti posted:

counterpoint: they do that because doing that is often more fun than actually playing Tarkov, so maybe you are looking for the problem in the wrong place

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The upside of the new meta theyv'e got planned isn't so bad.

Strong incentive to use armor that cant be repaired well, so that even if someone does kill you, they get armor that costs a fortune to repair before they can even vendor it, and is crap once its repaired anyway.

The dream of 'even if you kill me you dont get anything,' finally realized!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The dream. Even in death, I spite you!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

everyone knows tarkov is improved by nothing being worth looting if you're even able to loot it

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, insurance is gonna be even better after the update, as people are going to be hesitant to pick up people's broken armors when they could make more money filling those slots with barter items instead.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Stux posted:

lol cool

The post you quoted was a good post. Yours was not.

Stux posted:

what if those people are also stupid

ShowTime posted:

This thread has turned pretty toxic.

Be the change OP

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that stuff sounds cool to me

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

ChesterJT posted:

I mean I actually watched the podcast stream Nikita did and he did mention that
- they're doing some new audio module ("steam audio"? might have misheard) that is apparently really nice
- they do keep fixing stutter bugs it's kind of a whack-a-mole issue
- they do continue doing banwaves and poo poo, like with the wrong unity settings issue that somebody noticed I'm sure there's ways that they could improve things but just "FIX ALL THE HACKERS NOW" isn't really useful feedback. Also Nikita's (correctly) morally against "just banning china"
- they're also doing a bunch of other stuff like map revamps, they're going to change customs more to cut down on the remaining chokepoints

So like it's not that he's not doing that stuff, they're just also doing stuff like adding the ppsh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

imo they should get the 3d modellers and animators to do coding... not good enough...

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
In an effort to provide meaningful content and not-hysterics, can anyone elucidate the actual mechanics of the armor system?? I have an understanding that taking in armor that is 75-80% of it's original max durability is about as low as you wanna start a raid with it, but I'm not entirely sure why.

If I try to plot out the facts, it's something like this. The chance for bullets to penetrate is based on the penetration value, which roughly correlates to power/10 = armor class it penetrates. Hence we have BS 5.45 penetrating class 5 reliably and M61 penetrating all armors reliably.

Every hit onto the armor hitbox can either get absorbed by armor, or penetrate and deal damage to the player?? And if it's absorbed by the armor is when the armor takes damage, which is sometimes the minimum of 1 dmg to armor and sometimes a % of the damage (based on that ammos stats) that was prevented from hitting the bodypart??? And if it penetrates and hurts the player than it's not damaging the armor for that shot????

The overall chance of penetration is partially based on current durability ÷ max ORIGINAL durability of the armor at new, so going in with a slick with say, 26/26 is probably worse than wearing a fresh class 4? A zero durability armor does nothing??

I recognize a lot of assumptions in my thinking here, and not a lot of access to facts. Does anyone have a clearer cleaner explanation?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Phobeste posted:

I mean I actually watched the podcast stream Nikita did and he did mention that
- they're doing some new audio module ("steam audio"? might have misheard) that is apparently really nice
- they do keep fixing stutter bugs it's kind of a whack-a-mole issue
- they do continue doing banwaves and poo poo, like with the wrong unity settings issue that somebody noticed I'm sure there's ways that they could improve things but just "FIX ALL THE HACKERS NOW" isn't really useful feedback. Also Nikita's (correctly) morally against "just banning china"
- they're also doing a bunch of other stuff like map revamps, they're going to change customs more to cut down on the remaining chokepoints

So like it's not that he's not doing that stuff, they're just also doing stuff like adding the ppsh

I'm curious about the steam audio thing. It's at least something for sure. And yes they are adding to maps, customs specifically it looked like, which is also nice.

They've claimed twice now to have "fixed" the stutters but they're still there. You either fix it or you don't, and they haven't. And yes they're allegedly banning cheaters 1k+ per day, but they're still prevalent and cheaters also claim they can undo bans with hwid fuckery but both sides have a vested interest in lying so who knows for sure. I don't know that they are actually doing anything about it. Region blocking would probably block 75% of cheaters but I agree it's a dumb response that punishes non-cheaters in China unfairly. Just throwing out numbers of banned cheaters doesn't help the people who have already been screwed so it's understandable a "hey we got some of them after they cheated" statement doesn't mean much to the playerbase.

I don't work for battlestate nor am I a network systems security expert so as a player all I can do is voice my complaints, point out bugs, and make suggestions of what needs to be different. If I was a good developer I would appreciate that feedback and find it useful whether I used it or not.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 26, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Not sure if this was posted yet:

quote:

Here are the highlights of what was said during the latest TarkovTV Devblog:

● Patch 0.12.5 is planned for the beginning of next week after it there will be 0.12.6, there is no exact release date yet. At the moment, testing is underway and the patchnote for patch 0.12.6 is not ready yet.

● The wipe will take place in 0.12.6, however, we will save the progress of examining items and weapon presets.

