Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hopper posted:

That has a lot less to do with students being unqualified and more with Unis having far too few Studienplätze in the Klinik.

I studied medicine and quit because it wasn't for me. Never regretted it. But I can tell you every prof was open about the exams being stacked 14 exams in 6 weeks every semester (even though they could have spread them out) and brutally hard because they had to get rid of people somehow.
Once I asked a prof why they made us understand the entire glucose metabolism (which was really important) and then in the exam they would ask which atom on the molecule had the N atom attached (which literally does not have any value for a doc to know).
And he said: "I know, but we have too few Klinikstudienplätze and need to make sure enough people fail."

I mean, our healthcare system is mostly centrally planned so somebody is probably running the numbers on how many new doctors the system needs each year and it's a lot fewer than the amount of people who have the mental and psychological ability to get through good Medizinstudium and then work as a doctor. Some kind of washout process is just unavoidable.

I really like the idea of cutting Wartesemester if you agree to work in places with low Ärtzedichte for a couple of years after your Studium. Create more Klinikplätze for these people and include some kind of Vertragsstrafe like having to pay back a part of the Studienkosten if you don't follow through after Studium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

GABA ghoul posted:

I really like the idea of cutting Wartesemester if you agree to work in places with low Ärtzedichte for a couple of years after your Studium. Create more Klinikplätze for these people and include some kind of Vertragsstrafe like having to pay back a part of the Studienkosten if you don't follow through after Studium.
So if I'm from a wealthy background, tell them to gently caress off and pay off the penalty I can be a doctor even though I'm dumb? Sounds great

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sereri posted:

So if I'm from a wealthy background, tell them to gently caress off and pay off the penalty I can be a doctor even though I'm dumb? Sounds great

Not that big of a change. If you didn't have the grades to skip Wartesemester previously, you just payed some Hungarian university to get you through the first few years and then transfer back to Germany without delay. :shrug:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

Lol, I knew this reply was coming. Yeah, it's not a perfect plan but if the amount of bougie scum gaming the system is not too big it might still be worth it. Like, if it's one in 20, I can totally live with it.

I have no idea how to panelize bougies that woul be compatible with the Grundgesetz and not be a huge dick move.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The entire academic engine behind a medical degree is pretty loving dumb and has been for a decade or two. If that poo poo gets sorted for the better that'll be at least one good thing in the aftermath of this crisis.

I studied at a UAS and there was a healthy mix between people like me with allgemeiner Hochschulreife that started straight after abi and people that went over the zweiter Bildungsweg and the half that made it became equally good engineers.

Meanwhile try to get a Dr. Med. (Which in the eyes of dusty academics isn't even a real academic Dr.) when you have been a Pfleger or Krankenschwester mit Ausbildung and strive for a higher education within your industry.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 26, 2020

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Randler posted:

Not that big of a change. If you didn't have the grades to skip Wartesemester previously, you just payed some Hungarian university to get you through the first few years and then transfer back to Germany without delay. :shrug:

Hungary isn't where the rich go anymore. A neurologist i know has two of his three daughters study medicine in Riga, because daddy's precious children definitely need to follow in his footsteps. Doesn't matter that they are lazy brats and definitely won't make it through the clinical portion of their education, despite the absolutely bonkers amount of money they are spending. (The third daughter is smart enough to study in Germany.)
They apparently have an extra University that only teaches in English where they put all the rich European kids, so they can extract the most amount of money and you can just pay an agency which will handle your application and pretty much guarantees that you will get in (if your Abiturnoten are at least somewhat decent).

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

Meanwhile try to get a Dr. Med. (Which in the eyes of dusty academics isn't even a real academic Dr.) when you have been a Pfleger or Krankenschwester mit Ausbildung and strive for a higher education within your industry.

Well not just academics. It's classified as equivalent to a Master, which I think is more than fair. I have helped on Dr.Med dissertations and I have seen plenty Master theses of higher academic Anspruch.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/TomHeartsTanks/status/1254218336503644160

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

My upstairs neighbors' baby always cries a lot, but it started crying yesterday at 10 am, then cried all loving day with at most 20 minutes of rest in between, and it is now crying again. I can always hear the two (well, her) take care of the baby so it's not like they're dead or intentionally ignoring the situation. I guess I just wish they would finally shake it until it dies. And with that, gumo in der KW 18, lets steiger that Bruttosozialprodukt :buddy:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Smirr posted:

My upstairs neighbors' baby always cries a lot, but it started crying yesterday at 10 am, then cried all loving day with at most 20 minutes of rest in between, and it is now crying again. I can always hear the two (well, her) take care of the baby so it's not like they're dead or intentionally ignoring the situation. I guess I just wish they would finally shake it until it dies. And with that, gumo in der KW 18, lets steiger that Bruttosozialprodukt :buddy:

Is this from r/childfree? That's hosed up even for them.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KonvexKonkav posted:

Is this from r/childfree? That's hosed up even for them.

I'm at the absolute end of my rope here. Is it normal for a baby to cry for 40 out of 60 minutes, for 10+ hours straight? I feel like I shouldn't have to worry about this. It's still ongoing btw, as it always is

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LFnGQSGnI

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Smirr posted:

Aber wenn es dann einmal lächelt...

