Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
a poster had a very good point about Frasier and now I want to sit on my dual subwoofers to hear his creamy baritone wash through my body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FilthyImp posted:

a poster had a very good point about Frasier and now I want to sit on my dual subwoofers to hear his creamy baritone wash through my body.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

There are many people out there who consume much more content than me and are content to do it on tv speakers and that's just not right

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

IIRC Kelsey was supposed to be the captain but couldn't do it at the last minute, making this the second time Kate Mulgrew got the captain's role because of someone else dropping out suddenly.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sunswipe posted:

IIRC Kelsey was supposed to be the captain but couldn't do it at the last minute, making this the second time Kate Mulgrew got the captain's role because of someone else dropping out suddenly.

Grammer was in rehab after flipping his Ferrari on a coke bender.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zffv-FCEYM

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Timby posted:

He's a real BoJack Horseman isn't he

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

alexandriao posted:

He's a real BoJack Horseman isn't he

Bojack didn't have a sister who was gruesomely murdered and Bojack never had all those marriages and children. Or such mean and spiteful political views. Grammer and his life make Bojack look like a clean-living basket maker who lives in Pingree, Idaho.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Timby posted:

I believe it was a Dodge Viper

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bojack didn't have a sister who was gruesomely murdered and Bojack never had all those marriages and children. Or such mean and spiteful political views. Grammer and his life make Bojack look like a clean-living basket maker who lives in Pingree, Idaho.

Also his father was murdered by a man named Niles and both his brothers died in accidents, I think. The guy is probably one of the inspirations for Bojack Horseman.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Also another Trek alum. Young Niles is the kid that was in Star Trek: Insurrection.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

There are no claps in "The Friends Song" the actual song. I did not know who else to tell.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
How would you explain the premise of Frasier to someone who has never seen it or heard about it before? Someone with absolutely no Frasier awareness whatsoever.

Could you do it in three sentences? Two? One sentence??

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Posh man fails.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Its about a dog living in Seattle with three roommates and how he never gets privacy

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a pair of nouveau riche brothers from a middle class background are trying to fit themselves into the seattle old money upper-crust society... they do not fit and their dad laughs at them for trying

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A man slowly stalks a woman for years until he ruins her wedding while a dog does funny things.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

How would you explain the premise of Frasier to someone who has never seen it or heard about it before? Someone with absolutely no Frasier awareness whatsoever.

A psychiatrist-turned-radio-show-host is trying to adjust to changes in both his career and living situation after getting divorced. Unexpectedly, his retired cop father has to move in with him, along with a physical therapist. His brother, who is also a psychiatrist, frequently visits.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's a show where two effete snobbish brothers act as a stand in for a catty gay couple because America wasn't ready for Will & Grace yet.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Another Bill posted:

It's a show where two effete snobbish brothers act as a stand in for a catty gay couple because America wasn't ready for Will & Grace yet.

Didn't Will and Grace do the "These two gay men are just roommates and don't even think about sex with each other, pinky swear" bit that Brothers did first?

We don't get actual catty gay couples until Six Feet Under...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Gil in Frasier was a more believable gay character than anyone in Six Feet Under

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

hard counter posted:

a pair of nouveau riche brothers from a middle class background are trying to fit themselves into the seattle old money upper-crust society... they do not fit and their dad laughs at them for trying

I like this one.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

crispix posted:

Gil in Frasier was a more believable gay character than anyone in Six Feet Under

ROMPING with my school chums in the fens and spinneys

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

An attractive English physical therapist is forced to do menial housework by her cheap boss, obsessively stalked by her boss’s brother and often insulted by her boss’s father

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A cute dog is accompanied by curious characters

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A psychiatrist moves across the country after his divorce to live with his father and near his brother, and scores a radio show that sustains his wealth and allows him to be awkward and out of place among the generationally wealthy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Another Bill posted:

Eh, Frasier and Niles are definitely more brothers than anything else. The whole thing about being friendly and hyper-competitive drives so many plots after all.

They're basically shonen rivals.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

An innocent chair is ridiculed, argued over, spilled on, duct-taped, thrown away, set on fire, and tossed off a highrise balcony.

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray
A closeted try-hard finds love in all the wrong places, while drinking all the wrong alcohol.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cigar violence.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

A lumbering pleasure dinosaur in the quest for Mary Poppins and the hound from hell

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

oldpainless posted:

An attractive English physical therapist is forced to do menial housework by her cheap boss, obsessively stalked by her boss’s brother and often insulted by her boss’s father

An attractive woman, working as a producer for a radio psychiatrist in Seattle, tries to balance the needs of her career with her desire to live a carefree bohemian lifestyle (often having to endure both her boss' various neuroses and being slut-shamed by her boss' brother).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Fraser Caine's enormous rear-end competition!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

An engrossing tale of the journey to create a dish never done before. Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
CAM WINSTON!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ROMPING with my school chums in the fens and spinneys

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

crispix posted:

Gil was straight you cad!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Deb was the lower key Maris. In the Cheers universe there are tons of invisible wives.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I love Gil's response as to why she did not accompany him to the Seabees: "If you must know, Deb's on maneuvers with her reserve unit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

We went ahead and bought season 10 and it has some really great episodes. I remembered Frasier being on a general downward trend after daphne and Niles got together but this season is full of classic episodes