● Before wipe, for 3-4 days, there will be pre-wipe events, info about them will be reported closer to the point.

● After the wipe, at the flea market, you will only allowed to sell items that have found in raid status.

● "Run through" status-will reset the “found in raid " status from items.

● Patch 0.12.5 will be without content, it contains fixes, optimization and new mechanics (quick treatment by therapist, mouse sensitivity depending on the multiplicity of the sight, and so on).

● It is planned to rework loot on locations, its spawn locations, and the loot pools themselves.

● Random places with loot are planned. Also, it is planned to introduce a feature so that the AI will protect places with valuable loot.

● The first part of skill system rework will be in 0.12.7.

● Regarding Steam Audio: the developers of Hired Ops asked BSG for a module to implement in their game (HOps). Positioning already works cool, it becomes clear where the enemy is, not just on the left or right, but also behind and above your position or in front and below. The game will have Steam Audio in 0.12.6. You can check this feature out already in Hired Ops.

● A new caliber will be added to the game .45 ACP and several weapons samples are planned for it. In 0.12.6 there will be Colt 1911, later UMP and Kriss Vector.

● Almost the entire team of level designers is working on a new location — Streets of Tarkov. Nikita confirmed that there will be up to 40 players on the map. Developers like the idea that you can get lost on location. The screenshot showed a helicopter flying near one of the high-rise buildings.

● Work is underway on new equipment for the scavs-cheap, bad-looking-something like survival gear.

● It is planned to rebalance various thermal imagers after adding more of them.

● New boss for the Shoreline location, name: Sanitar. Not much of a fighter, who uses stimulants. Also, he will have various unique stimulants in his inventory. One of them is MULE, for carrying weights and another with interesting effects called " Obdolbos”, the development of the Sanitar himself.

● Customs expansion is planned for 0.12.6. One of the new buildings will be the base for Reshala and his crew. Perhaps there will be an underground level at the new part of the location, or at some building.

● In 0.12.7 or 0.12.8 it's planned to add a USP pistol in three variants at once.

● Demonstrated more detailed customization of weapons on the example of Colt 1911.

● Demonstrated a work in progress video of the PPSH. The introduction of PPSH in the game looks logical and realistic, since there are many military warehouses on the territory of Russia, where a large number of PPSH is stored.

● About cheaters: every day from 1500 to 2000 dishonest players are banned. Approximately 50,000 dishonest players were blocked in March. This month it is expected that there will be more of them. The team is constantly working with the BattlEye developers.

● The game will have a system of reports: both on suspiciously acting players, and on all sorts of exploits, bugs, and obscene nicknames.

● Post-FX filters will be introduced in patch 0.12.5. NVIDIA has prematurely disabled its FreeStyle filters. They are now working again, but they will be completely disabled starting from May 1. Support for NVIDIA Highlights will also be disabled since this system was used by cheaters.

● Items taken from players in raid will still not have the "found in raid" status.

● Barters for dogtags will continue to be added. Conditions for bartering with dogtags are planned to be revised (quantity, levels).

● About the cultists: Nikita refused to talk about it, the players will see for themselves when they are added. In which patch? In any.

● Unity is scheduled to be updated to version 2019. This will give devs even more tools for optimizing and developing the project.

● They work with spawns on maps all the time. Bugs are being fixed. Spawn points are edited constantly, including the ones based on feedback from players. The following patches will also bring changes for spawns fixing.

● With the wipe, there will also be changes in the VAL/VSS characteristics.

● In post-raid treatment, you will be able to see statistics on damaged parts of the body — injuries (where, how, and with what cartridge). More detailed reports may be added in the future.

● Customization of armored rigs and plate carriers is quite a big and serious feature. Most likely it will be added in patch 0.13, along with Streets of Tarkov.

● Compass: possibly in 0.12.7.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

I'm curious about the steam audio thing. It's at least something for sure. And yes they are adding to maps, customs specifically it looked like, which is also nice.

This guy does a video about Steam Audio, he spends the first half of the video on bullshit but skip to the 7 minute mark and he tries out the demo unity app and shows how it works with direction, occlusion and attenuation of sounds. I think it will be a huge improvement to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRx9qeI5b8&t=441s

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Honestly, fixed stutters and the new audio system and this game will be pretty drat good.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does 32GB of ram help with Tarkov? Like could it fix stutters? My ram usage is 15.9/16GB while playing. Also I have to play with 0.5x res scaling because fps is so poor with 0.7 or 1x. I need a 2080Ti or newer too...

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ultimatefire posted:

In an effort to provide meaningful content and not-hysterics, can anyone elucidate the actual mechanics of the armor system?? I have an understanding that taking in armor that is 75-80% of it's original max durability is about as low as you wanna start a raid with it, but I'm not entirely sure why.

If I try to plot out the facts, it's something like this. The chance for bullets to penetrate is based on the penetration value, which roughly correlates to power/10 = armor class it penetrates. Hence we have BS 5.45 penetrating class 5 reliably and M61 penetrating all armors reliably.