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
hosed up if true, OP.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirr posted:

I'm at the absolute end of my rope here. Is it normal for a baby to cry for 40 out of 60 minutes, for 10+ hours straight? I feel like I shouldn't have to worry about this. It's still ongoing btw, as it always is

The baby knows existence is pain and can’t articulate it yet.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

It is issuing a challenge to your stereo, op.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Smirr posted:

It's on the upper end of the spectrum but still "normal" if it's a newborn. If it's any consolation, op, it's even less fun for the parents and the child. Also, if it's a newborn, the crying frequency should decrease over the next weeks but the volume will probably increase...

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

My man, have you heard about this new miracle technology called noise cancelling headphones?

As someone who lives below a brainbroked Rentnerpaar who hämmer against the floor and Wände with a Hammer at random times of day and night I can only recommend them.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
People should not have kids if they are. It willing to live 18 years out in the wild where their child can scream as loud as it wants, imo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

KonvexKonkav posted:

the crying frequency should decrease over the next weeks but the volume will probably increase...
there's an audio engineering joke in there that I can't fully grasp

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Randler posted:

It is issuing a challenge to your stereo, op.

Agreed. Time for a slam death best of imo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Randler posted:

People should not have kids if they are. It willing to live 18 years out in the wild where their child can scream as loud as it wants, imo.

That's no solace for the neighbours.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

My man, have you heard about this new miracle technology called noise cancelling headphones?

gently caress noise cancelling headphones! I have tried some (expensive) ones and whatever frequency they are using is unbearable and makes me sick after a short while. It's like sitting in an ever rising plane and you cannot swallow to make your ears pop.

Happy for those that can use them, though. You lucky fuckers.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
My friends, let me introduce you to a little something called the Schiedsamt...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ephex posted:

Aber wenn es dann einmal lächelt...

lol

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Living in this world you will sometimes be exposed to annoying noises, there is literally nothing that can be done about it. Throw away your headphones and ear plugs, embrace the pain and meditate on the torture that is existence. Console yourself with the thought that this baby or one like it will wash our goon folds once we're all senile 90 year olds.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

pidan posted:

Living in this world you will sometimes be exposed to annoying noises, there is literally nothing that can be done about it. Throw away your headphones and ear plugs, embrace the pain and meditate on the torture that is existence. Console yourself with the thought that this baby or one like it will wash our goon folds once we're all senile 90 year olds.

Don't do this, op. You can get brain damage and even literally die from sleep deprivation.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Or bribe your HNO to attest you Schwerhörigkeit, get cochlea implants and hey presto, you can just take those off and it’s quiet!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

Don't do this, op. You can get brain damage and even literally die from sleep deprivation.

The baby allegedly cries from 10am to 8pm, so there's plenty of time for sleep.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

My friends, let me introduce you to a little something called the dingo...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tarquinn posted:

gently caress noise cancelling headphones! I have tried some (expensive) ones and whatever frequency they are using is unbearable and makes me sick after a short while. It's like sitting in an ever rising plane and you cannot swallow to make your ears pop.

Happy for those that can use them, though. You lucky fuckers.

it's not the frequency, it's the air pressure trapped in your ears, should be bearable if you keep your mouth open for a while

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's not the frequency, it's the air pressure trapped in your ears, should be bearable if you keep your mouth open for a while

No, it's not a problem when they're turned off. And I am using some closed (non noise cancelling) headphones for my PC that are fine too.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KonvexKonkav posted:

It's on the upper end of the spectrum but still "normal" if it's a newborn. If it's any consolation, op, it's even less fun for the parents and the child. Also, if it's a newborn, the crying frequency should decrease over the next weeks but the volume will probably increase...

It was born last December and it was kinda like this right from the start. I guess the first day was 5-12 AM literally non-stop, while yesterday and today are exasperating because it will intermittently stop just long enough that I go "finally" and exactly then it will start again.

Also, for the record, the parents are well aware and got everyone in the house some cookies and one Oropax back in December, which was nice and all. On the other hand they wrote the note from the POV of the baby and signed it with "Liebste Schnullergrüße", so in the grand scheme of things that didn't do much to make me hate the abstract idea of parents any less

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

ONE Oropax? Didn‘t they get the memo about binaural sound?

(All right I‘ll show myself out)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

über die Maskenpflicht posted:

Längst sind nicht alle mit dieser Entwicklung einverstanden. Es gibt Bürger, die wollen sich mit Vernunft der aktuellen Situation stellen. Was sie aber nicht wollen, ist auf eine perfide Weise zum Täter stigmatisiert zu werden, weil ihnen ihre Freiheit und der Wert des Grundgesetzes am Herzen liegen.

Ein Kommentar von Marcus Klöckner courtesy of Telepolis

https://twitter.com/sibylleberg/status/1254686809893847040?s=21

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Casually tuned into Söder's Pressekonferenz just now and the man looks and sounds like he's at death's door, holy poo poo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Forcing people to wear pants in public is unvereinbar with a freiheitliche Gesellschaft, a Gastbeitrag by GABA Ghoul

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

Ein Kommentar von Marcus Klöckner courtesy of Telepolis

https://twitter.com/sibylleberg/status/1254686809893847040?s=21

skipThings posted:

The loving Demokratie und Grundgesetz is only under attack if whitey is iconvenienced, bloodthirst rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

Forcing people to wear pants in public is unvereinbar with a freiheitliche Gesellschaft, a Gastbeitrag by GABA Ghoul

:emptyquote:

Please pitch that to Telepolis ASAP, TIA