Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Today Pate decided she wanted to leave my island to become a pop star. I let her go because Sprinkle is basically the same character. Now if I could just get Rodeo or Tucker to leave. I’m tired of hearing about what the insects tell them at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

shortspecialbus posted:

Can confirm, and the existing guides specific for new horizons don't have all the fakes. I found 2 fakes today that were different in other ways (eyebrows on scary painting, water spout too wide on quaint painting) than the guides I saw had. I had 2 real ones, I believe, or at least I couldn't find anything wrong with either when closely comparing with the legit ones.

Your best bet is to just find an image of the real one for the game (those are largely out there now) and just scrutinize against that rather than the "the fake scary painting has a smile instead of a frown" guides.

Also RIP finger guns scary painting

Now I'm paranoid and have to double check if the quaint painting I bought today is the real deal

edit: thank heavens

I'm lame and being a nerd about the art. I try my best to compare it to the original.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 26, 2020

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

If I customize a piece of furniture, can another player pick it up to catalog it and be able to order item normally? I'm not concerned with them getting the custom design or not, just the base item itself.

If it's customized with a Custom Pattern they won't be able to pick it up (I think you may not be able to even drop it - the item's Leaf will be a yellow-ish green), if it's customized with just the default customization options the game provides it should be fine. I don't know about Sabel's patterns though. However if it's something your Did It Yourself'd they won't be able to order it from Nook Shopping no matter what.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mill Village posted:

Today Pate decided she wanted to leave my island to become a pop star. I let her go because Sprinkle is basically the same character. Now if I could just get Rodeo or Tucker to leave. I’m tired of hearing about what the insects tell them at night.

I am actually strategizing based on specific villagers asking me to leave. If Louie asks to leave, I'll let him go, and accept another jock or peppy villager from an island in his place. If I take a peppy villager, then I'll replace Truffles with a jock villager via amiibo.... etc.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Dang y’all, the visitor watering bonus is some powerful stuff. My rose/pansy/mum setup was absolutely packed with new flowers this morning.
https://twitter.com/runchild_switch/status/1254462325291020288?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I taught Nate to say "Anime" for his catchphrase since he's a huge dork and unfortunately some of the other villagers now use it as well. :(

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

TheBizzness posted:

Another advantage to having 4 human islanders is getting 4 recipes each day.

The downside is having to pay for and tend extra homes. Luckily I have 2 kids who play so I only get extra paintings, K.K. songs, and recipes without having to decorate.

I've been wondering about creating an extra profile just to have another house to plonk down. Is this a dumb idea that I need talking out of?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I taught Nate to say "Anime" for his catchphrase since he's a huge dork and unfortunately some of the other villagers now use it as well. :(

Yeah, catchpharses can spread now. I'm not a fan.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Molly tried to leave me today. No fuckin chance, kiddo, you're here forever.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Getting pissed up on a bench with my good friend Admiral.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Chris Pistols posted:

I've been wondering about creating an extra profile just to have another house to plonk down. Is this a dumb idea that I need talking out of?

It’s a great idea and the pros far outweigh the cons.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah admiral rules.

Finally got three stars and now I can terraform. Mostly just excited to give myself a few places that will be easier to build inclines

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Fill the extra house with the trash furniture set and let cockroaches move in. You now have ten+ animal neighbors!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, catchpharses can spread now. I'm not a fan.

I am 75% sure this has always been the case, or at least in the last couple games. I seem to remember it in the 2001 version as well, but less sure about that.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I am opening Nisolation to the general goon public! I have a free DIY section in the front near the stores, and a free item giveaway near Redd (who has nothing but fakes and a bad furniture selection).

I ask that you bring and dupe/spare DIYs. If you have a Colorful Wheel, pinball machine, or arcade that I can catalog, please bring it!

DODO: ------ Closed!

Edit: Please no custom designs.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 26, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The Silver Snail posted:

Fill the extra house with the trash furniture set and let cockroaches move in. You now have ten+ animal neighbors!

Oh man, with that many bugs in the floor, just think of all the recipes!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

The Silver Snail posted:

Ok, Bogleech!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Prowler posted:

I am opening Nisolation to the general goon public! I have a free DIY section in the front near the stores, and a free item giveaway near Redd (who has nothing but fakes and a bad furniture selection).

I ask that you bring and dupe/spare DIYs. If you have a Colorful Wheel, pinball machine, or arcade that I can catalog, please bring it!

DODO: D28RJ

Thanks! How did you make that welcome sign near the airport?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I hope that the rumor about Dream Suites making a comeback is true. I would love to visit Bogleech's weird town and see his Abadox room, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The Silver Snail posted:

I hope that the rumor about Dream Suites making a comeback is true. I would love to visit Bogleech's weirdo town and see his Abadox room, but I wouldn't want to live there.