Every hit onto the armor hitbox can either get absorbed by armor, or penetrate and deal damage to the player?? And if it's absorbed by the armor is when the armor takes damage, which is sometimes the minimum of 1 dmg to armor and sometimes a % of the damage (based on that ammos stats) that was prevented from hitting the bodypart??? And if it penetrates and hurts the player than it's not damaging the armor for that shot????

The overall chance of penetration is partially based on current durability ÷ max ORIGINAL durability of the armor at new, so going in with a slick with say, 26/26 is probably worse than wearing a fresh class 4? A zero durability armor does nothing??

I recognize a lot of assumptions in my thinking here, and not a lot of access to facts. Does anyone have a clearer cleaner explanation?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VuxGkweKB118mF1kcBmVPe-Bj_gSKGOCWyoytM4miDU/edit#gid=64053005 There's a good shots to penetrate table if you go to the middle tab on the bottom - it doesn't include the slick but it gives you a good impression of how ammo performs against different levels of armor. Or you can talk to Gromky and get his formula or something idk I'd rather memorize tables so I can shoot people or something.

Also yes it's based off current/max, and if it penetrates it does less damage to the armor than if it doesn't penetrate. The damage done to armor seems to be based off the damage of the bullet, penetration value and armor damage % value but hosed if I know how it's calculated.

Also I hate to say it because his hate-on for the PK-06 is so weird but Haki is absolutely right and I'm prepared to spend 5 mil in keys or something absolutely ridiculous to unlock my own M61 and M62 and then never worry about ammo again and then loan out the keys.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 27, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Armor takes less damage if the bullet penetrates it, but it still takes damage. More damage is inflicted if the bullet fails to penetrate.

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

...seems to be based off the damage of the bullet, penetration value and armor damage % value but hosed if I know how it's calculated...

Yeah, that's how I feel about most of the actual math and results in the game.

I found this spreadsheet which attempts to estimate approximate durability of vests/helmets including a modifier for how breakable they are, which further makes me confused on the subject - but anecdotally I seem to have noticed that the cheap ones get chewed through and the repairable ones can last more than one fight in the same raid sometimes, so, I figure its approximately correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zeErVVOdPGccCYiihZWsL7PfiJfc6umXFrKPs0M1DAA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I also had not noticed that some of the helmets, like the ULACH, have small hearing loss. I noticed the ones with major hearing loss but never realized there were tiers.

They change things so fast sometimes too, tough game to stay on top of.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ultimatefire posted:

Yeah, that's how I feel about most of the actual math and results in the game.

I found this spreadsheet which attempts to estimate approximate durability of vests/helmets including a modifier for how breakable they are, which further makes me confused on the subject - but anecdotally I seem to have noticed that the cheap ones get chewed through and the repairable ones can last more than one fight in the same raid sometimes, so, I figure its approximately correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zeErVVOdPGccCYiihZWsL7PfiJfc6umXFrKPs0M1DAA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I also had not noticed that some of the helmets, like the ULACH, have small hearing loss. I noticed the ones with major hearing loss but never realized there were tiers.

They change things so fast sometimes too, tough game to stay on top of.

The hearing reduction is very noticeable if you use the the zsh-1 or the altyn. While the ratnik and ulach both have small hearing reductions, you can still wear headphones with them, countering the loss. Helmets typically incur small to large hearing penalties if they protect your ears.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Man, I think my main issue with this game is how long it takes between rounds.

Heal, put on new equipment, sit in line for 3+ Minutes.

The only time it really bugs me is when doing the kill X at/with Y. Since I'm basically just going back out to do the same poo poo as fast as possible until I get the dopamine sound.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Bondematt posted:

Man, I think my main issue with this game is how long it takes between rounds.

Heal, put on new equipment, sit in line for 3+ Minutes.

The only time it really bugs me is when doing the kill X at/with Y. Since I'm basically just going back out to do the same poo poo as fast as possible until I get the dopamine sound.

Yeah this is what's really been killing my motivation to play lately. And this also doesn't include the interminable pause after dying to get back to the menu.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lemon posted:

Yeah this is what's really been killing my motivation to play lately. And this also doesn't include the interminable pause after dying to get back to the menu.

Forreal. Always been a problem in this game that you spend more time in menus than in game, especially if you're having bad runs.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I bought a FAL for 45k, it had some parts already like a rail for grips. Well 22 grips, what I'm going to put in there? I had no idea. I googled the list of grips, looked at stats and flea market prices and made myself a sheet. Now I can decide if I want recoil or ergo and how many rubles I have to pay for that extra tiny advantage.

Magpul AFG, Viking Tactical, Cobra Tactical all look good. Magpul RVG if you want some recoil action. Those 4-5% recoil grips don't look too hot.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'd value recoil over ergo, personally, though balancing the two is fine, which is why I like the RK-0. Though looking at those numbers, the Magpul RVG seems like a logical upgrade.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 27, 2020