Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
New update. You vomit now if you ingest something that you shouldn't, and continue to do so with a timer.

I'm just vomiting all over for 100 seconds while flying around the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

New update. You vomit now if you ingest something that you shouldn't, and continue to do so with a timer.

lmfao

I'm gonna play this sometime soon and it's going to be a wild ride - I haven't played it since probably the first big update.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just started a game, drank my berserkium flask and...

exploded, with cause of death "overeating" (i hadn't consumed anything else at all though)

so uhhhhhh don't right click flasks now?

e: just tested again. new game, right click blood flask, literally explode destroying the rock around me, cause of death overeating

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
In fairness those flasks contain like 50 gallons apiece. But yeah, maybe that behavior could be improved slightly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The magic witch gut is definitely nerfed. I didn't get any exploding while drinking a flask. I just got 10% of the flask emptied and 10% stomach filled.

No spell limits and bombs materialized:

Weightless gravity rock:

I won my very first game on the new patch while playing like an idiot. Powerful perk/spell combo is no limits, bouncing spells and path of dark flame. Seems like the latter does no friendly fire damage now. I could just spam the level with clouds of little damaging flames.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 24, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

In fairness those flasks contain like 50 gallons apiece. But yeah, maybe that behavior could be improved slightly.

i don't mind the new limits but should probably get rid of "right click to drink an entire potion" if it literally makes me explode every time i do it, losing a run to a single misclick in non-dangerous situations isn't ideal

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

eke out posted:

i don't mind the new limits but should probably get rid of "right click to drink an entire potion" if it literally makes me explode every time i do it, losing a run to a single misclick in non-dangerous situations isn't ideal

Each click drank about 1/4 for me.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Hamelekim posted:

Noita: A magical action roguelite where every bodily function is simulated.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

TACD posted:

Noita: A magical action roguelite where every bodily function is simulated.

Urine is an ingredient. I'm sure you will have to pee if you drink too much at some point.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

new enemy is a jerk

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the new perks that give you a random always-cast, or convert your wand from shuffle to not, are very neat

although the former is an extreme gamble and is reasonably likely to ruin your wand lol

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

eke out posted:

the new perks that give you a random always-cast, or convert your wand from shuffle to not, are very neat

although the former is an extreme gamble and is reasonably likely to ruin your wand lol

And yet I'll be taking it every time.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

eke out posted:

I picked this up on a 0.03 cast wand with ton bunch of bouncy bolt and used it immediately without checking the spell for the first time. the always cast was acid and the gods were mad and I died immediately in my own acid after the knockback from one hit by the guardian

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Are you kidding me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What are you guys using to record and take choice pieces out?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Zesty posted:

What are you guys using to record and take choice pieces out?

They have a built in gif maker for deaths but also if you hit f11. Its under options.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Great! Thanks!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Unlimited ground-to-sand meteors makes this game pretty easy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh gently caress. A rat!

https://i.imgur.com/YwH9LgN.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What is happening ahhahhahhhh.

https://i.imgur.com/y6PteRA.mp4

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Played a bit after a break, some large update just came out so why not.

First level, didn't find anything cool at all, picked up Edit Wands Everywhere though. Second level, found a wand of always cast perpendicular-fireballs, casts 4 spells, which are 4 lances:

https://i.imgur.com/cyE2gTv.mp4

Proceeded to fungal caverns, promising myself to be extra careful. Then some... hmm have I seen this enemy before... mage kind of character showed up and cast some spell at me and

wait where am I did we just switch places what happened, where is the enemy, what year is it, ah w

https://i.imgur.com/ibVjk7I.mp4

Game remains 5/5 would die hilariously again (and again)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
One of the new perks is limitless spells, and let me tell you, there's nothing quite as... special as Nuke with no use limit. :stonklol:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

jaete posted:

wait where am I did we just switch places what happened, where is the enemy, what year is it, ah w

Hahaha the fall into lava at the end is the cherry on top, goddamn

I'm def booting this game back up soon

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

jaete posted:

That's so loving wonderful. :allears:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

That mage switches places with you whenever you damage it, super-instantaneously. Lances do friendly fire and you were shooting multiple lances.

here's me doing that same thing

resistentialism posted:

new enemy is a jerk

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Does anyone have still a link to that mod that gives you a Chasing Projectiles perk? I accidentally deleted my copy.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

resistentialism posted:

That mage switches places with you whenever you damage it, super-instantaneously. Lances do friendly fire and you were shooting multiple lances.

here's me doing that same thing

How are you supposed to kill it then? Use single projectiles? Kick it? Physics it?

Grabbing a scroll to throw at enemies is looking less and less optional.

Zamujasa posted:

One of the new perks is limitless spells, and let me tell you, there's nothing quite as... special as Nuke with no use limit. :stonklol:

If you want to tool around in the postgame, definitely grab the nuke wand from the top of the tower. Just, uh, watch how you use it.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

How are you supposed to kill it then? Use single projectiles? Kick it? Physics it?

I`ve killed them with explosions. It seems if you blast them with a non-direct explosion from Large Fireball or a bomb you`ll be fine. A caution: If you use an explosive spell and your projectile hits the mage, it will swap just before the explosion happens, engulfing you.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

I`m playing on a Lenovo x220 and this is the only thing that has crashed the game for me so far

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They don't really do much on their own. They're happy to follow other enemies around hitting them with a swapping projectile.
They seem like gotcha for people using homing drill clouds or blasting everything from way offscreen.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

got sick and poisoned eating thru this, but there was a health pickup inside

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can definitely tell it's been like half a year since i've played this game because i sure as hell don't remember that thing in the top of the pyramid

also, does filling the eye of the big skull in the desert with liquid still do anything, or was that moved elsewhere?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Johnny Joestar posted:

also, does filling the eye of the big skull in the desert with liquid still do anything, or was that moved elsewhere?

It does something else now.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

So if you get polymorphed into one of those mushroom suicide bombers from the fungal caverns and press the attack button you will loving explode and die :laffo:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
They still haven't fixed that? That was already a known problem at the beginning of the year.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Doesn't seem like it needs fixing, their main attack is suicide explosion!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Suddenly getting transformed into a suicide shroom and accidentally exploding yourself before you notice it is something I would say very much needs fixing, because that's incredibly frustrating and basically completely random.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just think of it as if liquid containers were somewhat predictable but extremely dangerous enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Polymorphing is super dangerous, to the extent that I consider enemies that polymorph you to be priority targets over practically anything else. I don't see how "got morphed into an explosive shroom and then exploded myself" is any worse than "got morphed into a chicken and then splatted" or "got morphed into a fish and asphyxiated in air" or any number of other ways to die by being polymorphed in a combat situation.