That flesh room is pure terror.

I want to feed it little cakes and candies.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

TheBizzness posted:

It’s a great idea and the pros far outweigh the cons.

Good, just starting now with a new profile! Weird being on my island as not-me. I assume the main advantage is being able to have another house, but what else should I be aware of before I stumble into it?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

TwoSheds posted:

Thanks! How did you make that welcome sign near the airport?

Custom graffiti. GIMP, a font from DAFont, and a 64x32 image (two stamps). To be fair, I made the sun, lol.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm going to open my gates for a bit just for people to get the other three art pieces at Redd's here:

1: Fake Mona Lisa (evil eyebrows edition)
2: The Thinker? in copper
3: Some crowd painting
4: Schlong of David This one is going straight to my library the fake version rules

I have spacesuits in Abel's shop and ants eating my turnips

DC: closed

Also if anyone has any villagers leaving today I have a spot open

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 26, 2020

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If someones Switch Online runs out, can you still send them mail? I sent a friend some but it never arrived.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Chris Pistols posted:

Good, just starting now with a new profile! Weird being on my island as not-me. I assume the main advantage is being able to have another house, but what else should I be aware of before I stumble into it?

Your other character can get a new recipe on the beach each morning, request a song from K.K. on Saturdays, and buy a painting from Redds boat.

Those are the main advantages since your main character can only get one of each.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

I'm going to open my gates for a bit just for people to get the other three art pieces at Redd's here:

1: Fake Mona Lisa (evil eyebrows edition)
2: The Thinker? in copper
3: Some crowd painting
4: Schlong of David This one is going straight to my library the fake version rules

I have spacesuits in Abel's shop and ants eating my turnips

DC: 4TMMR

Also if anyone has any villagers leaving today I have a spot open

Hopping over for a spacesuit. Thanks for opening.

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Prowler posted:

DODO: D28RJ

What a lovely town! I'm not usually a fan of the suburban feel but I really enjoyed your layout, it's got such a bright and breezy feeling.

I hope some of my DIYs were useful!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

any art historians know if this is fake, can't tell

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I have closed my doors for now! Thank you, Charlie, for the wheel catalog and the extra stuff.

fizzy-o posted:

What a lovely town! I'm not usually a fan of the suburban feel but I really enjoyed your layout, it's got such a bright and breezy feeling.

I hope some of my DIYs were useful!

If not for me, they will be for someone! Thanks for coming by!

Before the library, cliffside arcade, and outdoor park, I had two giant forests, a bamboo forest, and hidden away areas. Isabelle kept telling me I had too many trees and too few decorations... ..eventually, this happened, ha.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
If I can't see my own penis why should I have to see one in animal crossing?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Help Im Alive posted:

any art historians know if this is fake, can't tell

Y'know, that dong may be small in poportion, but I think it's quite satisfactory on a grander scale. :monocle:

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
I really hope they patch in personalized homes for your first five starting villagers. It’s buggin me that they just have generic layouts for what? Supposedly so player homes aren’t one upped by NPC villagers?

It makes sense for everyone to have bare furnishings for maybe the first week or two of consistent playing but once you settle in your final five villagers, with their themed homes, your first guys should at least be able to renovate and upgrade to their final theme.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

and the most detailed scrotum in video game history goes to animal crossing

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I bought Ribbot a t-shirt with a picture of a frog on it. He loved it, of course. He's a big fan of frogs, because he too is a normal, real frog.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I will never get 5 stars. I refuse to deforest my island into an ugly rear end flat lot for some dumb flower.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Does Redd continue to bring fake versions of a painting if you've already bought the real one? Apparently the very first painting he ever sold me, the one you don't get to see/pick, was the real Mona Lisa. I really wanted the Piss and Mona.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Can't believe that Nook REFUSES to be paid in bells for the first house loan. Bastard.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm so used to cataloguing stuff I want and then ordering it from Nook Shopping that I just wasted one of my daily orders on something I'd picked up 10 minutes ago and still had in my inventory, because I forgot I actually had it.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

I'm glad there will be statues. I need a statue for my twin peaks room.

https://twitter.com/PlasticWig/status/1254441927765704706?s=20

Any chance I could touch that chair and lamp? I have the wallpaper and I’d gladly share my zigzag pattern floor with you lol

Feel free to add me at 1161-2629-9805

E: https://twitter.com/felixcactus/status/1243968995977334784?s=21 here’s mine. Same tweet lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JHVH-1 posted:

I'm glad there will be statues. I need a statue for my twin peaks room.

https://twitter.com/PlasticWig/status/1254441927765704706?s=20

:swoon:

I'm planning on doing this myself but drat you knocked it out the goddamn park!