Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't played in a few days; have any significant troop balance changes been found? The latest patchnotes were very vague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I looked through the troop trees and it looks like some skill numbers have changed but I didn't see anything else different.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well, I have no problem using a lance or spear, either. I guess those are always one-handed? I don't really know which is more effective. Using the wide leaf spear right now, I'm going to guess it's not the best spear, but I can't find anything better.

e: wait no it's the fine steel leaf spear

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Nosre posted:

I haven't played in a few days; have any significant troop balance changes been found? The latest patchnotes were very vague

Sturgia has better shields.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Is there a big table of all the items in Bannerlord somewhere? I remember seeing a data dump on either Reddit or maybe a steam guide but now I can't find anything when I search.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Thanks. Thinking to start a new Battanian run and wasn't sure if they'd gotten nerfed

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Multiplayer is getting real old with the limited amount of content and no mods. Really looking forward to a classic Warband MP mod + Warband commander mode (random generated terrain, many more troops) where you can select your individual armors/weapons and customize your mans.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Washin Tong posted:

The Eastern Polesword is a great cheap alternative for the beginning, it's found often in Aserai towns.

What will you say when your child asks: why didn't you invest in Eastern Polesword?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Baronjutter posted:

What will you say when your child asks: why didn't you invest in Eastern Polesword?

Lol

I am doing a new game, realistic everything and NO HORSE.
It actually works pretty well, have my army up to 200 troops and we still move at 5.3~ during the day. I wonder if your main character will also ride inventory horses if available like your normal troops, and getting off during battle.

Does anyone know if your character's height comes into play during the game? I made this non-horse dude a big mothefucker, and it *seems* like he has more reach but it might be all in my head.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

back when you could baby mode at release that effected hitbox. i presume reach too but it's lost to the mods now

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Oh gently caress I never realised I could sell prisoners to dungeons for influence!!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fire onagers are insane if you game it just right (only make siege towers or bash down a wall segment) and can force the AI to clump up in a breach point. Killed like 30 people in one lucky hit, only to have an imperial recruit kill an equal amount due to friendly fire.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
one thing that bothers me is I can order my dudes to gently caress off back and not do anything on a siege and yet the seige engines siren song will still grab six or so randoms from my army to man them and apparently from there it will drive itself and I cannot do poo poo about it. I should have control over you wooden devils!!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Shock Troopers are quickly becoming my favorite infantry. They might not be as tough as the Sergeant, but their spears, sword and javelins are a great combo. Also they have big shields which is always a plus.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

wilderthanmild posted:

I really love using the Glaive. Basically any of the big swinging pole arms are great on horseback.

I'm Guan Yu and I endorse this message.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Long glaive or its cheaper (and one-handable, at the cost of being restricted to it's lovely thrust only) little brother the voulge are my go-tos

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Caldog is randomly -44 even though I'm a vassal with a castle and two fiefs? How do I get him to not hate me?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Hot Diggity! posted:

Caldog is randomly -44 even though I'm a vassal with a castle and two fiefs? How do I get him to not hate me?

You turn on him and cut his head off.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Something makes your liege randomly hate you sometimes, with no notification. I had Caladog go to -100 in my game when I his vassal. I definitely didn't execute anyone and I had supported him in every vote up til that point

I don't think it affects much though: I think the only thing relationship does is make it a bit easier to convince people to join your kingdom, and make it a bit less likely that they'll leave if you're the ruling clan. Also, if you have a negative relation with a lord in your kingdom they won't let you enter their castle, which can be annoying if you just took that castle and you want to rest or donate a bunch of surplus prisoners/troops

If you have a lot of influence you can fix reputation with any lord by opening the kingdom screen, selecting their clan and clicking 'support' to give them some of your influence. You gotta click a lot though, it only adds 1-2 rep per 50 influence spent and the clan selection resets every time you click the button

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I got about 90 hours if game time in this. I think it's enough. I certainly hacked many a peasant apart. Married, wife died. Got married again. Had a ton of kids before it was nerfed.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Beef posted:

Generally, the formation for infantry is shield wall and archers in loose.

Just want to mention that while shield wall absolutely has its uses, it may not be the end-all-be-all of infantry formations. If you solely want them to hold a line it does a decent job but I find they have a much better chance of actually winning a fight themselves when given a charge order. They barely attack when in shield wall, get outflanked easily since they're so close together, and the units getting flanked do not respond to it well. Try going behind the enemy shield wall after you bust through the gate in a siege. You can just lay into them and they don't do much of anything about it. Shield wall does get better if you put them in a chokepoint where they can't get flanked though, like at the end of the bridge on that one map.

