Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Smirr posted:

It was born last December and it was kinda like this right from the start. I guess the first day was 5-12 AM literally non-stop, while yesterday and today are exasperating because it will intermittently stop just long enough that I go "finally" and exactly then it will start again.

Also, for the record, the parents are well aware and got everyone in the house some cookies and one Oropax back in December, which was nice and all. On the other hand they wrote the note from the POV of the baby and signed it with "Liebste Schnullergrüße", so in the grand scheme of things that didn't do much to make me hate the abstract idea of parents any less

Lmao, that explains some of your other posts regarding children, I guess. Still, even very loud children like this usually get quieter before they're one so you will only have to suffer a few more months probably. If not, you can always contact your local Schiedsgericht. Beste Schnullergrüße!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

US talking points arrived via steamboat at a german port after a week and our now being utilized

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

KonvexKonkav posted:

Beste Schnullergrüße!

And make sure to close the letter to the Schiedsgericht with that.

Also, ^^^ transatlanticists are quislings.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

skipThings posted:

US talking points arrived via steamboat at a german port after a week and our now being utilized

does that mean schäuble gets banned for bloodlust posting?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The kid in the apartment below me spent a year making absolutely inhuman noises 24/7. Like full blown exorcist demonic possession poo poo. I'd never heard anything like it. Parents be crazy yo.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't want to scare Smirr here, but the kids in my parent's building never mellowed out till ~puberty. First the older son was going apeshit almost every single day, crying, stomping and throwing poo poo basically 10 hours a day. That was going on for years till he was 12 or something. Then the younger daughter started doing the same thing and she is still at it after many years. The people living directly under them started looking like shell shocked ww1 veterans after they moved in, the woman gained a shitton of weight and developed mental issues/some serious anxiety poo poo. She looks really hosed up(but that might be unrelated to the constant psychological terror)

I saw the mother of the nightmare kids shopping with the daughter last Christmas and the daughter was basically non stop crying for no reason the whole time I was in the shop and the mother was just completely ignoring her. The son is kinda ok now, really polite and seems like an ok kid. I think he got it all out of his system now.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Yes, but once the kids are old enough (iirc around primary school age), you can take it up with their parents at the Schiedsamt.

The "Kinderlärm is not Lärmbelästigung" stuff only works for babies and infants. And even in those cases you can Schiedsamt the parents, if you can demonstrate that the child is overly loud due to inproper care by the parents.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can definitely recommend the Schiedsamt, A++++ experience would schied again.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I'm pretty sure a Schiedsgericht would almost never argue against children being loud. Same with professional musicians practising, btw.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Honj Steak posted:

I'm pretty sure a Schiedsgericht would almost never argue against children being loud. Same with professional musicians practising, btw.

please note: the Schiedsamt doesnt argue or decide anything, it just exist as a mediator between the two parties. if this doesn't work out then you can actually go to court.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

Verteidigungsministerium entschuldigt sich nach Pressetermin

17.46 Uhr: Ein Termin, wie er zu Corona-Zeiten nicht ablaufen sollte: Zahlreiche Journalisten, Bundeswehrsoldaten sowie Mitarbeiter des Ministeriums standen bei der Ankunft einer Lieferung von 10,3 Millionen Schutzmasken aus China am Flughafen Leipzig/Halle am Montag dicht gedrängt. Ministerin Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (CDU) gab eng umringt von Journalisten ein Statement ab. Einige trugen keine Schutzmasken.

In sozialen Netzwerken wurde das Verhalten kritisiert - darauf hat das Ministerium nun reagiert: "Leider haben sich heute in Leipzig nicht alle an die Regeln gehalten. Das bedauern wir sehr und überprüfen auch unsere eigene Organisation", hieß es in einem Tweet des Ministeriums nach dem Termin am Montag. "Muss wohl noch bei uns allen richtig eingeübt werden."

https://twitter.com/BMVg_Bundeswehr/status/1254724509011193856

Ich glaube die Annegret kanns einfach nicht...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

im this guy:

https://twitter.com/bigbit15/status/1254739859882663936

as well as this retweet of his:

https://twitter.com/Markus_Krall/status/1253962809148350464

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

I saw the ellipsis and immediately read the whole thing in Edmund "dann sind sie, äh... am ... Flughafen" Stoiber's voice.

