Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I'm sure it could be arranged but that seems tough for production schedules, even if it's only one character moving around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It also makes no more sense than him just staying at Star Labs.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

oh jay posted:

It also makes no more sense than him just staying at Star Labs.

You've seen how easy it is to break into there, right?

He'd have more security standing in the middle of nowhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I had to laugh at real Iris telling Eva, "My husband Barry? He's the Flash."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry r/n

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

Barry r/n

Imagine how different this scene would look if we didn't know he's right.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love that "Iris can't cook" was on his crazy board as evidence.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This is either some double bluff on the team's part, a bizarre bluff on the writers' part, or I'm very confused.

E: ...or a fake-out. In hindsight the most obvious but I'm disappointed.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 29, 2020

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Barry doesn't know about his peeping nemesis so it's not surprising he got played hard.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How many nemesessies with elaborate revenge plans has Barry had at this point? I'd be going a little :tinfoil: by now too.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm glad Barry wasn't a total idiot for once.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm glad Barry wasn't a total idiot for once.

The best part is, the one time he's doing something smart, everyone thinks he's an idiot :v:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I really, really hated the first thirty minutes of this episode. The back half was better, but it made me sad that they did so incredibly little of interest with Mirror-Iris. Also Eva seems like she could have been a cool villain throughout the season, but since she's been stuck in the mirror forever, she was just boring and inert for 99% of it. Even without the messed-up schedule thanks to COVID, this would still have been an appallingly-paced season.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 30, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Majorian posted:

I really, really hated the first thirty minutes of this episode. The back half was better, but it made me sad that they did so incredibly little of interest with Mirror-Iris. Also Eva seems like she could have been a cool villain throughout the season, but since she's been stuck in the mirror forever, she was just boring and inert for 99% of it. Even without the messed-up schedule thanks to COVID, this would still have been an appallingly-paced season.

My understanding is that they intended to resolve the Eva plot line before the end of the season and do a third ‘pod’ about Thawne.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Really annoys me when they try to make a new bit of tech.
Turn it on for the first time, doesn't work 100% right "Oh ffs we made a paperwieght, might as well give up".
They do this too often.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Beens posted:

Turn it on for the first time, doesn't work 100% right "Oh ffs we made a paperwieght, might as well give up".
They do this too often.

Cisco sucks at everything.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

They do this too often.

I mean people get frustrated and discouraged when that poo poo happens, I don't blame then.

It's usually followed by a EUREKA moment in the middle of the night that makes everything work anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eva is a bad main villain because the main cast was not even aware she existed until almost the end of the season.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

muscles like this! posted:

Eva is a bad main villain because the main cast was not even aware she existed until almost the end of the season.

I kinda like that aspect of her. When there's a looming threat that the team is working against and totally aware of at all times you get the Savitar season where almost everything revolves around how to defeat Savitar and every single spoken line and every plot thread revolves around Savitar.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When did Singh get mirrored? I must have missed an episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

When did Singh get mirrored? I must have missed an episode.

Happened off screen because him being a mirror duplicate was a plot twist.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Did they enhance Barry's package last episode? It was kind of noticeable.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

Did they enhance Barry's package last episode? It was kind of noticeable.

It's always stood out more in the current costume compared to the older ones.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
"it's a little snug"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Majorian posted:

it made me sad that they did so incredibly little of interest with Mirror-Iris.
I'm hoping that her choosing to be herself and to live is foreshadowing her putting herself back together. And I hope she still looks like Iris but with cracks all over from shattering.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope mirror Iris comes back and does the home stuff while real Iris does the work stuff. Like Multiplicity

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Why do you want mirror Iris back that whole plot was terrible :psyduck:

And don't say it could've been good because "hey guys what if the bad thing but good instead" is not very convincing imo

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't know, it was worth it for the whole "that's not my wife, my wife is a lovely cook" sequence.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chokes McGee posted:

Why do you want mirror Iris back that whole plot was terrible :psyduck:

Because it looked like it was finally getting somewhere with her rebelling and trying to be her own person and then she just died. Basically, they cut the plot short just when it started showing potential.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

GreenNight posted:

I don't know, it was worth it for the whole "that's not my wife, my wife is a lovely cook" sequence.

"Barry, I don't think that's --"
"NO YOU DON'T GET IT SHE CAN'T COOK!!!"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ApeHawk posted:

"Barry, I don't think that's --"
"NO YOU DON'T GET IT SHE CAN'T COOK!!!"
The tragedy is that Post-Crisis-but-Pre-J'ohn-making-you-remember-the-Crisis Iris was a fantastic cook.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pied Piper has a real Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3 vibe going on.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Now that you mention it he does kinda look like young Tobey Maguire.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
You can be a great cook but terrible at one thing. It doesn't make you a terrible cook lmao. Maybe pancakes is just Iris' weak spot but she makes a bomb rear end risotto.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
And the Crisis of Infinite Earths event strikes again, screwing with changing what happened with Pied Piper and his lover the last time they went up against the Flash.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Be prepared for a weird cliffhanger, everyone.

Most of episode 620 was shot, but production was shut down with a day of filming still left. This included key scenes so the episode right now is in a weird unfinished state. The last two were all set to go but now it's most likely they'll be shot at the start of next season, and when that starts no one knows. Production usually starts in July but that is highly unlikely right now. Legends finished because they had fewer episodes and started production at the same time as Flash. In fact, the first eight episodes of the season were all shot before the crossover, which was Legends first episode to air this season.

Big giant state of uncertainty for everyone in television right now, so this situation isn't unique. But it really sucks for everyone who works on these productions because there is literally nothing to work on outside of animation or finishing projects that were already wrapped. Writers are getting paid to write but the rest of pre-production can't move forward until a time-frame for return is made official.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Danielle must've been super pregnant these last few episodes to never stand up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Danielle must've been super pregnant these last few episodes to never stand up.

I laughed really hard at the shot of Ralph sitting down on the couch and there was a giant pillow in front of Frost.

The issue with this week's episode was that it made it really clear that Cisco giving up his power was poorly motivated.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I want a Dibploma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Disappointed we won't get the originally planned Thawne pod but even with the rough patches this was still a huge improvement over the last two seasons.