Personally I tend to keep them in shield wall during the approach and order them to charge just before the lines meet, preferably after they've thrown a couple javelins if they have em. A lot like Total War games, really.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

drat it, there's a guy who has a bunch of battanian highborn youths and I have no way to make him like me, he never has any quests, how do I get this guy to give his youths up?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
There's a mod that gives bonus relation to local lords / NPCs when you kill bandits. Highly recommended if only for that reason.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Have you been abstaining from votes? I noticed that not spending my influence on all their dumb votes was tanking my relations around the kingdom.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I thought spear troops were garbage for the most part. Like I'm going to take Legionary over Menovolin, though that's a decision between shield vs no shield.

Griz
May 21, 2001

BeAuMaN posted:

I thought spear troops were garbage for the most part. Like I'm going to take Legionary over Menovolin, though that's a decision between shield vs no shield.

regular spears kinda suck unless you're on a horse or trying to kill horsemen but menavlions are more like glaive/billhook/etc and will slaughter everyone as long as you have enough room to wind up a swing.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

:vince:

Griz posted:

regular spears kinda suck unless you're on a horse or trying to kill horsemen but menavlions are more like glaive/billhook/etc and will slaughter everyone as long as you have enough room to wind up a swing.

Yeah, regular spears are alright but hitting your metal pixel into the tiny man suuuuucks when compared to just turning a bit to one side and hitting a guy (4 or 5 with the cleave mod) with your gigantic flat earth of a hitbox.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

sturgia shieldwall is legit good now and those spears come in handy. used to suck fighting the khergit, now they just loving melt under a hail of javelins.

horse brigands are an absolute counter to horse archer spam, as long as you get to about 2/3rds parity in numbers.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

upgunned shitpost posted:

sturgia shieldwall is legit good now and those spears come in handy. used to suck fighting the khergit, now they just loving melt under a hail of javelins.

Was this a recent change?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Midgetskydiver posted:

1.3 beta gave a lot of sturgian troops big round shields.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kinda wish this game was set in Not-Japan rather than Not-Turkey just because shields are loving irritating to deal with in any medieval combat game. It's a lot worse now that I'm playing a character who isn't using a weapon the size of a small continent, so the AI actually registers that I'm close enough to melee them and will block all day.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Midgetskydiver posted:

The T3 spearman had a shield added to them, which is very good. Also, their athletics and armor in T4/T5 were buffed, The Ulfs still have no armor but they got a stat boost and crazy athletics.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Baronjutter posted:

Thread title for the love of god

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vargs posted:

Kinda wish this game was set in Not-Japan rather than Not-Turkey

Can't wait for the Samurai conversion mod: Mount & Waifu.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I think that's the main drat thing is that 80% of Warband's goodness came from mods. Who the hell played Vanilla?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It's me, the vanilla player. I... just didn't know.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Glass of Milk posted:

I think that's the main drat thing is that 80% of Warband's goodness came from mods. Who the hell played Vanilla?

I remember Pendor 100 times more than Calradia, like I know what the vanilla factions were about and I know Harlaus because of the dumb butter memes. That's it.

Probably because that mod was cool but grindy as hell and I wasted hundreds of hours in it.

OGS-Remix posted:

Is there a big table of all the items in Bannerlord somewhere? I remember seeing a data dump on either Reddit or maybe a steam guide but now I can't find anything when I search.

Well, turning config.cheat_mode 1 on the console mod and opening the inventory will show you every single item in the game.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 27, 2020

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

E: quote is not edit

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Vargs posted:

Personally I tend to keep them in shield wall during the approach and order them to charge just before the lines meet, preferably after they've thrown a couple javelins if they have em. A lot like Total War games, really.

It's shocking how well Total War instincts translate over to this game.

Is there a way to forcibly move a lord via the console, or move to them? I'm increasingly convinced that the last free lord of Battania has somehow bugged out: the game thinks he's been hanging around Car Banseth (a city I own) for over a week, but my aggressive patrolling around there with 150 Scouting reveals no sign of the bastard.

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved - turns out he was in the dungeon! Apparently the Karakhergits rode up, dunked on his army, and sold him to me???

Kestral fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Washin Tong posted:

Well, turning config.cheat_mode 1 on the console mod and opening the inventory will show you every single item in the game.

Oh thanks that helps. I was hoping for a table that I could sort by item/region but i guess I can just go category by category.