How'd the Schiedsamt/gericht story go anyway, oliwan? Genuinely curious.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

*googles this guy*

quote:

Krall sieht im Rahmen einer entstehenden Großkrise, die er in vorausgegangenen Bestsellern bereits beschrieben hatte, eine Erosion der Freiheitsrechte und der Marktwirtschaft, einen Zusammenbruch des Geldsystems und ein Versagen der Eliten in Deutschland. Dabei gleite das Land durch maßlose Umverteilung in einen planwirtschaftlichen Staatsmonopolkapitalismus ab. In diesem Buch führt er aus, wie die Krise als Chance für eine „bürgerliche Revolution“ genutzt und dabei die aus seiner Sicht beschädigten „fünf Werte-Säulen einer freien Gesellschaft“ – Familie, Eigentum, Individualität, Religion und Kultur – gerettet werden können. Ausgangslage sei, dass einige Tausend gewaltbereite „Fußtruppen“ der Antifa mit einem sie unterstützendem „Heer von Islamisten“ im Zuge des „Chrashs“ revoltieren würden. Daher stelle sich die Frage der „Konterrevolution“.[42] Mit einem 100-Tage-Programm macht er hierzu Vorschläge. In diesem Zusammenhang regt er insbesondere eine Verfassungsdebatte an. Einer seiner programmatischen Forderungen ist die Einschränkung bzw. Abschaffung des Allgemeinen Wahlrechts: Bürger, die Subventionen oder Transfergelder beantragen und beziehen, soll das Wahlrecht entzogen werden.[43] Auch schlägt er die Einführung eines auf Lebenszeit gewählten „Königs“ mit Vetorecht in grundsätzlichen Fragen vor.

holy poo poo ahahaha

awoo baby

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh my god, Erich von Däniken (or someone larping as him) is on Twitter

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1253373781902532608

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1251217103492972544

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1249391484283084802

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1240992492083961859

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1227991640037625857

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Isn't the "I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens" Babylon 5-haircut meme dude also Swiss?

wtf is it with prominent UFO truthers being Swiss

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

System Metternich posted:

*googles this guy*

holy poo poo ahahaha

awoo baby

big oof, that's Hans-Hermann Hoppe tier

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Drone posted:

Isn't the "I'm not saying it was aliens... but it was aliens" Babylon 5-haircut meme dude also Swiss?

wtf is it with prominent UFO truthers being Swiss

Oh wow, yeah he is. Didn't know that

This tweet is pretty good because it implies that every time he comes across Iapetus in writing he's like "why is this one always lowercase?!":

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1223614139085590528

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Oh wow, yeah he is. Didn't know that

This tweet is pretty good because it implies that every time he comes across Iapetus in writing he's like "why is this one always lowercase?!":

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1223614139085590528

This tweet is actually very sad, because the real Däniken would have never made this error, and so the charlatan is revealed

Fun over

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

This tweet is actually very sad, because the real Däniken would have never made this error, and so the charlatan is revealed

Fun over

Hmmm I don't know

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1117837132104646657

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1142865066888503297

https://twitter.com/vonDaeniken/status/1143302455901507584

Baby update: it has been moved to the balcony directly above my gooncave window. It is still crying. I think I'm going to go outside for a bit, maybe walk into traffic

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I don’t know, but that Aas von Däniken seems like a cool dude.

Re: yellkid: Can’t you, like, talk to the parents and ask how‘s it going? Might help with the suffering on all sides.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Zwille posted:

I don’t know, but that Aas von Däniken seems like a cool dude.

Re: yellkid: Can’t you, like, talk to the parents and ask how‘s it going? Might help with the suffering on all sides.

I could, but that would be an awfully Kölsch thing to do. I guess I'll do it anyway when I see them around - I'm not ringing doorbells over this. That's where I draw the line re: Kaff poo poo

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Libluini posted:

Fun over

Unrelated Däniken fun fact: I visited one if his shows when I was in the Mittelstufe with a friend for ze lolz. Cost us 20 Deutsche Mark each, but was worth it.

It was a packed Vortragsraum and he used state of the art CGI, i.e. polygons, to demonstrate how Johannes was being drugged by a bong-trumpet when he wrote his apocalypse.

During intermission the lady seated behind us asked where we were from. We answered „From city XYZ“ and she nodded and explained that she was more außergalaktisch and her neigbhor chimed in that she was only from Pluto (still a planet back then) but had visited Earth before and had washed the feet of Jesus Christ. In hindsight this was probably the day I lost all respect for adults.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I watched that video this morning, and even the reporter on camera was asked by the anchor why they're not trying to maintain distance, and his response was pretty much "uh, yeah, we're kinda loving this up, aren't we?"

There were two outgunned Unteroffiziere that were doing their best to keep the press at Bay and pleaded for common sense, but AKK just went straight ahead with the Antonov Photo OP and the press barrelled in behind her.

At some point, the reporter on camera can even be heard having an exchange with a Stabsoffizier, admitting that his colleagues were "probably not putting in a good compliance effort with regard to distance", and the guy just straight up goes "Ayyyup. The rules were decided and laid out before this thing, y'all said y'all'd be cool, nothing really we can do, welp."

This could have easily been done with Absperrungen and a theatric unloading of pallets, but I guess AKK decided that it was just not good enough of a photo-op without her personally entering the plane and signing the loving Lieferschein for no drat reason. So yeah...welp, politicians.

Is she running for something?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Einbauschrank posted:

she nodded and explained that she was more außergalaktisch and her neigbhor chimed in that she was only from Pluto (still a planet back then) but had visited Earth before and had washed the feet of Jesus Christ.

i want whatever they're having.

Oliwan, help?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Goddamn, I love me some Erich von Däniken. Unlike most other conspiracy nuts he is just so loving enthusiastic about all that stuff. Almost like he is in on the joke. :allears:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Baby update: it has been moved to the balcony directly above my gooncave window. It is still crying. I think I'm going to go outside for a bit, maybe walk into traffic

If that is a Schreikind you could be in for some time. My friends baby boy was a Schreikind and she got lucky because he was one of the cases where they stop after 3 months. But if they don't it can go on.

This poo poo is nothing the parents can change though, in fact it is really hard on them. My friend had to go to therapy, the marriage nearly broke apart, which apparently isn't rare in these cases.

However, I once asked her what it means the baby "schreit den ganzen Tag? also Weinen?". She pulled out her phone and played a recording. gently caress me that was literal screeching as if the kid was in sheer terror. So if what you hear is a baby crying and not a baby shrieking, you might be lucky an nd it's just a baby with Koliken or something.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Oh god.

quote:

Exzessives Schreien im Säuglingsalter ist häufig: Etwa 16 bis 29 Prozent aller Säuglinge sind in den ersten drei Lebensmonaten betroffen. Bei etwa 8 Prozent besteht das Verhalten über den dritten Monat hinaus.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exzessives_Schreien_im_S%C3%A4uglingsalter

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I had to parse these in the meme thread so now you’ll have to suffer too.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Are we still doing German memes? There is a meme format I enjoy, but since not everyone speaks German I translated it so that we can all enjoy

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Amazing.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Zwille posted:

Ivar Combrinck posting from the grave.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Zwille posted:

https://twitter.com/drankturpentine/status/1254529002301054976

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Zwille posted:

I don't get the 3rd one.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

KonvexKonkav posted:

I don't get the 3rd one.

Egal wie gut es dir geht, Bill Gates besser

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

System Metternich posted:

Egal wie gut es dir geht, Bill Gates besser